Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:23:02 PM EDT
[#1]
What do you do to combat illegal gun trafficking and illegal gun crime?  Refuse to sell to the Government.

Do you manufacturer and sell assault weapons for civilian use?  No, I manufacture and sell semi automatic firearms for civilian use.  "assault weapons" by definition are capable of full automatic fire which were banned for new manufacture May 19, 1986

Do you agree not to sell certain models of firearms for civilian use?  Nope.

Are you requiring your dealers to conduct background checks?  I have no say in this as it is required by Federal Law.  What the fuck are you?  Retarded?

Do you fund research related to gun violence and smart gun technology?  Fuck no.  smart gun technology is a massive lawsuit waiting to happen.  Are you fucking stupid?

Will you commit to prohibiting your brand name from being used in violent video games?  Nope and Fuck you.

And yes, I am serious that this would be how I answer except that we boycotted NY some time ago.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:24:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Uh, yeah, sounds like glock will be their sole supplier from now on.
View Quote

GLOCK is one of the most unabashedly pro-2A companies around.

They told the gov to get lost when S&W was installing Hillary Holes and Ruger was actively trying to fuck over gun owners.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:26:39 PM EDT
[#3]
What do you do to combat illegal gun trafficking and illegal gun crime? We refuse to sell firearms to the ATF.
Do you manufacturer and sell assault weapons for civilian use? We do not manufacture select fire weapons chambered in an intermediate cartridge for civilian use.
Do you agree not to sell certain models of firearms for civilian use? We do not manufacture weapons not suitable for civilian use in accordance with the USSC ruling in United States v. Miller
Are you requiring your dealers to conduct background checks? We require our dealers to follow all applicable federal laws.
Do you fund research related to gun violence and smart gun technology? Our company does extensive firearm R&D research which is proprietary and a trade secret including, but not limited to, metallurgy, ergonomics, manual and automatic safeties, electromagnetic radiation, chemistry ect.
Will you commit to prohibiting your brand name from being used in violent video games?” Safety and the highest level of training for our Armed forces is a primary concern for us at ACME manufacturing.  We our proud to feature our brand name and logo in several video games used in training for our brave men and women in our armed services. By there very nature, these games used as training aids are hyper realistic, and violent.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:27:14 PM EDT
[#4]
ANY COMPANY THAT PUTS A BID IN,AND ANSWERS THESE QUESTIONS WILL NEVER BE ABLE SELL TO THE CIVILIAN MARKET AGAIN
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:29:57 PM EDT
[#5]
A simple response would be - "no bid".

It is highly unlikely any businessman would do that.

This sounds like a marketer/lobbyist got to the procurement committee and "suggested" a few questions be asked of the other bidders.  Given that they were already doing these things, were the other bidders also doing them or would they commit to doing them?  

I wonder iof there are any contractual enforcement provisions, linkages to future performance built into the contract.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:32:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

This.

Be funny when nobody Hipoint bids
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gun MF's should just cut those MF's off.

This.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:32:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

This.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:32:21 PM EDT
[#8]
To the Mayor of Jersey City, good luck with that.  If I was a CEO of any firearm company and look at questions 2 and 3 ( "Do you manufacturer and sell assault weapons for civilian use?" and "Do you agree not to sell certain models of firearms for civilian use? "), I'd have to think long and hard about selling 100's of guns to this one Police Force or 1000's of guns to US Citizens.  As the Mayor, you're limiting yourself to Glock, Bersa, or some other foreign firearm design.  Even Taurus and Hi-Point make "assault weapons" when you take in account their 9mm carbines.  If a S&W, SIG, or a Colt sized-company decides to bid and no longer sell assault weapons and certain other models to civilians, they would be crucified by the majority of the  gun-owning population.

James
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:32:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Gun manufacturers are going to have to have the discussion sooner or later about selling to these sort of folks. It would be better for all involved if they would do it now while we still hold power over the anti gunners in most of the country.

The whole anti gun train could be derailed in one or two years of concerted effort by the gun companies, and ammunition companies not selling or servicing any guns or selling any ammo to any agency in a pro gun control city or state.

View Quote

Nope... police contracts are too lucrative for them.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:33:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
And if all the gun makers tell them to fuck off (unlikely unfortunately) where will the cops get their guns???
View Quote

Hi Point?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:35:07 PM EDT
[#11]

In a perfect world

NJ mayor "Answer these questions"

Gun Makers "Are you a member of the selection committee?"

NJ mayor "No"

Gun Makers "Go fuck yourself then"

NJ mayor "No, I will not fuck myself"

Gun Maker (to 3 hulking ex special forces consultants in the room) "Guys, help the mayor to fuck him self"

NJ mayor "OK, just lube up the dildo first...please"
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:36:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What do you do to combat illegal gun trafficking and illegal gun crime? We refuse to sell firearms to the ATF.
Do you manufacturer and sell assault weapons for civilian use? We do not manufacture select fire weapons chambered in an intermediate cartridge for civilian use.
Do you agree not to sell certain models of firearms for civilian use? We do not manufacture weapons not suitable for civilian use in accordance with the USSC ruling in United States v. Miller
Are you requiring your dealers to conduct background checks? We require our dealers to follow all applicable federal laws.
Do you fund research related to gun violence and smart gun technology? Our company does extensive firearm R&D research which is proprietary and a trade secret including, but not limited to, metallurgy, ergonomics, manual and automatic safeties, electromagnetic radiation, chemistry ect.
Will you commit to prohibiting your brand name from being used in violent video games?” Safety and the highest level of training for our Armed forces is a primary concern for us at ACME manufacturing.  We our proud to feature our brand name and logo in several video games used in training for our brave men and women in our armed services. By there very nature, these games used as training aids are hyper realistic, and violent.

View Quote

Acme, huh?

Guess you're going to have to stop selling Wile E. Coyote stuff.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:38:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:42:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My sarcasm meter might be broken. If they haven't signed and sworn away their constitutional rights for a specified period of time, they are civilians. If they can just walk away from a job any time they feel like it with no legal consequences, they are a civilian. I respect and appreciate the job they do, but they are civilians.
View Quote

You're incorrect.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:58:19 PM EDT
[#15]
As if law enforcement will buy nothing if they don't like the answers. Take it or leave it should be the response. I hope they get screwed in the bids and sold a bunch of factory seconds at triple retail price. Screw blue scum States.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:05:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The winning bid will be evident from what they're carrying. I'd imagine you could FOIA everything after the contract is awarded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm wondering who will win the bid and whether or not the bid submissions are publicly accessible.

The winning bid will be evident from what they're carrying. I'd imagine you could FOIA everything after the contract is awarded.

This is exactly right, they are also bound by law to provide the criteria by which they came to their decision
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:11:51 PM EDT
[#17]
No guns for you or your department.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:16:03 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

It would be nice if all the manufacturers just stopped selling to NJ.
View Quote

This. Basically, the gun makers could tell the police agencies in NJ to just go pound sand and have a nice day.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:20:04 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm sure they're not reading this. But gun manufacturers would do well to remember the purchase power of the public when answering those questions or doing business with that city.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:22:42 PM EDT
[#20]
I guess they can start buying up Nagant Revolvers.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:25:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
"What do you mean we didn't get any bids for the contract?  We have to pay MSRP at the gun shop just like anyone else?"
View Quote

Yep.

May they be stuck buying their holsters, guns and ammo all from Gander Mountain.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:29:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Well, it looks like HK is in their future.
View Quote

Lol, wut?

I can't think of a single firearms company that's featured in more video games than HK
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:30:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Would be sweet to see LE sales to NJ suspended across the board.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 8:56:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Why not just do a mass e-mail to the MFG's suggesting that if they cave in to the NJ questions how it would affect future sales in the civilian market.
Also don't sent one email to one company and one to another. Let them see it is going to all of them.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:04:11 PM EDT
[#25]
They should pull a Barrett on them
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:09:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

For the win...later NJ.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:14:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Just how big is the Jesery City contract and are the questions designed to exclude manufactures or give favor to a specific manufacture?  See you in court ass holes,
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:18:03 PM EDT
[#28]
I'd leave the questions blank and prefix a "1" on all the prices.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:31:29 PM EDT
[#29]

Looks like its between Gamo and Daisy for New Jersey.  

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:38:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:40:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Tag.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:42:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

We're too much of a market.  Will never happen.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:52:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Remember in 2002 when a bunch of police agencies sued Ford over the gas tanks in the crown vics ?  

Here is an excerpt:

Jim Feeney, an attorney for Ford, said approximately 120 police agencies in the state have dropped out of the lawsuit and more are planning to. He said the automaker just wants the departments to decide if they really want to sue.

"The bottom line is either they are serious about the lawsuit and the claims in the lawsuit or they're not," he said. "If you think the vehicle is unsafe - we don't - but if you do, don't expect us to supply you vehicles."

The Crown Victorias have been the focus of legal battles since 2002, when municipalities around the country began alleging in lawsuits that the vehicles explode too easily in rear collisions.
View Quote

Basically Ford made them blink.   The gun makers should too.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:04:06 PM EDT
[#34]
They'll get their guns.  They might be Springfield XDs, but they'll get their guns.

We can't have it both ways.  This is how capitalism and free markets work.

Would put Christie in a bind for 2016 (not that he has many fans here anyway) if there is a push to adopt this stupidity state wide.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:22:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
This is simply nauseating.

http://wtvr.com/2013/12/11/new-jersey-mayor-wants-gun-bidders-to-answer-safety-questions/

The revised bid specifications include six questions intended to gauge the gun manufacturer’s responsibility to public safety, according to city documents.

The answers will impact the firm’s competitiveness, Fulop said. Refusal to answer the questions will deem their proposals incomplete.

The six questions are: “What do you do to combat illegal gun trafficking and illegal gun crime? Do you manufacturer and sell assault weapons for civilian use? Do you agree not to sell certain models of firearms for civilian use? Are you requiring your dealers to conduct background checks? Do you fund research related to gun violence and smart gun technology? Will you commit to prohibiting your brand name from being used in violent video games?”
View Quote
View Quote

1.That's the ATF's job, not ours.
2.Of course we do. How else would we sell rifles to your police officers, who are themselves, CIVILIANS?
3.We restrict our sales to Civilians according to current state and federal law.
4.The Federal Government requires our dealers to conduct background checks. If they don't want to end up in prison, they are conducting background checks.
5.No. That shit will not work.
6.No. They pay better than you do.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:28:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You're incorrect.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My sarcasm meter might be broken. If they haven't signed and sworn away their constitutional rights for a specified period of time, they are civilians. If they can just walk away from a job any time they feel like it with no legal consequences, they are a civilian. I respect and appreciate the job they do, but they are civilians.

You're incorrect.

I'll say this as a former cop. You're wrong. Cops are civilians.

If you're not in the military, you're a civilian. I really don't give a shit what some fucktard who wrote the blurb from dictionary.com says.

That shit says Firefighters aren't civilians either. Are you fucking kidding me? Lol.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:33:47 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If you're not in the military, you're a civilian. I really don't give a shit what some fucktard who wrote the blurb from dictionary.com says.

That shit says Firefighters aren't civilians either. Are you fucking kidding me? Lol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're incorrect.

Dunno why people get hung up on civilians v non.

I am civilian.  Big whoop.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 10:56:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Their cops will end up with Mosin Nagant patrol rifles.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:01:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Jersey City?

Doubt the patrol guys even have rifles.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:10:57 PM EDT
[#40]

uh oh!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Fulop

Upon graduating from college, Fulop joined Goldman Sachs, the investment banking firm, first working in Chicago and later in downtown Manhattan as well as in Jersey City. After working in financial services for several years in downtown Manhattan and seeing first hand the effects of the September 11 attacks, he decided to put his career at Goldman Sachs on hold and join the United States Marine Corps.[5]

Shortly after completion of Marine Corps boot camp, on January 14, 2003 his Reserve Unit was activated and Fulop was deployed to Iraq, where he served as part of the 6th Engineer Support Battalion for a period of 6 months. He traveled into Baghdad in the early weeks of the war. The battalion focused on engineering, logistics, water purification, and fuel. He and his unit were recipients of numerous awards and recognition for service including the Overseas Service Ribbon, Meritorious Masts, and the Presidential Unit Citation. His unit was part of the support and infrastructure that allowed the swift movement through Iraq. His unit was written about in numerous periodicals during the war which highlighted the company's movements, their contributions to the war, and the challenges that they encountered. The New Jersey Star Ledger highlighted Fulop on several occasions as a result of his choice to leave the comforts of a financial services job to serve his country. After his service in Iraq, Fulop returned to Goldman Sachs.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 11:13:12 PM EDT
[#41]
eh…fuck New Jersey.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:48:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:04:51 AM EDT
[#43]
Let's see who gets the contract.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:14:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Would of been an improvement over what I had as a patrol rifle.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:19:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To this day I simply CANNOT grasp the concept of how undergunned they sent you NYC cops out there to do your job.

How in the FUCK can you justify NOT giving them a shotgun or semi-auto rifle for the trunk of their cars!!??

It's just so fucking stupid that it defies logic.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:20:02 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup.....and don't warranty their shit either. Once their shit wears out send them a questionnaire regarding what are they doing to repeal onerous gun laws affecting civilian gun ownership.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:22:12 AM EDT
[#47]
If I assault someone with a fork, is my fork an assault weapon ?

Wtf is an assault weapon ?

Why do cops need "assault weapon" ?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:28:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Well, it looks like HK is in their future.
View Quote

More like Glock.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:29:48 AM EDT
[#49]
What do you do to combat illegal gun trafficking and illegal gun crime?
    Enforcing the law is the job of law enforcement.  Since we are not sworn law enforcement officers, we do not investigate criminal activity.

Do you manufacturer and sell assault weapons for civilian use?
    Select fire firearms are not legal to sell to civilians.  The answer is no.

Do you agree not to sell certain models of firearms for civilian use?
    Yes.  We will not sell firearms that are not up to our standards for quality and reliability.

Are you requiring your dealers to conduct background checks?
    Our dealers are required to conduct background checks by federal law.

Do you fund research related to gun violence and smart gun technology?
    No.  

Will you commit to prohibiting your brand name from being used in violent video games?
    Yes.  We would not agree to allow our brand name to be used in a video game without appropriate compensation.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:30:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
How in the FUCK can you justify NOT giving them a shotgun or semi-auto rifle for the trunk of their cars!!??
View Quote

Look at any of the "militarization of the police" threads for your answer.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top