Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/15/2024 3:50:59 PM EDT
Biden's opponent cannot be allowed to be out campaigning in the middle of the election season, no matter how ridulous the charges against him are.

Judge Warns Trump He Could Be Arrested for Missing Court Dates

‘There will be an arrest ... do you understand?’ he asked.

The judge overseeing the Trump “hush-money” case on Monday warned former President Donald Trump that he could be arrested for missing court dates, although his attorney signaled that he would show up.

“If you do not show up there will be an arrest ... do you understand?“ Judge Juan Merchan asked President Trump, according to court reporters. ”I do,” the former president replied.

According to the New York Court System, a defendant who is free on bond—like President Trump—who does not deliberately show up to court could face a “warrant for [their] arrest,” and they “will be subject to separate prosecution and separate punishment for bail jumping no matter what happens in this case. Do you understand?

The former president’s attorney, Todd Blanche, told the judge that President Trump intends to be present at his trial, in which he faces 34 counts of falsifying business records, but noted there may be an absence. The lawyer said that the former president also wants to be present at every conference during the jury selection process.

In Monday’s hearing, his lawyers requested the trial not be held on May 17 so the former president could attend his son Barron’s graduation from high school. A lawyer in the case also told the judge he wants June 3 off so he could attend his own son’s graduation.

The judge said he wasn’t prepared to rule on those requests, but he said he would be willing to adjourn for one or both days. “It really depends on how we’re doing on time and where we are in the trial,” Judge Merchan said.

The trial is scheduled to last about eight weeks, four days per week, which is likely to severely limit President Trump’s campaigning during that time. The former president has contended that the trial—and three separate cases—are a form of election interference meant to derail his 2024 presidential campaign.

The former president has said that he may hold campaign-related events in the evening, while he’s also suggested he may testify in the case. During a rally in Pennsylvania on Saturday, President Trump said that “I will be forced to sit” through what he described as a “show trial.” In February, he told reporters that “they want to keep me nice and busy, so I can’t campaign so hard.”

On multiple occasions, the former president’s lawyers have contended that Judge Merchan should step down from the case. They’ve accused him of bias and a conflict of interest, citing his daughter’s work as the head of a firm whose clients have included President Joe Biden, Vice President Kamala Harris, and other Democrats.

On Monday, the judge again denied a motion for him to recuse himself from the case and said he wouldn’t bring up the issue again until an appeals court renders its ruling on the matter.

In the case, President Trump is accused of doctoring his company’s records to hide the real reason for payments to adult film performer Stormy Daniels, whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, via his former lawyer, Michael Cohen. Both Ms. Clifford and Mr. Cohen are expected to testify in the case.

President Trump pleaded not guilty last year to 34 felony counts of falsifying business records. His lawyers argue the payments to Mr. Cohen were legitimate legal expenses, while they have argued that Mr. Cohen lacks credibility.

The former president’s lawyers also maintain that the presumptive Republican presidential nominee faces “real potential prejudice” in heavily Democrat-leaning Manhattan. Election data has shown that only about 12 percent of Manhattan residents voted in favor of the former president in 2020’s election.

The New York case is the first of his four criminal indictments slated to go to trial and would be the first criminal trial ever of a former president. He has pleaded not guilty to the charges.

A day before the trial, the former president wrote on Truth Social that Judge Merchan is “conflicted” and only gave the defense “a short period of time to read and study hundreds of thousands of pages of documents that [Manhattan District Attorney] Alvin Bragg illegally hid, disguised, and held back from us.”

“Of course, and as the Judge knows, we need far more time than that,” President Trump added. “They could have started this Fake Biden Trial many years ago, not right in the middle of my campaign for President, and time would not be a problem. This is a blatant and unprecedented attack on Crooked Joe Biden’s Political Opponent.”
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 3:51:50 PM EDT
[#1]
So no time for running for president

You must be here
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 3:53:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Well it is a court of law.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 3:54:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's a thought--I was listening to some discussion of this case and it was pointed out that if Trump misbehaves in the courtroom too much the judge could actually bar him from being present, which might actually be what he wants!
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 3:56:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol.

Wether one is a T$ supporter or not, the only conclusion one can reach is that these are all politically motivated sham prosecutions.

Well, one that is of sound mind.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 3:56:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:07:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I recall the 80s and reading about corrupt governments that would jail opposition and thinking "I'm glad this is America where that can't happen."    

Well, now it is.  These leftists are emboldened now.  Can you imagine a judge talking that way to Clinton or some other leftist?
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:16:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Magic 8-ball says... "seems unlikely".

Judge will, as they previous have, just make up shit as they go along.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:17:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Bongino laid out all the things wrong with this case and the fact that this is going forward is a complete farce. Most notably that the Feds passed on it because they didn't think there was a case and then somehow the state of New York decided to prosecute Trump on Federal charges, which they have no ability to do but are doing it anyway.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:17:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Keep him in court.  The quieter he is, the better he will do.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:25:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I recall the 80s and reading about corrupt governments that would jail opposition and thinking "I'm glad this is America where that can't happen."    

Well, now it is.  These leftists are emboldened now.  Can you imagine a judge talking that way to Clinton or some other leftist?
View Quote

I've got a pretty good idea what would happen if he spoke to Hillary that way.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:27:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. Have skilled surrogates out campaigning for him.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#13]
A fair trial will never be seen regarding this man…they will hound him till the end of time.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:28:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I can see some of NYPDs finest dragging Trump out of a limo with SS agents all around.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:30:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Election interference at its finest.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:31:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I've got a pretty good idea what would happen if he spoke to Hillary that way.
View Quote

Two shots to the back of the head and a suicide note written in somebody else's handwriting?

Yup.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:32:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah that strategy won’t go as planned for the Dems. Trumps words/words are his biggest weakness for getting elected (again,) suppress that and enough “on the fence” types will vote for him.

I still think the Dems are planning a switch-a-roo for Summer.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:33:12 PM EDT
[#18]
He should go to a rally and dare them. It will only help him and others will see how absolutely corrupt the current administration is.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:33:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Underrated
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:35:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:37:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
A fair trial will never be seen regarding this man…they will hound him till the end of time.
View Quote

Incorrect. They will only hound him until there is another leading Republican. GWB was Satan incarnate - when he stepped off the stage, crickets.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:38:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Lol.

Wether one is a T$ supporter or not, the only conclusion one can reach is that these are all politically motivated sham prosecutions.

Well, one that is of sound mind.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:38:47 PM EDT
[#23]
And then, one day, for no reason at all we had a massive civil war.........
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:40:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
And then, one day, for no reason at all we had a massive civil war.........
View Quote

Lol no one's going to do shit.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:40:54 PM EDT
[#25]
I sure hope not, not over an orange turd.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:41:34 PM EDT
[#26]
Judge dragged his nuts across Trumps chin to let eem know who was in charge.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:42:52 PM EDT
[#27]
I want it to be just like this.

Judge Morty State of Georgia VS Denver Rick Allen UNCENSORED Best Vers
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:43:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:44:21 PM EDT
[#29]
That judge looks like he carries a hole saw to the gay bar
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:46:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Bongino laid out all the things wrong with this case and the fact that this is going forward is a complete farce. Most notably that the Feds passed on it because they didn't think there was a case and then somehow the state of New York decided to prosecute Trump on Federal charges, which they have no ability to do but are doing it anyway.
View Quote

Still trying to understand how we're not Balkanized already.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:50:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Ooo ooo! I have an idea! How about we arrest these judges for their political ideological persecution which is not specified in the US Constitution as far as I can tell. Does the Venezuelan Bill of rights give them the authority to behave that way here? Not sure about that so we best protect ourselves and conduct an arrest to protect the United States.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:51:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

I’d like to read that if you have a link please.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:54:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Trump will be on a plane every night flying somewhere to talk
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:54:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 4:58:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Go ahead and try it.  Secret Service will tell him to go fuck himself.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:00:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Let me translate - direct orders from Obama are in, more lawfare. The headline on CNN should really read - "Under President Joe Biden's care, former President Obama has ordered Former President Trump away from the campaign trail through the use of third party judges. More to come on how we are embarrassed to call Donald Trump a former President elected by those Americans we hate. In other news have you visited your new inoculation centers being erected for your safety. They are so warm inside" Bought and paid for advertisement by your BIG pharmaceutical companies. In other news our military needs you as we have wars we need you to fight in.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:01:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Judge dragged his nuts across Trumps chin to let eem know who was in charge.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:02:22 PM EDT
[#38]
The whole point of the indictment is to interfere in the Presidential election.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:02:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

Trump has already stated he wants to take the stand to testify under Oath in this case.

Trump's legal team must be rolling their eyes to the back of their heads over that one.

Like every defendant, Trump has the RIGHT to remain silent
Trump just does not have the ABILITY to remain silent...

Bigger_Hammer
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:06:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't have the Bongino link but here is a link to a video on the subject from Alan Dershowitz.

Alan Dershowitz: There will be a lot of lying to get on the Trump hush money jury

Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:06:59 PM EDT
[#41]
How in the hell can the judge remain on this case?

His daughter has worked on political stuff for Adam Schiff and Kamaltoe Harris, and an anti-Trump group.  But he can still be the judge?  If nothing the appearance of a conflict of interest is huge.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:08:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Anarcho - Tyranny.

Blatant election interference.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:08:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I don't have the Bongino link but here is a link to a video on the subject from Alan Dershowitz.

Alan Dershowitz: There will be a lot of lying to get on the Trump hush money jury

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:10:22 PM EDT
[#44]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:14:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Edited
View Quote

Someones been drinking that Retardium.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:14:53 PM EDT
[#46]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:21:33 PM EDT
[#47]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Election interference at its finest.

One would expect Trumpers to be happy about this, but they're complaining non-stop.  Weird.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:25:33 PM EDT
[#49]
The judge won't allow Trump to attend his sons graduation. He could easily move the trial one day so Trump could attend but he won't. That's why he told Trump he would be arrested if he misses one day.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 5:25:37 PM EDT
[#50]

It’s a dick move but the judge was indeed dragging his judicial nuts across Trump’s chin.

Ex-president WWE wrestler or not. That judge runs that courtroom and he wanted to  makw sure Trump and the media knows it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top