Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:38:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice truck, now ditch the front air dam.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:41:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Also, what is this DEF box nonsense?  Is this a 2015 and onward emissions thing?  

I'm not quite 30 and I already can't stand the technology on contemporary vehicles.  I'm going to be an angry old man at this rate.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 9:42:21 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Also, what is this DEF box nonsense?  Is this a 2015 and onward emissions thing?  

I'm not quite 30 and I already can't stand the technology on contemporary vehicles.  I'm going to be an angry old man at this rate.

View Quote
Yes.  Diesel Exhaust fluid.  All it is is water and urea.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 10:01:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote
2007 and on.

Ultra Low Sulfer Diesel as well
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:03:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
2007 and on.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

2007 and on.  

Yea had a habit of blowing out heavy carbon/emission related particulates. People freaked out about the evil smoke.

Auto emmisions are worse for the environment, as hey are small enough to float on the air. Unlike desiel emmisions that are visable because of the size of the particals that are far to large to float in the air. They mostly fell back to the group a short time later.

Now with the def emission systems its just burning it to smaller sizes.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:07:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Beautiful truck I just got a new to me 2010 GMC CCLB I love it so far.
Whatever you do NO GODDAMN STACKS!!

EFI Live with tunes by "Idaho Rob" or Kory Willis ...really gets the most out of the Duramax's potential

AirDog II 4G lift pump ....helps remove water and air from diesel to have cleaner more efficient fuel use

DPF delete .... cause fuck EPA and its HP & MPG robbing bullshit

EGR delete .... same as above also doesn't pump exhaust gas back into the engine gunk-ing it up.

PCV reroute.... keeps oil from getting blown into the inter cooler gunk-ing it up

Trans Go Jr. upgrade or better yet  a Full trans build by SunCoast Transmissions  ..... be able to use all that extra HP you will make

Husky Liner floor mats .... fit great lifetime warranty One's I got ..Love em

Du-Ha under rear seat storage (also holds 3 rifles).... clean storage that hides some guns tow straps etc and keeps them from flying around  

Or basically all the shit I wanna do to mine as I get the $$$

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:10:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

EFI Live with tunes by "Idaho Rob" or Kory Willis ...really gets the most out of the Duramax's potential

AirDog II 4G lift pump ....helps remove water and air from diesel to have cleaner more efficient fuel use  Gives more pep to even a towing tune. Also helps keep the CP4 from exploding. I went with the FASS though

EGR delete .... same as above also doesn't pump exhaust gas back into the engine gunk-ing it up.

PCV reroute.... keeps oil from getting blown into the inter cooler gunk-ing it up

Trans Go Jr. upgrade or better yet  a Full trans build by SunCoast Transmissions  ..... be able to use all that extra HP you will make   The LML doesn't need a transgo as much as the older ones.

Husky Liner floor mats .... fit great lifetime warranty One's I got ..Love em  Pretty much the same as weathertech. Probably cheaper.

Du-Ha under rear seat storage (also holds 3 rifles).... clean storage that hides some guns tow straps etc and keeps them from flying around I got that. Love the thing.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l274/Pelotas_wow/Mobile%20Uploads/20150709_110733.jpg

View Quote

^he speaks the truth.

This is why you don't level it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:15:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

^he speaks the truth.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j26/louisianarebel14/20130305_174033_zpsf7a1e5b2.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

AirDog II 4G lift pump ....helps remove water and air from diesel to have cleaner more efficient fuel use  Gives more pep to even a towing tune. Also helps keep the CP4 from exploding. I went with the FASS though

Trans Go Jr. upgrade or better yet  a Full trans build by SunCoast Transmissions  ..... be able to use all that extra HP you will make   The LML doesn't need a transgo as much as the older ones.

Husky Liner floor mats .... fit great lifetime warranty One's I got ..Love em  Pretty much the same as weathertech. Probably cheaper.

Du-Ha under rear seat storage (also holds 3 rifles).... clean storage that hides some guns tow straps etc and keeps them from flying around I got that. Love the thing.

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l274/Pelotas_wow/Mobile%20Uploads/20150709_110733.jpg

^he speaks the truth.

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j26/louisianarebel14/20130305_174033_zpsf7a1e5b2.jpg

I would go with Fuelab Velocity 200 personally
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:18:40 AM EDT
[#9]
nice looking truck. Looks like the front bumper will get ripped off if you take it off road though.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:22:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

That thing is high dollar.
I like the FASS and airdog for having separate fuel and water separator, and also only paying like $600 for the kit.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:27:50 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Any particular reason ? I know the AirDog II-4G is really quiet and a well known brand, like FASS ( but they are noisy)  not familiar with Fuelab
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:30:45 AM EDT
[#12]
400 HP and almost 800 foot pounds of torque!

My 496 Vortex weeps, but at least it doesn't have to drink Obama piss to keep running.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:34:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
400 HP and almost 800 foot pounds of torque!

My 496 Vortex weeps, but at least it doesn't have to drink Obama piss to keep running.
View Quote

Easy fix.
I think all the new diesels have it now.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:39:53 AM EDT
[#14]
This is why you buy Chevy

And one for the DirtyMax
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:47:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

AirDog II 4G lift pump ....helps remove water and air from diesel to have cleaner more efficient fuel use

Trans Go Jr. upgrade or better yet  a Full trans build by SunCoast Transmissions  ..... be able to use all that extra HP you will make

Du-Ha under rear seat storage (also holds 3 rifles).... clean storage that hides some guns tow straps etc and keeps them from flying around  

View Quote

It's not often I see a proper truck on here with an 8ft bed
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:52:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's just something about a crew cab that looks wrong with a short bed
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:06:31 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:20:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, it looks like a grocery getter.

People don't get the CCLB parking struggle
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:35:01 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Any particular reason ? I know the AirDog II-4G is really quiet and a well known brand, like FASS ( but they are noisy)  not familiar with Fuelab
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Can flow more and maintain pressure at higher flow rates for big power trucks.  Personally I think they are higher quality.  I've seen some Airdog and FASS failures as well.  Not knocking them, just if I'm going to drop that kind of money it'll be on a Fuelab.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:35:05 AM EDT
[#20]
The first thing you really need to do is return it and buy a Ford.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:36:25 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:06:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Are you going to put a ball or a 5th wheel plate in the bed?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:13:47 AM EDT
[#23]
IBTS (in before the stacks)
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:18:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I never heard of leveling kits until arfcom.
View Quote

I've been adding them to new trucks for years.
Relatively inexpensive ($1200 installed) and allows for 33inch x 11.5inch tires.

Pretty popular with the younger crowd.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:23:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Relatively inexpensive ($1200 installed) and allows for 33inch x 11.5inch tires.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Y'all are busting heads @ $1200 bucks

32" tires but less than $100 bucks for the parts

In a mechanic shop, it's about a 30 min job to install.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:25:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's Canadian cash bro that's like 80 bucks down here.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 12:49:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whoops sorry !
That was for a 2.5 inch lift kit.

Levelling kit $745.56, from our accessory catalogue :

Front Leveling Kit, Forged Torsion

"Customize your truck with a front leveling kit. The kit keeps the stock suspension "feel" while maintaining oem ride quality. Allows for up to a 33" tire to be installed on the proper offset rims.
Kit includes shock extension brackets and a wheel alignment. "

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:39:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

my guess is the weight causes the ass end to sag with a heavy load. which levels the back to the front. but if you're already level, your ass end is now sagging. and as an added bonus, if your load is loose packed mulch or gravel or something like that, you now have gravity working against you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you ever plan on hauling anything heavy in the back, you may realize why some folks think leveling kits are pretty dumb.

Why ?

Also nice rig , very sharp.

my guess is the weight causes the ass end to sag with a heavy load. which levels the back to the front. but if you're already level, your ass end is now sagging. and as an added bonus, if your load is loose packed mulch or gravel or something like that, you now have gravity working against you.

Plus w/ the rear end now lower than the front, your lights are no longer pointing at the ground and are now pointing in the eyes of oncoming divers.  Of course, you adjust them, but whenever you drop in a load, the lights are again pointing up.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:48:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Its almost like we are twins

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:54:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Nice truck! but I think my Honda Accord has more ground clearance!!!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 1:57:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
2015, GMC serria 2500 hd 4x4, tow package, 6.6 Duramax.

Going for a leveling kit for it first, needs a 2.5 inch on the front for level. Then I'm not sure where I'm going for there.

View Quote

No no no no no!!!!!  

I'm one of the suspension engineers on that truck.  DO NOT put a leveling kit on it.  I can list a thousand reasons why its a bad idea.  It's designed to run right where it is.

Seriously, the forward rake is there for aerodynamics and to make sure that, even when loaded to GVW, your bed line will never have a negative rake.  Nobody wants their truck to look like it is dragging its tail.

With that said...  Nice truck!  Enjoy it!  
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:10:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

No no no no no!!!!!  

I'm one of the suspension engineers on that truck.  DO NOT put a leveling kit on it.  I can list a thousand reasons why its a bad idea.  It's designed to run right where it is.

Seriously, the forward rake is there for aerodynamics and to make sure that, even when loaded to GVW, your bed line will never have a negative rake.  Nobody wants their truck to look like it is dragging its tail.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
2015, GMC serria 2500 hd 4x4, tow package, 6.6 Duramax.

Going for a leveling kit for it first, needs a 2.5 inch on the front for level. Then I'm not sure where I'm going for there.

No no no no no!!!!!  

Thank you for the much better ride quality... now if you could get them to beef up the tie rods I would appreciate it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:16:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Whoops sorry !

"Customize your truck with a front leveling kit. The kit keeps the stock suspension "feel" while maintaining oem ride quality. Allows for up to a 33" tire to be installed on the proper offset rims.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whoops sorry !

I figured something was off on that. All the GM dealers down here use the one I have linked to. It "may" be worth telling management about. They are easy to install, quick front end alignment and your done.  The spacer goes inbetween the lower shock mount and the A frame. Does not change ride quality.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:19:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I figured something was off on that. All the GM dealers down here use the one I have linked to. It "may" be worth telling management about. They are easy to install, quick front end alignment and your done.  The spacer goes inbetween the lower shock mount and the A frame. Does not change ride quality.
View Quote

Don't believe you on ride quality.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:23:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 2:25:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 4:12:05 PM EDT
[#37]
How about an extended warranty?

Linky
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:59:38 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

How about an extended warranty?

Linky
View Quote

This quote alone in the Ford Escape pretty much shows what BS that article is.

"a transmission that sticks when trying to shift gears"

For 2014 JD Power most reliable full size truck segment top three:

Large light-duty pickup

• GMC Sierra LD

• Chevrolet Silverado LD

• Ram 1500 LD

Large heavy-duty pickup

• Chevrolet Silverado HD

• GMC Sierra HD

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:23:52 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

the spring is not changed, therefor the ride quality does not change. How/why is that hard to believe?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:39:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

the spring is not changed, therefor the ride quality does not change. How/why is that hard to believe?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Springs aren't the only thing that effect ride quality - geometry is also part of the equation.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:59:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The whole geometry of the front end is changed. I've had leveled trucks, driven others leveled trucks.They all ride like shit compared to stock.
I'm keeping my current one stock height.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:04:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The whole geometry of the front end is changed. I've had leveled trucks, driven others leveled trucks.They all ride like shit compared to stock.
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j26/louisianarebel14/IMAG0691_zps56fd7fa9.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read the customer reviews, they all can't be telling lies.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:06:34 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What size tires and any rubbing ?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:08:29 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

My f250 is stock height. Still can fit 35in duratracs with 0 rub.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:08:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Read the customer reviews, they all can't be telling lies.
View Quote

Most people aren't truck people.. or get it a week after they get the truck, like one of my friends. Swore up and down that it didn't change the ride... with no other experiences to back it up.

The guy who helped design it just said not to do it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:10:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

295-60-20 trail grapplers.
Back of the fender rubbed. I zip tied it back. Pretty much it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:12:37 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

That's a def tank, tanks epa.   It's coming off the moment I get the four or $5,000 it costs for a delete kit. I can get the dealership to do it for me and my truck still covered by warranty.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

#1 thing to do is tint the front windows IMO, then leveling.

On the passenger side, what the heck is that under the truck?  Thats a huge chunk of something that will cause high centering easily on unlevel terrain.

I'd get better tires

That's a def tank, tanks epa.   It's coming off the moment I get the four or $5,000 it costs for a delete kit. I can get the dealership to do it for me and my truck still covered by warranty.
5K will buy a lot of juice.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:29:54 PM EDT
[#48]
I wont suggest anything other than better tires and window tint and say I am mad jealous.  

Love GMCs
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:43:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Another thing I thought of, the level kit I linked to is for 1/2 ton. 3/4 ton trucks use torsion bars and when the key is replaced you have to twist the torsion bar more to get the additional lift this changes the spring rate. With the spacer on the 1/2 ton is does not change the spring rate.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:45:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Another thing I thought of, the level kit I linked to is for 1/2 ton. 3/4 ton trucks use torsion bars and when the key is replaced you have to twist the torsion bar more to get the additional lift this changes the spring rate. With the spacer on the 1/2 ton is does not change the spring rate.
View Quote

Ah. The new half tons use springs.. No experience with those. Only torsion bar 1/2 tons and 3/4 tons.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top