Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:03:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Finally finished both videos. It was time that could have been better spent.

Paul Harrell humbly goes to great length to explain everything on all of his videos for the benefit of the viewer so that folks even slower than me get it. (Mr. Harrell also tells you how to skip to the point if you prefer) He is also reluctant to mention his own accomplishments. This video is no different.

Beardy foul mouthed inky douchbag manlet indulges himself in more ways than one to his own perceived benefit and brags about himself while he wears cut off sleeves so everyone can see his douchey ink just in case they missed how full of himself he is. While he does an excellent exhibition shoot, it is very short and easily could have been repeated a hundred times in an hour of filming. Hell I could get that right given enough time. And I’m basically retarded.

Something else stands out.  Paul Harrell doesn’t seem to spend much time on his appearance. This is not meant as a slight. He just doesn’t waste time on silly things. He can also grow an excellent beard.

Beardy douchbag has a carefully hairsprayed combover and patchy beard. It looks like crap. Yet he obviously spends considerable time on his own vanity. Fail.

Beady inky dinky drinky douchbag has no standing.
View Quote

Good summary.  

I also have to hand it to Harrell...if the man was just speaking with no cue cards or prompter (I saw no notes and his eyes were on the camera most of the time), he is a magnitude order better than I ever would be at speaking in a string. Few edit cuts either. If I'd tried that presentation, you all would be "WTF is wrong with that guy?  He owns guns?"  
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:10:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I like Paul, but his videos make me sad...

I see him shoot a perfectly edible pork shoulder and it makes me go "I could have ate that"...
View Quote

You must hate Lynn Thompson of coldsteel.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:10:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The man child had to follow up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sSOeqMfJbI
View Quote

LOL, yeah that's not going to backfire on him at all.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:12:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I think he’s talking about this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuPnUOoz6nk
View Quote

Guy seems wired tight.  And overly dramatic.

Whether he is right or wrong, he should have some cranberry juice.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:14:59 PM EDT
[#5]
The wonder of youtu.be is you can have virtual purse fights with whoever you want.

Paul is legit, who's the other turd?
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:18:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

There are a lot of good medieval weapons channels on youtube.

If I'm gonna kill a TP raider with something from the 1700's its going to be a big ass pike or a saber.

A tripod mounted punt gun aimed at the front door would be pretty sweet though.
View Quote

One of these, mounted on a rolling stand, would make nice home décor.  It would also be nice for clearing home invading boarders who've just breached the security of the back door.  

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:21:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I stand with paul
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:22:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:22:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Do you inkies see why we detest you?

View Quote

Generalize much?  

I detest ink, but there are a few YT inkies that I like to watch. Matt Best makes some hilarious gun stuff and one of my favorite fishing channels is Texas Fishing Force. The latter even has neck tats.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:26:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Giddings is an arrogant twerp, but where is he wrong?  His substantive criticisms of Harrell’s techniques are damning, and no one has offered any refutation.

P.S., I don’t have time to watch an hour long reply.

P.P.S.  Internet feuds are stupid.
View Quote

Watch the video. Dicksuckers video isnt damning, its edited to make paul look wrong.

Paul refuted his claims in the video, we dont have to.

Gun nuts dude is a fucking meat flute playing retard.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:35:42 PM EDT
[#11]
The faggy looking guy talks like a snarky 13 year old girl.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:38:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Lol at the gun nuts video and the revolver moon clip and speed loader “comparison.”
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:40:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Small revolvers have several advantages, firing from the pocket or pressing them against the target.
View Quote

Wife and I carried five shot Rossi snubs twenty years before going Glocky. She carried in a purse. Purses had gun pockets. She practiced shooting through old purses from second hand store. Works amazingly well at bad breath distance with some practice. I often carried mine I a jacket pocket or in my pants. Luckily, mine was the only one either of us ever had to draw on someone. He was smart enough to realize a five shot .38 was superior to a knife.  

I wish now I'd not sold those little .38s. They were great little revolvers for the price.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:43:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Harrell was even class enough to give the guy an out to save himself. He mentioned the alcohol a few times.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:46:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The shot timer I own is probably older than anyone named "Caleb".
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Caleb Giddings is arrogant.  I get that.  

However, I wonder:
1) How many folks commenting here own a shot timer
2) Know what a FAST drill is

Harrell's video on revolver reloads would be more informative if he had used a shot timer.

The shot timer I own is probably older than anyone named "Caleb".

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:48:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Well Gun Nut-less post a video to the rebuttal...

Acting like a martyr.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 5:35:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I just finished watching it and that gunnuts guy is an ass
View Quote

Yep, he is acting like an asshole.

But he isn’t wrong.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 5:39:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Some internet dudes are getting into a YouTube purse swinging contest over trivial details about some antiquated firearm technology?

My rebuttal:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 5:52:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The faggy looking guy talks like a snarky 13 year old girl.
View Quote

Irony be a thang yo.

Where the hell did ARF go?

You lot are yammering like a bunch of old women:
1.  he is an arrogant POS
2.  Air Force, yuck
3.  faggy looking
4.  linguini arms
5.  tats - ewww
6.  etc.

Caleb Giddings has real skills with a pistol, and he shows his skills on video without cuts and with a timer.  Paul Harrell should have used a shot timer in the particular video that Giddings hammered.  Without a shot timer, the video is "nice" but useless.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 5:54:10 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

That is one of very few things on this site that has made me literally laugh out loud. Cheers to you, you silly fucker.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 6:02:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Anyone notice at the end of numb nuts video, he demonstrates how to rapid reload a revolver.

He does exactly what he's bitching about Paul for doing. Slapping the ejector.

I watched a couple of numb nut media's videos years ago, not for me.

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 6:03:31 PM EDT
[#22]
That was a total and complete burn by Paul . Good job
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 6:07:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I was checking out youtube and noticed Paul Harrell had a new video up.  I really enjoy his videos so I checked it out.  He seems to be talking about James Yeager and some Caleb guy?  I'm not very familiar with them.

Why would they be bashing on Paul?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPw3oz9psnc
View Quote

God damn, I don't care if that guy is Gun Jesus, get to the fucking point. I got 7 Minutes in and all I heard him do was explain how he was long-winded, trying to justify it.  Got it, thanks.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 6:18:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Paul is a gentleman and a scholar.

I watched the entire video.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 6:25:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Paul called me out on the M1a vs m1 Garand vid from last week.

Was simply showing how the M1a is superior to the m1 and listed 9 or so reasons.
[edit 3/26/20]My initial post for context:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/170028/07ECAB90-A326-4B32-BEA9-AF64ACE4F995_jpe-1336474.JPG
This was his response:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/170028/506E6C77-367D-4B06-9411-83D392992953_jpe-1335805.JPG

He seems he can’t handle difference of opinions.

Still like the guy. He just needs to stick to his style and ignore the haters.

He has unique videos and I’ve learned a lot, just a little too thin skinned. If he sticks around, he will harden up just fine.
View Quote

To be fair, you did miss his point. The M1 was absolutely fantasticly great *for its time*, while the M14 really really sucked *for its time*.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 6:26:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

To be fair, you did miss his point. The M1 was absolutely fantasticly great *for its time*, while the M14 really really sucked *for its time*.
View Quote

Yeah...wasn't gonna say anything but....yeah.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 6:33:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

But he isn’t wrong.
View Quote

Different means to an end. Harrell’s technique is for hunting or fighting and watching your target. Makes perfect sense. The challenger has a faster style for competition. Harrell has been there and done that and makes a compelling argument for being able to operate the gun without looking.

Just because he’s not wrong doesn’t mean he’s right. Plus he did show stuff edited to his point disingenuously.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 6:36:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Harrell's videos are good to go.  Other guy is a douche nozzle.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 6:41:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Different means to an end. Harrell’s technique is for hunting or fighting and watching your target. Makes perfect sense. The challenger has a faster style for competition. Harrell has been there and done that and makes a compelling argument for being able to operate the gun without looking.

Just because he’s not wrong doesn’t mean he’s right. Plus he did show stuff edited to his point disingenuously.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But he isn’t wrong.

The thing is that Mr. Harrell absolutely did say in the original video NumbNuts was talking about that if you were unsure about your reload skills, to LOOK at the revolver. NumbNuts' rebuttal was a word for word quote of Harrell, after dishonestly editing Harrell's video.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 6:43:32 PM EDT
[#30]
@dcat
Quoted:

However, I wonder:

Harrell's video on revolver reloads would be more informative if he had used a shot timer.

View Quote

I own a timer, have shot the FAST drill, and am an alumni of AFHF.

Caleb can probably outshoot me but I find his videos to be a bit immature.  I've also witnessed some things in his personal life that make me doubt his character.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 7:41:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

One of these, mounted on a rolling stand, would make nice home décor.  It would also be nice for clearing home invading boarders who've just breached the security of the back door.  

http://www.loyalistarms.freeservers.com/smallswivel2_edited.jpg
View Quote

Who doesn't have a few cannons and mortars around the house?
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 7:50:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

@dcat

Caleb can probably outshoot me but I find his videos to be a bit immature.  I've also witnessed some things in his personal life that make me doubt his character.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

@dcat
Quoted:

However, I wonder:

None of which refutes his basic criticism of the Paul Harrell video.

Current count of shot timer owners in this thread = 3
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 7:52:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Did someone read his Wiki entry?  I found it through the Top-Shot page after that was mentioned.

Caleb Giddings

Read it before it gets changed back LULz
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 7:55:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Did someone read his Wiki entry?  I found it through the Top-Shot page after that was mentioned.

Caleb Giddings

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Caleb Giddings

Caleb "Sissy" Giddings is a competitive shooter and blogger. He is the founder of Gun Nuts Media, a popular website and blog among competitive shooters. He is also known for competing in the first season of History Channel's marksmen competition Top Shot.

Biography.On March 26 2020, Giddings was absolutely obliterated when Paul Harrell picked his slanderous video to shreds in a 1 hour slam dunking marathon. Legend has it that Caleb is now speaking at least 1 octave higher, may God have mercy on his soul.

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 7:58:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Irony be a thang yo.

Where the hell did ARF go?

You lot are yammering like a bunch of old women:
1.  he is an arrogant POS
2.  Air Force, yuck
3.  faggy looking
4.  linguini arms
5.  tats - ewww
6.  etc.

Caleb Giddings has real skills with a pistol, and he shows his skills on video without cuts and with a timer.  Paul Harrell should have used a shot timer in the particular video that Giddings hammered.  Without a shot timer, the video is "nice" but useless.
View Quote

I don't think anybody has SERIOUS issues with his faggy looks or women's arms. Or the fact that he tries to use "air force" as street cred (LOL). But these all become worthy targets however, when he's acting like such a fucking nerd - desperately grasping for attention like a zitfaced teenager.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

lmfao
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:05:20 PM EDT
[#37]
I like Paul’s videos. Can’t believe someone would just bag on him.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:16:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Caleb Giddings

View Quote

Thank you for that LOL.

Paul is long winded and reminds me of some of my dads shooting buddies.
 I like him a lot and would love to shoot pistols with him...but he is on the
far side of the country.

Too bad he has won so few competitions...oops, I meant the bitch caleb.

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:20:10 PM EDT
[#39]
The gunnuts guy is a smarmy cocksucker.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:22:14 PM EDT
[#40]
My first thought after watching that Caleb guy is he drinks like a bottom, talks like a bottom and has a fundamental ignorance of fine motor skill degradation under stress.

But it's just a thought and I'm not interested in seeing any more of his videos to confirm or deny.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:24:18 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
What kind of douche makes a video ranting against Paul Harrell?

I don't even need to know the other dude to know he's a fucking asshole.  Paul is the real deal.

View Quote

Somebody looking to create clicks to his own media and build a name.  

Watch him make an apology video after so many clicks/views and move on to a different douchy topic.

Meanwhile Harrell is just actually having fun and somewhat educating but must rebuke the BS.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:30:33 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
It's silly but, Caleb's style has always been the clickbait thing. He can be abrasive at times, and he loves "slaying the sacred cow."  Presentation aside, nothing he said was factually incorrect. Unlike Harrell, who looks like a soup sandwich.

Edited for spelling.
View Quote

Insert Trump wrong meme
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:34:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Caleb Giddings

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:40:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Exactly, he's intelligent and well spoken. It's a shame some get so impatient    and can't appreciate a well spoken man. A man who uses great quotes from other intelligent people.
They might learn something.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:42:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Some internet dudes are getting into a YouTube purse swinging contest over trivial details about some antiquated firearm technology?

My rebuttal:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/idgas_zpsiohwxh7k_GIF-112.gif

View Quote

an upstart asshole is attacking an established good 2a guy with integrrity

the platform and its efficacy is not germane
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 8:49:38 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I really like Harrell’s no nonsense low hype videos.
View Quote

+1. He is a cool mofo and doesn't need to act all spaztic to get views
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 9:03:39 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Exactly, he's intelligent and well spoken. It's a shame some get so impatient    and can't appreciate a well spoken man. A man who uses great quotes from other intelligent people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not always in the mood for Paul's style, but when I am, I utterly enjoy hearing someone go into detail like he does, because I'm exactly the same way and tend to get frustrated when people don't want to hear how I came to the conclusions that I did because I find those details fascinating
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 9:04:53 PM EDT
[#48]
Paul Harrell is a credit to the shooting community.

I'd rather be stuck in an elevator with Paul, than with Gheyleb.

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 9:11:59 PM EDT
[#49]
I wonder if the Gun Nuts dickbag has ever considered deleting his channel? He disabled comments so we already know that he can't handle the criticism, plus the internet would be a less shittier place without him contributing his garbage. I hope he puts serious thought into an exit strategy.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 9:14:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Caleb Giddings

View Quote

lol
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top