Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
Previous Page
/ 6
Next Page
5/3/2016 1:47:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I own page 4
5/3/2016 1:58:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Quote History
Quoted:





I'm betting he has prior service with the UK military but 'elite' couldn't be used as a descriptive word.



That was a lot of randomly shooting in a direction, there was nothing surgical about that shooting and he seemed to be unaware of height over bore and he was definitely unaware of correct distance behind cover as he was hugging that wall.

 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:



Quoted:


Quoted:



Where is the brit and why is he fighting isis?



  Volunteers that joined the Peshmerga. They are not members of the UK military.



I'm betting he has prior service with the UK military but 'elite' couldn't be used as a descriptive word.



That was a lot of randomly shooting in a direction, there was nothing surgical about that shooting and he seemed to be unaware of height over bore and he was definitely unaware of correct distance behind cover as he was hugging that wall.

 




 
Correct distance behind cover? What's the theory there?
5/3/2016 2:07:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Quote History
Quoted:

  Correct distance behind cover? What's the theory there?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where is the brit and why is he fighting isis?

  Volunteers that joined the Peshmerga. They are not members of the UK military.

I'm betting he has prior service with the UK military but 'elite' couldn't be used as a descriptive word.

That was a lot of randomly shooting in a direction, there was nothing surgical about that shooting and he seemed to be unaware of height over bore and he was definitely unaware of correct distance behind cover as he was hugging that wall.
 

  Correct distance behind cover? What's the theory there?


Don't crowd your cover.. The closer you are to cover, generally, the more of yourself you have to expose to get a shot off. Distance generally gives you more movement options. Standing back a bit from cover such as the corner of a wall makes the angle to your attacker shallower - which may improve the shot you have on him.

5/3/2016 2:11:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Quote History
Quoted:

Don't crowd your cover.. The closer you are to cover, generally, the more of yourself you have to expose to get a shot off. Distance generally gives you more movement options. Standing back a bit from cover such as the corner of a wall makes the angle to your attacker shallower - which may improve the shot you have on him.

View Quote


Also if your cover gets shot, the spalling is more dangerous the closer you are.

Feel free to correct me.
5/3/2016 2:15:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quote History
Quoted:


Also if your cover gets shot, the spalling is more dangerous the closer you are.

Feel free to correct me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't crowd your cover.. The closer you are to cover, generally, the more of yourself you have to expose to get a shot off. Distance generally gives you more movement options. Standing back a bit from cover such as the corner of a wall makes the angle to your attacker shallower - which may improve the shot you have on him.



Also if your cover gets shot, the spalling is more dangerous the closer you are.

Feel free to correct me.


Absolutely correct.. You can also get a face full of brick, rock, etc...
5/3/2016 2:36:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quote History
Quoted:


Truer than anything.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it does!!  That's why we all practiced malfunction drills till we are blue in the face.

My platoon went to help out another pinned down platoon in Fallujah. When we got there the insurgents scattered and we found US soldiers dead laying by their M4's completely field stripped to fix so they could fix their malfunctions.

So the soldiers were so focused on their malfunctions they forgot that they were in a fire fight. Tunnel vision is a bitch.


That sounds like a true story.


Truer than anything.



Wow.
5/3/2016 2:43:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quote History
Quoted:



Indeed.

A member here had a cleaning rod tied into his AR. haven't seen it for a bit but a good idea.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
it has a fucking cleaning rod for a reason.



Indeed.

A member here had a cleaning rod tied into his AR. haven't seen it for a bit but a good idea.


Iwouldn'tknow.
5/3/2016 2:45:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quote History
Quoted:


Iwouldn'tknow.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
it has a fucking cleaning rod for a reason.



Indeed.

A member here had a cleaning rod tied into his AR. haven't seen it for a bit but a good idea.


Iwouldn'tknow.


When I change out the handguard on my AR, I intend on doing it as well. I picked that idea up from Defoor.
5/3/2016 2:52:53 AM EDT
[#9]
I feel like this thread got cross threaded with an airsoft forum
5/3/2016 2:58:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Is it just me or is it refreshing to see a AK being shot in semi
5/3/2016 3:18:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quote History
Quoted:


Also if your cover gets shot, the spalling is more dangerous the closer you are.

Feel free to correct me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't crowd your cover.. The closer you are to cover, generally, the more of yourself you have to expose to get a shot off. Distance generally gives you more movement options. Standing back a bit from cover such as the corner of a wall makes the angle to your attacker shallower - which may improve the shot you have on him.



Also if your cover gets shot, the spalling is more dangerous the closer you are.

Feel free to correct me.

And if you happen to take flanking fire along the wall (instead of the front), ricochets tend to follow the line of the wall - so a miss could turn into a hit if you're too close to cover.
5/3/2016 3:19:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Just for shits and giggles.

5/3/2016 3:23:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quote History
Quoted:
Just for shits and giggles.

http://s32.postimg.org/5fvw3o2ad/mk12cleaningrod.jpg
View Quote

Your optics have fantastic clarity.
5/3/2016 3:24:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Quote History
Quoted:

Your optics have fantastic clarity.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just for shits and giggles.

http://s32.postimg.org/5fvw3o2ad/mk12cleaningrod.jpg

Your optics have fantastic clarity.


Perfect color resolution, too.
5/3/2016 3:28:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Bad ammo. The primer exploded but doesn't ignite the main charge in the cartridge. The projectile stuck in the barrel. Cleaning rod cant help - too short. Used to happen to me few times.
5/3/2016 3:41:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quote History
Quoted:


Perfect color resolution, too.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just for shits and giggles.

http://s32.postimg.org/5fvw3o2ad/mk12cleaningrod.jpg

Your optics have fantastic clarity.


Perfect color resolution, too.

Kudos, you have at long last found the one true 1X optic.
5/3/2016 5:37:06 AM EDT
[#17]

Quote History
Quoted:
Truer than anything.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:



Quoted:


Quoted:



Yes it does!!  That's why we all practiced malfunction drills till we are blue in the face.



My platoon went to help out another pinned down platoon in Fallujah. When we got there the insurgents scattered and we found US soldiers dead laying by their M4's completely field stripped to fix so they could fix their malfunctions.



So the soldiers were so focused on their malfunctions they forgot that they were in a fire fight. Tunnel vision is a bitch.




That sounds like a true story.




Truer than anything.
totally legit. when my father was in the Nam...



 
5/3/2016 6:12:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quote History
Quoted:
Sort of like the 1st rule of gun safety, first rule of gun fights: all guns always jam.  Be ready (cleaning rod, shell extractor, spare complete bolt)
View Quote


I'll get right on that.
5/3/2016 7:59:12 AM EDT
[#19]
trashcan gun gonna trashcan.
5/3/2016 8:04:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quote History
Quoted:


That's not a 10" AR.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
That looked like a catastrophic ammo failure more than one of the gun.  

Before you go upstairs to hug your 10" AR:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=95d_1323928078&comments=1



That's not a 10" AR.


I know that, but it's most definitely the direct impingement fanboy choice of the century.  With a brake on it.  Gotta have that muzzle brake.
5/3/2016 8:09:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Quote History
Quoted:


Lol.

Once you drop it in its fully inside. You cannot jam into earth.

You can sometimes rocket it down fast enough to knock a case out, but our Afghans normally used the buddy system and two rods.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
invert rifle... insert cleaning rod...rapidly drop rifle so cleaning rod contacts earth.... shove cleaning rod into barrel using earth....clear obstruction. adapt. improvise. overcome.


Or stop using shitty rifles.


Lol.

Once you drop it in its fully inside. You cannot jam into earth.

You can sometimes rocket it down fast enough to knock a case out, but our Afghans normally used the buddy system and two rods.


2 rods, one bore?
5/3/2016 8:18:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Quote History
Quoted:
Why isn't he shoving Peeps in his mouth?
View Quote


I swear to God, as I was watching that video I heard Tweeter telling him to get the Peeps in his mouth.
5/3/2016 8:26:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Quote History
Quoted:


I know that, but it's most definitely the direct impingement fanboy choice of the century.  With a brake on it.  Gotta have that muzzle brake.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That looked like a catastrophic ammo failure more than one of the gun.  

Before you go upstairs to hug your 10" AR:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=95d_1323928078&comments=1



That's not a 10" AR.


I know that, but it's most definitely the direct impingement fanboy choice of the century.  With a brake on it.  Gotta have that muzzle brake.

I dont think you did.
5/3/2016 8:31:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Quote History
Quoted:


Truer than anything.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it does!!  That's why we all practiced malfunction drills till we are blue in the face.

My platoon went to help out another pinned down platoon in Fallujah. When we got there the insurgents scattered and we found US soldiers dead laying by their M4's completely field stripped to fix so they could fix their malfunctions.

So the soldiers were so focused on their malfunctions they forgot that they were in a fire fight. Tunnel vision is a bitch.


That sounds like a true story.


Truer than anything.


If they had AKs they would have been able to pick up the Americans' ammo too and fire it, but the M16 doesn't work like that don'cha know.
5/3/2016 8:32:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Quote History
Quoted:


The cleaning rod is actually too short to clear a stuck case by itself.

AKs!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
it has a fucking cleaning rod for a reason.


The cleaning rod is actually too short to clear a stuck case by itself.

AKs!


Looks like he threw the rod down the barrel with enough juice to clear the casing.
5/3/2016 8:36:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quote History
Quoted:
One of the disadvantages to the underfolder is the lack of a cleaning kit in the butt stock. The extensions in it would be enough on the end of the rod to clear it. Yeah, I know we're talking about the video of someone in a firefight  and you're probably not going to do that, but it does help.
View Quote


The single biggest disadvantage to an underfolder is that they absolutely suck to shoot.
5/3/2016 8:42:06 AM EDT
[#27]
Lol, only jams I saw were AKs, and pogues shooting on a range, Downrange with guns so filthy the receiver pins had thick  rusting on them.

In fact I used my frags on a pair of stinkies on the other side of an orchard wall because we could hear their jawa chatter and them cycling a rifle action.

They were trying to clear a malfunctioning AK.
5/3/2016 8:42:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Anyone notice the NCstar red dot?  
5/3/2016 8:45:53 AM EDT
[#29]



Quote History
And if you happen to take flanking fire along the wall (instead of the front), ricochets tend to follow the line of the wall - so a miss could turn into a hit if you're too close to cover.
View Quote
This is one of the reasons we teach 2-3 steps off cover and we have video/pictures of the rounds bouncing into targets after shooting walls/cars etc. 2-3 steps away the angle of deflection will push the round safely away from you, any closer and you'll get hit.



We also use that to our advantage when shooting at people close to cover as we can bounce rounds into them.



The other reason is as mentioned, the greater movement ability,  and the greater angle of viewing when talking corners etc.
 
5/3/2016 8:48:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quote History
Quoted:



I met a woman last week, and we were talking about Normandy. Her father was part of the second landing. at some point he and his group were pinned down - he stood up and waved his hands yelling time out. The germans hesitated, all confused,  and his team got away. Hey got a bronze star for it. (at least according to her)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm guessing that raising one's hand and yelling, "TIME!" wouldn't do much good in such a situation?



I met a woman last week, and we were talking about Normandy. Her father was part of the second landing. at some point he and his group were pinned down - he stood up and waved his hands yelling time out. The germans hesitated, all confused,  and his team got away. Hey got a bronze star for it. (at least according to her)



Doubt factor is high.  
If anything, a man standing up and waving his arms might be seen as a squad leader and good target.
5/3/2016 8:53:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Quote History
Quoted:

"DON'T YOU EVER BEND DOWN AND PICK UP A MAGAZINE! IN FALLUJAH, THE MARINES BENT DOWN TO PICK UP MAGAZINES BECAUSE THEY DID IT IN TRAINING AND INSURGENTS WALKED RIGHT UP TO THEM AND SHOT THEM IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD!"

"I SEEN IT HAPPEN A HUNDRED TIMES!"
View Quote



I picked up an empty mag in Husayba, Im dead now.
5/3/2016 9:09:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Quote History
Quoted:



Wow.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it does!!  That's why we all practiced malfunction drills till we are blue in the face.

My platoon went to help out another pinned down platoon in Fallujah. When we got there the insurgents scattered and we found US soldiers dead laying by their M4's completely field stripped to fix so they could fix their malfunctions.

So the soldiers were so focused on their malfunctions they forgot that they were in a fire fight. Tunnel vision is a bitch.


That sounds like a true story.


Truer than anything.



Wow.


I think you need to take a sarcasm class
5/3/2016 9:13:16 AM EDT
[#33]

Quote History
Quoted:


Lol, only jams I saw were AKs, and pogues shooting on a range, Downrange with guns so filthy the receiver pins had thick  rusting on them.



In fact I used my frags on a pair of stinkies on the other side of an orchard wall because we could hear their jawa chatter and them cycling a rifle action.



They were trying to clear a malfunctioning AK.
View Quote




The unit of IPs we took to the range, I'd say 50% of their AKs would jam.
5/3/2016 9:17:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Is that the Gerber Bear Grylls edition?
5/3/2016 9:20:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Quote History
Quoted:
I dont think you did.
View Quote


Yeah, what do I know.  I was only issued my first one in 1986.  

Oh looky - here's some more.  These are really good.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CXu0nh-iD4

And to be fair, I did find one for AK's too, but not as many depicted:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPC-4KBX4qE

5/3/2016 9:24:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Quote History
Quoted:


The unit of IPs we took to the range, I'd say 50% of their AKs would jam.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol, only jams I saw were AKs, and pogues shooting on a range, Downrange with guns so filthy the receiver pins had thick  rusting on them.

In fact I used my frags on a pair of stinkies on the other side of an orchard wall because we could hear their jawa chatter and them cycling a rifle action.

They were trying to clear a malfunctioning AK.


The unit of IPs we took to the range, I'd say 50% of their AKs would jam.


Hmm, taking IPs to the range.

Not sure if scarier than taking a BSB to the range.

Death wish either way.
5/3/2016 9:37:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Quote History
Quoted:
Lots to be said for a rigid and/or weapon mounted cleaning rod in that video.
View Quote

no doubt.

5/3/2016 9:51:32 AM EDT
[#38]
Quote History
Quoted:


Yeah, what do I know.  I was only issued my first one in 1986.  

Oh looky - here's some more.  These are really good.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CXu0nh-iD4

And to be fair, I did find one for AK's too, but not as many depicted:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPC-4KBX4qE

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
I dont think you did.


Yeah, what do I know.  I was only issued my first one in 1986.  

Oh looky - here's some more.  These are really good.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CXu0nh-iD4

And to be fair, I did find one for AK's too, but not as many depicted:  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPC-4KBX4qE


5/3/2016 9:54:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quote History
Quoted:
Just for shits and giggles.

http://s32.postimg.org/5fvw3o2ad/mk12cleaningrod.jpg
View Quote


I may actually do this, but I'd put the handle towards the front. I would think the little
Bit of recoil would slide the rod back, so tab handle would catch. Plus if you need it its more natural, like a ramrod on a muzzleloader.
5/3/2016 9:57:10 AM EDT
[#40]

Quote History
Quoted:
Hmm, taking IPs to the range.



Not sure if scarier than taking a BSB to the range.



Death wish either way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:



Quoted:


Quoted:

Lol, only jams I saw were AKs, and pogues shooting on a range, Downrange with guns so filthy the receiver pins had thick  rusting on them.



In fact I used my frags on a pair of stinkies on the other side of an orchard wall because we could hear their jawa chatter and them cycling a rifle action.



They were trying to clear a malfunctioning AK.




The unit of IPs we took to the range, I'd say 50% of their AKs would jam.





Hmm, taking IPs to the range.



Not sure if scarier than taking a BSB to the range.



Death wish either way.




 
Now that I look back on it. It seems pretty scary. lol




There was like 50 of them and only 4 of us. We wouldn't have been able to put up any good fight if they decided to turn on us.
5/3/2016 10:02:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Quote History
Quoted:
Looks like a Chinese rifle actually.
View Quote



+1. This.  Looks almost new.  Article cited substandard arms and ammo.  LOL  WTF is substandard ammo?
5/3/2016 10:09:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Real operators use NC Star and AIM railed topcovers







5/3/2016 10:15:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Side note, it's easier to clear a jam in a trashcan gun than an AR IMO
5/3/2016 10:16:12 AM EDT
[#44]
Quote History
Quoted:

  Now that I look back on it. It seems pretty scary. lol


There was like 50 of them and only 4 of us. We wouldn't have been able to put up any good fight if they decided to turn on us.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol, only jams I saw were AKs, and pogues shooting on a range, Downrange with guns so filthy the receiver pins had thick  rusting on them.

In fact I used my frags on a pair of stinkies on the other side of an orchard wall because we could hear their jawa chatter and them cycling a rifle action.

They were trying to clear a malfunctioning AK.


The unit of IPs we took to the range, I'd say 50% of their AKs would jam.


Hmm, taking IPs to the range.

Not sure if scarier than taking a BSB to the range.

Death wish either way.

  Now that I look back on it. It seems pretty scary. lol


There was like 50 of them and only 4 of us. We wouldn't have been able to put up any good fight if they decided to turn on us.


Fortunately Iraqis are more or less lemmings so I guess it's unlikely. Plus all the broken aks
5/3/2016 10:25:47 AM EDT
[#45]
When I find myself ass deep in the shit, I just sit back and ask myself, "Self, what would Abu Hajar do?"
5/3/2016 11:22:12 AM EDT
[#46]
Quote History
Quoted:


If they had AKs they would have been able to pick up the Americans' ammo too and fire it, but the M16 doesn't work like that don'cha know.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes it does!!  That's why we all practiced malfunction drills till we are blue in the face.

My platoon went to help out another pinned down platoon in Fallujah. When we got there the insurgents scattered and we found US soldiers dead laying by their M4's completely field stripped to fix so they could fix their malfunctions.

So the soldiers were so focused on their malfunctions they forgot that they were in a fire fight. Tunnel vision is a bitch.


That sounds like a true story.


Truer than anything.


If they had AKs they would have been able to pick up the Americans' ammo too and fire it, but the M16 doesn't work like that don'cha know.


It's Mattel's fault for making such crappy guns.
5/3/2016 11:33:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Fucking AKs.

5/3/2016 12:10:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quote History
Quoted:
When I find myself ass deep in the shit, I just sit back and ask myself, "Self, what would Abu Hajar do?"
View Quote




I really hope that joke becomes an arfcom meme.
5/3/2016 2:11:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quote History
Quoted:

I remember that too, but I wouldn't know who would do something like that.
<a href="http://s400.photobucket.com/user/223556762308/media/FullSizeRender_zps2ee84ac8.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp84/223556762308/FullSizeRender_zps2ee84ac8.jpg</a>
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
it has a fucking cleaning rod for a reason.



Indeed.

A member here had a cleaning rod tied into his AR. haven't seen it for a bit but a good idea.

I remember that too, but I wouldn't know who would do something like that.
<a href="http://s400.photobucket.com/user/223556762308/media/FullSizeRender_zps2ee84ac8.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i400.photobucket.com/albums/pp84/223556762308/FullSizeRender_zps2ee84ac8.jpg</a>


What you did there...
5/3/2016 2:16:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quote History
Quoted:
Lol, only jams I saw were AKs, and pogues shooting on a range, Downrange with guns so filthy the receiver pins had thick  rusting on them.

In fact I used my frags on a pair of stinkies on the other side of an orchard wall because we could hear their jawa chatter and them cycling a rifle action.

They were trying to clear a malfunctioning AK.
View Quote


Please tell me you had written 'surprise cockfag' on those frags.  Even if you didn't, just tell me you did!

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 6
Next Page