Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:44:59 PM EDT
[#1]
any armed individual should not be too worried.  

I think the church guy is a douche but freedom of speech is freedom of speech.  What i find strange is people are acting like the blood will be on the preachers hands if muslims kill americans.  Americans tolerate flag burning bible burning, beheadings and terrorist attacks without attacking innocent muslims in our country, but when some muslim kills an american in retaliation the media acts like it is the fault of the american as if somehow the muslim had no choice but to kill one of us.

really pisses me off.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:50:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone in the area is welcome to come burn 'em in my back yard. It's an acre, so there's plenty of room to get excited and whoop it up.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 12:38:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:31:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I support the right to burn the Koran, as I support the right of the Imam to build his Ground Zero Mosque or whatever he wants to do with his property...Having said that, both are in astonishingly poor taste, showing an almost unbearable insensitivity.  To burn the religious books of another's faith is a direct insult, as is building a temple upon the graves of your enemies.  Neither of these parties impress me with their character: The book-burners don't strike me as being very Christian, the Imam doesn't seem that he's really concerned about building bridges between cultures.  

Both parties concerned are the epitome of the ARFcom meme "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes."  Build a Mosque at Ground Zero, don't be upset when it gets trashed/destroyed.  Burn a bunch of Korans, don't be upset when terrorists exact some more "revenge".

Personally, I think it's stupid to tease a hornet's nest.  Burning those Korans is going to do nothing except to possibly incite more attacks upon my brothers in arms, or my fellow countrymen; It certainly isn't going to make any sort of "point" to non-Muslim Americans.  Non-Muslim Americans have already thrown themselves into their respective camps on the Muslim issue.  Burning Korans serves nothing except to goad our enemies.

I don't welcome conflict into my life.  I'm prepared for it, and will win it...but I won't enjoy it.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:49:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Am I missing something?  Because they burn our flags, burn our President (Bush) in effigy..So what is the difference?

They are fucking nuts and we aren't.  I think that is the main difference.

Speak for yourself.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:51:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bring it.

If you cant stand the heat... Get out of the fire

Easy to say when you are living in America and aren't overseas dealing with a real threat.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:54:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Good bring it on and lets get it over with, these goat fucking assholes will hate us no matter what we say, do or give them. I can't recall how many times I've watched these fuck stains burning effigies of us, our flag, churches and if you remember the six Afghan medical volunteers a couple of weeks ago that they executed on the side of the road because they had been christians. Again, FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:55:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I live in Gainesville and I'm not worried....

The liberal college town atmosphere bothers me more.  I dont really promote/encourage what they are going to do but I do wish there was this much talk & upset people about other people burning our flag.....
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:55:21 AM EDT
[#9]
I honestly think it's pointless and somewhat juvenile. They already hate us enough to kill themselves to harm us, it's not like they can hate us even more than that. Burning a Koran, stoops yourself to their level of burning a US Flag in the streets. I say be the better man, and let them look like the extremist nutjobs they are.

If you really want to, go ahead, it's a free country. But you're kidding yourself if you think it will accomplish anything.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:59:52 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And this burn the Koran thing is getting really ugly.  They (Muslims) are basically threatening us..They are saying if one is burned––-they will begin to kill Americans..

What says the hive??

I am a tad worried...

Well yeah...I didn't really think before I wrote that––but you know what I meant..

Once they start doing that here, as in more than two or three isolated cases, the gloves might come off and a Large, large bunch of Muslims will die.                                          

And if that happens and people start killing any and every Muslim/person that looks middle eastern I know what side I will be on

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:01:23 AM EDT
[#11]
I dunno.  I think this is what happens––when you push people to a point where they feel like there is  nothing left to do.

We look fucking weak.  We look like a bunch of pussies.  From Obama saying that we are a Muslim country all the way down to this mosque.  People are fed up.  Might this cause some shit?  Yeah probably.  But as so many others have said––the "shit" was started long ago..started  in Mogadishu in 93.

I was just previewing a video for Sept. 11 for my daughter––because You guys know we homeschool and even when we didn't––we kept our daughter home on that day and we try to teach her what happened etc.  The video I just got in was about the attackers.  I have never seen anything like it.  There is nothing we can do to make them stop hating us.  

We are in the thick of the shit now––no one seems to want to look at that.  Our soldiers who are over in Afghanistan and Iraq (still) are just a fleeting thought to most of the people in this country.  They know our laws and our "freedoms" and they use them against us all the time.  Maybe this Pastor said––enough..

We better figure out something to do––or we are all going to be in big trouble.  Until then we are all gonna be racists and Islamaphobes anyway.  They know they can say those things and make us feel bad––why?  Again they know our weakness..

Oh and burning the Koran is not going to put our soldiers in danger––a shitty ass President  who is on the side of the enemy will..

(I don't think it is good to be this pissed off this early in the morning.)
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:18:52 AM EDT
[#12]
In a few months it will be Sharia Law here or they will kill Americans.

Fuck them.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:21:54 AM EDT
[#13]
How can this be from a religion of peace?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:22:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Fuck them.

You are totally correct..
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:24:48 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck them.

Do you really think every last Muslim wants to kill you or have Sharia Law in America?

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:27:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck them.

Do you really think every last Muslim wants to kill you or have Sharia Law in America?

No I don't think all of anything...(same thing I say on here all the time)..
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:32:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
where can i get a copy of the koran for cheap?

ETA:  would burning a cliff note version have less meaning?  

I got a free copy few years back by writing to CAIR, I keep it under the bed. Sure it is dusty as hell and sometimes the dogs naps on it but as soon as I find a good use for it....
Hey, is this koran burning thing only in Florida???

If you run out of toilet paper you've got a backup.    

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:32:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Western Civilization has been fighting muslims since the 6th century. It isn't going to stop any time soon.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:35:11 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck them.

Where did I say "every last"?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:35:23 AM EDT
[#20]
While I don't agree with burning any book I will say that when people give in to the demands of terrorists by changing their behavior they are allowing terrorism to work, and keeping it an effective tool in these people's arsenals.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:39:56 AM EDT
[#21]
The lastest headline:

Imam TV Shock: Moving Mosque Would Endanger U.S. Troops

Do you see a pattern here?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:44:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The lastest headline:

Imam TV Shock: Moving Mosque Would Endanger U.S. Troops

Do you see a pattern here?

There is a thread about it here––-I am over there bitching as well..
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:58:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
They should be thankful that we as Americans don't think the same way or their population would be considerably thinner. I'm sure they perceive our kindness as a weakness on our part. They may be somewhat correct in that assumption.

"We just ain't played Cowboys and Muslims yet."

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 3:23:20 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck them.

No I don't think all of anything...(same thing I say on here all the time)..

Yup. It doesn't take all of them, just "enough" of them.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:03:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck them.

As our great leader Barack Mugabe said, we can't make the mistake of painting violent ismalists with the broad brush of peaceful islam.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:11:10 AM EDT
[#26]
In this country we allow even the klan and neo nazis to exercise their right to march and demonstrate as is their constitutional  right.

If the muslims can't abide by our society's openness;  let 'em move to Saudi Arabia or Iran and enjoy the fruits of their own nature.

The door swings two ways; if they want their rights they need to recognize the rights of others, something they are always unable and unwilling to do, although they are always demanding tolerance for themselves.

Appeasement only serves to give enemies time to grow stronger; I'm tired as hell of being threatened.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:11:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
And this burn the Koran thing is getting really ugly.  They (Muslims) are basically threatening us..They are saying if one is burned––-they will begin to kill Americans..

What says the hive??

I am a tad worried...

wait! Muslims will start killing Americans if they start burning them?

so who was burning them prior to 9/11??

ROP
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:15:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Mecca, GPS Coordinates 21°25'0"N 39°49'0"E
Just say'n  

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:16:30 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

should we have to modify our constitution or walk on egg shells because of these nutcases?

and i'm in the "even though you can doesn't mean you should" camp   in regards to the koran burning and the ground zero mosque

that.... both things that I support in theory - but fuck...think before you do stuff folks.... just because I can stick my dick in a paper shredder doesn't mean I should

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:16:34 AM EDT
[#30]
There's a hurricane, there's a hurricane, there's a hurricane... RRELOAD CHAFF ...there's a bonfire, there's a bonfire, there's a bonfire.

Nothing new here.  Islamic terrorists have been killing Americans for years.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:21:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Maybe if the damn media would stop blowing it out of proportion.....

THIS!!!!!

The media THRIVES on trouble.

If they can't find any, they create it.

Sometimes I wonder about the First Amendment. There ought to be a way of slapping them down for creating troublle where there is none.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:26:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I don't welcome conflict into my life.  I'm prepared for it, and will win it...  but I won't enjoy it.  

That speaks highly of you.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:28:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

What says the hive??

I am a tad worried...

Begin to Kill Americans?

I think we are past that point ya'll
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:31:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Bring it Motherfuckers. You are only sealing your own people's fate.

They attack us at home again on a large scale, and there will be blood in the streets. People aren't going to take this kind of shit for too much longer.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:32:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS!!!!!

Sometimes I wonder about the First Amendment. There ought to be a way of slapping them down for creating troublle where there is none.

when a minor event like this gets so much media attention there is always a reason for it.....keep an eye out for new legislation

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:33:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Bring it bitches.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:37:12 AM EDT
[#37]
What bothers me is that if a Christian does something like this in the US , they're vilified and are denounced by the world for burning a book (I don't agree with it) and threats are made.

Yet , when Muslims in Pakistan or Afghanistan ambush a Christian hospital and kill every man woman and child, no one cares, and in some media sources they are praised.

We've already had one 9/11 attack on the US , how many do you think it would take before the people at CNN and political officials might realize that muderers should take priority over book burners or 'tea party activists'. ?
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:38:27 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS!!!!!

Yeah; freedom of speech certainly sucks.

In fact that entire pesky Bill of Rights often gets in the way of elitists who know best.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:30:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What says the hive??

I am a tad worried...

Begin to Kill Americans?

I think we are past that point ya'll

You know what I meant Mister...
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:34:42 AM EDT
[#40]
I don't smoke, I can't find a lighter.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:38:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

What says the hive??

I am a tad worried...

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:41:28 AM EDT
[#42]
I'm tend to avoid crowded public places on 9/11 anyways, just in case some fucker wants to commemorate it with violence anyways.
It's in very poor taste to burn any book, IMO, but those douchebags have the right to protest, but the ROP assholes DO NOT have the right to use violence; if it makes them feel better, than burn some bibles.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:48:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
They will kill us anyway.  

Yep. Burning the Koran changes nothing.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:51:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

THIS!!!!!

when a minor event like this gets so much media attention there is always a reason for it.....keep an eye out for new legislation

If you guys haven't figured out main stream media (except Fox) is being "handled".  Then you are not paying attention.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:57:26 AM EDT
[#45]

Our local news ran the top story this am, Obama calls for Pastor to stop Koran burning.  Here is my response, as I posted it on their website:

This of course feeds the concept that Islamic terrorists do what they do BECAUSE of things that others do. They have an excuse to kill us, according to Obama. Maybe growing up in a Muslim home and attending an Islamic school in Indonesia has given you an inside on this sort of thing. So, Obama, what did we do to cause 9-11? Was it Americas fault as Jeremiah Wright (the Black Liberation Theology Pastor YOU listened to for 20 years) said after 9-11, "Americas chickens have come home to roost"? Did it not please the Islamic terrorists when he shouted from the pulpit G—D–––– America? I suppose that controversial pastors are ok with Obama as long as they hate us as much as Al Qaida. Was it that you did not bow low enough to the Saudi King on your visit? Why do they still hate us?  It certainly can’t be that we have overrun Iraq, and are killing Taliban in Afghanistan, ruining their financial networks around the world, and holding their key players in Gitmo (remember the place you promised to close and hold trials so as to not anger Al Qaida any further? - but that was just a campaign promise, I see) No, of course not. It’s because they are terrorists. Get it? No Mr. Obama, they have not ended their mission against us, pending a Koran burning in Florida. They really have not been waiting for someone to do this before deciding that they would like to kill us. The threats against Florida also underscore the fact that the bad guys are already here, and that the government has not kept them from organizing on our soil. Were they here just sort of hanging out waiting for a Florida Pastor to burn a Koran? But here is the question: Will we decide to be terrorized? Will Americans decide to give in to fear? Pastor Jones will do whatever he is going to do. It is his right as an American, no matter how distasteful, or how much you or I disagree with his method. Will we respond by defending his (and by extension OUR) rights? Or will we agree with Islamic terrorists and Obama? What will they demand of us next, in order to keep us feeling safe? If the terrorists can persuade us to alter our behavior, then what do we call that, except the victory of terror? By the way, I actually do not agree (surprise!) with the Pastors method, and his plans are not a good idea in my book. But that is absolutely meaningless in the context of defending his rights under our Constitution, and the fact that he is getting death threats from Islamic terrorists because of that.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:57:40 AM EDT
[#46]
I would NEVER burn a Koran!!!

If I wanted to do it again, I would have to aquire another.

But I WOULD pee on one. That way, I can show the respect I feel for it over & over again.

(Yeah, I know...I'm a cheap Bastard)

The Ol' Crew Chief

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:59:56 AM EDT
[#47]
As long as people keep worrying about these terrorist fucks feelings we are going to keep getting our asses handed to us. Its fucking bullshit a bunch of crazy religious assholes cant burn some fucking books without people in our own country getting bent out of shape about it.

IT IS THIER RIGHT to burn the books as long as it is not breaking any laws noboby has any trouble sticking up for the right of those fucksticks to build that fucking mosque but god forbid some redneck preacher wants to exercise his rights then we get sandy vaginas and start worrying about backlash.

Its not like there wouldn't be a 1000 other reasons for terrorists to use to kill us that general should have kept his mouth shut about it all the needs to be concerned with is killing more terrorists and not some guy burning books.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:04:51 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

stand by for false flag event.

all hands on deck.

ding ding ding.  

It will be the white christian guy's fault and not the radiological suicide bomber's fault.  

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:10:27 AM EDT
[#49]
Let's go ahead and get it over with.  Bring it!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:11:41 AM EDT
[#50]
Burn it and piss on the ashes.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top