Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:21:58 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Well it is now time to return the favor Tell her you are relieved your girlfriend just said the same thing

Good one,only tell her it's her sister.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 2:52:53 PM EDT
[#2]
To the OP:

Please do not tip your hand to the wife that you suspect Indian Princess is really Bunco Woman, until you have secured all of your finances and financial records.  You may need to get with your banker, accountant, or anyone else who has anything to do with your money.

Identity theft is also a very real possibility.  See about getting credit data bases "flagged" so that you are notified if anyone applies for credit in your name, etc.

I am NOT an expert here, but you DO need expert advice, and you do need it fast.

You could express strictly emotional concern with your wife -- emotional distress, like "Oh!  What did she say about me?  About us?" and "What did she look like?"  and gather all of the information you can about the incident.

I got to thinking:  These gypsy scammers get ahold of a new victim, knowing very little about them, and they have to figure out how to get to them.  In this case, its simple mathematics:  Female, 37, no kids = Probably wants baby, hubby may not.

Bunco Woman could use this to create divide and distress between your wife and you -- which is exactly what happened.  Your understandably negative response to an unplanned pregnancy alert gave "proof" that you "don't love" her.  I am sure Indian Princess put her up to it, gambling on the odds of how it would all play out.

Never tip your hand that you think Indian Princess is anything but a meddling nuisance.  Do not let wife get wind of the fact that you suspect Indian Princess is a gypsy bunco artist.

Get your finances in order first.  And do it thoroughly and quietly.  NOW.

Keep talk with the wife on a "feelings" level, and you may be able to gather some more information.

But as it stands -- wife trusts Bunco Woman more than she trusts you.

You might consider calling the non-emergency number for your local police department and asking if they have anyone who handles bunco, confidence schemes, and gypsy fortuneteller type scams.  They will not laugh or be shocked.  

These things are quite common.

Hopefully you will be able to save your finances.  Wife may or may not accept reality.
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:06:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
To the OP:

Please do not tip your hand to the wife that you suspect Indian Princess is really Bunco Woman, until you have secured all of your finances and financial records.  You may need to get with your banker, accountant, or anyone else who has anything to do with your money.

Identity theft is also a very real possibility.  See about getting credit data bases "flagged" so that you are notified if anyone applies for credit in your name, etc.

I am NOT an expert here, but you DO need expert advice, and you do need it fast.

You could express strictly emotional concern with your wife -- emotional distress, like "Oh!  What did she say about me?  About us?" and "What did she look like?"  and gather all of the information you can about the incident.

I got to thinking:  These gypsy scammers get ahold of a new victim, knowing very little about them, and they have to figure out how to get to them.  In this case, its simple mathematics:  Female, 37, no kids = Probably wants baby, hubby may not.

Bunco Woman could use this to create divide and distress between your wife and you -- which is exactly what happened.  Your understandably negative response to an unplanned pregnancy alert gave "proof" that you "don't love" her.  I am sure Indian Princess put her up to it, gambling on the odds of how it would all play out.

Never tip your hand that you think Indian Princess is anything but a meddling nuisance.  Do not let wife get wind of the fact that you suspect Indian Princess is a gypsy bunco artist.

Get your finances in order first.  And do it thoroughly and quietly.  NOW.

Keep talk with the wife on a "feelings" level, and you may be able to gather some more information.

But as it stands -- wife trusts Bunco Woman more than she trusts you.

You might consider calling the non-emergency number for your local police department and asking if they have anyone who handles bunco, confidence schemes, and gypsy fortuneteller type scams.  They will not laugh or be shocked.  

Hopefully you will be able to save your finances.  Wife may or may not accept reality.

+1

Many LE web pages have sections dealing specifically with these types of scams.

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:20:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
UPDATE:

Your not going to believe this.

All the jokes half you guys said I should play back on her, like 'my girlfriend da da da'.
That's what she was fishing for. This wasn't a joke but a trap.

We are both 37. We don't have kids and have decided not to. If this did happen it would be a surprise to us both, especially me. I'm stressed out with my job and all we are doing now.

Thing is this week she went to visit her mother. She had a friend from work over. This woman is an American Indian of some sort. Says she is spiritual bla bla bla. She puts her hand on my wife and starts 'fortune telling'. Tells her I'm a Falcon that sees all and she is Water. Whatever that means. She asks if I have ever done anything wrong and my wife says no. Witch woman tells her she has 'blinders on' and should open her eyes.

I didn't know about this. Now I found out for the last couple days my wife has been checking up on me. Doing what this woman told her to. Looking at my cell phone records, looking through my wallet at my debit receipts because I don't use cash, looking at my work log book(hours worked), etc.

Seeing how she knows I don't want a child now she thought if she dropped that on me I would freak and come clean about cheating, having a girlfriend, etc.

Side note. The Indian told her that her dad has a separate life we don't know about. Like he has other children out there we don't know about. What the hell is this woman's point? Go around trying to ruin peoples lives?

Link Posted: 7/19/2008 3:32:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
To the OP:

+1

Many LE web pages have sections dealing specifically with these types of scams.

Here's an excellent one:

www.gypsypsychicscams.com/index.html
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top