Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 9:23:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I remember the good old days when it was shameful to be on government assistance.  Now it appears to be a badge of honor.

yup it is.  There are a lot of college students who brag about being on food stamps to purchase the stuff they need and use their actual income for beer and parties.  
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 9:26:55 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

dbl tapped it

That's OK....you were just twice as right.

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 9:42:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yep. A former Girlfreind of mine does a lot of artwork and design for pharmaceutical companies to use in advertising. She specializes in that sort of flat pastel style they use with womens products. She hates every minute of it, but admits she's making bank, so its a wash in the end.

I see what you did there.

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 9:45:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The rugged capitalists that run bodegas, stop-and-robs, and ghetto grocery stores will never allow meaningful food stamp reform.

Yep.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 9:51:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The program needs to be changed to "staple foods only". Nothing exotic or expensive.

Or better yet, axed entirely. Hunger makes you more willing to work.

CJ

This. Dried beans, flour, rice. Make the fuckers fix it themselves.

Years ago, on the Pournelle forum on GEnie, Dr Pournelle related how he'd eaten Purina Monkey Chow from the primate lab as a starving graduate assistant.

Said it actually made good cereal.

We then discussed as a solution to food stamps, instead having free 25 lb bags of "Purina People Chow" on pallets at the front of every grocery store. Bland, nutritious, free.

I would like to try this "monkey chow"....

Purina was bought by Land O'Lakes and Land O'Lakes Mazuri subsidary now makes the primate feeds.  Alas, it is no longer called "monkey chow".  Primate Basic or Monkey Crunch is probably the closest.

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 9:52:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 9:58:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This thread is proof that its all over. Just tally up the 'program should be changed to only x and y' responses we're seeing.

For fucks sake, thats still redistribution of wealth. You're just arguing that you can do it more efficiently.

'But there are people that really need it!'  Necessity has no bearing when theft comes into play.  The proper counter-argument to that is to say that the original party also needs it.  As soon as the rebuttal of  'but they don't need it as much' or the proposed welfare recipient 'needs it more than they do', they've handily demonstrated the from-each/to-each wealth distribution commie bullshit.

You've both got a good point here, but its also important to point out that the FSA tends to get looty and burny when suddenly cut off from their free shit. Think of America like a heroin addict and what we are suggesting like methadone.

You know, that's uncanny.  I got that same argument when I had a conversation at work about legalizing drugs.  The statement I received was essentially that we, as the government, due to some social contract or responsibility should be providing free clinics to 'wean' people off of drugs.

I understand the whole looty/burny thing as the knife to our throat... just in case we ever think of stopping it.  I'll be over there with the Korean shop owners...

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 9:59:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

"Here's some powdered milk, flour, sugar, beans, salt, pepper, powered eggs, and 4 whole chickens for the month."

Why are you giving away my food?

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 10:07:28 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We should all just suck it up, swallow our pride and get on the bandwagon.  Let's all get all we can from the government and get this shit over sooner.

Setting our country back 50 years by going the route of Greece is not a smart option.  You may not like the SHTF option as much as you think when we finally get it.

The last election was won by a sliver.  The margin of victory was considerably less than 2008.  Things did move in the right direction regardless of what the pundits are saying, just not far enough.  We need to press on and keep drilling the message that Obama owns the mess he is creating.

It wouldn't bring about TEOTWAWKI.  It would bring about a reform in the giveaways.

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 10:33:27 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

We should all just suck it up, swallow our pride and get on the bandwagon.  Let's all get all we can from the government and get this shit over sooner.

Setting our country back 50 years by going the route of Greece is not a smart option.  You may not like the SHTF option as much as you think when we finally get it.

The last election was won by a sliver.  The margin of victory was considerably less than 2008.  Things did move in the right direction regardless of what the pundits are saying, just not far enough.  We need to press on and keep drilling the message that Obama owns the mess he is creating.

It wouldn't bring about TEOTWAWKI.  It would bring about a reform in the giveaways.  

That makes me wonder: how much 'unclaimed' welfare is out there?  What would the federal budget look like if 100% of welfare eligible people were actually on the dole? Double? An extra $1T a year?

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 8:22:33 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This thread is proof that its all over. Just tally up the 'program should be changed to only x and y' responses we're seeing.

For fucks sake, thats still redistribution of wealth. You're just arguing that you can do it more efficiently.

'But there are people that really need it!' Necessity has no bearing when theft comes into play. The proper counter-argument to that is to say that the original party also needs it. As soon as the rebuttal of 'but they don't need it as much' or the proposed welfare recipient 'needs it more than they do', they've handily demonstrated the from-each/to-each wealth distribution commie bullshit.

You've both got a good point here, but its also important to point out that the FSA tends to get looty and burny when suddenly cut off from their free shit. Think of America like a heroin addict and what we are suggesting like methadone.

Ya, but since they burn and loot their own homes out of sheer laziness and ignorance, I'm pretty much OK with that.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 8:28:06 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Eats better meals than I do........

Me too.

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 8:31:59 PM EDT
[#13]
woot, I am so in, where do I sign up

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 8:44:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
“At first, I thought, ‘Why should I be on food stamps?’” said Magida, digging into her dinner. “Here I am, this educated person who went to art school, and there are a lot of people who need them more. But then I realized, I need them, too.”

Ahhhhhhhhh...Hahahahahahahahahahah

What the fuck are you laughing at?   She's hungry, pay up asshole and get back to work.

Yep, that poor young man's roast rabbit isn't just going to jump on his plate all by itself.  

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 8:53:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Hmmmm...

Buy one of these:

Attach fake beard.

Put one of those stupid hipster knit hats on it.

Link Posted: 11/13/2012 8:55:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 9:00:59 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Many here talk about "Going Galt" in order to bring down the system. Getting on the dole in addition to denying the government tax revenue would accelerate the process.

Again, I'm just sayin'...

This would essentially be using a Cloward-Piven strategy. The problem is that when the system breaks, whoever is the best organized are going to be the ones positioned to set up the new system. The left is VERY good at organizing, and have been attempting to enact a Cloward-Piven social welfare overload since the 1960's. While it could potentially work, we are VERY late to that game.

I'm half convinced that 0bama's trying his hardest to hasten the C-P collapse (particularly in light of the spate of discrimination lawsuits they're filing), because he desperately wants to be the one who takes advantage of the crisis to fully socialize the U.S. during the emergency.  His narcissism demands it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2012 9:02:59 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm going to have to tell my mom she was doing it wrong when we were growing up. We actually drove somewhere to get those big blocks of cheese and potatos where they were distributed. Then we went behind the supermarket to get the produce that was being thrown out. We bought chicken hearts and liver when they went on clearance, so we could have meat. A whole lot of beans. Then we worked in the garden all summer, just to feed all ten of us. And not a once did we think that somebody owed us. We were grateful for everything that we had.

Now I look around and I see people that dont work a lick, and they're eating better than me. How the fuck does that work? I fucking hate you pride, you don't ever help and you only hurt. I fucking hate you, you communist cocksuckers. I was raised to hate communists; everything about them is wrong. And suddenly I am surrounded by communist cocksuckers. The enemy isn't over there, he's over here. Why the fuck should I have to work for them?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 9:19:32 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

'But there are people that really need it!' Necessity has no bearing when theft comes into play. The proper counter-argument to that is to say that the original party also needs it. As soon as the rebuttal of 'but they don't need it as much' or the proposed welfare recipient 'needs it more than they do', they've handily demonstrated the from-each/to-each wealth distribution commie bullshit.

Ya, but since they burn and loot their own homes out of sheer laziness and ignorance, I'm pretty much OK with that.

I'd agree with this.  Why should I be required to subsidize their threat of looty/burny?  Mark me down for the 'Okay with calling their bluff' camp, thanks.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 1:04:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
First, look at their fucking jobs. An art school grad and a pro blogger? No fucking wonder they're broke. They have no marketable skills (that they went to school for anyway). It's heir own damn fault for not getting some real skills. On the flip side, I'm glad that at least using the money for actual quality food. I'd rather see them eat healthy and not end up in a hospital for a heart attack or diabetes because they ate at mcdonald every fucking day....

I would rather they ate at McD's every day and then fucking died.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 2:59:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I just don't care anymore.   I say just hurry it along, give everyone anything they want until we implode.    

this
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top