Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:52:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd still fire the fuckers...I'd do it on christmas too.

Low lifes.

High some illegal immigrants to do it for $4 an hour, and probably do a better job at it to!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:02:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
That would suck of the commuters decided to "strike" and nor use the Metro system for like a week.

It wouldn't bother them one bit...remember, this is a union we are talking about, they have no regard for anything but what they feel they are "entitled' too, even if they have to resort to illegal strikes, violance, and a government proteced system that favors them over thier employer to get it.

For union members the free market only applies when you spend your money, not when you make it.... fucking low life hypocrites.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 7:21:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That would suck of the commuters decided to "strike" and nor use the Metro system for like a week.

It wouldn't bother them one bit...remember, this is a union we are talking about, they have no regard for anything but what they feel they are "entitled' too, even if they have to resort to illegal strikes, violence, and a government proteced system that favors them over thier employer to get it.

For union members the free market only applies when you spend your money, not when you make it.... fucking low life hypocrites.

Yeah, I loved that HBO special on the union strike against Overnight shipping.  They didn't care if Overnight was profitable or not.  Their strike used violence to stop scabs and always tried to claim Overnight was "framing them for the violent acts."  Eventually they forced them  to close.  The idiots considered it a victory, because that's what the union leaders told them.  Of course none of them had jobs now and the few that found work made less money with worse hours, no benefits, etc.  Great "win" for the union.

Here is a secret, a union IS a corporation trying to make money for itself.  When you are working and a member of the union, your goals and the union goals are both met by you making more money, and having better retirement benefits.  Once you retire, you are dead weight to the union as the little bit they get from your retirement income will never increase with time and will be worth less and less due to inflation for the union.  So they start doing things like trading down medical coverage you get for a slight increase in yearly retirement income.  Then they trade away prescription drug coverage for a little more annual retirement income, claiming the whole time it is for your benefit, when really they just want the extra cut the will get from that income, since they don't receive a cut of the benefits.

I've slowly watched the UAW negotiate away my grandfather's few benefits for small increases in retirement payments.  The writing on the wall now is they will get rid of the prescription drug program, they've already been sending propaganda out to the members showing how many people qualify for the Medicare prescription drug program, and that the current drug program isn't necessary.  Unless, like my grandfather, you actually invested and planned for retirement and thus don't qualify due to your annual income.  The union leadership only cares about one thing, and that is $$$ in the union bank account.  No different than any employer.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top