Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/5/2016 12:15:29 PM EDT
http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/05/technology/paypal-north-carolina-lgbt/index.html

PayPal has canceled its plans to open a new global operations center in Charlotte, following passage of a North Carolina law that prevents cities from creating non-discrimination policies based on gender identity.

As a result, PayPal (PYPL, Tech30) says it will no longer open its facility in Charlotte, which was expected to employ 400 people. PayPal had announced its plans to open the operations center only two weeks ago.

The bill they are referencing?  Here's the gist of it:

House Bill 2, the Public Facilities Privacy & Security Act, puts in place a statewide policy that bans individuals from using public bathrooms that do not correspond to their biological sex.

"One of the biggest issues was about privacy," Moore said. "The way the ordinance was written by City Council in Charlotte, it would have allowed a man to go into a bathroom, locker or any changing facility, where women are -- even if he was a man. We were concerned. Obviously there is the security risk of a sexual predator, but there is the issue of privacy."

State Rep. Graig Meyer, a Democrat, said the "discriminatory law puts his health and safety at risk."

"When I arrived home tonight, my wife told me that one of her former students visited her at school today. The student told her that he now identifies as a transgender male," he posted on his Facebook page. "She loves this student. Today's discriminatory law puts his health and safety at risk. It's been a long time since I cried myself to sleep."
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:16:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Lulz

They screwed the city that actually tried to pass the law they agreed with.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:17:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, bye.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:20:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh noes
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:22:37 PM EDT
[#4]
We need that in Texas before we get overrun with more Californians.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:24:58 PM EDT
[#5]
They didn't bail over that law. They wanted out and this was a convenient excuse to do it while scoring points with the public.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:25:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Good - Fuck off

So when this does get repealed whats stopping me from going into the chicks bathroom from now on? Are they gonna have body part inspectors in the bathrooms?
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:26:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Paypal is anti-gun anyway, so I stopped using them long ago.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:26:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Whoa to those who call good - evil, and evil - good.

Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:26:31 PM EDT
[#9]
NC and all the other states will eventually cave.  Then taxpayers will be billed billions (over budget, of course) of dollars in converting or creating separate bathrooms and locker rooms for LBHGTQRSTUV students.  Think of every HS gym out there and what it would take to create separate locker rooms.  It literally changes the whole layout of these places.

I would rather just see unisex restrooms put in and just leave them be.  But then I predict there will be outrage because a boy/girl will eventually feel intimidated by a girl/boy in the same changing room.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:27:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They didn't bail over that law. They wanted out and this was a convenient excuse to do it while scoring points with the public.
View Quote
Exactly. As much as liberals would like to think business can run on feels, it really doesn't. They were hunting for an excuse.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:27:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:28:33 PM EDT
[#12]
So PayPal fucks over 400 people and there is no outrage?

BTW, how many transgender people on their fucking board?

Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:30:48 PM EDT
[#13]
It's getting real folks!

http://www.11alive.com/news/atlanta-mayor-reed-prohibits-city-employees-travel-to-north-carolina/119956838

What in the world will  NC do without the Ghetto of Kasim's flunkies?
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:31:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So PayPal fucks over 400 people and there is no outrage?

BTW, how many transgender people on their fucking board?

View Quote

None. PayPal doesn't give a fuck about transgender rights. Their stock is a strong sell and they're not doing well, so they cut plans for the new building and employees while putting it all on a social feels law.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:31:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Good - Fuck off

So when this does get repealed whats stopping me from going into the chicks bathroom from now on? Are they gonna have body part inspectors in the bathrooms?
View Quote

There should be a heavy dose of bathroom TROLLING in the states that pass laws to allow the trans bathroom shit.  You gotta turn it around on them and expose their fucking laws.

Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:32:35 PM EDT
[#16]
FPP

FNC
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:35:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's getting real folks!

http://www.11alive.com/news/atlanta-mayor-reed-prohibits-city-employees-travel-to-north-carolina/119956838
What in the world will  NC do without the Ghetto of Kasim's flunkies?
View Quote

Reed is a turd. It was funny when the NBA told him no thanks last week when he said Atlanta would love to host the 2017 All Star Game.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:35:55 PM EDT
[#18]
LOL "occupy bathroom".  Take a piece out of the BLM/Occupy Wall Street playbook.  Want to block the roads and block traffic and all that?  Fine, time to occupy bathrooms.

http://www.thestranger.com/blogs/slog/2016/02/17/23584290/conservative-trolls-have-been-suggesting-men-go-into-womens-restrooms-to-help-legislators-discriminate-against-trans-people
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:36:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Want to bet that they are accepting an offer that has better tax advantages to relocate it. This is just a way to save face on backing out.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:38:38 PM EDT
[#20]
This is not about civil rights, this is a take over, and an intolerant agenda that tries to destroy all that oppose it. Fuck PayPal, and fuck men that want to use the same bathroom as my daughter. If I came home as a boy and told my dad I self identified as a women I'd get a boot up my ass and disowned.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:39:11 PM EDT
[#21]
I doubt all 400 jobs would have gone to native Carolinians, likely they would have gone to imported Californians and H1B visa holders.

I'd say NC dodged a bullet there.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:40:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Good, move to Texas.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:40:39 PM EDT
[#23]
PayPal had announced its plans to open the operations center only two weeks ago.
View Quote

isnt that about the same time the law was passed?    so did they see that law was passed, THEN put out a notice they were going to build a center in that state... then said, well, NOT NOW !  RACISTS !

sounds like they MIGHT have invented a reason to impact the state., or make it sound like there was a impact, ..just to create some imaginary leverage.... where before they had no leverage..

Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:40:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Want to bet that they are accepting an offer that has better tax advantages to relocate it. This is just a way to save face on backing out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bingo.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:42:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Sounds like a "look at me" moment rather than a change of business plans.

FPP
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:43:22 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Good, move to Texas.
View Quote

Every time a leftist moves to Texas and complains to me about living here I tell them about how great Virginia is.

Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:43:48 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Paypal is anti-gun anyway, so I stopped using them long ago.
View Quote

Gunpal right?

Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:45:30 PM EDT
[#28]
If they only announced plans to open it a few weeks ago, they hadn't even started on it really. Probably hadn't even submitted prints to plan check yet.

Wake me up when they've broken ground and then decided to be "principled".

It's easy to do the "right thing" when it's...uh, easy.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:46:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Every time a leftist moves to Texas and complains to me about living here I tell them about how great Virginia is.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Good, move to Texas.

Well I'd hate to see a few Californians that Gov. Goodhair missed when he tried to woo them to Texas.....That's his legacy don't you know.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:48:09 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I doubt all 400 jobs would have gone to native Carolinians, likely they would have gone to imported Californians and H1B visa holders.

View Quote
This we didn't want them anyway

Hopefully all of the liberal fucks will be banned from entering the state

McCroy better stand his ground on this.

Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:50:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now, if you guys could only do something about your state troopers.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:50:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

McCroy is part of the good ole boy crew.. I don't see him backing down. But I do see the libs digging up some of his past (IE Duke Energy, ect) to smear him down
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 12:56:05 PM EDT
[#33]
GayPal
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:02:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Someone fill me in on the bill....

They're mad cause NC won't let some chick with a dick stare at my slong while I take a piss?

Is that the basic version of this?
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:04:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

There should be a heavy dose of bathroom TROLLING in the states that pass laws to allow the trans bathroom shit.  You gotta turn it around on them and expose their fucking laws.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good - Fuck off

I personally welcome the fact that the other 50% of humanity will be able to experience the joy of sitting in my piss.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:04:14 PM EDT
[#36]
I hope they hold their ground on this.

I'm actually surprised at the outcry about this.

Seriously though, what percentage of the population identifies as gay or transgender?

Tough shit, 1% of the population can't dictate the other 99%.

Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:06:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

State Rep. Graig Meyer, a Democrat, said the "discriminatory law puts his health and safety at risk."

"When I arrived home tonight, my wife told me that one of her former students visited her at school today. The student told her that he now identifies as a transgender male," he posted on his Facebook page. "She loves this student. Today's discriminatory law puts his health and safety at risk. It's been a long time since I cried myself to sleep".
View Quote

Of course they always trot out a woman pretending to be a man for sympathy, not some Buffalo Bill freakshow.

But that's how the game is played on friggin' Clown World, where we have to pass a goddamn law to stop men cosplaying as women from standing around in the ladies room with our wives and daughters.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:07:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

They're mad cause NC won't let some chick with a dick stare at my slong while I take a piss?

View Quote

Charlotte passed a resolution to allow people to use the restroom that they feel they identify with. State government said you can't do that and made it a state law.

So, if not for the state law in Charlotte a man could go into the woman's restroom.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:08:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Paypal - "We hate discrimination and are against it in all forms... unless if you are a 2a supporter"

Fuck paypal.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:08:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

As near as I can figure (my level of interest on this stuff is almost nil - I don't live there, after all) NC passed a law that prohibits municipalities from enacting their own laws that require gender neutral bathrooms. It's some kind of kooky pre-emption law, but for shitters.

Anyway...as far as I know, this doesn't prohibit a private business from providing gender neutral bathrooms if they want. They're more than welcome to, and the State of North Carolina couldn't give a shit. And that's fine by me, as I really think this is something that should be left entirely to the property owner.

That's my understanding anyway. And I'm probably ignoring some important details.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:09:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

The opposite actually. They want the chick with a dick to piss where dudes with dicks piss.

Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:11:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Charlotte passed a resolution to allow people to use the restroom that they feel they identify with. State government said you can't do that and made it a state law.

So, if not for the state law in Charlotte a man could go into the woman's restroom.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got it. Cause I don't want anyone staring at my shit man. Unless it's a hot hooker.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:12:17 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:12:42 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

While I agree they should stop doing that, I think the word you are seeking is woe...

Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:13:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

As near as I can figure (my level of interest on this stuff is almost nil - I don't live there, after all) NC passed a law that prohibits municipalities from enacting their own laws that require gender neutral bathrooms. It's some kind of kookly pre-emption law, but for shitters.

Anyway...as far as I know, this doesn't prohibit a private business from providing gender neutral bathrooms if they want. They're more than welcome to, and the State of North Carolina couldn't give a shit. And that's fine by me, as I really think this is something that should be left entirely to the property owner.

That's my understanding anyway. And I'm probably ignoring some important details.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As near as I can figure (my level of interest on this stuff is almost nil - I don't live there, after all) NC passed a law that prohibits municipalities from enacting their own laws that require gender neutral bathrooms. It's some kind of kookly pre-emption law, but for shitters.

That's what I got out of the whole thing.....Heaven forbid that a business is able to choose a one size fits most shitter on their own hook or not.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:17:28 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That's what I got out of the whole thing.....Heaven forbid that a business is able to choose a one size fits most shitter on their own hook or not.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would the sign have like one of those female figure outlines with a dong coming out of the skirt? With a coexist sticker under it?

As fucking stupid as me being an ass sounds is seriously how all this plays out. Wtf world do we live in
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:17:47 PM EDT
[#47]
Paypal is super anti-gun so fuck em, I don't use their service and don't give a shit what their shit opinions are on social issues.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:22:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good - Fuck off

Exactly. I'm tempted to do so much damage inside of a women's restroom stall that it would make that Ryan's Steakhouse bathroom look like an operating room.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:22:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Why can't they do it now?  1:50 in.
https://youtu.be/GwMucLeqw2E
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Move to NY, we'll pass a law requiring tigers to be able to use whatever bathroom they want

Why can't they do it now?  1:50 in.
https://youtu.be/GwMucLeqw2E

Aside from being a long video of some guy slowly cruising around on a snowmobile and stopping near a zoo, what did I miss? I saw zero relevance to this thread? Did you link the wrong vid?

Sorry, I see now there was a tiger there.
Link Posted: 4/5/2016 1:26:43 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

While I agree they should stop doing that, I think the word you are seeking is woe...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, what if it was Keanu Reeves saying it?!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top