Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 21
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:33:34 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
It would be sweet if the Pegasus could stick around under friendlier command. Adm. Kain is a tough bitch but I can see why she is doing what she is doing.

Killing FAMILIES?

Between fighting for mankind's goals in the short term (the immediate fleet) or long term (recapture of the 12 colonies), what does a few civvies hold up to say... Caprica?

Caprica is a smoking, radioactive ruin. The people on the ships are the only real hope. Her actions are unforgiveable.

Military commanders know people will die in combat; to get hung up on a single life puts the entire army/regiment/platoon in danger. Kain's vision looks at the world a little differently but her actions are surely not "irrational."

No, just inhumane and genocidal.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 3:37:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It would be sweet if the Pegasus could stick around under friendlier command. Adm. Kain is a tough bitch but I can see why she is doing what she is doing.

Between fighting for mankind's goals in the short term (the immediate fleet) or long term (recapture of the 12 colonies), what does a few civvies hold up to say... Caprica?

Military commanders know people will die in combat; to get hung up on a single life puts the entire army/regiment/platoon in danger. Kain's vision looks at the world a little differently but her actions are surely not "irrational."

Adama was put in the same situation and realized he didn't have enough of a force to take on the enemy.
The fleet he took on had ships capable of resupplying the Galactica with critical material. Including fuel.

Adama has a logistical tail to support his combat actions against the Cylons.
Pegasus has only what she was able to take.

Amateurs argue tactics, Professionals discuss logistics.

The counterpoint to this is that maybe the ships Cain ran into lacked the capabilities Adamas have. And she made the best of the situation.
One thing we don't know, is where did Cain leave the ships she stranded? If she left them in deep space with only sublight drive, she may as well have gunned them down. But, if she left them close to an inhabitable planet, there may have been a slim chance they could make it. But, I bet she didn't leave them any shuttles.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:15:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Why does SCI-FI broadcast the fucking show here in AZ on MST time?
10 pm MST is 11pm AZ time! FUCKERS!
Why not just make it 2AM

D. V. R.

Watch it the next day.

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 4:57:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Why not just make it 2AM

tell AZ to get with the program and join the rest of us observing Daylight Savings Time
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:36:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Anyone up for a nitpicker's thread?

I just found one: When GALACTICA first makes an FTL jump, her landing bays are deployed when in the previous scene they had been retracted in preparation for the jump.

Oops!

ETA: Funny thing, but I read the book in 1985 or so. The bays were always supposed to retract, yet they didn't bother with that detail in the original series.

To be honest, I think the whole idea is dumb, but there it is.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:37:37 PM EDT
[#6]
It seems people think I'm a despot with a pechant for murdering families now.

Remember that Kain doesn't have Earth as a goal unlike Adama and the Pres. She can't fly into the dusk looking for refuge. With no place to which she can run, she's doing raids hoping to find a weakness in the Cylons to exploit to push them back far enough to reclaim depots, space docks, space stations, the colonies even. From there, she will be much better equiped to mount a stronger offensive. The long term goal is reclaiming the twelve colonies for humanity- even if it means fighting for radioactive balls of slag. The valuable resources, supplies, infrastructure, salvageables left behind can make clean up possible. Kain's priorities are fighting first, then rebuilding. To fight, Kain needs replacement parts and technical expertise among other things.

Adama's goal is different. He wants to transplant humanity forsaking the original colonies. This is a shot in the dark with no telling if Earth is hospitable. They will be rebuilding from nothing- no existing ammuntion depots, space docks, shipyards, space stations, orbital communications, ect. Adama's priority is rebuilding on Earth, then to fight only when necessary. To rebuild, he needs to bring all his infrastructure with him: all the technicians, fuel refineries, botanists, greenhouse ships, fianancial brokers, and politicians.

Kain and Adama see the world differently. This you cannot deny. The difference of vision paints different goals. This in turn yields divergent methods and priorities to reach those goals. I simply stated that Kain's actions are not without reason. Even despots and tyrants act with reason. My mentioning and understanding said reason doesn't endorse or scorn the act, which I think some of my critics fail to understand.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:40:07 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why not just make it 2AM

tell AZ to get with the program and join the rest of us observing Daylight Savings Time

Daylight savings time bad.  

Sat. TV good.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:45:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Speaking of OOOPS.

These were on sale at Amazon.

Note that the wings and the guns are facing the wrong way.

Also the front gear
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:50:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Adama's goal is different. He wants to transplant humanity forsaking the original colonies. This is a shot in the dark with no telling if Earth is hospitable.

Uhm, he made up the story about knowing where Earth is, and doesn't believe that it does exist, when he decides to lead the people away.
His original thought is to fight, just like Cain.

Now, by time he runs into Cain, things have changed, and he sees things differently. But when the Cylons first attacked, he could very easily have taken the same route Cain did.

And as he, himself, pointed out, they did shoot down a civilian ship. They didn't know for certain whether there were humans on board or not.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 6:58:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Adama's goal is different. He wants to transplant humanity forsaking the original colonies. This is a shot in the dark with no telling if Earth is hospitable.

Uhm, he made up the story about knowing where Earth is, and doesn't believe that it does exist, when he decides to lead the people away.

Now, by time he runs into Cain, things have changed, and he sees things differently. But when the Cylons first attacked, he could very easily have taken the same route Cain did.

And as he, himself, pointed out, they did shoot down a civilian ship. They didn't know for certain whether there were humans on board or not.

A civilian ship carrying a nuke on a collision course with Galactica.  That was self-defense, not cold blooded murder.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:05:29 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're correct.

However, despite the farce that is Earth (or not so farce now with as much plot revealed), Adama did grudgingly acquiesce that the prudent choice was to run saving as much as he could before he revealed Earth to the fleet. "They've got to start making babies" was the epiphany in the CIC referring to Dee and Billy. At that exact moment, you see the switch in his priorities promoting the survival of the immediate fleet over recapture of the twelve colonies. Kain has not had this epiphany.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:12:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Tag, and dang I love this show.   Bought season 2.0 Sat.   My boys and I spend most of today watching it again.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:26:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Why not just make it 2AM

Daylight savings time bad.  

Sat. TV good.  

We don't need DST in the Desert and it's a Commie plot to delute our essence
Besides, how hard is it to switch from MST to PST broadcast times? All the other cable channels manage it.
Even the Home Shopping Network, and Sci-Fi claims to be the place for clever people
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:27:41 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I think Gina ends up killing Cain.  In the preview it shows someone in Colonial green utilities and low and behold what has Baltar just given Gina?  Plus some say you can see the scars on the wrist of the person holding the gun in the preview.

Yeah, I picked up on that too.  Gina's gonna get loose somehow (maybe with the help of phantom-6 or Baltar) and go after Cain.

She'll be stopped and killed, and Starbuck won't have a chance to perform the assassination.  When Gina dies she won't be ressurected... oops surprise!  

Then the Cylon reinforcements are going to jump in, looking for a little payback for the rez ship.  They'll be expecting Pegasus to be lax after the battle (just like both Battlestar commanders were about each other!), but with the attempted assasination, Pegasus will be all kinds of hot and bothered, catch the would-be revengers with their chassis down after the jump, and start blasting them to bolts.  

Sometime in the show, there will be a confrontation where Cain and Adama accuse each other of being callous to civilians and reckless.  They'll have a brief semi-reconciliation when they each grudgingly admit that the other was doing the best they could with what they could -- though their methods and attitudes differ.

Pegasus will be so busy kicking ass that they'll separate from the fleet.  Cain's last order to Adama will be to get the hell out of the area, while Pegasus holds off the retribution BaseStars.  Galactica and the fleet will jump out, and the fate of Pegasus will be an unknown.  Galactica will take aboard the Pegasus fighters, including some Cain loyalists and co-philosophers, which will be important later.  One of them will be taking the thematic place of Sheba, instead of being a literal daughter will be a thorn in Adama's side.

I hope the don't destroy Pegasus when this arc is over.  Obviously she can't be with the fleet, but she could be the offensive arm fighting Cylons.  She might be able to head back to Colonial space and perhaps resupply the fleet from Ragnar or something.  Rescue mission to Caprica?

It just seems so cliche, Pegasus the "evil" ship so it must be destroyed to make all things right in the show.

Oh, I don't know...

Just because Galactica TOS never got far enough to become Battlefleet Galactica, doesn't mean we can't supersede homage and take that direction!

Remember how JMS changed Babylon 5 every season...   If you take "Babylon 5 was our last, best hope for peace.  It failed.  In the year 2260 it became something greater.  Our last, best hope... for victory."  File off the B5 and write in BSG, and maybe you've got something...

Oh, and I've heard Richard Hatch talk about Galactica.  If he gets a word in edgewise, he'll be pushing his own vision of a Colonial reclamation expeditionary force, new battlestars, and all that good stuff.

Honestly, I don't so much care where it goes, because I'm sure I'll enjoy the trip!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:36:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm interested to see just what Galactica and Pegasus will use when they go after the Base Stars. Flak guns and harsh language? I don't see the BSG equivalent of 16" guns on either...
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:40:13 PM EDT
[#16]
if they do make it to earth who says it has to be in todays time??????

why not farther in the future????

whit our own equivalant to battle stars????

i think that would be the way to go...

BEST DAM SHOW ON TV !!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:45:17 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think Gina ends up killing Cain.  In the preview it shows someone in Colonial green utilities and low and behold what has Baltar just given Gina?  Plus some say you can see the scars on the wrist of the person holding the gun in the preview.

Yeah, I picked up on that too.  Gina's gonna get loose somehow (maybe with the help of phantom-6 or Baltar) and go after Cain.

She'll be stopped and killed, and Starbuck won't have a chance to perform the assassination.  When Gina dies she won't be ressurected... oops surprise!  

Then the Cylon reinforcements are going to jump in, looking for a little payback for the rez ship.  They'll be expecting Pegasus to be lax after the battle (just like both Battlestar commanders were about each other!), but with the attempted assasination, Pegasus will be all kinds of hot and bothered, catch the would-be revengers with their chassis down after the jump, and start blasting them to bolts.  

Sometime in the show, there will be a confrontation where Cain and Adama accuse each other of being callous to civilians and reckless.  They'll have a brief semi-reconciliation when they each grudgingly admit that the other was doing the best they could with what they could -- though their methods and attitudes differ.

Pegasus will be so busy kicking ass that they'll separate from the fleet.  Cain's last order to Adama will be to get the hell out of the area, while Pegasus holds off the retribution BaseStars.  Galactica and the fleet will jump out, and the fate of Pegasus will be an unknown.  Galactica will take aboard the Pegasus fighters, including some Cain loyalists and co-philosophers, which will be important later.  One of them will be taking the thematic place of Sheba, instead of being a literal daughter will be a thorn in Adama's side.

Please tell me you are not right and did not spoil the show. I like surprise.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:50:16 PM EDT
[#18]
The whole human race on the Fleet is less than 50,000 people.

Retaking the Colonies is a pipe dream, and they are a radioactive wasteland anyway.

It's impossible for 50k people to wage a sustained war against the Cylons.   It will take centuries of unmolested growth for humans to repopulate to sufficient numbers to sustain a war effort of that magnitude.

Their best bet is to LEAVE.    Find a corner of the galaxy and rebuild, arm & stay vigilant, and pray the Cylons don't find you.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:51:20 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The original Cain was considered a hero and bit of a womenizer. He would not have killed inocent people as this Cain did.  Your actually considering her actions as being ok.. What if you and your family had been on any of the 15 ships. Would you freely allow Cain to kill your family?

WTF

Were talking about 15 ships worth of people murdered by Cain. What kind of freak thinks that the need of the few outways the need of the many? She is nothing but a murdering warlord trying to please her ego.

Gee.. I think you would get along great with Janet Reno..

I don't think something like that is out of the question.  Keep in mind, that the Cylons, Galacticans, Humans in general, and Pegasans have all had their turn being held up as both victim and villain.  And each faction, from their perspective, has their own faults and their legitimate grievances with the others.

I wouldn't be surprised if everybody involved in this story goes through a phase where they sin and do wrong, and then when the consequenses come, *then* they get a choice of right or wrong, to redeem or be doomed.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:55:20 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

With no place to which she can run, she's doing raids hoping to find a weakness in the Cylons to exploit to push them back far enough to reclaim depots, space docks, space stations, the colonies even. From there, she will be much better equiped to mount a stronger offensive.

But that's the insanity of her position.  It would take very heavy industry to construct and maintain something as complex as a Battlestar and its Vipers.  Suppose they do take back Caprica or one of the other Colonies, they would have to rebuild everything from scratch as it was all nuked in the opening days of the war.  How many decades would it take to rebuild enough infrastructure to maintain even one Battlestar, much less a fleet strong enough to defend the Colonies?  Remember we're talking from the ground up.  You'd have to rebuild electronics factories and mining operations and munitions factories - the list goes on.  Even if they could rebuild all of that, how large a fleet could a population of 50,000 sustain economically?  12 Planets populated with billions each supported a military of about 120 Battlestars IIRC.

Rosalyn was right in the beginning.  They have no choice but to run.  Kain does not understand this, and is doing the only thing she know's how - fighting.  Adama would have followed this same path if Rosalyn had not talked sense into him in the mini-series.  

Now, once the Colonials find Earth, then its a different story.  Earth's population with Colonial technology, if given enough time away from the Cylons to integrate, would give humanity a fighting chance.  I hope that after BSG has run its course, they'll do a sequal several decades after the fleet reaches earth in which the humans do seek to reclaim their birthright of Kobol and the other 12 Colonies of Man.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:58:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Killing FAMILIES?

But, given the choice and only the choice, wouldn't you kill a couple of families, instead of allowing all of those families, plus thousands of other people, to die?

From what I can gather, Cain's judgement of her situation told her that Pegasus would not be able to function, in any reasonable role, dragging around a civilian fleet.

Adama made a similar decision, but with opposite motivation.  While Cain had to abandon civilians to regain her ability to wage war, Adama abandoned some civilians instead of staying to fight and losing all of them.

(Not saying that it's right or wrong -- just that I'm glad I don't live in a morality play!)

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:05:02 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

But that's the insanity of her position.  It would take very heavy industry to construct and maintain something as complex as a Battlestar and its Vipers.  Suppose they do take back Caprica or one of the other Colonies, they would have to rebuild everything from scratch as it was all nuked in the opening days of the war.  How many decades would it take to rebuild enough infrastructure to maintain even one Battlestar, much less a fleet strong enough to defend the Colonies?  Remember we're talking from the ground up.  You'd have to rebuild electronics factories and mining operations and munitions factories - the list goes on.  Even if they could rebuild all of that, how large a fleet could a population of 50,000 sustain economically?  12 Planets populated with billions each supported a military of about 120 Battlestars IIRC.

Rosalyn was right in the beginning.  They have no choice but to run.  Kain does not understand this, and is doing the only thing she know's how - fighting.  Adama would have followed this same path if Rosalyn had not talked sense into him in the mini-series.  

Now, once the Colonials find Earth, then its a different story.  Earth's population with Colonial technology, if given enough time away from the Cylons to integrate, would give humanity a fighting chance.  I hope that after BSG has run its course, they'll do a sequal several decades after the fleet reaches earth in which the humans do seek to reclaim their birthright of Kobol and the other 12 Colonies of Man.  

My thinking exactly.    The Colonies are DEAD.  RIP.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:05:20 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... stuff ...

Please tell me you are not right and did not spoil the show. I like surprise.

No sir, pure speculation!  

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:09:12 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I'm interested to see just what Galactica and Pegasus will use when they go after the Base Stars. Flak guns and harsh language? I don't see the BSG equivalent of 16" guns on either...

According to various sources (SciFi.com / Ragnar etc.) the Galactica armament consists of:
506 point defense batteries (Vulcan equivalent)
24 heavy turrets (5in rapid fire equivalent)
4 forward firing heavy cannons called the Main Battery

All are massdrivers / railguns with conventional solid / explosive bullets.

The Peggy has more weapons which include directed energy guns and heavy missiles.  Note the comment by Laura about Pegasus kicking the Galacticas rear in a firefight.

Fritz

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:10:52 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I thought I heard Tigh ask Adama (early in the episode, when the fighter wings are playing chicken with each other) whether they should target the main batteries (or main guns) on Pegasus.  That must have referred to more than their AA guns.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:13:29 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

With no place to which she can run, she's doing raids hoping to find a weakness in the Cylons to exploit to push them back far enough to reclaim depots, space docks, space stations, the colonies even. From there, she will be much better equiped to mount a stronger offensive.

I'm thinking there'll be a showdown between the cylons and humans at earth that'll resolve all this religious prophecy deal.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:48:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Yeah, but will the earth they find be ready to do anything for them?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:50:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:55:35 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

But what type of earth will they find?  I hope it's nothing like that gay shit that was on in the 80's.  Remember the flying bikes and the arm bands that made you invisable?

This is just a though but I think they fin earth in a pre industrial form nad to  fit in and to hide form the Cylons they shun thier own technology to fit in to what they find on earth.

But then thats just my thoughts your mileage may very.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:15:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Earth is the Cylon homeworld

Now that would be a plot twist.

The history of Kobol had the thirteenth tribe leaving BEFORE the other twelve and they went to a different location, and thus contact was lost.

12 Planets banned the defeated Cylons (thirteenth tribe) after the first war.

They left first.

The Second War happens and the other twelve leave for a different location.

What has happened before will happen again!  Interesting parallels.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:51:10 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Earth (assuming 2006 technology) would likely need decades, at least, in order to begin to produce a viable fleet.  Quite a bit of infrastructure would need to be built but, presumably, there are enough Colonials with the relevant knowledge to build what needs to be built.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:39:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Just watched this weeks show... WOW what a damn good show.  It is by far the best damned show on TV.  

~Dg84
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:18:07 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought I heard Tigh ask Adama (early in the episode, when the fighter wings are playing chicken with each other) whether they should target the main batteries (or main guns) on Pegasus.  That must have referred to more than their AA guns.

Ya, but Tigh is looped on space-booze all the time, so who knows?

At the Battlestar Wiki, they list the following:

Galactica's defenses include an array of twenty-four large turret mounted twin-cannons, and a multitude of smaller turret mounted twin-guns located between the Galactica's "ribs". Together, these provide the Galactica with a flak field that acts as a defense perimeter against incoming hostiles.

Plus the three remaining nukes. It's just that we never really saw Galactica itself take the fight to the enemy; it seems more like a WW2-era British Armoured Deck Carrier, in that is a really tough aircraft carrier, but still, just an aircraft carrier. They hauled ass pretty quickly whenever they encountered Base Stars before, so I can't wait to see how this one is pulled off.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 1:25:13 AM EDT
[#34]
If they find earth, hopefully it's a hundred years plus into the future so we dont all poo poo the whole thing.   Maybe the beginnings of interstellar travel, some space based assets for defense from asteroids or something that would at least be viable to ward off a base star or two.   ....
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:11:58 AM EDT
[#35]
I think finding Earth is the least of their worries right now, as a TV show.
I think finding Earth may well be their shark.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:15:33 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

A civilian ship carrying a nuke on a collision course with Galactica.  That was self-defense, not cold blooded murder.

Well the characters involved didn't think it was that simple.
The point was the same one Adama made in the show. He hoped that the record of the action would be viewed in the right light.

The essence of the discussion on this subject is that things aren't always black and white.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:29:24 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
If they find earth, hopefully it's a hundred years plus into the future so we dont all poo poo the whole thing.   Maybe the beginnings of interstellar travel, some space based assets for defense from asteroids or something that would at least be viable to ward off a base star or two.   ....

I say that they find Earth abandoned.

Examination of records left behind show that the resources had been used up and the two most powerful nations allied to terraform and colonize a new system of planets...                                
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:33:38 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Does ANYONE think there is any connection between Pres. Roslyn dying (and jokingly saying that she'd take one of those hot blonde Cylon bodies) and the hot blonde Cylon on Pegasus who wants to die?

It's probably just the writers teasing us, but wouldn't that be a bizarre plot-twist?  

I kind of thought the same thing

i'm thinking there's more of a connection with them happening upon the "resurrection" ship.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:34:01 AM EDT
[#39]
tagged because this is the best damn show on TV right now
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:02:10 AM EDT
[#40]
tag
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:03:31 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

not after 10pm tomorrow it won't be!!!
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:11:26 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

? whatisit
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:28:31 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

? whatisit

The Shield!  And even then, it'll be nearly impossible to call the better show.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:35:51 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

This is just a though but I think they fin earth in a pre industrial form nad to  fit in and to hide form the Cylons they shun thier own technology to fit in to what they find on earth.
y.

That's NUTS.    The Cylons don't want to wipe out the Colonies - they want to wipe out humans.

Pre-industrial?   Just makes it easier to kill us all
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 4:53:32 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I say that they find Earth abandoned.

Examination of records left behind show that the resources had been used up and the two most powerful nations allied to terraform and colonize a new system of planets...                                

That sounds... "Serene"
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:29:56 AM EDT
[#46]
Just for shits and giggles, I'd LOVE to know how much "Baltar's House" costs.

Vancouver, with a view like that, with a balcony and hot tub. Wow.....
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:42:18 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

? whatisit

The Shield!  And even then, it'll be nearly impossible to call the better show.

After next Sunday & Monday they'll both be neck & neck for 2nd, if past seasons are any indication...

(Just my contentious way of saying "TAG" in this new thread. )
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:43:59 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
What's the longest running TV show thread in ARFCOM history?

~Dg84

I don't know about "longest thread," but I would bet "total pages/posts" would go to 24.

Link Posted: 1/9/2006 6:47:07 AM EDT
[#49]
If the Cylons followed the Galactica to Earth under the protection of Earthforce, surprise would be their new feeling and emotion.

Yes.. That is the scale of the Galatica to the Excaliber..

Yes.. She is a big ship..

Note the Enterprise in the Bottom left. Its as long as Galactics Launch bay and as wide.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 7:13:33 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
If the Cylons followed the Galactica to Earth under the protection of Earthforce, surprise would be their new feeling and emotion.

photobucket.com/albums/y22/TractorDre/SciFi%20Ships/CylonNightmare.jpg

Yes.. That is the scale of the Galatica to the Excaliber..

Yes.. She is a big ship..

Note the Enterprise in the Bottom left. Its as long as Galactics Launch bay and as wide.

Damn! Someone has a little time on their hands. Looks pretty neat, though.
Page / 21
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top