BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:16:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Give me the stats based on income?

I bet if you broke it down by race and income, you'd find similar rates of crime.  Middle class and upper people rarely murder, join gangs, and generally don't have children out of wedlock.

Seriously, leave your gated community and travel some in your state.
You'll see the kind of people you despise in trailer parks, ghettos, and reservations.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If not culture, then what?

70% of all black kids are raised in single parent households.

Blacks account for 52.5% of homicide offenders.

The offending rate for blacks is almost 8 times higher than whites, and the victim rate 6 times higher.

Yet, blacks are 12.2% of the US population.

What is your theory on why this is?

I bet if you broke it down by race and income, you'd find similar rates of crime.  Middle class and upper people rarely murder, join gangs, and generally don't have children out of wedlock.

You'll see the kind of people you despise in trailer parks, ghettos, and reservations.

Yea, 8 years working the street and I need to get out more.

No one breaks it down by income. That's fucking retarded. That'd be like saying "just look at the ones without a criminal history".

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:17:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The offending rate for blacks is almost 8 times higher than whites, and the victim rate 6 times higher.

Oh, you have a Craigslist ad?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:18:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I bet if you broke it down by race and income, you'd find similar rates of crime.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I bet if you broke it down by race and income, you'd find similar rates of crime.  

Actually, studies that have accounted for variables such as income and education have found that blacks still offend at a higher rate than other groups, including whites.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:19:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Go to the Delta, or most of the South for that matter, and tell me there isn't.

What's become of it under the rule of the Democrats is another story altogether.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:20:51 PM EDT
[#5]
12% of the overall population.

The offending rate 8 times higher than whites, and the victim rate 6 times higher.

Think about that.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:22:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Actually, studies that have accounted for variables such as income and education have found that blacks still offend at a higher rate than other groups, including whites.
View Quote

Pfft. Facts are for cunts.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:24:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:27:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

If not culture, then what? Why are more blacks poor and more prone to die or kill by an order of magnitude.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:32:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If not culture, then what? Why are more blacks poor and more prone to die or kill by an order of magnitude.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not a sociologist, and neither are you.

Why don't you do a study while you're "working the streets."
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:36:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not my business anymore. Anything I do would be just as anecdotal of your "all bums are white" bullshit.

Why don't you just admit that you don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about, and more importantly you have no facts to back your assertion up.

While you're at it, post up some stats supporting your claims.

If you get some time, go work a beat in the ghetto and get back to me.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:36:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The offending rate 8 times higher than whites, and the victim rate 6 times higher.
Think about that.
View Quote

The numbers they put up are astounding by the standards of contemporary Western culture.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:39:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I don't belive there is.

What does a black guy in WA state share culturally with a black guy in Florida?

View Quote
The liberal-progressive victim mentality of being born black in white America. The idea that skin color means more than who's ancestry developed where in relationship to the equator, that race is an actual thing. Targeted planned parenthood and welfare shaping family structures. Music, some dress. That's the low hanging fruit.

I've lived in Florida (Pensacola AKA South Georgia), New Orleans, California and traveled to plenty of other states.

The culture you're asking about is surprisingly homogeneous across state lines.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:44:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I don't buy it either. Africa is a big place with diverse "cultures" that all do their best to kill each other.

I'm European in that sense. But I know that I'm Irish on my dad's side and Norwegian on my mother's side.

And knowing all of that, I'm a Texan and American.
View Quote

Just to be fair.... The cultures of Europe are known for warring against each other as well.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:44:44 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

oooooh someone has their alleles in a twist.

ETA- so if the increased per capita crime of blacks is not culturally driven, are you suggesting...

Social Darwinism of some sort? That maybe it's genetic?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:45:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Not my business anymore. Anything I do would be just as anecdotal of your "all bums are white" bullshit.

Why don't you just admit that you don't have a fucking clue what you're talking about, and more importantly you have no facts to back your assertion up.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As long as you kept your dental plan, I suppose you can keep your vast experience with blacks, too.

By the way, have you ever lived outside of Oklahoma before?  Oh, and are you guys still paying for your governor's grown child to live on the capital grounds?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:48:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

As long as you kept your dental plan, I suppose you can keep your vast experience with blacks, too.

By the way, have you ever lived outside of Oklahoma before?  Oh, and are you guys still paying for your governor's grown child to live on the capital grounds?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You're not too concerned about being rational or actually making a sound argument are you?

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:50:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

i met a sociologist once. He was a fucking idiot.

If bcauz3y says it, it is probably true.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:53:12 PM EDT
[#18]
When i visited the black hills all I saw was white guys.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:53:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The numbers they put up are astounding by the standards of contemporary Western culture.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Think about that.

Yep, it's fucking mind blowing man, if you sit and just let the numbers sink in.

If we dig deeper into the "cultural" aspect of this....

Cambridge English Dictionary states that culture is, "the way of life, especially the general customs and beliefs, of a particular group of people at a particular time.

Let's break that down, shall we?

What is a way of life? - It's a term to describe the way a person lives. IE, their Films, Literature and Music.

Lets see what we can discover on each of these subjects.

The number one rated movie by an African american director in the last few decades was "12 Years a Slave". It's about a free black guy getting snapped up by white dudes and forced into slavery. That's followed pretty closely by "4 Little Girls", which is about whites bombing a black church in Alabama. Third is "Selma"... You get the idea.

There are no demographic statistics regarding music Genres that include race.

Literature.

54% of African Americans graduate from high school, compared to more than three quarters of white and Asian students. (clearly not a race thing)

Only 14% of African American eighth graders score at or above the proficient level.

So, I guess Literature isn't really important to their culture, huh?

Somehow, black in the US manage to come in at the BOTTOM of the barrel in nearly every possible metric known to modern man.

Clearly, though, it's not a culture thing, right? So, what is it then? Are you saying they're less intelligent than whites? Because I'm here to tell you that is not the case.

Answer the fucking question.

You can't say "this is not a cultural issue" in the same breath as saying you haven't got a fucking clue what the problem is.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:53:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anthropology>sociology

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:55:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've never lived in Oklahoma.

If you're going to have enough of a nutsack to try and personally insult me, at least get the right geographic location. FFS.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:58:38 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

If you're going to have enough of a nutsack to try and personally insult me, at least get the right geographic location. FFS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I wonder if he's thinking of you as someone else, on top of trying to make an argument in a field where he isn't knowledgeable?

Because that would be funny.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 3:59:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I wonder if he's thinking of you as someone else, on top of trying to make an argument in a field where he isn't knowledgeable?    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That would be pretty good.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:00:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
You're not too concerned about being rational or actually making a sound argument are you?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not when I know the people I'm "arguing" with on the Internet use statistics, 8 years working the streets, and GD logic to classify a culture on skin color.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:01:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Not when I know the people I'm "arguing" with on the Internet use statistics....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not when I know the people I'm "arguing" with on the Internet use statistics....

Oh god! Not those evil statistics!

I would totally drink a beer with you Johnny.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:01:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And your degree is in what, exactly?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:02:39 PM EDT
[#27]
30-40 years ago, a black guy from NYC had a NYC accent, and a black guy from Baltimore, Chicago, Atlanta, also had accents associated with their locales.

That seems to have changed.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:03:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lies, damn lies, and?

I'm more of a malt liquor man, but let's do this.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:03:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Everyone says black people make up 12 percent of the population and  commit over half of violent crime, but that is only technically correct.

In all social and economic brackets the vast majority of violent crimes are committed by males. Same goes in the poor black population That Means you would Split the 12% number in half.

Then, the vast majority of crime committed by black is in poor urban areas, so you would subtract black folks not in poor urban areas.

I don't know what that  percentage would be.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:07:34 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Not when I know the people I'm "arguing" with on the Internet use statistics, 8 years working the streets, and GD logic to classify a culture on skin color.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, when a certain demographic creates an entire culture around thier skin color, even though science has shown skin color is nothing more than an adaptation to UV rays, then connecting said culture to skin color becomes relevant.  Especially when using quantitative research data to compare sub-cultures of a society.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:09:15 PM EDT
[#31]
how have i missed this gem of a thread
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:09:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Everyone says black people make up 12 percent of the population and  commit over half of violent crime, but that is only technically correct.

In all social and economic brackets the vast majority of violent crimes are committed by males. Same goes in the poor black population That Means you would Split the 12% number in half.

Then, the vast majority of crime committed by black is in poor urban areas, so you would subtract black folks not in poor urban areas.

View Quote

I don't understand what you're getting at.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:09:48 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Integrated studies with an emphasis in anthropology with the intention of eventually getting a masters in it if not higher.

ETA- in other words, this is all right in my wheelhouse.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:11:28 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

The purpose behind Margret Sanger's help in creating planned parenthood.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:13:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Seriously, leave your gated community and travel some in your state.  You'll see the kind of people you despise in trailer parks, ghettos, and reservations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seriously, leave your gated community and travel some in your state.  You'll see the kind of people you despise in trailer parks, ghettos, and reservations.

nice try, poverty does not correlate to crime.

first generation asian, indian, and paki immigrants are some ofthe poorest in the nation, yet arent gunning each other down.

also the poorest counties in the nation are a majority white, and are located in Appalachia

https://cincinnatiisadump.wordpress.com/2013/07/29/crime-is-caused-by-poverty-enter-white-appalacha/
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:16:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

i think he was trying to say that the stats are bullshit but actually pointed out that 6% of the population commits a majority of the murders
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:20:01 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Then, the vast majority of crime committed by black folks is in poor urban areas, so you would subtract black folks not in poor urban areas.

My point is poor black inner city culture seems to promote male centric violence.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:22:14 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
My point is poor black inner city culture seems to promote male centric violence.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Culture. (Ice Cube was a prep school kid with a good family and graduated college with a major in architecture)

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:22:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Culture.    

https://youtu.be/TMZi25Pq3T8

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Culture.    

So, is Skrewdriver indicative of white culture?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:23:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

I can't disagree with that.

At the end of the day, IMO, that's an effect associated with their culture.

The culture of poor black inner city folks is that which glorifies crime and violence.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:25:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Culture.    

Are the majority of whites trying to emulate it?

Because the majority of blacks are trying to emulate the Compton scene.

Well, the black males anyway.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:28:06 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Culture.    

Never heard of them, what global impact have they had in developing and promoting self identification among an ethnic group?

Because NWA has done that.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:30:58 PM EDT
[#43]
>if not culture, then what

Everyone knows there are good guys and shitbags in every ethnicity; everyone outside the top 20% of society knows that the distribution of the two varies within ethnicities.

Recent biology has shit all over the blank slate memes of the 1950s. Today we know that IQ is one of the strongest determinants of life outcome - more than parenting -  and we also know IQ distributions vary in different genetic clines. Some groups have a 105 median, some have a 95 median, and calculated over large groups, it's a big difference.

The model that evidence generates is heretical; but it's got a lot more predictive power than culture. It explains Nigerian success vs the "talented tenth" and the ghetto; and it maps eerily well to crime rates and their symmetry by group despite geographic differences.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:32:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
>if not culture, then what

Everyone knows there are good guys and shitbags in every ethnicity; everyone outside the top 20% of society knows that the distribution of the two varies within ethnicities.

Recent biology has shit all over the blank slate memes of the 1950s. Today we know that IQ is one of the strongest determinants of life outcome - more than parenting -  and we also know IQ distributions vary in different genetic clines. Some groups have a 105 median, some have a 95 median, and calculated over large groups, it's a big difference.

The model that evidence generates is heretical; but it's got a lot more predictive power than culture. It explains Nigerian success vs the "talented tenth" and the ghetto; and it maps eerily well to crime rates and their symmetry by group despite geographic differences.
View Quote

Are you saying that black are less intelligent as a ethic group than whites?
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:35:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
30-40 years ago, a black guy from NYC had a NYC accent, and a black guy from Baltimore, Chicago, Atlanta, also had accents associated with their locales.

View Quote

African American Vernacular Dialect is the official word for it among speech pathologists, though due to the "cultural" implications, it cannot be treated as a pathology...
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:36:39 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

African American Vernacular Dialect is the official word for it among speech pathologists, though due to the "cultural" implications, it cannot be treated as a pathology...
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Ya errrrd!

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:43:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:45:52 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

You know Mr_Smiley, you got me thinking, and I can't think of any culture that is racially based.

It does seem to be more a location/socio-economic status kind of thing rather than a racial thing.

View Quote
Probably because "race" as it's used in common terms is itself a cultural construct whose only purpose is to make an easily distinguishable "us vs them" comparison.

Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:51:16 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Never heard of them, what global impact have they had in developing and promoting self identification among an ethnic group?    

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Culture.    

White nationalists.

Oddly enough, since they and bands like them don't get play on MTV, they're not well known outside their subculture, whereas NWA and other rap "groups" have left "black culture" and have become a part of American culture, especially as far as the rest of the world is concerned.
Link Posted: 6/28/2016 4:51:24 PM EDT
[#50]
"In the United States both scholars and the general public have been conditioned to viewing human races as natural and separate divisions within the human species based on visible physical differences. With the vast expansion of scientific knowledge in this century, however, it has become clear that human populations are not unambiguous, clearly demarcated, biologically distinct groups. Evidence from the analysis of genetics (e.g., DNA) indicates that most physical variation, about 94%, lies within so-called racial groups. Conventional geographic "racial" groupings differ from one another only in about 6% of their genes. This means that there is greater variation within "racial" groups than between them. In neighboring populations there is much overlapping of genes and their phenotypic (physical) expressions. Throughout history whenever different groups have come into contact, they have interbred. The continued sharing of genetic materials has maintained all of humankind as a single species.

Physical variations in any given trait tend to occur gradually rather than abruptly over geographic areas. And because physical traits are inherited independently of one another, knowing the range of one trait does not predict the presence of others. For example, skin color varies largely from light in the temperate areas in the north to dark in the tropical areas in the south; its intensity is not related to nose shape or hair texture. Dark skin may be associated with frizzy or kinky hair or curly or wavy or straight hair, all of which are found among different indigenous peoples in tropical regions. These facts render any attempt to establish lines of division among biological populations both arbitrary and subjective."

Full text at link

The conclusion;

"How people have been accepted and treated within the context of a given society or culture has a direct impact on how they perform in that society. The "racial" worldview was invented to assign some groups to perpetual low status, while others were permitted access to privilege, power, and wealth. The tragedy in the United States has been that the policies and practices stemming from this worldview succeeded all too well in constructing unequal populations among Europeans, Native Americans, and peoples of African descent. Given what we know about the capacity of normal humans to achieve and function within any culture, we conclude that present-day inequalities between so-called "racial" groups are not consequences of their biological inheritance but products of historical and contemporary social, economic, educational, and political circumstances."

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top