User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 5:28:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We are now "discovering" that all EM's in the Army are rapists.  Just like all incoming male college freshmen.

Hmmm.  I wonder if there's a repeat of a successful institutional erosion template at work here?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Uniformity is important and yes the details like the grooming standard do matter.  

This is total bullshit. Especially considering the fact that the military is downsizing. The US Army is going from 550,000 to 450,000 soldiers. Where is this need to relax anything when you can be even more selective in who enlists or receives a commission?  

I don't get the whole women in combat, gays, and now this crap when it's not being done to increase the number of eligible recruits to draw on to fight a war.

The left hates the military.

The only way to destroy it is from within, and that requires a cultural change.

Once complete. it will be acceptable to demonize former military members and vets as throwbacks and treat them as poorly as they were in the 70s.

We are now "discovering" that all EM's in the Army are rapists.  Just like all incoming male college freshmen.

Hmmm.  I wonder if there's a repeat of a successful institutional erosion template at work here?

They successfully killed (really drove underground) the Naval Aviator culture in the 90s.
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 6:06:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Desert_AIP

They successfully killed (really drove underground) the Naval Aviator culture in the 90s
View Quote

And the Navy/Air Force responded to the politial pressure by lifting restrictions on women flying combat aircraft.

Happened starting in 91.  [b]At the end of the Gulf War when, formerly, the military was basking in a period of high public esteem.

Hmmm.  All this talk of women in combat arms....and coincidentally all this talk about rape and "fixing" the Army and Marine Corps.  Coincidence?  I think not.

Tried and true template at work:

Rape!
PTSD!
Overmedicated!
War Crimes!
Racism!
Sexism!
Islamophobia!

"Somebody" needs to go in and straiten them out, those military types cannot be trusted. (Plus they have huge budget which the last bastion of American manufacturing is dependent upon for its existence...control that and you control them)
Link Posted: 1/22/2014 7:26:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

And the Navy/Air Force responded to the politial pressure by lifting restrictions on women flying combat aircraft.

Happened starting in 91.  [b]At the end of the Gulf War when, formerly, the military was basking in a period of high public esteem.

Hmmm.  All this talk of women in combat arms....and coincidentally all this talk about rape and "fixing" the Army and Marine Corps.  Coincidence?  I think not.

Rape!
PTSD!
Overmedicated!
War Crimes!
Racism!
Sexism!
Islamophobia!

"Somebody" needs to go in and straiten them out, those military types cannot be trusted. (Plus they have huge budget which the last bastion of American manufacturing is dependent upon for its existence...control that and you control them)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Originally Posted By Desert_AIP

They successfully killed (really drove underground) the Naval Aviator culture in the 90s

Rape!
PTSD!
Overmedicated!
War Crimes!
Racism!
Sexism!
Islamophobia!

I can't talk right now, I have a SAPR training I have to go to.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 5:40:55 AM EDT
[#4]
I have had a no shave chit. I was "out of uniform" as are these Sihks. Big deal, I had a reason not to shave as do the Sihks, we both were granted permission to be other than clean shaven.

If an observant Jew or a Sihk wear headgear different than issued but approved by headquarters I am ok with it. A green, black, or tan yarmulke isn't going to detract from the military appearance of a GI. Nor would an appropriate shade turban for a Sihk.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 5:42:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have had a no shave chit. I was "out of uniform" as are these Sihks. Big deal, I had a reason not to shave as do the Sihks, we both were granted permission to be other than clean shaven.

If an observant Jew or a Sihk wear headgear different than issued but approved by headquarters I am ok with it. A green, black, or tan yarmulke isn't going to detract from the military appearance of a GI. Nor would an appropriate shade turban for a Sihk.
View Quote

Thanks for you contribution snowflake.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 7:13:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

When were you drafted?
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 7:54:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

A no shave chit is a medical profile that is supposed be kept on you at all times and has to be renewed.  If there was still a draft I could understand this leeway for religion but not if you volunteered for it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 7:56:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Join the Army, follow the Army's rules.

What is the point in have rules if we are just going to make exceptions for everything and everyone?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We had a mess sergeant tell a Jewish kid to "take that fuckin' hat off when you are in my mess hall."

The Sgt. got an ass chewing from the Company Commander, and the kid kept his "hat" on.

This was in the late 1950s.

Join the Army, follow the Army's rules.

What is the point in have rules if we are just going to make exceptions for everything and everyone?

Agreed.
Link Posted: 1/23/2014 8:26:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do I get to wear a JAWB (just another white boy) patch?
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:13:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Juggalos Get Pentagon OK To Wear Religious Face Paint In Uniform

Juggalos are a small minority religion comprising approximately 33% of all Caucasian E-4 and below military members, and 0.02% of Caucasian members E-5 and above.  Juggalos follow the teachings of The Insane Clown Posse, or ICP.

Commander John ‘Murdah Klown’ Williams, the Navy’s first Juggalo Chaplain, said that he was elated by the decision.

"Juggalos have a deep and sincere belief in ICP, and accommodations for our religious expression have thus far been denied,” Williams told reporters. "It’s a watershed moment for muthafuckin tolerance and equality.”

"It’s gratifying to know that our religious garb is going to be treated with the same deference and respect as those funny little [Jewish] beanies and those stupid [turbans] those sick [sic] [Sikhs] are wearing over there.”

http://www.duffelblog.com/2014/01/military-juggalo/
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:22:11 PM EDT
[#11]

That man is a badass.

I have NO PROBLEM WHATSOVER with Sikhs in the service.

NONE.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 4:34:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm 47 and 300 pounds, who do I sue to get in?
View Quote

Shit that's all! You could join Canada's military and be one of the young healthy ones! Wear a beard and a turban too!
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 5:54:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
In 1976, the U.S. Army authorised Turbans, and Beards, for Sikhs. It was in Army Times, or whatever the
Magazine was called. The guys in my platoon thought it was cool. But we didn't have a Sikh in our whole Brigade.
View Quote

IIRC the PRIVATE that entered service in '76 retired as a COLONEL.

And a well respected colonel at that.
Link Posted: 1/28/2014 6:00:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Incidentally there are people that plead for the privilege to serve.

An entire BRANCH OF THE MILITARY has fought through the halls of congress to continue to serve.

Someone ought to look up the Marine Corps history and see what happened in '46 and '47 to none other than the Marine Corps.

Oddly enough, I wonder why the Sikhs go into the Army.

It strikes me that the Marine Corps ought to open their arms to them.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 4:48:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Incidentally there are people that plead for the privilege to serve.

An entire BRANCH OF THE MILITARY has fought through the halls of congress to continue to serve.

Someone ought to look up the Marine Corps history and see what happened in '46 and '47 to none other than the Marine Corps.

Oddly enough, I wonder why the Sikhs go into the Army.

It strikes me that the Marine Corps ought to open their arms to them.
View Quote

Because the marines actually care about standards.
Link Posted: 1/29/2014 5:00:01 AM EDT
[#16]

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top