BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 9:47:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When you invite the man into your life, you shouldn't leave the house or your car, let them come to you, have all the lights on.  Cops are human they make mistakes, don't help them make a mistake.  Better yet don't invite the man into your life.  She could have called the cops and then stayed put.
View Quote
Lol,if only it were that simple..........

Wonder what the guy that was shot thru his front door thinks?Or the guy in Texas that was killed in his own apartment?

When your go to tool is a hammer,everything looks like a nail.Some people should not be cops.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 9:54:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Wonder what the guy that was shot thru his front door thinks?Or the guy in Texas that was killed in his own apartment?

When your go to tool is a hammer,everything looks like a nail.Some people should not be cops.
View Quote
Yeah, like Muslims
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 10:03:22 AM EDT
[#3]
https://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2019/04/at-the-noor-trial-13.php

Harrity did not mention the alleged “thump” to anyone on the evening of the shooting.

He spent two minutes driving down the alley. He turned off the headlights and dimmed the computer screen to drive “dark.” He did not turn his or the squad camera on. He had the driver’s side window at least halfway down. He asserted that he wasn’t going to “mess with the camera” when he was concerned about safety. He used his spotlight to illuminate the rear of houses near Justine’s. He stopped the squad at one point when he discerned a sound. The only sound he could make out was a dog moaning barking between 5016-5020 Washburn

When Sergeant Barnette arrives, Harrity explains: “We both got spooked.” He did not mention a thump.

Justine’s fingerprints were not found on the squad. The BCA dusted the upper two-thirds of the panels.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 10:05:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The reality is that for some agencies, the BWC craze is already ending, as they've found that they cannot support the associated costs.
SJWs are upset that the cameras didn't support their anti-police rhetoric.
This tech may exist, but its beyond what most agencies and their localities will pay.
A standard police duty holster runs around $200 just for the  holster, already a steep cost per officer.
Agencies aren't going to be willing to double or triple that expense.
Dollars and cents.
I've said this before, but agencies in general are a lot poorer than many here seem to realize.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Since the technology already exists, it’s just a matter of how much society cares about dead citizens.

Body cams were expensive. Many cops didn’t want to wear or use them. And yet they have generally supported officers and their statements, not the bad guys. I expect the same will happen when they are activated by the act of drawing a gun. Sure would have answered a lot of questions here, ya think? Maybe in the mean time departments, and officers, might want to rethink when they start recording. So they don’t get short circuited and miss that part when someone ends up dead.

And I don’t think you individually are doing anything wrong. But I also don’t think anything will change in the Minneapolis PD either, until they are forced to. Again, good cops should be all for this.
The reality is that for some agencies, the BWC craze is already ending, as they've found that they cannot support the associated costs.
SJWs are upset that the cameras didn't support their anti-police rhetoric.
This tech may exist, but its beyond what most agencies and their localities will pay.
A standard police duty holster runs around $200 just for the  holster, already a steep cost per officer.
Agencies aren't going to be willing to double or triple that expense.
Dollars and cents.
I've said this before, but agencies in general are a lot poorer than many here seem to realize.
You honestly think that adding a simple sensor that determines the gun is no longer present would cost up to $400 and is "high tech"?  
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 10:35:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You honestly think that adding a simple sensor that determines the gun is no longer present would cost up to $400 and is "high tech"?  
View Quote
You can bet that by the time it gets to the end users after having a tactical label thrown on it, the cost would be significant.

So yeah, I think that a  sensor durable enough to stand up to years of use,  that communicates with a BWC and turns the BWC on automatically, will not be cheap.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 11:55:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Why not just 24/7 body cams? Wouldn't you like to see live action footage of some cop taking a piss in an alley?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not having a cam turned on because you're not expecting anything is like not having a round chambered.
Let's put an auxilary sensor in the holster that ensures the cam is on if your weapon is drawn.
Why not just 24/7 body cams? Wouldn't you like to see live action footage of some cop taking a piss in an alley?
I haven’t heard that dusty old argument stood up in years. You can suggest I said that, but what did I write? Cams activated by drawing a firearm, and policy and procedure that activates cams just before being on the site or block of a known address/block of a call/response.

I haven’t followed this case beyond occasionally reading threads here on ARF but if these officers were already running dark, shining spotlights, and had guns drawn, EVEN THOUGH they were stil in the car, they were already actively responding. Any officer who doesn’t think it was past time to have activated a cam will probably find themselves jacked up (rightly or wrongly) just like so many other officers have been.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 11:58:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You can bet that by the time it gets to the end users after having a tactical label thrown on it, the cost would be significant.

So yeah, I think that a  sensor durable enough to stand up to years of use,  that communicates with a BWC and turns the BWC on automatically, will not be cheap.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You also called me paranoid for suggesting that police departments would keep a record of plate reader hits and locations so they could retroactively track people.  You stated that it would be too expensive for departments to do, yet it turns out that many are.

Perhaps your estimations of how much "high tech" things like switches would cost isn't a good yardstick.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 11:59:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
How much has this shitshow cost Minneapolis? Is that price ‘significant’?

How much has this damaged community trust in the police? And I’m talking trust of the vast majority of good people in the community, (obviously) not criminals? Go ahead and put a price on that. Ask the officers in Minneapolis.... oh never mind, they won’t testify.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 12:15:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not having a cam turned on because you're not expecting anything is like not having a round chambered.
Let's put an auxilary sensor in the holster that ensures the cam is on if your weapon is drawn.
And answering something you didn’t ask, but since you threw it it out there.....

How many times in cities all over America have we all been frustrated that homeless people just piss and shit anywhere they want, spewing filth with no consequence or police response, and yet you suggest that police do exactly the same thing? Why would you think that is acceptable?

So while I wouldn’t ‘like’ to see it, I think footage of that should be seen by the public, wether it be security cam, cell phone camera, or (if the officer is stupid enough to activate their camera, yes) body cam. Not pissing in the street is the standard we should hold everyone to.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 12:16:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Minneapolis Muslims: Sharia law better than American laws
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 12:17:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

And answering something you didn’t ask, but since you threw it it out there.....

How many times in cities all over America have we all been frustrated that homeless people just piss and shit anywhere they want, spewing filth with no consequence or police response, and yet you suggest that police do exactly the same thing? Why would you think that is acceptable?
View Quote
Because the police are (generally) contributing something tangible and positive to the community, and the homeless are just disposable human beings acting as a drain on society?
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 12:21:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Accidentally on purpose?
View Quote
Shot & killed forgot that little detail in their title...
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 12:22:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 12:23:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Maybe I'm a little harsh. But a Police SGT in command of a scene of a officer involved shooting who turns her cam on and off throughout probably shouldn't be a cop.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 12:23:09 PM EDT
[#15]
I expect that idiot to get at least manslaughter. If he gets off it will be a real injustice and the feds should pick it up.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 12:24:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Because the police are (generally) contributing something tangible and positive to the community, and the homeless are just disposable human beings acting as a drain on society?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait, did you really mean to say it should be legal for cops to piss in public, but not legal for someone else? As in literally piss in public? Legal? Because they are a police officer?
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 12:25:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I expect that idiot to get at least manslaughter. If he gets off it will be a real injustice and the feds should pick it up.
View Quote
Mall of America will become a very dangerous place to shop...not like it isn't already...
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 12:27:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well yeah, and this guy is a shining example of that.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 12:28:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Perhaps your estimations of how much "high tech" things like switches would cost isn't a good yardstick.
View Quote
As I've said many times, most police agencies are much more budget conscious than is recognized here.
They aren't going to buy a holster or tech that kicks a BWC on every time the gun is drawn.
Maybe a few will, most will ..or cannot afford to..do so.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 12:31:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

So while I wouldn’t ‘like’ to see it, I think footage of that should be seen by the public, wether it be security cam, cell phone camera, or (if the officer is stupid enough to activate their camera, yes) body cam. Not pissing in the street is the standard we should hold everyone to.
View Quote
Maybe not in an urban alleyway, but lets see how long you roll around all night with no access to a public bathroom in your patrol zone before you find a dark corn field to piss in.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 12:34:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Wait, did you really mean to say it should be legal for cops to piss in public, but not legal for someone else? As in literally piss in public? Legal? Because they are a police officer?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't care if a cop on some undercover detail has to pee and steps out of the van to dump his Gatorade bottle, or heaven forbid pisses behind a tree. Versus some bum shitting on the street and wiping his ass with yesterday's news. You see there's this value-to-society continuum and homeless people are hanging by a thread from the bottom of it.

None of that matters, because this thread is about the murder of a white woman by a muslim police officer who needs to swing by his neck as soon as possible. No muslim should ever be allowed to keep arms or hold a position of authority in this country, as far as I'm concerned. When your religion and lifestyle is entirely contrary to what this country is built on, you don't deserve to enjoy its freedoms.

I'd trade a thousand homeless shitstains for Noor's life. They need to hurry up and send his greasy ass to allah
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 12:36:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Fuck those assholes.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 12:38:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Maybe not in an urban alleyway, but lets see how long you roll around all night with no access to a public bathroom in your patrol zone before you find a dark corn field to piss in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So do cops hassle people they catch doing the same thing?

What's the cut-off for who is allowed to piss in public?100k a year?Male and female?
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 12:38:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Cops need to be held personally and financially responsible. Epic wrongful death suit incoming.

If she was my family member and that fucker walked I couldn't help but seek to avenge her death.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Cops need to be held personally and financially responsible. Epic wrongful death suit incoming.

If she was my family member and that fucker walked I couldn't help but seek to avenge her death.
Trying to get money out of a cop is hard.

Getting money out of a city is easy.

Are you going to take away someone’s retirement?

No.

Are you going to take away someone’s house?

No.

Are you going to take someone’s car?

No.

Last I heard oj Simpson still owes money to some families and they haven’t gotten it.

I think it’s a very bad shoot. Bad shoot. But going after an individual who doesn’t have two wooden nickels compared to a rich city is  dumb.

Quoted:
They were sitting in their car. There was nothing going on.

Comparison isn’t close.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 12:40:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

What's the cut-off for who is allowed to piss in public?100k a year?Male and female?
View Quote
I've never arrested anyone for public urination, but I would think there's a difference between a discreet piss at 2 AM on a rural road along a corn field and whipping it out on a  public street at 3 PM and whizzing in full view of the passing public.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 12:42:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I've never arrested anyone for public urination, but I would think there's a difference between a discreet piss at 2 AM on a rural road along a corn field and whipping it out on a  public street at 3 PM and whizzing in full view of the passing public.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ignore the anti-cop jerkoffs who will side with a kiddie diddler before they say something that looks remotely like support of LE
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 12:48:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
They were sitting in their car. There was nothing going on.

Comparison isn’t close.
View Quote
"Nothing going on" and "handgun drawn to be ready" appear incongruous.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 12:49:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote
Not really a salary, more like a cooperation factor
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 12:51:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
“Hold on bad guy, gotta activate my camera first. Give me 31 seconds before
You shoot”.

Are you, as a civilian in a deadly force encounter, willing to carry on an empty chamber?

That’s exactly what you’re saying a cop needs to do. Before any immediate deadly
Force encounter such as an ambush better make sure your camera is on.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 12:59:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Badge vs no badge?
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 1:01:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Most of the officers on the scene for this have had to have their testimony dragged out with pliers. I find it ironic that we hear a lot from leos ont his site that good cops don't tolerate bad cops. For the most part I do believe that, but I also believe that cultures vary across different PDs and this one seems more interested in protecting a trigger happy screwup then speaking for the dead woman.

And how does a cop go most of an entire shift with never turning on his body cam? And both had guns drawn while driving down the alley but neglected to turn their body cams on? That stinks right there.
View Quote
Listen, slick, you can't judge the man in the arena.

She was making a move. He had to get it on.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 1:31:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But a cornfield is a long way from an alley. And any cop who thinks it is ok for them to regularly break the same laws they are supposed to enforce, just because they are on duty, ought to re-think their legal and moral boundaries. They should also tell their FTO that they failed them, because any cop that doesn’t know where to piss or eat or get coffee has failed or had failed training.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/19/2019 1:59:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
You shoot”.

Are you, as a civilian in a deadly force encounter, willing to carry on an empty chamber?

That’s exactly what you’re saying a cop needs to do. Before any immediate deadly
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You shoot”.

You can speak lies like that, but no one in this thread has said anything like that should happen.

They were on the block that the call reported. They were on the scene.

They were actively looking for the sexual assault that had been reported. They were actively responding to the call, and had been.

They were so active that Harrity’s holster had a retention device deactivated. Well before everything went to shit.

The two officers knew where the call was from. They had been on site long enough to prowl almost the length of the alley. Regardless of this being a good or bad shooting, any officer or department who continues to state that cameras shouldn’t have already been turned on by then because ‘they weren’t actively resonding’ or ‘they hadn’t exited the vehicle’ is just wrong.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 2:01:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Already been mentioned earlier in this thread that the officers involved were NOT following department regulations as far as activating their Body cameras.

They should have been on.  Making excuses doesn’t  hold water.   They should be disciplined or fired.  Makes you wonder what they were/are hiding.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 2:11:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 2:22:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I've found the expectation of many here do not fit the budgets of most LEA's.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As I've said many times, most police agencies are much more budget conscious than is recognized here.
They aren't going to buy a holster or tech that kicks a BWC on every time the gun is drawn.
Maybe a few will, most will ..or cannot afford to..do so.
I've found the expectation of many here do not fit the budgets of most LEA's.
But this department does have cameras. These two officers, and other responding officers, had cameras. That worked. That weren’t on. Against policy. Against reason.

Sadly enough the general law-abiding police-supporting public won’t expect any repercussions to the individual officers (except maybe Noor) and no policy or culture changes within the department. Maybe that is the city council’s fault. Maybe the department brass. Maybe the voters. But the end result will be that good people and good officers will be distanced, and society will be worse off.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 2:27:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 2:30:38 PM EDT
[#38]
https://www.mprnews.org/story/2019/04/18/police-trial-shooting-justine-damond-ruszczyk-australia-harrity-testifies

“Harrity testified that when they drove into the alley that night, he took the hood off his holster.

He added that he didn't want to "mess with" turning on his body camera if someone was going to "jump out" at him, but said he also didn't think the possibility of a threat was high enough to require him to turn it on. He turned his camera on in the shooting's aftermath.”
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 2:34:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Affirmative action hire.
View Quote
This, and typical results.

You earn it, awesome.  But this kinda crap is the typical outcome
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 2:37:35 PM EDT
[#40]
I thought  it’s ok for muzzies to kill women.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 2:41:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Already been mentioned earlier in this thread that the officers involved were NOT following department regulations as far as activating their Body cameras.

They should have been on.  Making excuses doesn’t  hold water.   They should be disciplined or fired.  Makes you wonder what they were/are hiding.
View Quote
Doubt seeing any body cam footage would really change anything.

Maybe a figure in a long white nightgown coming out of the darkness?Gggggg Ghost!Bang!

Not like she had a weapon and was actually try to "ambush" them.

Like I said before,she could have been a rape victim running to them for help.......................
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 2:49:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

But a cornfield is a long way from an alley. And any cop who thinks it is ok for them to regularly break the same laws they are supposed to enforce, just because they are on duty, ought to re-think their legal and moral boundaries. They should also tell their FTO that they failed them, because any cop that doesn’t know where to piss or eat or get coffee has failed or had failed training.
View Quote
I don't have many alleyways or even public bathrooms open within a 30 minute drive of most of my patrol zone on many shifts I work
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 2:58:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Your statement does't respond to what I was talking about but, the officers not using their BC as dictated by policy is a failure of the administration.

To me it shows a pattern of not holding the officers and their supervisors accountable for the proper implementation of policy.

You guys and the sky is falling every time the is some police misconduct are not grounded in reality.
View Quote
You’re right, I didn’t respond to your statement that budgets and realities are not congruent. Because in this case the department had the budget and the cameras.

And you and I agree that the officers, supervisors, and policy are elements of failure here.

But specifically those two officers and at least one other each individually failed in not using their body cameras.

In this case officers who will not cooperate or testify are a problem. Police misconduct is a problem. And a dead woman in pajamas is a problem.

In broader terms, departments and officers thinking that the general public (the law-abiding good-guy cop-supporting general public) is not grounded in reality when we point out that these problems are not being fixed within departments (both as an entity and by individual officers), and that women in pajamas are still dieing, will eventually lose the hearts and minds of that same general public.

Justine Ruszczyk Damond is pretty dead in reality.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 3:00:57 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I don't have many alleyways or even public bathrooms open within a 30 minute drive of most of my patrol zone on many shifts I work
View Quote
I originally responded to ryann saying piss in an alley. You brought up a cornfield; I didn’t. Nor do I know where you patrol.

If you’d like to comment on the appropriateness of a cop pissing in an alley please do so.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 4:10:49 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess we all have our kinky fetishes
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 4:12:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FSS!  I threw out a sarcastic rebuttal and you're starting an argument about cops pissing in an alley.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 4:13:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/19/2019 4:20:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
FSS!  I threw out a sarcastic rebuttal and you're starting an argument about cops pissing in an alley.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Calm down, Sarcasm King. You forgot your smilies until now. Kind of hard to read the sarcasm you didn’t indicate.
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 4:27:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
You shoot”.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You shoot”.

You sure do have some creative writing skills.  

From the original stories it was reported that Noor had his gun in his lap before the shooting because they were worried about an ambush.

But I guess I’ll get back in my lane and blindly accept that there was “nothing going on”.  
Link Posted: 4/19/2019 4:42:45 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

From the original stories it was reported that Noor had his gun in his lap before the shooting because they were worried about an ambush.

But I guess I’ll get back in my lane and blindly accept that there was “nothing going on”.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You shoot”.

They were looking for a possible sexual assault/rape.

What do the muslims do with women that are raped?
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top