Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/4/2009 8:09:08 PM EDT
Just flew back from Vegas. I'm very tired, but here are a few pictures.
It was neat to see people like John and Ashley Force, Mario Andretti, Chip Foose, Steve Saleen, Carrol Shelby etc in person. I didn't feel like standing in line for an hour to get their autograph though.
My favorite product was the company developing fancy honeycomb-like wheels for Humvees. I think those might save some lives if they will allow guys caught in an ambush to push through the kill zone.
As for performance cars, the carbon fiber Lotus Elise was...very enticing. 140lbs lighter than stock, they said.
If I see another 2010 Camaro or 2010 Mustang in the next few days, I'm going to vomit.
Outside - well, about 30% of outside.

Inside the main hall. It just goes on forever.

Bee-yoo-tee-ful.

I knew it was going to be good when I walked in the door and saw this.

New wheels for up-armored Humvees? From talking to one of the reps, impressive results so far.

Will this be the official vehicle of Arfcom?

Or maybe this:

Or...

No, this is better...

Umm...

This Mustang was one of the better "make the new car look like the old car" examples, but the roof line still looks wrong.

Yes, that's a 427 SOHC.

It's a Corvette.

Out of the way, you skanky ho, you're blocking my view of the Ferrari.

Lots of these at the show. Behind the Mustang, Camaro, and Challenger, there was no shortage of Gojira sightings.

Get both?

Or...get both?

Eeew, a Hyundai sports car, eew.

Oh, that's not so bad.

It's not a Jeep if it's not leaking.

Not much needs to be said here.

I totally missed the yellow wheels until I looked at the picture.

This was more of a vibrant orange pearl, couldn't get it on camera.

Only Viper I saw at the show.

Do want

This was totally unintentional

Lexus LFA

Almost as many Camaros with LS9s as 2010 Corvettes, at least in the main hall. This was in the wheel/tire hall.

Wheel and tire hall

My ride home.

Sunset over the Colorado.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:14:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice pics, needs more trucks and sluts though   Gotta love the ol Cessna,  I practically grew up in one of those.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:25:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I love that red new/old Shelby, but I wonder how many will click on this thread and not know what vapor lock means?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:25:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Sexy Skyline.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:25:44 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll be in my bunk
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:28:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I went last year and it is a great show.  Too much to take in in one trip really.  Last year the Challenger and the GTR were the over done cars of the show.  I figured the Camaro would be it this year.  Any company with a set of 20's and an air ride suspension for sale was using the Challenger as a demo last year so I bet they used Camaros this year.  Did you see the Pagani Zonda at the Pirelli booth?  I bet it was awsome.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:31:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I went last year and it is a great show.  Too much to take in in one trip really.  Last year the Challenger and the GTR were the over done cars of the show.  I figured the Camaro would be it this year.  Any company with a set of 20's and an air ride suspension for sale was using the Challenger as a demo last year so I bet they used Camaros this year.  Did you see the Pagani Zonda at the Pirelli booth?  I bet it was awsome.

Yes, I could have stayed for all 4 days and not seen everything. I did see the Zonda, awesome car, didn't take any pictures though (I didn't have my camera on the first day).
Quoted:

I love that red new/old Shelby, but I wonder how many will click on this thread and not know what vapor lock means?

The only car that has ever vapor locked on me was a turbo Bentley sedan. I kid you not. Nothing like pushing a 5000lb+ car.

Quoted:

Nice pics, needs more trucks and sluts though
  Gotta love the ol Cessna,  I practically grew up in one of those.

Most of the girls were 50 footers if you know what I mean.

Some were very attractive. Some of the most attractive ones were actually SMEs - such as one woman at the GM display that really knew the Camaro inside and out.

The Forza Motorsport 3 models were a little too chubby and wearing clothes that were a little too tight. I don't mean chubby by model standards, I mean chubby by anyone's standards.

I tried to not look at the Hankook girls, since they were basically naked.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:43:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Lexus LFA looks like its going to be interesting...Magazines say Lexus might charge 400K for it though.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:48:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Was there anything from Nobel?

Thanks for posting.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:59:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, I could have stayed for all 4 days and not seen everything. I did see the Zonda, awesome car, didn't take any pictures though (I didn't have my camera on the first day).
Quoted:

The only car that has ever vapor locked on me was a turbo Bentley sedan. I kid you not. Nothing like pushing a 5000lb+ car.
Quoted:

Nice pics, needs more trucks and sluts though

Gotta love the ol Cessna,  I practically grew up in one of those.

Most of the girls were 50 footers if you know what I mean.

Some were very attractive. Some of the most attractive ones were actually SMEs - such as one woman at the GM display that really knew the Camaro inside and out.

The Forza Motorsport 3 models were a little too chubby and wearing clothes that were a little too tight. I don't mean chubby by model standards, I mean chubby by anyone's standards.

I tried to not look at the Hankook girls, since they were basically naked.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:03:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Did you get any pics of that abomination of a ZR2 rebuild GM is throwing around? I heard it as a 550 HP supercharged V8 in it, but I was curious if it had anything suspension-wise to compete with the Ford SVT Raptor.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:10:33 PM EDT
[#11]
You aint' kidding about the new Camaros. They are all over the place, like damn flys
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:21:10 PM EDT
[#12]
no pics of super hot Asian babes?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:31:18 PM EDT
[#13]

wow, a XJ220!! fricken awesome pics
need some of the Hankook girls

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:36:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Skyline and the little yellow Fiat(?) please...............................
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:38:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Is that a '10 style Trans Am behind the Vette?  If so MAJOR fail for not getting/posting a pic of that!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:48:17 PM EDT
[#16]
I remember doing that trade show worked for a few big manufacturers awhile ago. The after parties were the best.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:58:28 PM EDT
[#17]
THIS is why I quit going to car shows 30+ years ago - makes me sad.  I am so inadequate.  
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 1:50:02 AM EDT
[#18]

Not a vette, uses vette motor and porsche transaxle mounted in mid-engine configuration, and vette suspension.  I helped a guy I know do the engine wiring on the one he built.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 2:55:26 AM EDT
[#19]
This thread is easy to fap to

Thanks for the pics
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:48:21 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Is that a '10 style Trans Am behind the Vette?  If so MAJOR fail for not getting/posting a pic of that!!!!!!!!

I got pictures of that one and a black one, will post them later. I took 550+ pictures, not going to post them all...
Quoted:

Did you get any pics of that abomination of a ZR2 rebuild GM is
throwing around? I heard it as a 550 HP supercharged V8 in it, but I
was curious if it had anything suspension-wise to compete with the Ford
SVT Raptor.

Ah,
no, sorry. I saw it, but didn't get any pics - too many people standing
around it. It was definitely lifted - higher than the Raptor - and it
had an engine that was labeled "LSA".
Quoted:

http://www.545ar.com/semafactoryfive.jpg
Not
a vette, uses vette motor and porsche transaxle mounted in mid-engine
configuration, and vette suspension. I helped a guy I know do the
engine wiring on the one he built.

Well, my point was that it uses a Corvette donor car.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:50:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Need more 4x4 pics, but it looks pretty cool.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 6:54:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Nice pics man, I'm definitely going to SEMA one of these days.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 7:01:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Is that Henderson the 182 is parked at?
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 7:05:55 AM EDT
[#24]

Any information about the paint job / finish on this car?  Kind of has a flat or mat look to it.  Interesting.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 7:10:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 7:14:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I don't get the matte black paint thing. On a beater truck, I could understand it. On a car someone pays $XX,XXX.XX on, I don't get it.

If I could pick any color ever on a new or old vehicle it would be matte black. Why I dont know I just like the sleek non bling look.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 7:29:49 AM EDT
[#27]
i hope the end version on those humvee wheels has an outer shell or they won't be practical for over 5mph driving.  your tire/wheel balance would be FUBAR unless your driving on paved roads.  those waffle holes would get caked with debris like snow, mud, clay, etc and the damn wheels would probably fall off or @ least vibrate the hell out of the suspension components.  
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 7:44:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Nice Cessna...
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 8:30:59 AM EDT
[#29]
4x4 pics...

There were lots of potential BOVs there. The Turtle, based on an F-550, was certainly the most luxurious, but didn't seem to sacrifice performance.

My favorite 4x4 was this Cherokee. I want those doors on mine.

I saw the Extenze couple driving this one:

100% gay, IMHO. I don't care if it'll get you there, if it gets your ass kicked when you get there, it's no good.

Wheels on the dually:

Cool BOV-type vehicles.

Clean...

More 4 door Rubicons than you could shake a stick at. I don't know what "TOVO TIRES" is though.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 8:46:29 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Is that Henderson the 182 is parked at?

Quoted:

Nice Cessna...

Thanks, and yes, it's Henderson.

Goodbye Vegas...

Hello Arizona...

It was a beautiful flight, especially flying over Phoenix at night (sorry, no pictures...)

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 8:50:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
4x4 pics...

There were lots of potential BOVs there. The Turtle, based on an F-550, was certainly the most luxurious, but didn't seem to sacrifice performance.

Anyone know what tires those are?
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 8:52:56 AM EDT
[#32]
I like that mid-engine Hyundai and the black Lexus.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:04:17 AM EDT
[#33]
I would have stayed in line to get Foose's signature. That guy is amazing.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:11:10 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I would have stayed in line to get Foose's signature. That guy is amazing.

Thing is, I spent 2 days there and saw maybe 60% of what was at the show. I only talked in depth with maybe 5 or 6 vendors. I didn't feel that I had the time to wait in line for an autograph. Especially that line - it was insanely long.

Quoted:

Was there anything from Nobel?

Thanks for posting.

Probably, but I didn't see them. Just too much to look at.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:12:50 AM EDT
[#35]
427 SOHC *Drool*

Anything super interesting coming out next year for us Muscle car guys?

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:20:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Nice pics, needs more trucks and sluts though   Gotta love the ol Cessna,  I practically grew up in one of those.

What he said....great pics, thanks for sharing.  

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:23:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Cool pics 87GN.

Quoted:

My favorite product was the company developing fancy honeycomb-like wheels for Humvees. I think those might save some lives if they will allow guys caught in an ambush to push through the kill zone.

New wheels for up-armored Humvees? From talking to one of the reps, impressive results so far.

http://www.545ar.com/semahumveehoneycomb.jpg

Not an up-armored HMMWV though.     Those are the 1st gen armored doors, X doors, don't offer too much protection.   No bottom (rocker panel) protection at all.   Old ambulance roof.   Probably an older HMMWV.  

Quoted:
i hope the end version on those humvee wheels has an outer shell or they won't be practical for over 5mph driving.  your tire/wheel balance would be FUBAR unless your driving on paved roads.  those waffle holes would get caked with debris like snow, mud, clay, etc and the damn wheels would probably fall off or @ least vibrate the hell out of the suspension components.  

Exactly.  I'd like to see how those hold up once they get muddy.  Are they set to flex for an equivalent psi?    As in, it gives just as much as if it were at X psi?   Would that be adjustable?    Might not be practical for those that offroad for a hobby.   You'll air down quite a bit to traverse obstacles, but want higher psi for driving on paved roads, would these new wheels be able to do this somehow?

Quoted:
4x4 pics...
More 4 door Rubicons than you could shake a stick at. I don't know what "TOVO TIRES" is though.
http://www.545ar.com/semarampage.jpg

Toyo Tires.  
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:24:21 AM EDT
[#38]
Awesome pics.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:24:55 AM EDT
[#39]

So what is it, who makes it etc?

Also, have any more pictures, it looks pretty neat.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:33:20 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Cool pics 87GN.
Quoted:

Not an up-armored HMMWV though.  

Those are the 1st gen armored doors, X doors, don't offer too much protection.   No bottom (rocker panel) protection at all.   Old ambulance roof.   Probably an older HMMWV.  
Quoted:

Exactly.  I'd like to see how those hold up once they get muddy.  Are they set to flex for an equivalent psi?    As in, it gives just as much as if it were at X psi?   Would that be adjustable?    Might not be practical for those that offroad for a hobby.   You'll air down quite a bit to traverse obstacles, but want higher psi for driving on paved roads, would these new wheels be able to do this somehow?
Quoted:

4x4 pics...

Toyo Tires.  

I've spent more time in M1114s than I have on Arfcom, I know what they are - I was talking about their intended purpose. Not many M1114s used in true off road situations, either - until MRAPs are the norm, this product could make a big difference IMO. But what do I know, I've only trained to change tires on an M1114 with the efficiency, if not the speed, of a NASCAR pit crew member - and had to use that training when the SHTF...
Also, try looking at the Jeep picture closely and get back to me... I was being sarcastic.
Thanks for playing.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:39:29 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Cool pics 87GN.

Quoted:

Not an up-armored HMMWV though.     Those are the 1st gen armored doors, X doors, don't offer too much protection.   No bottom (rocker panel) protection at all.   Old ambulance roof.   Probably an older HMMWV.  

Quoted:

Quoted:
4x4 pics...

Toyo Tires.  

I've spent more time in M1114s than I have on Arfcom, I know what they are - I was talking about their intended purpose.

Also, try looking at the Jeep picture closely and get back to me...

Thanks for playing.

Dude, they are TOYO tires.   Toyo Open Country.  Don't believe me, click on this link:
http://toyotires.com/tire/pattern/open-country-mt

Thank YOU for playing.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:41:19 AM EDT
[#42]
tag
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:49:02 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

http://www.545ar.com/semalfa.jpg

Any information about the paint job / finish on this car?  Kind of has a flat or mat look to it.  Interesting.

A lot of vehicles done like this aren't painted yet they do it in a "wrap".  Cheaper and can be changed very easily.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:50:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Was it sponsored by the Carbon Fiber Producers of America?

Geez.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:53:28 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Dude, they are TOYO tires.   Toyo Open Country.  Don't believe me, click on this link:

Thank YOU for playing.

Go away retard.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:55:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
4x4 pics...

http://www.545ar.com/sematurtle.jpg

Anyone know what tires those are?

Michelein XML's.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:55:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Cool pics 87GN.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
4x4 pics...

Toyo Tires.  

I've spent more time in M1114s than I have on Arfcom, I know what they are - I was talking about their intended purpose.

Also, try looking at the Jeep picture closely and get back to me...

Thanks for playing.

Thank YOU for playing.

Looks like you missed it.

No problem, the pictures are still there, you can take another look, then re-read this post.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 9:58:21 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

http://www.545ar.com/semalfa.jpg

it's the new $300+ Lexus LFA V-10
but for that much money, give me a Ferrari or Lambo.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 10:00:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank YOU for playing.

Go away retard.

http://www.545ar.com/tovo.jpg

I'm here to stay.  

Why don't you zoom in on the tires in the same pic you posted?   Zoom in on the part that says TOYO and OPEN COUNTRY.  It's quite clear on the front passenger tire.

OWNED by a retard.    
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 10:01:25 AM EDT
[#50]
No Porsche?

FAIL!!

And the tweels on the hummer could be pretty cool.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top