Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:11:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:
(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:
(A) to prevent the other’s imminent commission of arson, burglary,
robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal
mischief during the nighttime (Night time is 30 minutes after sunset
until 30 minutes before sunrise).

Is a statue "land or tangible, moveable property" seems like it's immovable property, also seems to only apply after dark if you are calling it criminal mischief
View Quote
Not admitted in Texas, but in many states, including mine, items affixed to real property are deemed to be real property.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:11:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Lock and load!! 
View Quote
Fire at will and the rest of them
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:12:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Can you be a resident from another state or multi state CCW holder to get in on this?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:15:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
By my read, it wouldn't be legal as a statue doesn't strike me as land or tangible movable property. And even if it was, deadly force would only be permitted at night. I'm not a lawyer, though. 

Y'all feel free to be a test case on this one. Imma sit this one out. 
View Quote
Dammm, thank you sir,
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:15:42 PM EDT
[#5]
it's settled I'm moving to America's greatest state
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:18:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
it's settled I'm moving to America's greatest state
View Quote
That happens to be Idaho.  I would have moved back to Texas, but to hell with all that humidity.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:18:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Even the derp is bigger in Texas 
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:19:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:
(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

Is a statue "land or tangible, moveable property" seems like it's immovable property, also seems to only apply after dark if you are calling it criminal mischief
View Quote
What's the definition of "moveable"?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:22:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No bag limit either
View Quote
Communists are an invasive species.  No license, limit, or season.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:29:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Yes, I do.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:30:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Kill someone for painting graffiti on a statue?
View Quote
Just stop them in the commission and then duct tape them upside down to the statue.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:31:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I knew I had seen that somewhere.
View Quote
Can we do that here? 
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:33:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Just spitballin' here; but I'll bet if a few of them got shot, the vandalism would stop right quick.

Would putting a statue of Jefferson Davis on your lawn be hunting over bait?

Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:34:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
... God Bless Texas
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:35:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Secede Austin to Mexico?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well God Bless Texas!    thats very cool! 

(not cool enough to make up for Austin morons though..... y'all need to work on that....) 
Secede Austin to Mexico?
minor quibble.  Texas would cede Austin. If Austin lead the effort, it would be seceding from Texas.

met my quota for the quarter.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:41:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

(not cool enough to make up for Austin morons though..... y'all need to work on that....) 
View Quote
At least we have ours mostly contained.  FL has a lot of work to do to get them all grouped together.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:42:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I volunteer to NOT be the test case for this.
Fuckin retarded.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:43:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Fuckin retarded.
View Quote
Just because you "CAN" Does not mean you can get away with it in front of a Jury
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:43:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:45:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Just spitballin' here; but I'll bet if a few of them got shot, the vandalism would stop right quick.

Would putting a statue of Jefferson Davis on your lawn be hunting over bait?
View Quote
Hunting of humans is not regulated. So I don't think so.

However, you might get pinched for "inducing" or entrapment I suppose. You know the cases were "We" are, "it was a good shoot until that." or "Yeah, you cant do that, but I'm not saying guilty. The criminal was on his property.".
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:46:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Didn't read the statute but I'm not shooting someone over a statue
View Quote
If the state doesn't care enough to stop the vandalism with cops and instead direct them to stand down I sure as hell am not going to do it and cause the shitstorm of all shitstorms.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:47:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Fuckin retarded.
View Quote
It's supposed to be just like all the talk about illegal immigration.  Stops is almost dead in it's tracks with just words.

Happens just ONE time and I bet most of ANTIFA will be changing tactics quick in TX.  Which will most certainly include a few chest beaters.  Not too many for the boys on here from TX to handle.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:48:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Don't mess with Texas.... statues at night.
View Quote
Here's the thing. We can use force during the daytime, just not deadly force, to protect the statues.  If, in the course of that circumstances warrant the use of deadly force, it's still good to go. We have no duty to retreat and if the threat to the statue becomes a threat to us...
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:50:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
At least we have ours mostly contained.  FL has a lot of work to do to get them all grouped together.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's fine, here in the Panhandle.

Tallahassee and everything else to the East and Southeast, is the issue.

I will not acknowledge the Panhandle as the "conservativeish reserve".
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:50:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Congrats Tex
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:50:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Fuck, Texas seems so awesome.  

Wish we had those laws here.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:54:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Just not in Austin, Dallas, Houston, Williamson County
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 5:54:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The problem I see is that it is neither your property nor property that the owner wants you to defend.  If it was at night, then criminal mischief at night comes into play.  UT owned the statues it moved, so that was a gimme.

Nw the cop was right to one point.  Good luck getting a jury to convict the shooter in Texas.
View Quote
Not one, but all statues were removed from a Texas University. People are lemmings, it would be a piece of cake to get the shooter convicted. 

Just look at all the statue and name hysteria that started literally overnight. For no good reason except for the paid agitators at work.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:01:29 PM EDT
[#29]
I say we converge at The Alamo and "give them their canon back".
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:02:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It would make the football player with white bronco trial look like child's play.
You would be convicted, there would be a media blitz and protests everywhere.
View Quote
Even if you walked, no way you win the civil suit.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:07:54 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:09:12 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
There is no "work on that."

Austin is a lost cause.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:11:17 PM EDT
[#33]
I don't believe this will work in left wing towns like Austin. For all the bluster about Texas, it is chock full of left leaning liberals, pinko politicians, and cock suckers.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:16:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world." - Archimedes
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:24:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
Planting a bomb could put it into the arson category. As long as the force is used prior to the arson and not afterward......
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:30:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm an idiot cook and even I can read its regarded to after dark, private property and or movable property IE someone is dicking around with your car in a dark lot at midnight as you leave the office or is found using the crowbar key to enter your work shop out back you can pop the weasel ricky tik... BUT..that criminal mischief in the destruction of public property after dark may be an interesting bellwether...
Chef..
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:30:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:34:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
God Bless Texas.
View Quote
Amen...
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:36:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
The night time caveat is in the bible...
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:39:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I think I will not try this out...  if my life is in danger I will take the necessary action but the lawyer fees alone would ruin me financially.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:41:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
God Bless Texas.
View Quote
Godamn I love Texas.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:45:36 PM EDT
[#42]
Step one- get permit for free speech rally
Step two- make large  confederate statue ,put on trailer of brodozer or in the bed.
Step three- center it near the rally.
Step four - hunt over bait.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:47:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
That is the best question I have seen in a long time
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does an eclipse count as day or night?
That is the best question I have seen in a long time
No, night is defined as 30 minutes after sundown until 30 minutes before sunup. No mention of other phenomena that may or may not cause night- like conditions.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:47:38 PM EDT
[#44]
So could you blast away at ppl stealing your political signs at night then as well?
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:48:57 PM EDT
[#45]
Love it
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:56:10 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A lot of these statues have been moved in the last few days.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:56:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
http://libertyparkpress.com/police-warn-protesters-texas-gun-owners-can-shoot-you-on-sight-if-you-mess-with-our-statues/

Texas police academy instructor is letting protesters know that any gun owner in Texas can use deadly force to stop vandalism, destruction, or the defacing of any monuments or statues in Texas.
View Quote

Oh. Fuck.... I cannot fucking wait!!! God damn it this is awesome. Quick. SOmeone get live feeds up around the statues so we can see this shit.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:02:15 PM EDT
[#48]
I love Texas
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:06:08 PM EDT
[#49]
I don't suggest you test this one.

It's a homicide charge, and a trial and a judge and a jury and someone dead over a statue. Even if you win, you will be broke, you will be famous, and you will eternally be the @sshole who killed someone over a statue. If you lose, you will be imprisoned, and you will eternally be the @sshole who killed someone over a statue. Also, civil suits galore. You will have shat things up for every other gun owner in the country, providing the media and the Left with even more evidence that we are all "bloodthirsty racists", as well as "proving that the statue is a symbol of hate and as such needs to come down". They are waiting for it. You'd give them all they need.

You might be tempted to the goalpost way over there in the "lawful self-defense" corner to make the case that killing someone over a statue will bear no real cost, so long as you can get the vandals to take a poke at you. Obviously, if someone is trying to kill or injure you, then you have a much better chance of a solid legal defense. But that isn't the scenario described in the article that was posted. Even that one is dicey if it appears that you went looking for a confrontation. You shouldn't conflate killing a home invader in your living room at 3 am with killing a 19yo vandal in a Che t-shirt in a park at 3 pm.

Taking it a step further, if your thought process runs "IF I KILL SOMEONE FOR ATTACKING A STATUE, ALL THE OTHERS WILL BE DETERRED" you'd likely be wrong. Nope. It'll just up the ante. And you will still just be the @sshole who killed someone over a statue that you didn't own.

Would you kill someone to defend a random file cabinet in the county courthouse? This isn't private property in most cases - these statues are generally owned by municipalities, government bodies with money to do repairs and police forces to protect their property. Damaging city, county, or state property shouldn't be a matter of concern to you that rises to the level of justifying deadly force. If you are willing to kill someone attempting to vandalize a statue but not a file cabinet, then the difference is the symbolic value. If you are willing to kill someone over symbolic value, you are more hardcore than I am, definitely. You may also be a bona-fide psychopath.

Be real, guys. I know we all talk shit when we are hanging out at the Nuge's ranch, but this is the internet. It's serious business!

I know that I used a bunch of big faggy words, and I am a Commie Antifa or something for suggesting that you might not oughta kill people over statues. In reality, I probably vote the same way you do on 2/3 or more issues. I even support the principle of "he needed killing'" in many cases.  But we differ on the topic of "killing strangers over vandalism of government property".

If you do it, it'll cost you.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 7:09:10 PM EDT
[#50]
GOD BLESS TX!
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top