Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 1:39:38 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

What,  Hybrid parking without courtesy plug ins.  What a crock.

Are there even any PHEVs on the market yet?

Last I checked, the 'Volt' was supposed to be the first, and it's not out yet....

Link Posted: 3/11/2010 2:53:54 AM EDT
[#2]
OP drives a hybrid.  Allow me to explain.

Range Rover = English.
English = Ghey
Ghey + SUV = hybrid.

Notice that the Priuii were too embarrased to be seen next to it.  

typical range rover:
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 4:03:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I did see a Honda Accord parked in one of those "Fuel Efficient Vehicle Parking Only"... it was idling with someone sitting in the passenger seat, and it was still idling when I came back out of the store 45 minutes later...
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 5:44:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 5:54:39 AM EDT
[#5]
I sometimes shop at Whole Foods Market.  They have parking for 'fuel efficient vehicles' up front.  I drive a 96 Lexus ES300 which gets maybe 22-24mpg so to me that's a whole lot better than other options so I obviously take the opportunity to possibly raise the ire of arrogant hippies.  So far I have no key marks, nasty notes or dumb looks.  Just imagine the reaction if they knew I CCW'd there too!
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 6:00:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I love spots like those.
I especially love ones that are for "alternative fuel vehicles".

http://www.gorbould.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/alt_fuel_only.jpg

Since I believe that to be a bullshit term, I will gladly park my vehicle there.
If anyone gives me shit, I tell 'em it runs on fucking whale oil. How's that for alternative fuel, fuckstain?  

Oh yeah!

Link Posted: 3/11/2010 7:34:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:
What,  Hybrid parking without courtesy plug ins.  What a crock.

Are there even any PHEVs on the market yet?

Last I checked, the 'Volt' was supposed to be the first, and it's not out yet....

There are aftermarket conversions for current hybrids.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 7:46:26 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Their property. Their rules. You may be a client, but you're still a guest and should conduct yourself accordingly.

Almost all vehicles hybrid. I would have no problem parking my 10 mpg 1 ton truck there. It is dual fuel.

Link Posted: 3/11/2010 9:42:44 AM EDT
[#9]
what about that couple 1 ton GMC "hybrid" trucks that are out there, they used a gas motor to drive an electrical generator to drive an electric motor. supposed to get 18 mpg, i saw one at a gas station back in '06 and asked about it, guy said it actually got about 16, but he liked the towing power of it(apparently it didnt have a curve of power it was just on and off, no building).

linky to the truck
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 9:51:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Somebody should steal that sign and put it on Al Gores ass!!
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 10:08:32 AM EDT
[#11]
I have seen the expectant mothers spots (which I respect) but have never seen a hybrid one. Gut feeling is that I would have likley pulled my Dodge 2500 Diesel in and parked it there for shits and grins. But that is just me.

J-
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 10:15:51 AM EDT
[#12]

PERFECT spot for my 3/4 ton diesel pickup.
Link Posted: 3/11/2010 10:25:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yeah I parked there, my company was having a small event there so they dared not ticket me. I had to take a pic. The hotel was called Aloft. They are pretty cool and modern and fit for our needs, but this was a little bit ridiculous.....

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a212/alexmartinjr/hybrid-parking-only-2.jpg

we have a new local Best buy here in Indy that put in two spots for hybrid cars. I park the wifes z-71 suburban in it when I shop there.

Whos going to write a ticket, the douche bag that sits at the door in the yellow shirt?

Link Posted: 3/11/2010 10:37:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Yeah I parked there, my company was having a small event there so they dared not ticket me. I had to take a pic. The hotel was called Aloft. They are pretty cool and modern and fit for our needs, but this was a little bit ridiculous.....

Likely the building is LEED rated, and got some LEED points by putting in hybrid parking spots.  Legally I don't think there is much of anything they can do, and to boot, management probably doesn't care...

LEED is a 'green building' standard for those who don't know.  Most people do it as a marketing/PR thing, as it usually doesn't pay off, but you do get some tax credits for making a building LEED qualified.

Link Posted: 3/11/2010 12:06:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, all you did was convince a bunch of people you were a snot nosed yuppy that couldn't read.  Mission accomplished.

It is obvious that you don't know me by that comment. Hell a least I don't live in CA. LOL
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top