Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 12:18:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 12:24:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Literally have zero intrest in this rifle. Especially now that it's come out that Karl has aligned himself with pinko commie scum. What would Stoner do?
View Quote

Stoner would have done most of the work himself.  The way it's described, the lower is just about completely outsourced, with the "design team" providing some input as to what areas needed to be beefed up.

By the way fuck commies, and fuck satanists.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 12:25:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I love my 2 OG GWACS lowers and was all set to get a Mk III.  

And I don’t give a shit about the Satanist stuff either if he keeps it to himself.

The online virtue signaling by Karl tells me to save my money though.

I don’t have any need to get another AR if it means supporting someone that throws in with BLM/Antifa/et al.

They can get fucked, I hope they eat a million unsold KE lowers because of his willing public stance.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 12:27:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I won't be rushing out to buy one.  Maybe in a couple of years when real world feedback comes in and torture tests have been done I'll be more interested.
View Quote

While I would also prefer not to be a guinea pig, it's a $100 receiver, not a car. The changes from the Mk 2 don't appear to be anything  too risky and the internal structure was pretty much carried over according to Phagen.  That adds up to an acceptable risk to me.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 12:29:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm thinking about using one of these for my next AR. They seem to be approaching the project correctly.

Quoted:

ITT we will see the OP not read this and still white knight for Karl.  Coincidence that he spells it the same way Karl Marx did?  NOPE!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read the thread here I linked. Or for TL/DR:

That was a campaign for SJWs by two anti-white ultrafeminist whatever ladies. If you took part, you either indicated that you belong to the social justice movement or at the very least support it. The premise was that as a white SJW, you are still not pure enough if you post supporting BLM and decry so called injustices to blacks. It's still white priviledge. According to the “shut up whitey” campaign you could only be virtuous if you banned yourself (for a week), banned all your white contacts (muted them in IG) and instead reposted only messages from black SJWs for a week.

That's the gist of it. And he supported it. And somehow deviantollam (a known leftist activist and supposedly Karl's friend) and a bunch of other pinkos argued for 8 pages that the #muted campaign somehow wasn't SJW propaganda. Which it was.

Yep.

I like InRange's content, but I stopped my Patreon contributions after that.

ITT we will see the OP not read this and still white knight for Karl.  Coincidence that he spells it the same way Karl Marx did?  NOPE!

I'm disappointed Karl supported this nonsense (hell, Deviant Ollam jumped on ARFCOM during the original discussion of the post which indicates he's willing to dialogue with the shit flinging that goes on here) but this is the most nonsensical criticism I've seen of the InRange guys. Did your parents give you the option of how your name is spelled? The spelling makes sense when you look at his first and last name - Karl Kasarda
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 12:49:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Carl, get fucked
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 12:58:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm thinking about using one of these for my next AR. They seem to be approaching the project correctly.

I'm disappointed Karl supported this nonsense (hell, Deviant Ollam jumped on ARFCOM during the original discussion of the post which indicates he's willing to dialogue with the shit flinging that goes on here) but this is the most nonsensical criticism I've seen of the InRange guys. Did your parents give you the option of how your name is spelled? The spelling makes sense when you look at his first and last name - Karl Kasarda
View Quote

Pull the reins on your white knight trot.  I'm not being overly critical of Ian, just Karl Marx Kasarda which was a slight bit of sarcasm, but not much.  He's not supposed friends with deviant ollam, he's fucking close friends with him.  It does bring into question Ian's mindset having close friends like this.  You are ignoring the connections that quite frankly point out the obvious.  Now the question is, are you doing so on purpose or just willfully ignorant?
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 1:08:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 1:14:20 PM EDT
[#9]
I like people trying or improving existing things.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 1:21:22 PM EDT
[#10]
So Stoner would just copy Cav arms?
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 1:28:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh yeah, I am in for some of these lowers. I liked how they went about discussing the manufacturing tech of the lower, that helped feed my gun nerd hunger.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 1:37:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Deviant Ollam?
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 1:42:59 PM EDT
[#13]
<---27yrs injection molding designer.
They will never get the shrinkage right sufficient for firearm use, not with all the different hole axes. [plural of axis]
They should leave the pivot/fcg/detent holes for secondary machining operation which will screw the price.
That and welded glass filled nylon seams are a weak spot. They will have the same rep as those shitty Bushmaster and ATI lowers.

No thanks. Aluminum master race for a reason.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 1:57:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 1:58:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

What does the fire control pocket look like?  Hopefully they maximized the weight savings.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 2:00:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Or you could just buy the pinnacle of the ar15 and get an sr15. Just saying.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 2:05:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 2:09:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'll probably pick up a stripped one when they are available, just to play with.
View Quote

Me as well!

I already have two Cav-15 mk2's too.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 2:11:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
They will never get the shrinkage right sufficient for firearm use, not with all the different hole axes. [plural of axis]
They should leave the pivot/fcg/detent holes for secondary machining operation which will screw the price.
That and welded glass filled nylon seams are a weak spot. They will have the same rep as those shitty Bushmaster and ATI lowers.

View Quote

Aren't the previous generation Cav Arms poly lowers known for their incredible durability?
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 2:14:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

You've been here since 2001 and never heard of CavArms poly lowers?

Show me all the failures these lowers have had when produced by the try previous companies over the past 20+ years. I'll wait.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 2:41:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

While I would also prefer not to be a guinea pig, it's a $100 receiver, not a car. The changes from the Mk 2 don't appear to be anything  to risky and the internal structure was pretty much carried over according to Phagen.  That adds up to an acceptable risk to me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I won't be rushing out to buy one.  Maybe in a couple of years when real world feedback comes in and torture tests have been done I'll be more interested.

While I would also prefer not to be a guinea pig, it's a $100 receiver, not a car. The changes from the Mk 2 don't appear to be anything  to risky and the internal structure was pretty much carried over according to Phagen.  That adds up to an acceptable risk to me.

True, but I have several $35 stripped lowers already and enough parts to make several rifles.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 2:47:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I like the idea, and the time and effort they are putting into it, but....

Ian is in a black Hawaiian Shirt, and the other guy has a Karen Haircut.

What kind of customer service will you get when you ask to speak to the manager, and Karen answers?

Kidding, just kidding.
View Quote

You just draw a pentagram on the floor, say Black Lives Matter three times, and Karl appears.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 2:52:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

These rumors keep going around but no one ever gives a cite.  It was rumored that Ian was Antifastan's security director.  He's not.

Karl is a Satanist.  That doesn't make him Antifa.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Literally have zero intrest in this rifle. Especially now that it's come out that Karl has aligned himself with pinko commie scum. What would Stoner do?

These rumors keep going around but no one ever gives a cite.  It was rumored that Ian was Antifastan's security director.  He's not.

Yeah?  Well... It doesn't make him NOT antifa, either...
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 2:55:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I'll probably pick up a stripped one when they are available, just to play with.
View Quote

Ive been thinking bout another build and this will probably be the case.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 3:01:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
The AUG is a welded design of two halves. Doing very well since the 1970s. The Cav Arms Poly Lower is damn good.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The AUG is a welded design of two halves. Doing very well since the 1970s. The Cav Arms Poly Lower is damn good.

This. My Cav Arms lower is still going strong after (I think) 15 years? Including being my sister's knock around gun for a couple years. Not a single issue. I recently got it back from her and am trying to figure out something fun to build with it.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 3:02:41 PM EDT
[#26]
I've still got 5 CavArms lowers, I don't see much need to get a new updated version.  What's the actual benefits?

Link Posted: 6/19/2020 3:07:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What does the fire control pocket look like?  Hopefully they maximized the weight savings.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/19/2020 3:11:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
it was mentioned in the video that they are holding off on the pin placement until they have run a few through so they can verify the shrinkage
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 3:21:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

For the consumer it is actually cheaper.
$89 for a KE-15 polymer lower is the cheaper then your $39 forging, plus a $50 stock/receiver extension and $15 grip/screw. It actually comes out as cheaper and lighter.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
With superior Forged aluminum lowers selling for as low as $39 and A2 stock sets available, Why should anyone care??

For the consumer it is actually cheaper.
$89 for a KE-15 polymer lower is the cheaper then your $39 forging, plus a $50 stock/receiver extension and $15 grip/screw. It actually comes out as cheaper and lighter.

In the videos they talk about how the fixed stock length is pretty much what everyone sets their adjustable stocks to anyway.   One other issue is balance - IIRC they discussed that as well.  The stock balances out the barrel they used on the original WWSD rifle.   You could probably build a lighter aluminum lower with some kind of ultra light stock but it would likely be front heavy.   It's an interesting project.  Nice to see somebody trying to do something new and different.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 3:21:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ya, its already been done successfully. The original Cav15 designer had a lot of plastics experience, including mold making.

Apparently your experience is lacking, good thing no one consulted you.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 3:21:50 PM EDT
[#31]
I got a MKI and a MKII and I'll get this one.

Why no green!
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 3:37:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
No thanks. There are, IMHO, no advantages to making a lower from polymer. If an aluminum lower is too heavy for you, then you need to hit the gym.
View Quote

Talk to me when you blow up a metal lower.
Let me know if you can just glue it back together and keep rocking it a decade later.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 3:41:21 PM EDT
[#33]
@SinistralRifleman

Does this have the same grip thickness as a cav lower or did you make it thicker?
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 4:15:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I got a MKI and a MKII and I'll get this one.

Why no green!
View Quote

The MK1's were bolted together right?

Pics?

They're almost collectors items now
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 4:19:29 PM EDT
[#35]
I am  interested!
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 4:39:00 PM EDT
[#36]
80% when?
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 5:05:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
80% when?
View Quote

Never
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 5:16:28 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Has anyone posted before me telling you that you are wrong? Once upon a time I had a whole skittle colored collection of Cavarms lowers and they all assembled and functioned just fine.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 5:32:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Show me all the failures these lowers have had when produced by the try previous companies over the past 20+ years. I'll wait.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To be fair, the Cav Arms lowers I've got have various small problems with seam fusion in the mag well area, and the overall design of the buffer retainer plunger area could use improvement.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 5:40:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

To be fair, the Cav Arms lowers I've got have various small problems with seam fusion in the mag well area, and the overall design of the buffer retainer plunger area could use improvement.
View Quote

I had onne of the Cav-aid lowers and know what you mean. I remember having to scrape the flashing off the seams. The buffer retainer wasnt great, but Cavarms actually recommended not installing it. You dont actually need a buffer retaining plunger and at worse they can actually break and jam up the FCG.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 5:47:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 5:48:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, it just makes him an ideological retard who should be ignored.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 5:54:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Man, that is the key to your argument, that it's not enough weight reduction?
View Quote

You don’t know the difference between and argument and an opinion do you? I’m not making and argument, that would imply I care even a little for your opinion.

Link Posted: 6/19/2020 5:58:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I want one so bad. Alas I have two complete receiver sets sitting at home right now so I'll probably hold off for a bit. OD Green would be a great color option to add as well... hint hint.
View Quote

I don't know about the plastic on the newer ones but the older Cav-Arms plastic holds rattle can paint pretty well. Just be sure you like the color before you paint it, because it will not strip off anywhere near as easy as anodized aluminum.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 6:20:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 6:25:53 PM EDT
[#46]
Maybe I'm a little slow.....is this the new GWAC MkIII?
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 6:32:52 PM EDT
[#47]
No interest and would be concerned about creep, holes getting worn out, and manufacturing variation. If it had stamped metal inserts or a shell that was molded around maybe...
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 6:36:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 6:59:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I can get the dimensional thickness of the KP-15 outer walls from our engineers.  I don't have the old dimensions.
View Quote

Thanks. That had always been my only "meh" with them. The grip is just too tiny. Throw a grip sleeve on or wrap them with sports tape and they are perfect.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 7:18:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Where is that coupon good for?  Brownells?
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top