Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 12/11/2013 6:00:40 PM EDT
This is simply nauseating.

http://wtvr.com/2013/12/11/new-jersey-mayor-wants-gun-bidders-to-answer-safety-questions/

The revised bid specifications include six questions intended to gauge the gun manufacturer’s responsibility to public safety, according to city documents.

The answers will impact the firm’s competitiveness, Fulop said. Refusal to answer the questions will deem their proposals incomplete.

The six questions are: “What do you do to combat illegal gun trafficking and illegal gun crime? Do you manufacturer and sell assault weapons for civilian use? Do you agree not to sell certain models of firearms for civilian use? Are you requiring your dealers to conduct background checks? Do you fund research related to gun violence and smart gun technology? Will you commit to prohibiting your brand name from being used in violent video games?”
View Quote

This is an epic mixture of hypocrisy and complete ignorance. First they ask gun makers to supply them with evil guns, but ask whether those same evil guns are also sold to the public. Fucking elitist douchebags. Then they show how fucking stupid they are by asking whether the gun maker requires dealers to do background checks, as though that's some kind of "optional" thing for dealers throughout the entire fucking country.

This infuriates me.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:01:46 PM EDT
[#1]
good grief
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:02:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Gadzooks. Now I have AIDS.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:02:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Gun MF's should just cut those MF's off.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:03:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, it looks like HK is in their future.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:05:45 PM EDT
[#5]
And if all the gun makers tell them to fuck off (unlikely unfortunately) where will the cops get their guns???
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:05:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Perhaps they should just arm their officers with pointed sticks?

With rubber caps on the points...

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:06:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:06:26 PM EDT
[#8]
WTF?  How about no more for you.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:06:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
And if all the gun makers tell them to fuck off (unlikely unfortunately) where will the cops get their guns???
View Quote

From straw purchases in Virginia, obviously. Don't you read Bloomturd's newsletter?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:06:35 PM EDT
[#10]
It would be nice if all the manufacturers just stopped selling to NJ.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:06:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or Red Ryders.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:06:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

This isn't Canada.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:07:03 PM EDT
[#13]
The do most of those anyways. They can't cell machineguns to civilians. The only real issue is the video game.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:07:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds fine to me. Anything more than that is "designed only to mow down as many people as possible," and of course no responsible person needs such a death machine.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:07:54 PM EDT
[#15]
1.  Not a damn thing.
2.  Sure as hell do.

3.  Go fuck yourself.

4.  That is required by law.

5.  Go fuck yourself.

6.  Go fuck yourself.

Apologies for the profanity, but stupidity deserves no respect.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:08:50 PM EDT
[#16]
"What do you mean we didn't get any bids for the contract?  We have to pay MSRP at the gun shop just like anyone else?"
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:09:06 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Or Red Ryders.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Or Red Ryders.

But...but...they'd put their eyes out!

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:09:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
1.  Not a damn thing.2.  Sure as hell do.
3.  Go fuck yourself.
4.  That is required by law.
5.  Go fuck yourself.
6.  Go fuck yourself.

Apologies for the profanity, but stupidity deserves no respect.
View Quote

Those were my initial thoughts as well.

A more coy gun maker could simply make some assumptions and answer most of them in a way that wouldn't hurt their bid.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:10:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Simple solution, don't sell to NJ.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:10:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

http://wtvr.com/2013/12/11/new-jersey-mayor-wants-gun-bidders-to-answer-safety-questions/

The revised bid specifications include six questions intended to gauge the gun manufacturer’s responsibility to public safety, according to city documents.

The answers will impact the firm’s competitiveness, Fulop said. Refusal to answer the questions will deem their proposals incomplete.

The six questions are: “What do you do to combat illegal gun trafficking and illegal gun crime? Do you manufacturer and sell assault weapons for civilian use? Do you agree not to sell certain models of firearms for civilian use? Are you requiring your dealers to conduct background checks? Do you fund research related to gun violence and smart gun technology? Will you commit to prohibiting your brand name from being used in violent video games?”
View Quote

This is an epic mixture of hypocrisy and complete ignorance. First they ask gun makers to supply them with evil guns, but ask whether those same evil guns are also sold to the public. Fucking elitist douchebags. Then they show how fucking stupid they are by asking whether the gun maker requires dealers to do background checks, as though that's some kind of "optional" thing for dealers throughout the entire fucking country.

This infuriates me.
View Quote
1.Nothing
2.Yes
3.No
4.I don't control that.
5.Hell no.
6. I wish they would.

Think ill get a contract?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:12:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

This should make it a lot harder to run around confiscating guns.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:12:13 PM EDT
[#22]
It'd be great if all manufactures just refused to sell them anything. Of course we know  that won't happen.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:12:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Simple solution, don't sell to NJ.
View Quote

I wont deal with them.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:12:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Jersey city is a fucking shithole. Fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:13:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

This isn't Canada.
View Quote

No. It's worse.  It's New Jersey.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:13:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It'd be great if all manufactures just refused to sell them anything. Of course we know  that won't happen.
View Quote

Most of us won't,  but bigger companies will.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:14:42 PM EDT
[#27]
I wish more manufacturers would follow Barrett and refuse to sell to LEO, let them police Jerseystan with sticks and tasers.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:14:43 PM EDT
[#28]
ARs are only good for indiscriminately mowing down school children and bystanders.

That's why the the police need them.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:14:51 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm wondering who will win the bid and whether or not the bid submissions are publicly accessible.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:15:04 PM EDT
[#30]
The answer to all six questions is "nuts".
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:16:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I'm wondering who will win the bid and whether or not the bid submissions are publicly accessible.
View Quote

The winning bid will be evident from what they're carrying. I'd imagine you could FOIA everything after the contract is awarded.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:20:08 PM EDT
[#32]
I bet if glock or s&w or springfield just gave them weapons, they would further their hypocrisy by tearing up those questions.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:20:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The winning bid will be evident from what they're carrying. I'd imagine you could FOIA everything after the contract is awarded.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can FOIA details of the winners contract but not the winner's bid itself.  That's proprietary.

All the companies are just gonna answer with what they expect the Govt wants to hear anyways.  It's not binding in any way.

ETA: What will be fun is when a losing company protests the award.  This is no different than asking bidders to answer if they voted Dem or Rep, or if they donate to a specific charity, or if they support any other political issue.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:23:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I bet if glock or s&w or springfield just gave them weapons, they would further their hypocrisy by tearing up those questions.
View Quote

I wonder if they actually bothered to look at whether there are any public procurement laws in NJ that would prohibit them from doing what they're proposing? It's seems unlikely to me that a public agency or locality can say "we're not going to award the contract to the lowest conforming bid - instead, we're going to award it to this more expensive one, because we like their answers to some vague questions about whether their products are featured in video games."

That just sounds like a lawsuit waiting to happen, to me.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:24:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Gun manufacturers are going to have to have the discussion sooner or later about selling to these sort of folks. It would be better for all involved if they would do it now while we still hold power over the anti gunners in most of the country.

The whole anti gun train could be derailed in one or two years of concerted effort by the gun companies, and ammunition companies not selling or servicing any guns or selling any ammo to any agency in a pro gun control city or state.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:27:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:28:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Gun manufacturers are going to have to have the discussion sooner or later about selling to these sort of folks. It would be better for all involved if they would do it now while we still hold power over the anti gunners in most of the country.

The whole anti gun train could be derailed in one or two years of concerted effort by the gun companies, and ammunition companies not selling or servicing any guns or selling any ammo to any agency in a pro gun control city or state.

View Quote

Wouldn't that be something.  They would be arming their officers with Louisville Sluggers and Chloroform.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:31:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Gun MF's should just cut those MF's off.
View Quote

This.

Be funny when nobody Hipoint bids
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:31:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Maybe Mattel can satisfy their requirements.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:32:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Easily rendered into whatever they want.

So easy a kindergarten chile can do it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:36:03 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote
Glock or S&W.  They don't give a shit.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:36:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

This infuriates me.
View Quote

Last time I checked, police are civilians.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:50:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This infuriates me.

you obviously havent checked in a long time.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:54:49 PM EDT
[#45]
The end product of the selection process:

The runner up.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:04:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This infuriates me.

My sarcasm meter might be broken. If they haven't signed and sworn away their constitutional rights for a specified period of time, they are civilians. If they can just walk away from a job any time they feel like it with no legal consequences, they are a civilian. I respect and appreciate the job they do, but they are civilians.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:08:55 PM EDT
[#47]

So this slackjawed sheepfucking retard of a mayor expects a gun company to walk away from a market of millions of citizens who can (and do) legally buy guns to get a contract to sell guns to his podunk little police department of 800 officers?

Christ, my dog understands math better than these yahoos.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:14:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

This infuriates me.
View Quote

No, we let gun dealers sell to anyone with no background check

Since when do manufacturers control that?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:15:26 PM EDT
[#49]
How to answer the questions:

What do you do to combat illegal gun trafficking and illegal gun crime?  They're the police, that's their job.

Do you manufacturer and sell assault weapons for civilian use? We manufacture and sell only legal products.

Do you agree not to sell certain models of firearms for civilian use? We will not sell unlawful products.

Are you requiring your dealers to conduct background checks? Dealer background checks have been required by federal law for nearly 2 decades.

Do you fund research related to gun violence and smart gun technology? Our training division gives instruction on the proper use of firearms.

Will you commit to prohibiting your brand name from being used in violent video games?” Feel free to compensate us for the lost business and we'll be happy to.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 7:21:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top