Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 11:26:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Is the emitter under the prism/glass? Could be a great sight if so. And is rugged. And doesn’t cost an arm and a dick.

And can be used on non cutout, non-Glocks.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 11:29:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The real future is bore sighted pistols slaved to Bluetooth enabled contact lenses.
View Quote
The gun guy in me thinks that's awesome, but the IT security guy in me thinks I'm going to be sending your contacts pictures of my ballsack.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 11:32:50 AM EDT
[#3]
All it takes is on company to innovate and others will follow.  Adapt or die and this opens the market up for new potential.  I am sure Vortex, Trijicon, Leupold, etc etc will see this as the salvo across the bow.  Love the idea but it needs refinement which for a first of its kind is a step forward.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 11:37:07 AM EDT
[#4]
I don’t know if it’s been pointed out but this sight has a front and rear glass with the emitter in between.  So water won’t get to the emitter.

Also no windage or elevation adjustments.

It was originally designed for shotguns and called the Docter quick sight.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 11:40:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I don't know if it's been pointed out but this sight has a front and rear glass with the emitter in between.  So water won't get to the emitter.

View Quote
From what I can find it does have windage and elevation adjustments.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 11:42:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I feel like a old man

Irons for the win
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 11:45:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I feel like a old man

Irons for the win
View Quote
The future is now, grandpa!
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 11:47:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The future is now, grandpa!
View Quote
I dont even know who you are with the avatar change!
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 11:48:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I feel like a old man

Irons for the win
View Quote
Pretty sure you're younger than me.  Time to embrace the future.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 11:50:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Gets the dot down to where you’ve trained to look for the front sight,

Dig it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 12:03:20 PM EDT
[#11]
That window is so small that I bet people actually line up the irons and think the dot is right.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 12:13:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Kinda neat, I suppose it would make it a little easier to conceal or use in a holster? Doctor Optics makes really good sights, I had their MRDS that I sold to a buddy when I got an Aimpoint. He put it on a scope offset and it's still going strong.

I know HERA Arms had a prototype (for a very short period of time) of a red-dot with a flip up screen, I don't think it ended up being feasible at all but maybe it's a better evolution rather than such a teeny window.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/hera_arms_cqs_01-tfb.jpg
View Quote
There was a company that tried pop up RD back in the mid 90's. They were experimenting with incorporting it into the slide of a handgun. The guy writing the article saw it as the future but here we are all these years later.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 2:26:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Gets the dot down to where you’ve trained to look for the front sight,

Dig it.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 3:10:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gets the dot down to where you've trained to look for the front sight,

Dig it.
This.
I'd like to try one, as I think this may be the case. This looks far more concealable than an RMR or the new Aimpoint pistol sight... but I'm sure there are some trade offs with that small window. Any of these around in the USA yet? Price?
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 3:17:22 PM EDT
[#15]
The logical "best" solution would be a body that projects a dot to the air above the base.  Given that this is not yet possible, this sight does look to present some differences to the current offerings.

As was pointed out (and speculated in posts above), the transmitter being inside the glass means mitigation for an oft times complaint of projected dots (from the rear like most).  This being rain, snow or debris fouling the emitter at the back.  Obviously you could still have issues with junk on the glass, but it would easier to wipe the glass surfaces, than to clear crud out of an emitter recess.  I think this is a positive improvement.  This moves the MRDS towards the tube style design.

Back to my first point of a reflector less dot floating above the slide, given that the proper way to shoot these things is both eyes open, focus on the target with dot superimposed, reducing the body of the sight also seems like a step in the right direction.  I have an easier time doing this with the old JPoints v. RMR's, as there is just less body to "look" past.  Although the old JPoints just do not hold a candle to the RMR in terms of ruggedness.

Envision a fiber optic single post rear sight, with a battery supplying power (light) to the fiber. This would theoretically be as close as you could get to floating a dot in the air above the sight.  It seems to me that this sight is moving towards that direction.  How can we project and reflect a dot, with minimal hardware to project and contain a battery of sufficient size to work for a reasonable amount of time.  Adjustment screws and mechanisms, as well as things like motion switches or even brightness adjustment mechanisms add size.

The JPoints had/have as an accessory a shimming plate.  This is a wedge/tapered plate that is used to lower or raise the dot, relative to the mounting surface.  These work great if you run out of vertical adjustment  (up or down) on your gun.  You can stack them in various ways to make different adjustments.  If this sight lacks POI adjustment, it seems that it would be simple to design a tapered shim to possibly control the vertical a bit.  Although this works on a rear projected dot, not sure the same geometries apply to a bottom projected dot?  maybe.

I find this sight intriguing, for sure.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 3:24:03 PM EDT
[#16]
They make docter sights.

I like it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 3:31:28 PM EDT
[#17]
looks very interesting.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 3:38:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The real future is bore sighted pistols slaved to Bluetooth enabled contact lenses.
View Quote
That’s how Robocop shot that dude in the dick.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 3:46:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The gun guy in me thinks that's awesome, but the IT security guy in me thinks I'm going to be sending your contacts pictures of my ballsack.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
opening up an incredible opportunity in the realm of electronic warfare. you can disrupt the attacker's optical sighting system by blocking his entire FOV with a tiled mosaic of your balls, effectively blinding, shaming, and possibly arousing them.

this is gonna be big yall, gonna have our own NSN and huge DOD contracts
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 3:54:44 PM EDT
[#20]
The problem i see with it being so low is that like factory sights, it won't clear a suppressor. That is one big upside of all the current setups.
I really need to get my M&P done.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 4:03:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't know if it's been pointed out but this sight has a front and rear glass with the emitter in between.  So water won't get to the emitter.

I hope you are right.  Not saying you’re wrong, but that description in the google translation refers to the Doctor C series (cerakote, safety orange, etc.), so it might not be describing the right sight?

Again, not saying you’re wrong, just confused with their info.
Link Posted: 3/21/2019 5:17:41 PM EDT
[#22]
I listened to the linked video in the OP a couple of times to try and clarify things in my mind.

It sounds like Noblex acquired the Docter brand or some parts of it.  he noted that this sight is old technology, modernized.  I think this why there is confusion between the limited info out there.  The Docter video shows a rail mount.  The Noblex link shows  a MOS solution.  I "think" that maybe this sight is/was a shotgun solution made by Docter, that Noblex decided to fit to an MOS plate to perhaps put the sight back into the market.  Looks like maybe vaporware until summer or fall.

I heard in the video 3 moa or 6 moa. Owning a Glock 41 MOS, I find this sight interesting.  But not holding my breathe, for sure.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 8:52:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I listened to the linked video in the OP a couple of times to try and clarify things in my mind.

It sounds like Noblex acquired the Docter brand or some parts of it.  he noted that this sight is old technology, modernized.  I think this why there is confusion between the limited info out there.  The Docter video shows a rail mount.  The Noblex link shows  a MOS solution.  I "think" that maybe this sight is/was a shotgun solution made by Docter, that Noblex decided to fit to an MOS plate to perhaps put the sight back into the market.  Looks like maybe vaporware until summer or fall.

I heard in the video 3 moa or 6 moa. Owning a Glock 41 MOS, I find this sight interesting.  But not holding my breathe, for sure.
View Quote
That's exactly where it came from, the original was designed to clamp on the barrel rib.

Link Posted: 3/22/2019 11:18:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I hope you are right.  Not saying you're wrong, but that description in the google translation refers to the Doctor C series (cerakote, safety orange, etc.), so it might not be describing the right sight?

Again, not saying you're wrong, just confused with their info.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope you are right.  Not saying you're wrong, but that description in the google translation refers to the Doctor C series (cerakote, safety orange, etc.), so it might not be describing the right sight?

Again, not saying you're wrong, just confused with their info.
I guess we'll have to wait and see if it ever gets imported.  I can't imagine them making it fixed though.  The shotgun version sure, it'd be easy enough to adjust by shims or sliding it up and down the rib.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 11:20:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As earlier noted, there are two models -- the shotgun model (without adjustments) and this one (with adjustments).
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 11:26:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Window seems a bit too small. The RMR window is small, but still workable...I don't know how well that one will be.

Impact on top of the optic will transfer to the base instead of the glass thus prevent it from shattering easily. Trijicon RMR seems to be the only one to resist glass shattering when the pistol is dropped from shoulder height.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Window seems a bit too small. The RMR window is small, but still workable...I don't know how well that one will be.

Quoted:
Is there any purpose to the wings on the sides?
Impact on top of the optic will transfer to the base instead of the glass thus prevent it from shattering easily. Trijicon RMR seems to be the only one to resist glass shattering when the pistol is dropped from shoulder height.
Can attest. Have put that to the test on my RMR.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 11:26:43 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yup this is how we get cool stuff. One thing I’d really like to keep seeing is more standardization for the mounting footprint. Eventually then we see more and more factory guns optimized for it.
View Quote
I would think the M17 contract did that long term as the guns are all cut for the deltpoint footprint.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 1:36:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I would think the M17 contract did that long term as the guns are all cut for the deltpoint footprint.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup this is how we get cool stuff. One thing I’d really like to keep seeing is more standardization for the mounting footprint. Eventually then we see more and more factory guns optimized for it.
Guess we’ll see. Couple of the guys I know that train like crazy prefer the DPP but also all say if they had to pick one for a fighting or defense gun it would be the RMR as they’ve seen it be a little tougher.

Either way we are going to keep seeing improved optics from everyone and that’s a win for everyone.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 2:01:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Guess we’ll see. Couple of the guys I know that train like crazy prefer the DPP but also all say if they had to pick one for a fighting or defense gun it would be the RMR as they’ve seen it be a little tougher.

Either way we are going to keep seeing improved optics from everyone and that’s a win for everyone.
View Quote
I think whenever the army gets around to bidding red dots, we will see lots of rmrs moving to that footprint. Sig already is.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 4:31:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Definitely a step in the right direction over aimpoints acro.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 4:44:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 4:50:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
You mean the really far in the future
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You mean the really far in the future
i bet setting up something with google glass would be fairly feasible
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 5:20:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Looks cool....always good to see innovation!
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 5:33:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Looks cool. I like the concept.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 5:37:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 5:48:02 PM EDT
[#36]
Small window... pass
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 5:54:39 PM EDT
[#37]
I'd like to try it.
Link Posted: 3/22/2019 6:10:06 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I'll be honest. I want to see a pop-up RMR-type sight that flips up when you draw, or can be pushed down to use iron sights.

Im certain that it has no advantages, but I has been drinking.
View Quote
I like this idea. I've also been drinking.
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 6:14:12 AM EDT
[#39]
So where is the emitter on this thing? External/exposed, or internal to that glass assembly?
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 6:30:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So where is the emitter on this thing? External/exposed, or internal to that glass assembly?
View Quote
In between the lenses.
Link Posted: 4/8/2019 6:40:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'll be honest. I want to see a pop-up RMR-type sight that flips up when you draw, or can be pushed down to use iron sights.

Im certain that it has no advantages, but I has been drinking.
View Quote
There's a flip up one out but you can't use iron with it folded.  Is also made by NCStar(I think) so that also says it all.
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 4:02:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
In between the lenses.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In between the lenses.
Explain to me as if to a small child:

If I dunk it in water, does it continue to work? Can foreign debris block the emitter?

I cannot tell. The pictures were taken with a potato and I cannot read the barbarian script.
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 5:08:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Tagging for updates
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 7:50:35 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

If I dunk it in water, does it continue to work? Can foreign debris block the emitter?

I cannot tell. The pictures were taken with a potato and I cannot read the barbarian script.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In between the lenses.

According to here it is waterproof.

There are two lenses placed close together, the emitter is sandwiched in between them, so no it cannot be block by foreign debris.

ETA: Also from what I'm gathering this is made of steel instead of aluminum, so it should be significantly stronger than most MRDS on the market.
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 8:00:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Looks like Optics Planet has it available for order, although I doubt they actually have any in stock at the moment.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/noblex-docter-optics-glock-m-o-s-red-dot-sight.html
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 8:32:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Small window... pass
View Quote
Shouldn't really matter as long as you're using the red dot properly... both eyes open.

Looks pretty darn cool, and for $500 I'll definitely give one a try.
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 9:14:38 AM EDT
[#47]
Do want!...will buy/try for sure.

Picked up a 19.5 MOS for just this purpose, hoping to reduce the carry footprint with this setup as compared to my Roland.
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 9:26:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Tagged
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 9:30:12 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Looks like Optics Planet has it available for order, although I doubt they actually have anything in stock at the moment.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/noblex-docter-optics-glock-m-o-s-red-dot-sight.html
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 12:02:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
As earlier noted, there are two models -- the shotgun model (without adjustments) and this one (with adjustments).
View Quote
The only source to support that claim is the incorrect description in Waffen Centrale, which lists all of the specs for the DocterSight C (Noblex Sight C) and not the Noblex Sight for Glock MOS.

In any case the only authoritative source is the manufacturer itself. Note how there is no reticle adjustment range indicated.

For Noblex Sight C there is (ca. 125 x 95 MOA).
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top