Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 9:03:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Hard fact of life.....

Every year goes by a USGI will go up in value.

Every year goes by a Fulton will go down in value.

Its great that you like your carbine, but you have been pushing how its a wise purchase in past threads and I am saying its a very poor choice.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 9:05:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fulton Armory is always very...proud of their offerings.
View Quote
How much are you selling them for?

Link Posted: 12/7/2018 9:10:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I love the carbine, and that one looks great.

USGI Carbines are cheaper up here, but still spendy, and they are all restricted like a handgun so that might be part of why they are lower
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 9:17:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What was the Black Friday deal?
View Quote
10% off IIRR
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 9:21:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Sweet looking rifle, no question. I'd shoot it.

If I ever get to Iwo Jima I know where two 1903's and an M1 Carbine are buried. They were in my father's foxhole along with his other stuff and got buried by a dozer by accident. He told me where they are. He had to split so he couldn't dig for them.

Probably only rust and wood by now.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 9:21:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hard fact of life.....

Its great that you like your carbine, but you have been pushing how its a wise purchase in past threads and I am saying its a very poor choice.
View Quote
Surely you can recall what it feels like to get a new firearm you've been wanting for awhile....if so, why try to bring a happy man down?

I've heard him mention his ordered carbine in past threads too, but I don't remember him saying that they were better than USGIs, or really anything other than how excited he was to be getting one.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 9:23:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

10% off IIRR
View Quote
LOL $1639.95 shipped on sale 10 % off.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 9:27:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
You have been pushing these for a long time.

Im glad you like it.

BUT. ITS NOT WORTH THE RIDICULOUS MONEY!
View Quote
Maybe to you it isn’t......... but to him it is....... and he will enjoy it. I can’t fault him for getting it....... nice rifle!
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 9:34:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sweet looking rifle, no question. I'd shoot it.

If I ever get to Iwo Jima I know where two 1903's and an M1 Carbine are buried. They were in my father's foxhole along with his other stuff and got buried by a dozer by accident. He told me where they are. He had to split so he couldn't dig for them.

Probably only rust and wood by now.
View Quote
Iwo Jima is an overgrown jungle now
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 9:35:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice gun OP.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 9:37:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hard fact of life.....

View Quote
Dude we all get it! You don’t want or like the gun. Pretty much everyone  else in this thread apparently has a different opinion than you.
The OP is excited and happy over his new rifle. Why would you continually try to bash and piss on his happiness?
Sometimes it’s better just to not say anything.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 9:40:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Surely you can recall what it feels like to get a new firearm you've been wanting for awhile....if so, why try to bring a happy man down?

I've heard him mention his ordered carbine in past threads too, but I don't remember him saying that they were better than USGIs, or really anything other than how excited he was to be getting one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hard fact of life.....

Several people have asked my to compare the FA to my current and past M-1 Carbines. I've owned over the years 2 USGI's (current CMP Inland and the Rockola my uncle brought back), 2 Blue Sky marked ones (both were or are decent shooters), 3 Plainfield's, a Iver Johnson and a Auto Ordnance that I bought new.

I think that gives me a working knowledge of the firearm and a base to compare. I sold everything but the CMP when I got into building AR's 2012 and decided I want to get back into them.

No matter what a know it all 18'er claims decent USGI carbines are getting scarce. Given a choice of wearing out a collectible firearm I choose something that while cost me a few bucks it was something within what I would have spent on myself for Xmas anyway (I'm typing this on a $1800 dollar gaming computer that was my Xmas present 2016, 2017 I bought the Blue Sky and another Colt 6920 )
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 9:58:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hard fact of life.....

View Quote
let's see some pics of the usgi carbine collection...
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:23:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:25:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:27:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
In another thread he claimed to have “$50,000 in carbine assets”, is how I believe he put it.
View Quote
But never posts pictures of his vast collection
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:30:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
In another thread he claimed to have “$50,000 in carbine assets”, is how I believe he put it.
View Quote
impressive

i have $342,872 worth

in internet no pic inventory, anyway
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:31:21 PM EDT
[#19]
I had a Plainfield Machine carbine years ago. I paid about $400 shipped for it on auction. It came with some aftermarket version of a folding stock. I sold the stock for about $90 bucks and bought a couple cans of the Korean surplus ammo Sportsmans guide use to sell. Put it in a $25 G.I. carbine stock. Shot the hell out of it with junk gun show G.I. mags.  Sold it for more than I paid for it. I think it was $425.
Should have kept it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:31:32 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a CMP Winchester... Eat me lol.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:34:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:37:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My current grail gun. I have a Winchester Garand that needs a little brother.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A shop local to me has a Winchester carbine for 1500 bucks
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:38:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:40:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Buy USGI. It's the ONLY correct answer.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:44:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I’ll give you $750 for it!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A shop local to me has a Winchester carbine for 1500 bucks
I’ll give you $750 for it!
I offered them less than 1500 bucks.......................they wouldn't take less..............so there it stays
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:45:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Hard fact of life.....

View Quote
Why?  It's a well made carbine.  Unless we get a deluge of korean carbines being brought back they are the only new ones being produced that are worth a shit.  Every one that's sold makes USGI's a little cheaper.  They won't lose too much value and you don't feel guilty about shooting it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:46:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

In my mind this FA Carbine is what a GI would have been issued new in WWII. It'll be my luck when I go to the next gun show locally (tomorrow) I'll trip over USGI ones in mint condition dirt cheap.

I always buy myself a nice gun at Xmas time (my join date here is the day I got my 1st Colt 6920.......I'm up to 4 of those now plus 8 other AR builds )

It ain't prefect but it's damn close IMO
View Quote
It looks perfect to me. I hope it brings you many years of enjoyment. Shoot the HELL out of it!
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:58:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:59:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Great looking carbine OP, I'd love to have it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 10:59:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Having owned one, I'd rather have a good Mini-14 as a home defense rifle.

The M-1 Carbine was a flawed concept, using an equally flawed cartridge and bullet.  The only useful info I ever got about the Carbine/ctg was Jim Cirillo's comment that JSP bullets seemed to be highly effective as contrasted to mil-spec ball.

Sure, collectors love 'em, but that says nothing about real world utility.

Collector value of any firearm comes and goes.  Seldom goes down, though, but upward cycles come and go.  For collectability, and future worth, a certified GI carbine is the way to go, assuming it's genuine, and not mechanically screwed-up.

For practical purposes, the Mini-14 and its' 5.56 ctg, have it all over the M-1 Carbine and its' unique ctg.  This holds true in non-Free States, where both carbines are not entirely prohibited, as is the AR-15.  Unfortunately, it seems as though the ring will be tightened to exclude both the Mini and the Carbine from "allowed' firearms.

In such instance, owners of "grandfathered" Mini-14s might want to look into re-habilitating them before such is made impossible due to restrictive State laws.  For example, if one's State outlaws certain firearms, one might fond it problematic to send such firearm(s) away for factory-required maintenance/repair, and then have it sent back to original location.  Depending on how State laws are written, might be a problem.  So, consider sending away such firearms before State laws prevent such.

I long ago sent out my Mini for the express purpose of obtaining some factory-fitted spare parts.  I mentioned, in passing, that the Mini's accuracy was not what I had expected, and I was a little disappointed.  Well, Ruger fitted and headspaced a new bolt to the Mini, and the accuracy was so much improved that I began to consider the Mini in a new light.  Best thing I ever did for the Mini, as Ruger replaced the bolt with a tightly-fitted replacement, and the accuracy went up so much that I began to consider it as a real carbine, and not as a toy.

if you live in a State where the firearms climate might be changing, then consider repairing your old Mini-14.  Just sayin'
View Quote
glad you found this thread, wouldn't be an m1 carbine thread without you coming in with your shit cannon!
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:05:29 PM EDT
[#31]
here's another carbine thread, one in which we were also sung the gloriousness of the mini-14...

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/the-M1-carbine-is-awesome/5-2066200/
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:09:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Yours is awesome. This one makes me sad.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:09:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Very cool, OP. The Carbine is one of my all time favorites.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:16:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
here's another carbine thread, one in which we were also sung the gloriousness of the mini-14...

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/the-M1-carbine-is-awesome/5-2066200/
View Quote
I have a Mini 14, newer production with the "better" barrel. Given a choice between it and my CMP Inland or the new FA M-1 Carbine I'll take the latter 2 all day long. The only advantage the Mini offers is the 5.56 round chambering. After a dozen or so rounds my Mini starts grouping all over hell and back. My CMP Inland I've been able to keep my groups in the 10 ring at 50 yards bench resting.

If the SHTF the only advantage the Mini offers is again the 5.56 round, I would expect to be able to find ammo easier
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:20:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:22:26 PM EDT
[#36]
If I were to win the lottery I'd be tempted to buy that model. Think about it, a folding stock Carbine with a decent red dot would make a decent "truck" gun. Folded it would fit in a gym bag easy enough, you have a legal barrel length that you don't need to worry about tax stamps and with decent HP ammo decent stopping power out to 150 yards
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:26:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Oh God, no.  The M1 carbine was crap back then and crap now. Certainly not worth the money that they want for it.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:32:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

3MOA guarantee from Fulton LOL.
View Quote
Go be poor, somewhere else. Lol!
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:33:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Having owned one, I'd rather have a good Mini-14 as a home defense rifle.

The M-1 Carbine was a flawed concept, using an equally flawed cartridge and bullet.  The only useful info I ever got about the Carbine/ctg was Jim Cirillo's comment that JSP bullets seemed to be highly effective as contrasted to mil-spec ball.

Sure, collectors love 'em, but that says nothing about real world utility.

Collector value of any firearm comes and goes.  Seldom goes down, though, but upward cycles come and go.  For collectability, and future worth, a certified GI carbine is the way to go, assuming it's genuine, and not mechanically screwed-up.

For practical purposes, the Mini-14 and its' 5.56 ctg, have it all over the M-1 Carbine and its' unique ctg.  This holds true in non-Free States, where both carbines are not entirely prohibited, as is the AR-15.  Unfortunately, it seems as though the ring will be tightened to exclude both the Mini and the Carbine from "allowed' firearms.

In such instance, owners of "grandfathered" Mini-14s might want to look into re-habilitating them before such is made impossible due to restrictive State laws.  For example, if one's State outlaws certain firearms, one might fond it problematic to send such firearm(s) away for factory-required maintenance/repair, and then have it sent back to original location.  Depending on how State laws are written, might be a problem.  So, consider sending away such firearms before State laws prevent such.

I long ago sent out my Mini for the express purpose of obtaining some factory-fitted spare parts.  I mentioned, in passing, that the Mini's accuracy was not what I had expected, and I was a little disappointed.  Well, Ruger fitted and headspaced a new bolt to the Mini, and the accuracy was so much improved that I began to consider the Mini in a new light.  Best thing I ever did for the Mini, as Ruger replaced the bolt with a tightly-fitted replacement, and the accuracy went up so much that I began to consider it as a real carbine, and not as a toy.

if you live in a State where the firearms climate might be changing, then consider repairing your old Mini-14.  Just sayin'
View Quote
I'm not one to argue with site staff being a newbie, but how many wars were fought by Americans using a Mini 14?  How many nations adopted the Mini 14 for decades for their militaries?  USGI carbines have been found in every imaginable conflict, or war since their inception in the 40s.   Also for every LEO dept using a mini 14, another used usgi carbines so that's a wash.

If the USGI carbine is flawed, than Ruger's Mini 14 is an abortion
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:33:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:34:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Cool;

Kicking myself over letting the Bavarians go by
View Quote
Mine is the jewel of my collection. National Postal Meter stamped Bavaria Forrestry Police.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:35:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Whatever the fuck that actually means.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:40:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:41:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
There's no denying the vastly different natures of the cartridges, nor denying the overall superiority of the 5.56 ctg over the M-1 Carbine ctg.  Numbers don't lie.  Yu can argue about the mini all day long, but the essential take-away is the disparity between the cartridges.  Where are the serious, modern firearms using the M-1 Carbine cartridge?
View Quote
IMI Magal is used by the Israeli police
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:45:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Mine is the jewel of my collection. National Postal Meter stamped Bavaria Forrestry Police.
View Quote
Yours got that awesome unique Bavarian finish that many have?  I love Bavarians....and am trying to add one to my collection.  I wish all USGI carbines were serialized like the Bavarians to begin with, as that would weed out a lot of frauds and fakes we deal with currently.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:50:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:52:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
There's no denying the vastly different natures of the cartridges, nor denying the overall superiority of the 5.56 ctg over the M-1 Carbine ctg.  Numbers don't lie.  Yu can argue about the mini all day long, but the essential take-away is the disparity between the cartridges.  Where are the serious, modern firearms using the M-1 Carbine cartridge?
View Quote
carbine weighs a solid pound less than the mini, has no problem fucking up magnum handgun swinging targets and has an awesome fucking story

face it, the only reason you're slobbing the mini-14 knob is because of where you live
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:52:42 PM EDT
[#48]
ITT, shitposters come to the fore to fling poo all over a man's purchase. The fact that he bought it with his own goddamn money, and that HE'S happy with it seems to be irrelevant.

Enjoy your carbine, OP.
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 11:59:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Whether you are a newbie or not, the quality of your post is what counts, as long as you stay within the Site Code of Conduct.  Don't ever be reluctant topolitely contradict anyone, as long as you have the facts to back you up.  That specifically includes Site Staff.

Mods and Staff should NEVER play the 'newbie' card themselves, nor allow such to go unmentioned when they see it being played.  Every single one of us was new here at some point.

Now, all that stuff aside, the mini-14 has been used in conflicts and police actions world-wide.  See this thread: https://www.ar15.com/forums/armory/Ruger-Mini-14-Facts-History-and-Information-/52-490595/

M-1 Carbine is dead on account of its' lackluster cartridge.  Other firearms, based on the 5.56 ctg, are going strong.
View Quote
I appreciate that reply, and folks like yourself that make this place run right....I just wanted to point out that I respect the join date & mod icon besides your name.  Sometimes it's easy for me to forget that we're all on the same damn team at the end of the day.....AK vs AR, M1 c VS Mini 14, Glock vs HK, etc.

I don't view the M1 carbine as a HD rifle in my collection, but are Scorpions, B&T subguns, Sig MPX, MP5 guns dead on account of their pistol ballistics?.....if not, than you got to acknowledge that the .30carbine is every bit a capable as the 9mm, if not more so.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 12:01:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
ITT, shitposters come to the fore to fling poo all over a man's purchase. The fact that he bought it with his own goddamn money, and that HE'S happy with it seems to be irrelevant.

Enjoy your carbine, OP.
View Quote
Danke, I will. Bottom line is the M-1 Carbine is a fun gun to shoot, and I have one that I can use without worry of replacing parts and has a warranty. It'll be in my family long after I'm dead and gone
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top