BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:03:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:12:25 PM EDT
[#2]
It's not the first time or board that Rikwriter has been banned from.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:13:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:13:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quite some time ago, I once got a 72 hour time out for a nonsensical alcohol fueled rant about which I don't remember.  Anyway, when I read the email of my ban the next morning my response to the moderator was that I deserved it and apologized for the hassle.

Strangely enough, my ban was instantly lifted.  It's nice to be loved.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:18:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm a brown nose!

(not true actually, I drive poor Ed up the wall some days)

Care to elaborate?  Have a few drinks, and let 'er rip.  Let's hear the drama!
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:19:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I've never done anything wrong, called anyone a name even if they were being a poopyhead, and site staff fucking loves me.

For real.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:19:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:20:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I've never done anything wrong, called anyone a name even if they were being a poopyhead, and site staff fucking loves me.

For real.

I remember the drama around your timeout.

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:20:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Would you believe I've made it 40k posts without one?

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:21:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:31:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For real.

I don't know what you're talking about. Just got my annual fruitcake from the mod's forum, it had a card in it that said "We've always loved you best....join us".

I respectfully declined. Nobody puts Baby in a corner.

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:34:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

For real.

I don't know what you're talking about. Just got my annual fruitcake from the mod's forum, it had a card in it that said "We've always loved you best....join us".

You have another forum to be a mod at.

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:35:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Several months back some guy on the EE was trying to sell A handful of "Used" GSG Mags

at something like $15 OVER New Regular retail each and they were redially available on several sites.

After a few Jack and 7's I expressed my dissatisfaction with his marketing plan.  I got a 3 day

vacation.. When I came back, I looked at his thread and he had lowered the price to something

that was reasonable and sold them all.  Guess you could say I "took one for the team" on that one...
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:36:57 PM EDT
[#14]
It was worth it.

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:37:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

For real.

You have another forum to be a mod at.

You're mistaken. These aren't the droids you're looking for.

Move along.

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:38:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got threatened once for trying to give away a 30 round pre-ban when pre-bans were...well pre-post-ban.  I commented that I was drinking and I was looking for a good story or something and I would give the mag to the best story.  It was locked and when I asked why I was told it was because I said I was drinking and that was against the rules and then I was threatened with a ban when I pointed out how silly it was.

This I'd like to hear more of.

That was pretty much it. I made some mild, joking insult in the subject. When I dared to question the guy who locked it I was told that all my IMs were being forwarded and I best give it a break or I would get a ban. I must say that when the beer slayer IMed he was easy to get along with and earned my respect. The rest of it was just childish.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:39:27 PM EDT
[#17]
been warned a bunch of times i'm sure next time will be a time out or worse
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:39:28 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

It was worth it.

I like this guy!

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:43:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

For real.

I hate to kiss ass, but you are one of the best posters here, and was even better before you were given the smackdown a few times.

Moderators here are not given enough discretion to allow the good guys, and quality opinions, to truly thrive.

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:46:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Once when I was young and stupid. Amazing how the ban hammer will show you the path to wisdom.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:46:48 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For real.

I hate to kiss ass, but you are one of the best posters here, and was even better before you were given the smackdown a few times.

Moderators here are not given enough discretion to allow the good guys, and quality opinions, to truly thrive.

Not sure why folks that borderline hate this site keep coming back to post, they have several internet clubhouses to chill at, one with great music.

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:54:35 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For real.

Well, in fairness to staff a couple of times I knowingly broke the rules because I was angry or lashed out at someone....and in other cases someone completely misread my posts as being serious when they were tongue-in-cheek. That's the CoC for ya. I ain't perfect, and the rules protect douchebags and punish anyone who rightly points them out.

But, I appreciate the ass kissing.

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 5:55:48 PM EDT
[#23]
One word - AMM-WOWW!!!

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:01:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Nothing yet, but I haven't been here long. I can usually control my urge to post  inane comments online, if not in real life.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:05:42 PM EDT
[#25]
I would have gotten another tonight if the thread hadn't got locked before I had

my chance at this cocksucker!!!!

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=886094

I have a wife that is dying a slow death due to this and I take it personal..

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:08:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Im sorry to hear that.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:12:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I would have gotten another tonight if the thread hadn't got locked before I had

That would have been worth it as well.  I would have gladly accepted what I had coming for a chance to post in that thread.

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:13:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Sorry to hear that, man. Prayers sent for your wife.

You aren't the only one, according to that thread. With good reason too.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:21:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Thanks Guys....
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:22:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
One slap on the wrist "dont do that again" Im from a mod, and then a month later Dusty_C posted the exact same thing and he never got warned or anything. .

Out of curiosity, how do you know he didn't get a PM?
As a supervisor I have people tell me all the time that "You didn't talk to Joe about that" when they have no way of knowing.

And most of the time Joe denies (to them) that he got yelled at...

I have never gotten as much as a warning here, though I have made more than a couple super-fast edits.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:24:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
One slap on the wrist "dont do that again" Im from a mod, and then a month later Dusty_C posted the exact same thing and he never got warned or anything. .

Out of curiosity, how do you know he didn't get a PM?

Because I IM'ed him and asked him if he got a warning; and he and I have conversed enough that I really dont think he would lie to me.

ETA: And my thread was locked and his was not.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:25:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Twice for being stupid.

I thought you were done posting in the GD?

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:26:04 PM EDT
[#33]
only twice
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:32:39 PM EDT
[#34]
Think I got like 2 accounts that were banned. Im in this account and have a backup, but I forgot the login info.

Oh I have a few formal warnings and lots of them from before they started doing "formal"

I dont think this account has been froze. 82nd Might have at one point? Doesnt matter because I know Im on thin ice anyway.

TBK said they keep track of who is getting warnings for what. You know 3 strikes and your out? I think that they have allowed me 3 strikes for every single mod and staff.

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:36:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Yeah once, I Rick Rolled some dudes; I didn't know that was an automatic penalty box
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:37:50 PM EDT
[#36]
I was asked to be an EE mod but it would have taken to much time away from my impending divorce so I politely declined.
I did get a reach around from DK Prof once though.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:39:10 PM EDT
[#37]
I have had a post or two edited but I have never even had a warning in my many years here.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:40:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
One slap on the wrist "dont do that again" Im from a mod, and then a month later Dusty_C posted the exact same thing and he never got warned or anything.

I dont think there is a clear and dry rule about what is acceptable and what isnt, seems to be more up to the discretion of whoever is online.

Can mods give warnings about being banned or put in timeout or is that solely a staff function?

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:41:37 PM EDT
[#39]
I got a post removed once for violating BOTD rules.  I posted pics of the waitresses at the Heart Attack Grill.
Later, somebody else posted pics of the waitresses at the Heart Attack Grill, and that post was not removed.  I guess BOTD is in the eye of the beholder.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 7:04:38 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
No time out, but a slap on the wrist for linking a Charlie Brown video around the holidays.  

I remember that. That was hilarious, and so was the vid....

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 7:08:34 PM EDT
[#41]
Twice.  Both were questionable.  Some guy kept saying he was going to kill his wife so I said kill her ass and be done with it.  30 days!
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:24:10 PM EDT
[#42]
3x

I'm walking on thin ice right now.

I've been drop kicked into time out by NorCal, GoatBoy, and EdAvila. As far as I know I'm the only one ever locked by GoatBoy. Anyway, I came to agreements relatively quickly with NorCal and GoatBoy, but I had to throw away any resemblance of pride and beg like a damn baby (for over a week) for Ed to unlock my ass.

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:25:41 PM EDT
[#43]
Okay, I'm lost.

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:27:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
No time out, but a slap on the wrist for linking a Charlie Brown video around the holidays.  

Share !
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:29:54 PM EDT
[#45]
Me, twice. Eh, I'm a feisty fucker.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:30:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I was asked to be an EE mod but it would have taken to much time away from my impending divorce so I politely declined.
I did get a reach around from DK Prof once though.

Was he any good?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:32:33 PM EDT
[#47]
I got one.  It involved a religion thread in GD.  (big surprise for anyone who knows me).

Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:33:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Share !

Gotta be the Kwanza tree...stank on my 'hang-low'...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:34:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Yes. I have, but of course every time my account got locked it was attributed to riding on the fame of well... you know... that whole Lootie thing.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 9:36:05 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

I am truly sorry. prayers for some hope or a miracle.
Page / 4
Top Top