Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 10:49:36 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
We are in the process of buying land and having a new house built. Spending more money than we need to because it's just us, no kids. I'm very stressed out right now.

Anyway, she is also planning a cruise for the fall. I took a weeks vacation in Oct and 2 in Nov. Last year we went on a cruise and it just happened to coincide with her 'time of the month'.

She has 3 weeks to choose from so she wants to be sure the same thing doesn't happen again. Last month she marked it on the calendar and did the math to see when it should start those months. Anyway it was due to start this week. Everyday she has told me it hasn't yet. I blew it off and said it will fluctuate.

So I'm at home talking to a friend on the phone and he's telling me how he only slept 2 hours last night because of his new born. I'm thinking how bad that must suck. I'm also wondering what my wife is doing on her lunch because she hasn't called or responded to my text.

As my friend is talking my phone beeps that I'm getting a text from my wife. I hit open and this is what I get:
"Your going to be a daddy".

I freak for half an hour calling her phone and sending text messages. She finally calls back laughing and says she was just joking, her thing started today.

I don't think that is at all a funny joke to play on someone, especially at this time in our life. Sorry, I had to tell someone.

if it upset you that much then........leave the pie to us!

lighten up man she got you.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 10:53:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Next time she pulls it.....

Say "Oh"......"I was waiting to tell you, but 6 months ago, I got a Vasectomy, and I was going to surprise you with the news".

Link Posted: 7/18/2008 11:01:02 AM EDT
[#3]
SIIHPAPP!!!

Sorry, I know that's completely inappropriate...

Otherwise, I think she might be fishing to check your response too.
Time to sit down &  talk.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 11:02:17 AM EDT
[#4]
The waiting 30 minutes before telling you is the f'ed up part. That's a  l o n g  time.

Tell her you have a serious illness, then wait 30 minutes to tell her the truth.  Unless, of coarse, you don't want to jinx yourself.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 11:08:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 11:17:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Same thing happend to me in April.  Bought some land, bought a house, kids graduated high school.....

Then she keeps telling me she is late...blah blah blah ..menopause...grumpy..blah blah blah...

Only difference is she wasn't joking....due date Dec 1.

I wonder if the Nusring home will let us take the bus to the kids graduation?

Dan
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 3:09:27 PM EDT
[#7]
My buddy is in his 40s. His wife is 49. She's late. I couldn't help but laugh. Still waiting to see what happens.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 3:51:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
There's a lot more going on here.

She may really be pregnant.   His half hour of text messages, voice mails and general "holy fuck" freak out may make him a victim of an abortion he doesn't know about.

Her repeated comments the last several days are indeed, as someone says, feeling out his response for an unplanned pregnancy.   But taking it so far as to send a text?  

I wonder if she didn't wind up preggo and, knowing he would lose his shit, put that last test out there before scheduling a D&C.

To the OP:   Didn't you and your wife talk about children before you got married?

Because it is plain you are on the wrong page, or I should say, different pages from each other.

The scenario I describe actually happened to a good friend of mine.   The abortion destroyed her as she could never live with herself, and when he found out, he knew he had a major role in it.    Their divorce was in trouble, but about a year later, after they had counseling and had gotten back on track, his wife was killed in a car accident.

Your story doesn't have a very happy ending.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:10:53 PM EDT
[#9]
It really depends on the relationship you have with her, as one poster said. Between some couples, it may work - others, not so much.

Personally, I wouldn't do that. My husband hears about it any time that I'm even hours late, so I'm sure if I tried springing something like that on him, he wouldn't believe me anyway. Even if I didn't keep him that informed, I'd consider it kinda messed up.

On the one hand, if it's completely unplanned, that's 30 minutes of freaking out thinking how you're going to deal with it and how you're going to adapt to such a major change in your life when you already have as much going on as you do. On the other hand, if you two are trying for a baby, it would be really cruel of her to let you sit for 30 minutes, elated about something that's not even true.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:37:45 PM EDT
[#10]
It was a joke, if you are in a comfortable marriage and both are secure in yourselves, treat it as such, and remember that you owe her one.  Keep her waiting.  Then zap her.

Look at many of the answers you got.  No wonder the divorce rate is so high around here.

Too bad you didn't have a buddy call her back and tell her, you just jumped out the window.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#11]
my wife did that to me 4 times, but it wasnt a joke. either time.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:44:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Yeah, she wants to be pregnant soon.  but wants to make sure your going to be happy when she lets you in on the plan.  common tactic
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:54:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Cruel, yes.

But to the people saying he should bail, or "never trust that woman again", WTF?  Even if she made the mistake of playing a cruel joke, even if she's testing the waters on having children, what part of MARRIAGE IS A COMMITMENT do you not understand?

If it were part of an ongoing pattern of mental cruelty, I can see the problem, and among the solutions might be dissolution of the marriage.  But if it's just a one-time, poorly thought out joke, or even an occasional lapse of good judgment, you need to stick by your COMMITMENT and deal with it.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 4:55:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Cruel, yes.

But to the people saying he should bail, or "never trust that woman again", WTF?  Even if she made the mistake of playing a cruel joke, even if she's testing the waters on having children, what part of MARRIAGE IS A COMMITMENT do you not understand?

If it were part of an ongoing pattern of mental cruelty, I can see the problem, and among the solutions might be dissolution of the marriage.  But if it's just a one-time, poorly thought out joke, or even an occasional lapse of good judgment, you need to stick by your COMMITMENT and deal with it.  

There's an honesty part in there too.

ETA: Or supposed to be anyway...
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:02:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I thought it was funny. Of course it goes without saying that I would be plotting my revenge.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:03:58 PM EDT
[#16]
If you don't want kids, why aren't you snipped?

RF
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:06:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Get over yourself.....................Its called a practical joke and you fell for it hook, line and sinker.  

Did you miss the sense of humor line?
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:26:49 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
If you don't want kids, why aren't you snipped?

RF

What he said. Sounds like she's testing the waters. Even if she isn't the pill isn't always effective.
Link Posted: 7/18/2008 5:35:03 PM EDT
[#19]
My wife and I pulled this stunt on my mom... it was epic.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:30:29 AM EDT
[#20]
UPDATE:

Your not going to believe this.

All the jokes half you guys said I should play back on her, like 'my girlfriend da da da'.
That's what she was fishing for. This wasn't a joke but a trap.

We are both 37. We don't have kids and have decided not to. If this did happen it would be a surprise to us both, especially me. I'm stressed out with my job and all we are doing now.

Thing is this week she went to visit her mother. She had a friend from work over. This woman is an American Indian of some sort. Says she is spiritual bla bla bla. She puts her hand on my wife and starts 'fortune telling'. Tells her I'm a Falcon that sees all and she is Water. Whatever that means. She asks if I have ever done anything wrong and my wife says no. Witch woman tells her she has 'blinders on' and should open her eyes.

I didn't know about this. Now I found out for the last couple days my wife has been checking up on me. Doing what this woman told her to. Looking at my cell phone records, looking through my wallet at my debit receipts because I don't use cash, looking at my work log book(hours worked), etc.

Seeing how she knows I don't want a child now she thought if she dropped that on me I would freak and come clean about cheating, having a girlfriend, etc.

Side note. The Indian told her that her dad has a separate life we don't know about. Like he has other children out there we don't know about. What the hell is this woman's point? Go around trying to ruin peoples lives?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:39:47 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
UPDATE:

All the jokes half you guys said I should play back on her, like 'my girlfriend da da da'.

We are both 37. We don't have kids and have decided not to. If this did happen it would be a surprise to us both, especially me. I'm stressed out with my job and all we are doing now.

Thing is this week she went to visit her mother. She had a friend from work over. This woman is an American Indian of some sort. Says she is spiritual bla bla bla. She puts her hand on my wife and starts 'fortune telling'. Tells her I'm a Falcon that sees all and she is Water. Whatever that means. She asks if I have ever done anything wrong and my wife says no. Witch woman tells her she has 'blinders on' and should open her eyes.

I didn't know about this. Now I found out for the last couple days my wife has been checking up on me. Doing what this woman told her to. Looking at my cell phone records, looking through my wallet at my debit receipts because I don't use cash, looking at my work log book(hours worked), etc.

Seeing how she knows I don't want a child now she thought if she dropped that on me I would freak and come clean about cheating, having a girlfriend, etc.

Side note. The Indian told her that her dad has a separate life we don't know about. Like he has other children out there we don't know about. What the hell is this woman's point? Go around trying to ruin peoples lives?

Wow...sounds like trouble ahead.

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:41:58 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

What the hell is this woman's point? Go around trying to ruin peoples lives?

The "Indian" woman (who probably isn't Indian) is angling for money, one way or another.

Your gf may need several "spiritual treatments" to set things right -- these will involve money.

Sounds like a pretty typical gypsy bunco set up with a "fortuneteller".

Research gypsy bunco scams
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:42:05 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
UPDATE:

Your wife needs to give this indian woman a new indian name "Bitch with black eye"
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:43:03 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

She may really be pregnant.   His half hour of text messages, voice mails and general "holy fuck" freak out may make him a victim of an abortion he doesn't know about.

Her repeated comments the last several days are indeed, as someone says, feeling out his response for an unplanned pregnancy.   But taking it so far as to send a text?  

I wonder if she didn't wind up preggo and, knowing he would lose his shit, put that last test out there before scheduling a D&C.

To the OP:   Didn't you and your wife talk about children before you got married?

Because it is plain you are on the wrong page, or I should say, different pages from each other.

The scenario I describe actually happened to a good friend of mine.   The abortion destroyed her as she could never live with herself, and when he found out, he knew he had a major role in it.    Their divorce was in trouble, but about a year later, after they had counseling and had gotten back on track, his wife was killed in a car accident.

Big ass mother fucking plus the biggest mother fucking one in the history of mother fucking.

I had the same fucking shit pulled on me.  G/f told me she was pregnant. Due to the fact that she had lied about it before, I was not inclined to believe her and threw a shit fit.  Needless to say she really was pregnant and got an abortion.  Now I'll never be able to see my son/daughter that would have been.  

Fucked up thing is I still blame myself more than I blame her.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:45:43 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
UPDATE:

<snip>

Your wife needs to give this indian woman a new indian name "Bitch with black eye"

+1
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:51:09 AM EDT
[#26]
That's fucked up.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:55:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Mark my words:

This is a gypsy bunco scam.

The gf HAS been doing what the "fortuneteller" told her to do -- and that is get all of your financial information!!!

The fortuneteller will have to take things like your bank statements, credit cards, etc and "perform rituals over them".

She's probably not Indian at all -- but a traditional scam artist.  They get very, very conniving at this.

Please be aware that your financial information your gf went through "looking for evidence" of infidelities, etc -- is probably in the hands of a bunco artist.

The scammer is convincing your gf of your infidelities, to get the gf to trust the scammer, not you.

This is not a traditional Indian healer or Wise Woman.  

This is a scammer, probably a traditional gypsy scammer.

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:57:58 AM EDT
[#28]
psyops4fun is right on the money.

ETA: If your wife choses to believe her instead of you it means she's telling her what she wants to hear, which screams for some talk time with your wife to clear what's on her mind about her views of you.

Not looking good.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 12:00:14 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
psyops4fun is right on the money.

ETA: If your wife choses to believe her instead of you it means she's telling her what she wants to hear, which screams for some talk time with your wife to clear what's on her mind about her views of you.

Not looking good.

This^^^
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 12:07:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 12:08:59 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Well it is now time to return the favor Tell her you are relieved your girlfriend just said the same thing

Or... the vasectomy you had 5 years back .. you KNOW it worked..
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 12:11:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 12:13:32 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
UPDATE:

The "Witch Woman" is ether a feminist trying to wreck a marriage or pulling some "get back at the "white man" bullshit. That bitch needs to have her ass kicked around the block a few times. And if your wife takes the word of some bat shit crazy friend over her husband's without proof, then SHE is the one with the problem.

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 12:16:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Ugh.  

Holy fuck.

You are in a bad way.   Notice that the batshit crazy stuff is going on at your M.I.L.'s house.

Once the mother in law turns on you, you are well and truly fucked unless you move out of the same town.  

I caution you to begin making arrangements for your financial protection.   You may not want  to eject, but your situation is perilous.

Do you realize that your wife, who swore vows before your family, friends, and the lord God hisownself, is taking the advice of some sort of stranger, a gypsy-like, woman with seeming ill intent?

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 12:18:47 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
UPDATE:

Then why don't you go get fixed?  30min. fix and you'll never have to worry.  

Your wife needs new friends.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 12:29:03 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

next time send her back "who'd I knock up?"

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 12:41:38 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Big ass mother fucking plus the biggest mother fucking one in the history of mother fucking.

I had the same fucking shit pulled on me.  G/f told me she was pregnant. Due to the fact that she had lied about it before, I was not inclined to believe her and threw a shit fit.  Needless to say she really was pregnant and got an abortion.  Now I'll never be able to see my son/daughter that would have been.  

Fucked up thing is I still blame myself more than I blame her.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 12:43:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Let's try to break this down step by step:

Quoted:

Thing is this week she went to visit her mother.

This began at momma-in-law's house.  Wife couldn't just talk to you, ask questions, reason things out.

She had a friend from work over. This woman is an American Indian of some sort.

Probably not Indian.  Sure, there are Indian Wise Women, but they counsel with people when asked to do so.  They are not usually paid money, but given nice gifts in exchange for seeing after the person's spiritual wellbeing and giving good advice.

On the other hand, gypsy bunco artists have learned the scam that people are all fascinated by "Indians" and that Indians are supposed to have magical spiritual powers.

And how many average people can tell the difference between an Indian and a gypsy???

Says she is spiritual bla bla bla. She puts her hand on my wife and starts 'fortune telling'. Tells her I'm a Falcon that sees all and she is Water. Whatever that means.

Pure bullshit.

She asks if I have ever done anything wrong and my wife says no. Witch woman tells her she has 'blinders on' and should open her eyes.

Who among us has never done wrong?  Bunco-Woman was looking for a weakness, a way to get her hooks in.

I didn't know about this.

Wow.  Just 'wow'.  If I had something wierd like that happen to me, I'd come right home and tell my man all about it:  "Hey, I met this gypsy scammer...!"  OR if I didn't realise what the deal was, I would definitely tell him "something wierd and uncomfortable happened to me.  Creepy.  Here's what happened..."

Now I found out for the last couple days my wife has been checking up on me. Doing what this woman told her to.

NOW we enter the heart of what is going on:

The aquisition of financial records.

All of the rest of this is just hocus-pocus.

Looking at my cell phone records, looking through my wallet at my debit receipts because I don't use cash, looking at my work log book(hours worked), etc.

In grand sum total -- Getting your personal and financial information.

Bunco-Woman has got her convinced you were playing around, cheating, etc to get your wife to trust Bunco-Woman and to not trust you.

Side note. The Indian told her that her dad has a separate life we don't know about. Like he has other children out there we don't know about. What the hell is this woman's point?

$$$
Follow the money.  Always, always, always -- Follow the money.

Go around trying to ruin peoples lives?

Nah... that's just collateral.

Bunco-Woman doesn't give a shit one way or another.

All Bunco-Woman wants is your financial information.

All the rest are red herrings and confidence games.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 12:49:30 PM EDT
[#39]
i say lawyer and get restraining order against indian bitch lady.  maybe sue or slandeer as well.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:01:21 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
UPDATE:

Not to sound too much like a columnist, but you need marriage counseling.  NOW.  If your wife won't go with you, go alone.

If some crazy lady can convince your wife to be suspicious of you for no good reason, there is a trust problem in the relationship.  If you and your wife don't repair it, I don't think the outlook is very good.  

Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:06:07 PM EDT
[#41]
I wonder if the op is going to listen to those who have been through the big d or just keep on truckin and get the shaft when the divorce comes. She wants a baby and you won't give her one. She may look for someone who will and they will end up in that new house you are building.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:23:06 PM EDT
[#42]
EJECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:29:06 PM EDT
[#43]
I am an advocate for HOPE and CHANGE here.

I HOPE the OP is busy CHANGING his passwords
to every-freaking-thing under the sun, and treating this as a potential total security breach of his personal financial information.

Forget the wife, I don't give a shit one way or another about her.

My concern is a strong suspicion that the OP's financial records have been breached by a bunco artist.

How do I know this stuff?

I was a social worker for over a decade.

Every square block, and every square mile of everywhere, is "owned" by one gypsy scammer or another.  

I got to know the one who operated in the catchement area of my caseload.

She claimed to be full-blooded Hawaiian.  Around here in Oklahoma, we don't tend to believe that Indians have mystical powers -- but Hawaiians, sure -- they are distant and mysterious.

Of course she wasn't Hawaiian -- she was gypsy.  

But no one with two brain cells is going to turn over their financial stuff for an out and out gypsy to do mumbo-jumbo over.

But a mysterious Hawaiian native?  So she can do traditional Hawaiian mumbo-jumbo?

Sure.  Just like naive people elsewhere trust "Indian" mysterious-blah-blah-spiritual people.

Gypso bunco scammers are *everywhere*.

And they may not have accounting degrees, but they are very, very astute when it comes to money.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:32:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Drive down there and punch that Indian in the eye. Ask her if she saw that coming.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:55:26 PM EDT
[#45]
that is screwed up! I am always amazed of how people will just listen to every word a total stranger will tell them, act on it, and then report back.

as for the joke.. well it wasn't. Its not something to joke about nor take lightly. I always told myself if I ever did end up becoming pregnant with my boyfriend then I would just break it off and never tell him. He always expressed how he never wanted kids. Of course I do not want them now in my life, but later when the time is right I would love to have children. Anyway the point being that lying to someone about becoming a parent is cruel.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:58:59 PM EDT
[#46]
AGAIN....

EJECT
EJECT
EJECT
EJECT
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:03:41 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
And if your wife takes the word of some bat shit crazy friend over her husband's without proof, then SHE is the one with the problem.

Big +1000.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:13:55 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
That was a very sinister bit of manipulation on her part.

From now on YOU have to take 100% responsiblity for birth control.

Do NOT believe her if she tells you she is taking the pill, or if she is doing other precautions.

She is testing you to find out your reaction to an unplanned pregnancy.

There's nothing funny about it.  What she did to you was very, very cruel.

Do NOT trust that woman, especially when it comes to birth control.

This ^
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:17:48 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
UPDATE:

So... your wife caught a dose of teh crazzy.

What does she have to say for herself?
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:21:04 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

next time send her back "who'd I knock up?"

oooooh

'''''writes this down for future use'''''
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top