Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:00:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Caleb dude could’ve been courteous and politely disagreed, corrected, etc. and tipped his hat to Paul. Instead he bitched and whined and came off as the world’s most arrogant douchenozzle.

Just started the Paul one but this is a silly slap-fight already.
View Quote

Caleb doesn't come off AS the world's most arrogant douchenozzle.

Caleb IS the world's most arrogant douchenozzle.

He spreads his brand of crap far and wide, he's even graced the comments at my little blog.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:00:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I like Paul. He does a good job. He isn't the most current in terms of tactical stuff, but that's OK. I like the '80s vibe.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:00:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Caleb doesn't come off AS the world's most arrogant douchenozzle.

Caleb IS the world's most arrogant douchenozzle.

He spreads his brand of crap far and wide, he's even graced the comments at my little blog.
View Quote

His voice sounds like his balls never dropped.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:01:30 PM EDT
[#4]
He mentioned he's in the air force? The douche.

What is it with air force guys not at all being busy and having to spread their bullshit to youtube?
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:03:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:07:25 PM EDT
[#6]
The man child had to follow up:

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:10:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Side note. A great example of how to disagree on YouTube is the medieval history channels.

Metatron, Skallagrim, Lindybeige, scholagladiatoria, Shadiversity, etc. I’ve seen them disagree on stuff, do rebuttals and dissections of each other, but be extremely polite and brotherly about it. I actually like when they have debates, because it’s a learning experience for everyone involved.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:10:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Which has to be one of the dumbest things to argue about. I love wheel guns, I grew up shooting them and I carried them for a long time. This is my personal opinion but to me, revolvers are obsolescent. Low capacity, slow reloads, and when it comes to the smaller, lighter snubbies, can be a handful in regards to recoil. With all the micro .380s and 9mms on the market there just isn't a reason to carry a revolver when you can get something just a light, with a higher capacity, faster to reload, and is often smaller and thinner and easier to manage when firing. That said when I'm feeling nostalgic every now and then I'll toss my M&P 340 or 342Ti in my ankle holster and carry one as a back up. They just are not my first choice anymore.
View Quote

Small revolvers have several advantages, firing from the pocket or pressing them against the target.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:12:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Some back story would also be helpful. Caleb started to rise to fame when he was on the show "Top Shot" first season, that was around 2010! He was eliminated in a head to head on that show and took it like a Man, the exit interview is on youtube. He started gun nuts media, married a cute redhead named Shelley and started to get popular. He shot USPSA and some other sanctioned stuff. Fast forward to today, he was divorced, remarried I believe, joined the military in the reserves or guard, works in a gun shop, moved to Florida and is only fractionally as popular as he was. Meanwhile, Paul Harrell is absolutely lit.

Caleb is acting like a dick, but he can be redeemed. I was a Caleb fan a long time ago, not today. I am all in on Paul Harrell as he is my kind of boomer autist. Caleb should apologize, fly to Oregon and hug it out.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:13:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sSOeqMfJbI
View Quote

This guy is really full of himself.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:15:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I watched the entire thing.

Paul Harrell is a treasure and that gun nuts guy sounds like a cock smoking retard.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:18:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Small revolvers have several advantages, firing from the pocket or pressing them against the target.
View Quote

I don't disagree. That's why I said obsolescent and not obsolete. I think revolvers still have a place but in regards to SD the cons quickly out weigh the pros.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:19:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Caleb dude could’ve been courteous and politely disagreed, corrected, etc. and tipped his hat to Paul. Instead he bitched and whined and came off as the world’s most arrogant douchenozzle.

Just started the Paul one but this is a silly slap-fight already.
View Quote

I don't think it's much of a slap fight.  Paul put the beatdown on him with the table of shooting awards at the end.  If the other dude was smart he'd stfu and go away but he's not so there will be another vid.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:22:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Side note. A great example of how to disagree on YouTube is the medieval history channels.

Metatron, Skallagrim, Lindybeige, scholagladiatoria, Shadiversity, etc. I’ve seen them disagree on stuff, do rebuttals and dissections of each other, but be extremely polite and brotherly about it. I actually like when they have debates, because it’s a learning experience for everyone involved.
View Quote

I suspect less investment in thinking you have all the answers.

There is a lot of thin skin in gun and martial arts communities because people think they know things. In martial arts it is mostly with the traditional martial artists who think their kung fu is bad ass. There is less of that in BJJ or MMA gyms because you have a sound way to determine how effective you are.

The medieval stuff is understood to be based upon historical texts, analysis of weapons and how they might have been used, forensics data, etc. So it is understood that it is a search for truth but with less solid understanding, and more willingness to admit your theory might be wrong.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:23:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Paul is an educator.

Gun Nutsack is a wannabe know-it-all.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:24:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I think he's talking about this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuPnUOoz6nk
View Quote
Looks like some nobody attention whoring for more page clicks.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:27:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
There is a lot of thin skin in gun and martial arts communities because people think they know things.
View Quote

Ain't that the truth.   That kind of shit makes me avoid Youtube like the plague.   Every nose picking jackwagon with a Glock and 2 hours of range time under their belt, along with a video camera and Internet connection seems to be trying to pass himself off as an expert.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:29:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sSOeqMfJbI
View Quote

I’m not going to give him the click, I’m assuming he didn’t offer up a humble apology?
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:33:43 PM EDT
[#19]
+1 for Paul Harrell. I have received a lot of good information off his videos and he seems to be a honest guy just looking to spread knowledge. He also seems to have a good set of credentials and experience to back it. I can see someone not liking the delivery maybe, but the information is very solid.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:38:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I just finished watching it and that gunnuts guy is an ass
View Quote

He sure is.  But he decided to turn off comments on his video, probably because he got his ass roasted at first.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:41:48 PM EDT
[#21]
I like Paul but he would do better to not play in this arena (internet feuds) and not to try and dumb us down with "advised" comment. He could just reply in the comments and that would make his case.

dancing for clicks really kills once good channels.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:42:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Caleb Giddings is arrogant.  I get that.  

However, I wonder:
1) How many folks commenting here own a shot timer
2) Know what a FAST drill is

Harrell's video on revolver reloads would be more informative if he had used a shot timer.

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:43:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I’m not going to give him the click, I’m assuming he didn’t offer up a humble apology?
View Quote

No apology, no explanation regarding the editing of Pauls clips that he presented, explaining he turned off comments due to hate speech that was being posted, never addressed why he bothered to turn off the like/dislike..

Oh, and he stated he doesn't have enough time in his day to watch Paul's rebuttal video.

But.. he appreciates the traffic Paul provided for him.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:44:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Caleb Giddings is arrogant.  I get that.  

However, I wonder:
1) How many folks commenting here own a shot timer
2) Know what a FAST drill is

Harrell's video on revolver reloads would be more informative if he had used a shot timer.

View Quote

The shot timer I own is probably older than anyone named "Caleb".
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:49:53 PM EDT
[#25]
I'd never heard of this gun nuts guy before. Like someone already said, you know he's got to have an account here. A too cool for school try hard that always thinks he's the smartest person in the room.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:52:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Metatron, Skallagrim, Lindybeige, scholagladiatoria, Shadiversity, etc. I've seen them disagree on stuff, do rebuttals and dissections of each other, but be extremely polite and brotherly about it. I actually like when they have debates, because it's a learning experience for everyone involved.
View Quote
Yep.

And then, recently, NUsensei had to go off on a reddit attack on Shad in which he badly mischaracterized how Shad had presented his points and conclusions on a historical archery topic.  I don't know if he did it intentionally, or just grossly misunderstood, but his post was a lot of straw man, and kicked off a tiff there.  Still got reasonably settled off stage in a discussion between the two, unlike gun channels.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 12:58:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No apology, no explanation regarding the editing of Pauls clips that he presented, explaining he turned off comments due to hate speech that was being posted, never addressed why he bothered to turn off the like/dislike..

Oh, and he stated he doesn't have enough time in his day to watch Paul's rebuttal video.

But.. he appreciates the traffic Paul provided for him.
View Quote

Exactly what I figured, and subsequently, exactly why I didn’t give him the click.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 1:12:13 PM EDT
[#28]
The last five minutes of Mr. Harrel's video is pure gold.

I like is content and know that he is well based in his knowledge.

If you  tell lies about someone - you do not deserve to have a platform.  Would love to see Youtube use some of that rule keeping and put gun nutsack out of his misery.

LOL

Red
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 1:14:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I really like Harrell’s no nonsense low hype videos.
View Quote

Agreed!

Anybody watch Caleb when he was on top shot? Guess what, drama there too.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 1:16:45 PM EDT
[#30]
I find Harrell’s videos enjoyable and educational.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 1:28:35 PM EDT
[#31]
I trust Paul's advice and will continue to do so.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 1:33:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed. I think revolvers still have an application in the subcompact carry gun role.

Pocket autos tend to not have the most stellar reliability. There is also a performance differential. JMO but 6 rounds of 90gr 380 < 5 rounds of 158gr 38 Special. Especially when you consider that you can get 38 special loads that will get sufficient penetration with JHP, whereas with 380 you have to use FMJ to get the minimum needed penetration.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 1:37:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Giddings is an arrogant twerp, but where is he wrong?  His substantive criticisms of Harrell’s techniques are damning, and no one has offered any refutation.

P.S., I don’t have time to watch an hour long reply.

P.P.S.  Internet feuds are stupid.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 1:39:18 PM EDT
[#34]
This is all the typical social media recipe:

1) Have a crappy youtube channel with a small following and a big head.

2) Pick a successful and highly liked youtube personality

3) Make a video personally attacking them (sounding and looking like a douche helps)

4) Get lots of exposure (even negative exposure is exposure)

5) Bonus points if the person you attacked makes a rebuttal because it brings some legitimacy to your crappy personality and will bring more clicks

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 1:46:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I just finished watching it and that gunnuts guy is an ass
View Quote

I couldn’t finish watching it so you are a better man than I. The only impression I got was the guy has serious Paul Harrell envy and he has a drinking problem.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 1:46:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Giddings is an arrogant twerp, but where is he wrong?  His substantive criticisms of Harrell’s techniques are damning, and no one has offered any refutation.

View Quote

It wasn’t that he was wrong, it’s that he purposefully lied to intentionally mislead viewers such as yourself who want to comment on something you, yourself, claim you won’t watch.

You’re his target audience.

The rest of us watched the rebuttal, saw him intentionally lie about every last thing, and have formed educated opinions on the subject at hand.

Edit: him being Caleb, the liar.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:02:06 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
A guy who is (was?) a YouTuber admitted once that straight up reviews sometimes get no clicks and since you don't make money, why waste the time and effort making the video? But if you find some competitor making similar products or videos and call him a cunt, then all of sudden you're making money.

Why did that family with a "reality" tv show making pimped out harleys have constant scripted fights? Why did those duck call guys have fake Cub Scout camp skit fake adventures?

Because few people want to sit and watch a half hour of some guy driving his Camry to the office in his polo shirt and dockers sit at his desk and chat up distributors and crab at suppliers. So you grow out a beard, drive a truck to work, wear camo from some sponsor like you might shoot a duck from
your desk and pretend you spend your 8-5 workday hunting and getting into hijinks like Gomer Pyle.

Watching Harrell is like spending your lunch break with the droning guy who taught your hunter safety class in high school. Your dad told you he was in Korea and was the one guy in town who flew to Alaska once a year to hunt and had shit like polar bear heads over his TV.

But you day dreamed about those oh a bit too high hems on those uniforms the girls from Catholic school wore and wondered if the kind of stupid kid down the road had any pot you could buy.

Now that there's an internet you can spend all day listening to your dad's boring friend (Harrell) drone on about defensive use of revolvers, what shot size for snipe and where he gets the particular carhart  jacket he wears.

Of course some youtard will decide that calling out dad's boring friend will make him as much as three weeks at his regular job as a dispatcher at the 911 call center or managing the TGI Friday's, or whatever he does.

Rather than catch on that this is a trap, Harrell's going to trot out his high power shooting ribbons, modestly talk about his military service and explain again about the time he shot a drunk guy while camping.

Harrells followers, who might be a little less savy about the other guy's shenanigans, will go over and click the other guy's video making him money (the business model). Of course the other guy knows snotty douches will enjoy him snarking at Dad's Boring Buddy and the regular joes who like Dad's Boring Buddy will mutter how tue other looks like that punk from the 911 center who everyone in town is suspicious of for not having kids and they think he drives an hour into the nearest big city and sings as a drag queen.
View Quote

@Subnet

Is there a way to build a script that will grab Aimless' posts between 1 am and 5 am? Because those are my favorites
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:06:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Claims criticisms are damning.

Claims no one has refuted it.

Didn't watch video.

This is called a "low information" post.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:07:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Some back story would also be helpful. Caleb started to rise to fame when he was on the show "Top Shot" first season, that was around 2010! He was eliminated in a head to head on that show and took it like a Man, the exit interview is on youtube. He started gun nuts media, married a cute redhead named Shelley and started to get popular. He shot USPSA and some other sanctioned stuff. Fast forward to today, he was divorced, remarried I believe, joined the military in the reserves or guard, works in a gun shop, moved to Florida and is only fractionally as popular as he was. Meanwhile, Paul Harrell is absolutely lit.

Caleb is acting like a dick, but he can be redeemed. I was a Caleb fan a long time ago, not today. I am all in on Paul Harrell as he is my kind of boomer autist. Caleb should apologize, fly to Oregon and hug it out.
View Quote

I thought the name Caleb sounded familiar.

It seems odd that for all the guns I own I watch almost no gun channels on YouTube. Most of the presenters bug the crap out of me, and I hate the thrash-metal intros many of those guys are fond of. The only one I really like is Taofledermaus, because they look like they are genuinely having fun.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:46:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:52:04 PM EDT
[#41]
I just started watching the Gun Nuts Media video. That guy comes across as the male version of " I'd like to speak to a manager "
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 2:52:12 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Didn't watch video.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't watch video.

No one in this thread has offered a refutation,I.e. a defense of Harrell’s techniques, just attacks on Giddings’ manner of presentation.  I put Harrell on in the background - holy crap does he beat around the bush. I got to about 45 minutes.

ETA:  I finished it. Giddings is a huge jerk, Harrell is mad online, most of Giddings’s criticisms were not addressed.  

No one looks good in this.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:22:40 PM EDT
[#43]
It's silly but, Caleb's style has always been the clickbait thing. He can be abrasive at times, and he loves "slaying the sacred cow."  Presentation aside, nothing he said was factually incorrect. Unlike Harrell, who looks like a soup sandwich.

Edited for spelling.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:42:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Holy shit, Gun Nuts Media has been at it for 11 years and only has 53,000 followers. Ouch.
View Quote

I've been watching Youtube gun videos for at least 11 years now, and I've never even once seen a video from this Caleb guy. And I've sat through nutn fancy and TYM videos because youtube served them.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:49:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I've been watching Youtube gun videos for at least 11 years now, and I've never even once seen a video from this Caleb guy. And I've sat through nutn fancy and TYM videos because youtube served them.
View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:49:31 PM EDT
[#46]
I wasn't impressed with Mr. Linguini arms. Looks like Beto confiscated his guns already.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:56:41 PM EDT
[#47]
The only Paul video I have ever seen.

I think I'll watch more. Even if I don't agree.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:57:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Yeah, that's an hour video. I'm not sitting through that, cliff notes?
View Quote

In the video Harrell quotes Mark Twain: "A lie can be halfway across the country before the truth can get it's boots on"  

That is why he took an hour.
Link Posted: 3/27/2020 3:58:29 PM EDT
[#49]
How to hemorrhage YT subscribers....by Gun Nuts Media

Link Posted: 3/27/2020 4:00:43 PM EDT
[#50]
I like Paul, but his videos make me sad...

I see him shoot a perfectly edible pork shoulder and it makes me go "I could have ate that"...
Page / 15
Top Top