Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
Previous Page
/ 6
Next Page
5/3/2016 2:26:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quote History
Quoted:



there's no training at all. No ammo to spare

they mostly sit around and smoke esse cigarettes
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder what color the boat house where he trained is...

the guy seemed a proper wanker...



there's no training at all. No ammo to spare

they mostly sit around and smoke esse cigarettes


I believe they receive on the job training.
5/3/2016 2:31:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Quote History
Quoted:
When I find myself ass deep in the shit, I just sit back and ask myself, "Self, what would Abu Hajar do?"
View Quote


You already know.  Lie prone and then roll your way back to camp.
5/3/2016 2:33:02 PM EDT
[#3]

comment 1 - it is safe to say he was out of the fight
comment 2 this is a testament to the power of that fucking Afghani dirt
5/3/2016 2:51:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quote History
Quoted:
When I find myself ass deep in the shit, I just sit back and ask myself, "Self, what would Abu Hajar do?"
View Quote


Ditch the AK and fire off an RPG in close quarters.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
5/3/2016 3:01:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quote History
Quoted:
Clearing a weapon malfunction under direct fire has got to suck a King Kong sized dick..!
View Quote


Moose cock
5/3/2016 3:04:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quote History
Quoted:


You already know.  Lie prone and then roll your way back to camp.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
When I find myself ass deep in the shit, I just sit back and ask myself, "Self, what would Abu Hajar do?"


You already know.  Lie prone and then roll your way back to camp.


hahahaha the tactical roll, holy shit that was great stuff.
5/3/2016 3:05:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quote History
Quoted:
Cmon guys the trashcan jokes are getting old!

If that wasn't an American assembled AK it wouldn't jam.

You can pick up any AK and it will just run.

.....................................

Add your own!
View Quote

Most reliable assault rifle in the world.
5/3/2016 3:07:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quote History
Quoted:


Lol.

Once you drop it in its fully inside. You cannot jam into earth.

You can sometimes rocket it down fast enough to knock a case out, but our Afghans normally used the buddy system and two rods.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
invert rifle... insert cleaning rod...rapidly drop rifle so cleaning rod contacts earth.... shove cleaning rod into barrel using earth....clear obstruction. adapt. improvise. overcome.


Or stop using shitty rifles.


Lol.

Once you drop it in its fully inside. You cannot jam into earth.

You can sometimes rocket it down fast enough to knock a case out, but our Afghans normally used the buddy system and two rods.

"Cover me while I monkey-hump my AK!

I need another man!"
5/3/2016 3:08:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quote History
Quoted:
I wonder what the jam was from?   or what he could have done to prevent it?

Thankfully he wasn't in closer combat or that would have been bad.
View Quote

Malfunction was from using AK with Eastern Ammo.

How to prevent it?  Use imperialist Western Rifle with Western ammo.
5/3/2016 3:09:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quote History
Quoted:

Most reliable assault rifle in the world.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Cmon guys the trashcan jokes are getting old!

If that wasn't an American assembled AK it wouldn't jam.

You can pick up any AK and it will just run.

.....................................

Add your own!

Most reliable assault rifle in the world.


The comments are even better. Funker gets lots of herp derp followers.
5/3/2016 3:10:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quote History
Quoted:
Unpossible.  AK's don't jam.  You can fill them up with mud and rocks and they still fire.  GI's in Vietnam threw their M16's made by Mattel away and picked up VC AK's because they are so reliable.  They shot 5.56 ammo through them because they are designed to shoot 7.62 x 39 and 5.56.  AK's are the best gun ever!
View Quote

I can tell you have learned all valuable lessons most glorious of combat NCOs knowing knowledge best.

May great battles await you AK in hands power.
5/3/2016 3:12:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quote History
Quoted:
The ghetto rails attached and the cheap chinese optics that are impossible to zero let alone hold it's zero is a nice touch
View Quote


I just don't get it. . . .

Why would an English speaking individual be over there with that shit dust cover rail and a 50$ optic

Your life is worth more than that!!!

Seriously I'd rather take the Romanian 10/63 I converted to a double stack mag with a dremel in my pops garage than that abomination.
5/3/2016 3:14:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quote History
Quoted:

I just don't get it. . . .

Why would an English speaking individual be over there with that shit dust cover rail and a 50$ optic
View Quote


Can someone explain this?
5/3/2016 3:21:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quote History
Quoted:
Can someone explain this?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:



Quoted:



I just don't get it. . . .



Why would an English speaking individual be over there with that shit dust cover rail and a 50$ optic




Can someone explain this?
Former Co-Worker of mine when to go fight with the peshmerga

sold off a good chunk of his gun collection to cover air fare and such



Said it was an epic cluster fuck and he came home pretty quickly

equipment is in short supply and they were trying their damnest to steal and scam his that he brought over with him



I can imagine with weapons its take what you can get



He came pretty quickly disgusted with the whole mess



 
5/3/2016 3:24:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Ah, yes. The good ol' undefeatable AK.

Fed with shitty 3rd world ammo.

Nothing could be more reliable!

Edit -

The only time I've ever seen a stuck case where you needed to punch the bore on an AR has been:

1. Cheap ammo
2. Shitty AR that wasn't built to a decent spec

5/3/2016 3:24:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quote History
Quoted:
Former Co-Worker of mine when to go fight with the peshmerga
sold off a good chunk of his gun collection to cover air fare and such

Said it was an epic cluster fuck and he came home pretty quickly
equipment is in short supply and they were trying their damnest to steal and scam his that he brought over with him

I can imagine with weapons its take what you can get

He came pretty quickly disgusted with the whole mess
 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just don't get it. . . .

Why would an English speaking individual be over there with that shit dust cover rail and a 50$ optic


Can someone explain this?
Former Co-Worker of mine when to go fight with the peshmerga
sold off a good chunk of his gun collection to cover air fare and such

Said it was an epic cluster fuck and he came home pretty quickly
equipment is in short supply and they were trying their damnest to steal and scam his that he brought over with him

I can imagine with weapons its take what you can get

He came pretty quickly disgusted with the whole mess
 

5/3/2016 3:24:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quote History
Quoted:
Former Co-Worker of mine when to go fight with the peshmerga
sold off a good chunk of his gun collection to cover air fare and such

Said it was an epic cluster fuck and he came home pretty quickly
equipment is in short supply and they were trying their damnest to steal and scam his that he brought over with him

I can imagine with weapons its take what you can get

He came pretty quickly disgusted with the whole mess
 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just don't get it. . . .

Why would an English speaking individual be over there with that shit dust cover rail and a 50$ optic


Can someone explain this?
Former Co-Worker of mine when to go fight with the peshmerga
sold off a good chunk of his gun collection to cover air fare and such

Said it was an epic cluster fuck and he came home pretty quickly
equipment is in short supply and they were trying their damnest to steal and scam his that he brought over with him

I can imagine with weapons its take what you can get

He came pretty quickly disgusted with the whole mess
 


This is what I imagine is the case here.  Its not like you can load up your tier 1 gear on the airplane from wherever you are coming from, and then get off with it in Turkey, and then get it across the border into Iraq.

Plus, being English speaking and having knowledge of quality gear is not a given.
5/3/2016 4:13:04 PM EDT
[#18]
tag
5/3/2016 4:36:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quote History
Quoted:
well substandard bimetal ammo was probably the cause. case rupture?

Where is the brit and why is he fighting isis?

Also at least with the top cover design it allows you to quickly get access to the chamber with plenty of working area to clear said jam.

If I had to go to the sandbox and depend upon the local supply chain, hopefully I could bring my own rifle. Getting my hands on a Krebs KTR-03, finnish RK95, or Vepr would be preferrable.
View Quote

You ever carry an Rk95?

They are boat anchors.  Reliable as sin, but boat anchors.

A lightweight little Colt Commando would be better.
5/3/2016 4:39:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quote History
Quoted:
That looked like a catastrophic ammo failure more than one of the gun.  

Before you go upstairs to hug your 10" AR:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=95d_1323928078&comments=1

View Quote

See him riding the charge handle forward?

How much you want to bet there is little to no lubrication in that M4?
5/3/2016 4:49:51 PM EDT
[#21]

Quote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:



Quoted:


Quoted:


Quoted:



I just don't get it. . . .



Why would an English speaking individual be over there with that shit dust cover rail and a 50$ optic




Can someone explain this?
Former Co-Worker of mine when to go fight with the peshmerga

sold off a good chunk of his gun collection to cover air fare and such



Said it was an epic cluster fuck and he came home pretty quickly

equipment is in short supply and they were trying their damnest to steal and scam his that he brought over with him



I can imagine with weapons its take what you can get



He came pretty quickly disgusted with the whole mess

 


http://memesvault.com/wp-content/uploads/Nope-Meme-04.jpg
No doubt just the possible legal ramifications both off shore and home would be nightmarish to me .



I honestly just think he was bored sitting after being deployed pretty much soild for 10 years
5/3/2016 5:08:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quote History
Quoted:
Former Co-Worker of mine when to go fight with the peshmerga
sold off a good chunk of his gun collection to cover air fare and such

Said it was an epic cluster fuck and he came home pretty quickly
equipment is in short supply and they were trying their damnest to steal and scam his that he brought over with him

I can imagine with weapons its take what you can get

He came pretty quickly disgusted with the whole mess
 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just don't get it. . . .

Why would an English speaking individual be over there with that shit dust cover rail and a 50$ optic


Can someone explain this?
Former Co-Worker of mine when to go fight with the peshmerga
sold off a good chunk of his gun collection to cover air fare and such

Said it was an epic cluster fuck and he came home pretty quickly
equipment is in short supply and they were trying their damnest to steal and scam his that he brought over with him

I can imagine with weapons its take what you can get

He came pretty quickly disgusted with the whole mess
 


My understanding (and it's very limited just an FYI) is that most of those groups treat foreign (English speaking) fighters like gold and provide them with top accommodations and weapons.

That being said, if your buddy was forced to sell off most of his gun collection just to cover air-fare then he may not be the experienced operator the Kurds are looking for.

I spend my days combing the internet for videos and this is the first time I've seen an English speaker (fighting for the good guys) who's armed like he had a 500$ budget at a Gunshow circa December 2012 ( being a little sarcastic as Chinese AK's actually fetch a premium )

Seriously those dust covers are garbage even if he had an aimpoint on there. . . he'd be 100X better off just using the irons.

WTF!!!!
5/3/2016 5:09:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quote History
Quoted:

See him riding the charge handle forward?

How much you want to bet there is little to no lubrication in that M4?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
That looked like a catastrophic ammo failure more than one of the gun.  

Before you go upstairs to hug your 10" AR:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=95d_1323928078&comments=1


See him riding the charge handle forward?

How much you want to bet there is little to no lubrication in that M4?

Why doesn't he have a helmet?
5/3/2016 5:15:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quote History
Quoted:


My understanding (and it's very limited just an FYI) is that most of those groups treat foreign (English speaking) fighters like gold and provide them with top accommodations and weapons.

That being said, if your buddy was forced to sell off most of his gun collection just to cover air-fare then he may not be the experienced operator the Kurds are looking for.

I spend my days combing the internet for videos and this is the first time I've seen an English speaker (fighting for the good guys) who's armed like he had a 500$ budget at a Gunshow circa December 2012 ( being a little sarcastic as Chinese AK's actually fetch a premium )

Seriously those dust covers are garbage even if he had an aimpoint on there. . . he'd be 100X better off just using the irons.

WTF!!!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just don't get it. . . .

Why would an English speaking individual be over there with that shit dust cover rail and a 50$ optic


Can someone explain this?
Former Co-Worker of mine when to go fight with the peshmerga
sold off a good chunk of his gun collection to cover air fare and such

Said it was an epic cluster fuck and he came home pretty quickly
equipment is in short supply and they were trying their damnest to steal and scam his that he brought over with him

I can imagine with weapons its take what you can get

He came pretty quickly disgusted with the whole mess
 


My understanding (and it's very limited just an FYI) is that most of those groups treat foreign (English speaking) fighters like gold and provide them with top accommodations and weapons.

That being said, if your buddy was forced to sell off most of his gun collection just to cover air-fare then he may not be the experienced operator the Kurds are looking for.

I spend my days combing the internet for videos and this is the first time I've seen an English speaker (fighting for the good guys) who's armed like he had a 500$ budget at a Gunshow circa December 2012 ( being a little sarcastic as Chinese AK's actually fetch a premium )

Seriously those dust covers are garbage even if he had an aimpoint on there. . . he'd be 100X better off just using the irons.

WTF!!!!


I don't know where you are looking or what you are reading, but all of your info is bad
5/3/2016 5:34:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Quote History
Quoted:
Ah, yes. The good ol' undefeatable AK.

Fed with shitty 3rd world ammo.

Nothing could be more reliable!

Edit -

The only time I've ever seen a stuck case where you needed to punch the bore on an AR has been:

1. Cheap ammo
2. Shitty AR that wasn't built to a decent spec

View Quote


It's happened to me with Colts and brass ammo.
5/3/2016 5:39:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quote History
Quoted:

See him riding the charge handle forward?

How much you want to bet there is little to no lubrication in that M4?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
That looked like a catastrophic ammo failure more than one of the gun.  

Before you go upstairs to hug your 10" AR:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=95d_1323928078&comments=1


See him riding the charge handle forward?

How much you want to bet there is little to no lubrication in that M4?


They love that video, despite all the issues the operator has with actually charging the rifle the proper way.
5/3/2016 5:45:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quote History
Quoted:


They love that video, despite all the issues the operator has with actually charging the rifle the proper way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That looked like a catastrophic ammo failure more than one of the gun.  

Before you go upstairs to hug your 10" AR:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=95d_1323928078&comments=1


See him riding the charge handle forward?

How much you want to bet there is little to no lubrication in that M4?


They love that video, despite all the issues the operator has with actually charging the rifle the proper way.


Go figure. A PV2 who set up a selfie cam during some sort of ambush didn't take the time to clean or maintain his weapon, and doesn't really look like he knows how to use it.
5/3/2016 5:57:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quote History
Quoted:


Go figure. A PV2 who set up a selfie cam during some sort of ambush didn't take the time to clean or maintain his weapon, and doesn't really look like he knows how to use it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That looked like a catastrophic ammo failure more than one of the gun.  

Before you go upstairs to hug your 10" AR:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=95d_1323928078&comments=1


See him riding the charge handle forward?

How much you want to bet there is little to no lubrication in that M4?


They love that video, despite all the issues the operator has with actually charging the rifle the proper way.


Go figure. A PV2 who set up a selfie cam during some sort of ambush didn't take the time to clean or maintain his weapon, and doesn't really look like he knows how to use it.


You just want to smack him around and tell him to fucking charge the rifle correctly.

GI mags also in my experiences less prone to feed when you ride the CH than say a polymer mag like a Pmag.

I've found polymer mags give you more leeway with riding the charging handle.
5/3/2016 6:12:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quote History
Quoted:


It's happened to me with Colts and brass ammo.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ah, yes. The good ol' undefeatable AK.

Fed with shitty 3rd world ammo.

Nothing could be more reliable!

Edit -

The only time I've ever seen a stuck case where you needed to punch the bore on an AR has been:

1. Cheap ammo
2. Shitty AR that wasn't built to a decent spec



It's happened to me with Colts and brass ammo.

I've seen a few jammed ARs. My favorite was watching a guy try to pry his BCG back with a multitool while gouging up the aluminum receiver around the ejection port and magwell. I dropped a GI sectioned rod down the barrel, after stopping that madness and the bolt popped right open.
5/3/2016 6:14:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quote History
Quoted:


My understanding (and it's very limited just an FYI) is that most of those groups treat foreign (English speaking) fighters like gold and provide them with top accommodations and weapons.

That being said, if your buddy was forced to sell off most of his gun collection just to cover air-fare then he may not be the experienced operator the Kurds are looking for.

I spend my days combing the internet for videos and this is the first time I've seen an English speaker (fighting for the good guys) who's armed like he had a 500$ budget at a Gunshow circa December 2012 ( being a little sarcastic as Chinese AK's actually fetch a premium )

Seriously those dust covers are garbage even if he had an aimpoint on there. . . he'd be 100X better off just using the irons.

WTF!!!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just don't get it. . . .

Why would an English speaking individual be over there with that shit dust cover rail and a 50$ optic


Can someone explain this?
Former Co-Worker of mine when to go fight with the peshmerga
sold off a good chunk of his gun collection to cover air fare and such

Said it was an epic cluster fuck and he came home pretty quickly
equipment is in short supply and they were trying their damnest to steal and scam his that he brought over with him

I can imagine with weapons its take what you can get

He came pretty quickly disgusted with the whole mess
 


My understanding (and it's very limited just an FYI) is that most of those groups treat foreign (English speaking) fighters like gold and provide them with top accommodations and weapons.

That being said, if your buddy was forced to sell off most of his gun collection just to cover air-fare then he may not be the experienced operator the Kurds are looking for.

I spend my days combing the internet for videos and this is the first time I've seen an English speaker (fighting for the good guys) who's armed like he had a 500$ budget at a Gunshow circa December 2012 ( being a little sarcastic as Chinese AK's actually fetch a premium )

Seriously those dust covers are garbage even if he had an aimpoint on there. . . he'd be 100X better off just using the irons.

WTF!!!!

All the pics and videos I've seen have westerners armed with AKs and cheap optic equipment. There's the rare M16A2 at best.
5/3/2016 6:37:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quote History
Quoted:


They love that video, despite all the issues the operator has with actually charging the rifle the proper way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That looked like a catastrophic ammo failure more than one of the gun.  

Before you go upstairs to hug your 10" AR:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=95d_1323928078&comments=1


See him riding the charge handle forward?

How much you want to bet there is little to no lubrication in that M4?


They love that video, despite all the issues the operator has with actually charging the rifle the proper way.



At 01:24, he is sighting on a target, pulls the rifle down and snuggles up to his cover.....PEW! goes an incoming round past him.....then he brings the rifle back up and resumes shooting.  Hopefully, shooting the asshole that he saw about to shoot him!
5/3/2016 6:47:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quote History
Quoted:


It jammed because it was an AK. He could have prevented it by throwing the AK in the trash and getting a real gun.





Picture of cleaning rod usefulness for those that dont know that its perfectly designed to be awful at stuck case clearing:

http://i.imgur.com/MrZOKPu.jpg
(I even gave it the benefit of the doubt of no slant break.)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder what the jam was from?   or what he could have done to prevent it?


It jammed because it was an AK. He could have prevented it by throwing the AK in the trash and getting a real gun.





Picture of cleaning rod usefulness for those that dont know that its perfectly designed to be awful at stuck case clearing:

http://i.imgur.com/MrZOKPu.jpg
(I even gave it the benefit of the doubt of no slant break.)


Ace is right, the stock cleaning rod is too short to pop a stuck case.
5/3/2016 6:47:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Quote History


Stupid cat shit.
5/3/2016 6:49:50 PM EDT
[#34]
I got $87 on it that it was a Century Arms RAS47.....
5/3/2016 6:49:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Quote History
Quoted:


I don't know where you are looking or what you are reading, but all of your info is bad
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just don't get it. . . .

Why would an English speaking individual be over there with that shit dust cover rail and a 50$ optic


Can someone explain this?
Former Co-Worker of mine when to go fight with the peshmerga
sold off a good chunk of his gun collection to cover air fare and such

Said it was an epic cluster fuck and he came home pretty quickly
equipment is in short supply and they were trying their damnest to steal and scam his that he brought over with him

I can imagine with weapons its take what you can get

He came pretty quickly disgusted with the whole mess
 


My understanding (and it's very limited just an FYI) is that most of those groups treat foreign (English speaking) fighters like gold and provide them with top accommodations and weapons.

That being said, if your buddy was forced to sell off most of his gun collection just to cover air-fare then he may not be the experienced operator the Kurds are looking for.

I spend my days combing the internet for videos and this is the first time I've seen an English speaker (fighting for the good guys) who's armed like he had a 500$ budget at a Gunshow circa December 2012 ( being a little sarcastic as Chinese AK's actually fetch a premium )

Seriously those dust covers are garbage even if he had an aimpoint on there. . . he'd be 100X better off just using the irons.

WTF!!!!


I don't know where you are looking or what you are reading, but all of your info is bad


lol, spoken as someone who's never bought an AK dust cover rail mount
5/3/2016 6:50:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Quote History
Quoted:

  Correct distance behind cover? What's the theory there?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where is the brit and why is he fighting isis?

  Volunteers that joined the Peshmerga. They are not members of the UK military.

I'm betting he has prior service with the UK military but 'elite' couldn't be used as a descriptive word.

That was a lot of randomly shooting in a direction, there was nothing surgical about that shooting and he seemed to be unaware of height over bore and he was definitely unaware of correct distance behind cover as he was hugging that wall.
 

  Correct distance behind cover? What's the theory there?


Being harder to get shot, not flagging your position, less visible to the enemy, protection from ricochets.
5/3/2016 6:51:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quote History
Quoted:

All the pics and videos I've seen have westerners armed with AKs and cheap optic equipment. There's the rare M16A2 at best.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just don't get it. . . .

Why would an English speaking individual be over there with that shit dust cover rail and a 50$ optic


Can someone explain this?
Former Co-Worker of mine when to go fight with the peshmerga
sold off a good chunk of his gun collection to cover air fare and such

Said it was an epic cluster fuck and he came home pretty quickly
equipment is in short supply and they were trying their damnest to steal and scam his that he brought over with him

I can imagine with weapons its take what you can get

He came pretty quickly disgusted with the whole mess
 


My understanding (and it's very limited just an FYI) is that most of those groups treat foreign (English speaking) fighters like gold and provide them with top accommodations and weapons.

That being said, if your buddy was forced to sell off most of his gun collection just to cover air-fare then he may not be the experienced operator the Kurds are looking for.

I spend my days combing the internet for videos and this is the first time I've seen an English speaker (fighting for the good guys) who's armed like he had a 500$ budget at a Gunshow circa December 2012 ( being a little sarcastic as Chinese AK's actually fetch a premium )

Seriously those dust covers are garbage even if he had an aimpoint on there. . . he'd be 100X better off just using the irons.

WTF!!!!

All the pics and videos I've seen have westerners armed with AKs and cheap optic equipment. There's the rare M16A2 at best.


I've never seen it, but again as I mentioned I'm far from the authority here.

If you have some links I'd be appreciative. This is the first English speaking individual I've seen fighting with a NC Star red dot.
5/3/2016 6:52:10 PM EDT
[#38]
Quote History
Quoted:


Looks like he threw the rod down the barrel with enough juice to clear the casing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
it has a fucking cleaning rod for a reason.


The cleaning rod is actually too short to clear a stuck case by itself.

AKs!


Looks like he threw the rod down the barrel with enough juice to clear the casing.



Actually, that is the correct way to clear a stuck case.  Get the rod moving fast and let it go before it hits the stuck case.  If you try and force it, the rod will flex, bind against the walls of the barrel and will impart less energy into the casing.

Think dropping a mortar round down the tube.
5/3/2016 7:03:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quote History
Quoted:

You ever carry an Rk95?

They are boat anchors.  Reliable as sin, but boat anchors.

A lightweight little Colt Commando would be better.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
well substandard bimetal ammo was probably the cause. case rupture?

Where is the brit and why is he fighting isis?

Also at least with the top cover design it allows you to quickly get access to the chamber with plenty of working area to clear said jam.

If I had to go to the sandbox and depend upon the local supply chain, hopefully I could bring my own rifle. Getting my hands on a Krebs KTR-03, finnish RK95, or Vepr would be preferrable.

You ever carry an Rk95?

They are boat anchors.  Reliable as sin, but boat anchors.

A lightweight little Colt Commando would be better.


I was considering stuff that would use AK mags and ammo.

Plenty of better choices, but feeding a colt commando might be an issue. god forbid you break a bolt or some other part.
5/3/2016 10:23:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quote History
Quoted:



I picked up an empty mag in Husayba, Im dead now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

"DON'T YOU EVER BEND DOWN AND PICK UP A MAGAZINE! IN FALLUJAH, THE MARINES BENT DOWN TO PICK UP MAGAZINES BECAUSE THEY DID IT IN TRAINING AND INSURGENTS WALKED RIGHT UP TO THEM AND SHOT THEM IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD!"

"I SEEN IT HAPPEN A HUNDRED TIMES!"



I picked up an empty mag in Husayba, Im dead now.


Damn Marines police calling the battlefield.

They did it so much in training that they forgot they were in a firefight and started picking up empty mags and spent brass....LIVE ROUND!
5/3/2016 10:36:24 PM EDT
[#41]
Quote History
Quoted:

comment 1 - it is safe to say he was out of the fight
comment 2 this is a testament to the power of that fucking Afghani dirt
View Quote


That's true.

Afghan dirt is so potent, it affects weapons all the way in North Western Iraq/Syria.

If only we had the science to understand its powers.
5/3/2016 10:56:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quote History
Quoted:


I swear to God, as I was watching that video I heard Tweeter telling him to get the Peeps in his mouth.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why isn't he shoving Peeps in his mouth?


I swear to God, as I was watching that video I heard Tweeter telling him to get the Peeps in his mouth.



"Peeps! Come on Daddy O, get them fucking Peeps down. Oh, you gonna choke, I don't think so, you got this shit!"


Meanwhile, in the background, Corky Thatcher sings 'Let it Go'....
5/4/2016 2:58:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Quote History
Quoted:
Lol at the guys who think a stuck case is an ak thing. I don't think I've ever read on here anybody that knew what they were talking about stating that ak's never jam.



As an ak guy, just goes to show how nice a bolt hold open could be. If he could have locked the bolt back he might not have had pull the bolt out. Kinda stupid the rod isn't 1.5" longer though.
 
View Quote


It doesn't need to be 1.5 inches longer because there's a ~3" attachment in the cleaning kit. This thing:
5/4/2016 5:06:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Quote History
Quoted:


Can someone explain this?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just don't get it. . . .

Why would an English speaking individual be over there with that shit dust cover rail and a 50$ optic


Can someone explain this?


Probably ex army cook,or something wants to fight Isis so goes and joins the Kurds.


I for one salute him.
5/4/2016 9:34:18 AM EDT
[#45]
Quote History
Quoted:


Probably ex army cook,or something wants to fight Isis so goes and joins the Kurds.

I for one salute him.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just don't get it. . . .

Why would an English speaking individual be over there with that shit dust cover rail and a 50$ optic


Can someone explain this?


Probably ex army cook,or something wants to fight Isis so goes and joins the Kurds.

I for one salute him.


Should be easy to salute him, as he will be sitting on guard duty in a tower all day at best.

Just like when he was in the actual army. Probably why they all come home so quick.

You don't speak the language that we communicate in? Well we don't have money for terps so you can pull perimeter guard.



I bet most of them carry on about people in America not speaking English. Lol
5/4/2016 9:50:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quote History
Quoted:


Being harder to get shot, not flagging your position, less visible to the enemy, protection from ricochets.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Where is the brit and why is he fighting isis?

  Volunteers that joined the Peshmerga. They are not members of the UK military.

I'm betting he has prior service with the UK military but 'elite' couldn't be used as a descriptive word.

That was a lot of randomly shooting in a direction, there was nothing surgical about that shooting and he seemed to be unaware of height over bore and he was definitely unaware of correct distance behind cover as he was hugging that wall.
 

  Correct distance behind cover? What's the theory there?


Being harder to get shot, not flagging your position, less visible to the enemy, protection from ricochets.


Plus less chance of getting injured if a heavy weapon hits the wall.  Spalling at close distance can easily kill.  Even at longer distance.
5/4/2016 10:00:10 AM EDT
[#47]
If only the trashcan gun had a bolt catch, he wouldn't have to break it down.
5/4/2016 10:11:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Quote History
Quoted:


It doesn't need to be 1.5 inches longer because there's a ~3" attachment in the cleaning kit. This thing:
http://s32.postimg.org/a9jqxti75/part.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lol at the guys who think a stuck case is an ak thing. I don't think I've ever read on here anybody that knew what they were talking about stating that ak's never jam.



As an ak guy, just goes to show how nice a bolt hold open could be. If he could have locked the bolt back he might not have had pull the bolt out. Kinda stupid the rod isn't 1.5" longer though.
 


It doesn't need to be 1.5 inches longer because there's a ~3" attachment in the cleaning kit. This thing:
http://s32.postimg.org/a9jqxti75/part.jpg



But you have to pop that out of the buttstock and assemble it while under fire.  Not good.
5/4/2016 12:22:45 PM EDT
[#49]
If this happened, and the attached AK cleaning rod wasn't long enough, what would be a good substitution?

What about for an AR?

I've seen solid brass cleaning rods, but I don't imagine they are carried around in combat.  

5/4/2016 1:54:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Quote History
Quoted:


Go figure. A PV2 who set up a selfie cam during some sort of ambush didn't take the time to clean or maintain his weapon, and doesn't really look like he knows how to use it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
That looked like a catastrophic ammo failure more than one of the gun.  

Before you go upstairs to hug your 10" AR:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=95d_1323928078&comments=1


See him riding the charge handle forward?

How much you want to bet there is little to no lubrication in that M4?


They love that video, despite all the issues the operator has with actually charging the rifle the proper way.


Go figure. A PV2 who set up a selfie cam during some sort of ambush didn't take the time to clean or maintain his weapon, and doesn't really look like he knows how to use it.


So I actually tested that out, and with my properly lubed rifle in perfect condition using a GI mag I also had a failure to feed(extractor didn't snap over the cartridge rim). There's no way a improperly lubed rifle, and possible bad magazine in a dusty environment would be capable of feeding riding the CH like that.

With a M3 Pmag I was capable of properly chambering the rifle even when riding the CH. So polymer does seem to allow more room for slower BCG speed to properly feed and chamber.

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Previous Page
/ 6
Next Page