BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 12:16:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The only source to support that claim is the incorrect description in Waffen Centrale, which lists all of the specs for the DocterSight C (Noblex Sight C) and not the Noblex Sight for Glock MOS.

In any case the only authoritative source is the manufacturer itself. Note how there is no reticle adjustment range indicated.

For Noblex Sight C there is (ca. 125 x 95 MOA).
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As earlier noted, there are two models -- the shotgun model (without adjustments) and this one (with adjustments).
The only source to support that claim is the incorrect description in Waffen Centrale, which lists all of the specs for the DocterSight C (Noblex Sight C) and not the Noblex Sight for Glock MOS.

In any case the only authoritative source is the manufacturer itself. Note how there is no reticle adjustment range indicated.

For Noblex Sight C there is (ca. 125 x 95 MOA).
The MOS sight also has screws located in the typical places they'd be located for adjustment screws.  The QuickSight doesn't have those same screws.  That would indicate that it is indeed adjustable.

ETA:  Further indications from Optics Planet stating that it comes with both Torx key (for the mounting screws) and an allen key (presumably for the adjustment screws).
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 7:07:34 PM EDT
[#2]
So who’s going to try ordering one from Optics Planet?  I volunteer to read their review.
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 7:12:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
So who's going to try ordering one from Optics Planet?  I volunteer to read their review.
View Quote
I'll wait until someone reputable has it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 7:22:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I don't get it. It looks like the main benefits of a RDS are limited in that small of a viewing window.
View Quote
If you are looking through the window you are doing it wrong.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 9:35:00 PM EDT
[#5]
I bought the Noblex/Docter MOS sight from optics planet...who knows if/when it will ship, lol.  I tried to call the US Docter phone number multiple times last week and it just kept giving me a busy signal.  Any ideas?  I thought about trying the Austria number.....

Just trying to get a rough timeline on when it might hit shelves.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 4:40:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't get it. It looks like the main benefits of a RDS are limited in that small of a viewing window.
How do you use a red dot without looking through the window? Unless we’re talking OEG style I’m not sure what you mean.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 4:58:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
How does the end-user sight it in? I see no elevation or windage adjustment controls.
View Quote
edit: nm
Link Posted: 4/30/2019 10:09:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I bought the Noblex/Docter MOS sight from optics planet...who knows if/when it will ship, lol.  I tried to call the US Docter phone number multiple times last week and it just kept giving me a busy signal.  Any ideas?  I thought about trying the Austria number.....

View Quote
Quoting myself to give you all an update.

I was notified by Optics Planet that the first order of sights have arrived and mine should shipping with 24-48 hours.  I'll be sure to post up some pics and initial thoughts as soon as I have it in hand and mounted.

Anybody else get one yet?

BTW - I never was successful in contacting Docter/Noblex US, but I did e-mail through the Austrian site and I got a response three days later that they were shipping to the US and Optics Planet specifically.  It looks like that was a true statement...lol.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 9:13:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I was notified by Optics Planet that the first order of sights have arrived and mine should shipping with 24-48 hours.  I'll be sure to post up some pics and initial thoughts as soon as I have it in hand and mounted.

BTW - I never was successful in contacting Docter/Noblex US, but I did e-mail through the Austrian site and I got a response three days later that they were shipping to the US and Optics Planet specifically.  It looks like that was a true statement...lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool, thanks for the update!
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 4:53:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Cool, thanks for the update!
View Quote
You're welcome.

I got shipping notification today, and should have it in hand on Monday (5/6).  I'll report back.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 6:44:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Woah. Docter logo...
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 6:56:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Once you're dialed in it probably doesn't really matter.  But in my experience a lower sight window does reduce the learning curve a bit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can cowitness now with tall sights on current setups. I know it's a bit higher but I'm not convinced that matters much after talking to and shooting with a bunch of USPSA open shooters.
Once you're dialed in it probably doesn't really matter.  But in my experience a lower sight window does reduce the learning curve a bit.
This. I love lower sights. It makes things much more intuitive, much like aiming at down a long shotgun barrel w/ a bead sight.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 7:01:07 PM EDT
[#13]
This looks like it has good potential and would solve a lot of the MOS complaints, since it doesn’t need adapter plates.  I’m definitely curious.
Link Posted: 5/7/2019 5:13:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Got the optic today!

Initial pics and thoughts are Here - click me
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top