BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:20:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rush is not as intelligent as he seems and I find very little reason to listen to him, so I vote he runs an Apple fanboi club.

Michael Savage to the end!
View Quote

Savage is a narcissistic fool. All he talks about is how many degrees he has stuffed up his ass. He can't mention a single topic without weaving it in. "Talk bout dog pooh, Back in 1912 I got my first PHD in Pooh science."
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:23:09 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Don't you mean alcoholic former Marine? He was discharged from active duty in 2012.  He was also carrying a loaded .45 unsecured in his vehicle cab, an illegal in California AR 15 and shotgun because he was afraid people were out to get him(according to his mother). If he was arrested in any state in the United States for violating vehicle carry laws he would be waiting for a trial and worse, just as he is in Mexico.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

When Rush started trashing the establishment republicans I started listening more.  Wish he would do more boycotts and interviews.

At least Oreilly told his audience to boycott Mexico until they release our Marine.  I didn't hear Rush say that.

Don't you mean alcoholic former Marine? He was discharged from active duty in 2012.  He was also carrying a loaded .45 unsecured in his vehicle cab, an illegal in California AR 15 and shotgun because he was afraid people were out to get him(according to his mother). If he was arrested in any state in the United States for violating vehicle carry laws he would be waiting for a trial and worse, just as he is in Mexico.

He crossed over in TX and last I checked TX allows vehicle carry of firearms.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:23:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Wow. I'm actually surprised this many of you can stand to listen to him.
View Quote

I never listen to him..........not because I have any aversion to him but as long as he pisses off libtards he is good in my book.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:27:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I can't fucking stand him.

If I make myself listen to him, I tend to find I agree with him, but his delivery disgusts me. NPR is the opposite. I love the delivery but I have to turn it off sometimes because of my blood pressure.
View Quote

Spot on. This is EXACTLY how I feel.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:29:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I try to never miss Rush on Monday, after the Sunday talk shows. The rest of the week can often have shows that are less interesting, but rarely Monday. And despite what his detractors say, Rush still has the best political instincts of any talk show host out there and has for years. There's a reason the left despises him so much.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:37:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Savage is a narcissistic fool. All he talks about is how many degrees he has stuffed up his ass. He can't mention a single topic without weaving it in. "Talk bout dog pooh, Back in 1912 I got my first PHD in Pooh science."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rush is not as intelligent as he seems and I find very little reason to listen to him, so I vote he runs an Apple fanboi club.

Michael Savage to the end!

Yeah, Savage is like hanging out with the senile guy every neighborhood has.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:06:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Choke yourself, Moby.
View Quote

FIFY

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:07:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

He was interesting maybe 20 years ago.

Then the cult following, 'ditto's, 'mega ditto's'.

Mouth piece for those whom can't think for themselves.

And, his voice sounds tinny again, wonder if he's on oxycontin again?

Remember in 2003 he was hooked on it and it destroyed his hearing, needed a cochlear implant?

"Do as I say, not as I do."

Is why you have a dial to change stations.
View Quote

Tu quoque

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:08:53 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

You're part of the "stick to the issues croud".
View Quote
Came in to post this...only I was going to spell it correctly.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:09:36 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If I make myself listen to him, I tend to find I agree with him, but his delivery disgusts me. NPR is the opposite. I love the delivery but I have to turn it off sometimes because of my blood pressure.

Tell me more about your feelings and how they trump your intellect.

His whole delivery is tongue-in-cheek.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:25:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Slow day at DU I guess.
View Quote

No doubt.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:40:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:41:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When Rush started trashing the establishment republicans I started listening more.  Wish he would do more boycotts and interviews.

At least Oreilly told his audience to boycott Mexico until they release our Marine.  I didn't hear Rush say that.

Obviously, I only know what I hear on the news but he is not being treated like he would have if busted in the US.  I'll admit I have a problem with Mexico.  I think that country has done more harm to the US than most and our bought and paid for business run gov. loves it. Mexico is our enemy imho.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:48:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:56:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

That gets you 4/5 WTF faces.  

/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/

She loves the soft spoken, non threatening, chickified manner of presentation. NPR gives the impression that they truly care about you and your feelings. Message is irrelevant.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:01:19 AM EDT
[#16]
He doesn't hold my attention. Yeah, he used to be entertaining when he slammed the libs; seems like he can't be bothered with the creativity part anymore. Now he's just another pundit.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:01:20 AM EDT
[#17]

Rush is the guy down in the GOP ship with the bucket, bailing out the incoming water.

Without him, that ship would have sunk long ago.

He's the man.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:03:25 AM EDT
[#18]
He's done the same thing for 20 years.  He has done a remarkable job of keeping his program fresh and entertaining.  I only get bored when he talks about golf, cigars, football, Apple products and his implants.  I listen on an app that has a fast forward button.  I build up some time, and zip through commercials and those topics.  Perfect.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:08:10 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

He's also pro-magazine restrictions, and "assault weapon" bans IIRC.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I heard Savage bash hunters one day. I stopped listening after that.

I found this out the other day.  I will never listen to him again.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:09:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

She loves the soft spoken, non threatening, chickified manner of presentation. NPR gives the impression that they truly care about you and your feelings. Message is irrelevant.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

/

They don't make me feel cared about and I'm not very 'feeling' oriented. It's just that they're pleasant and soothing and use big words. Some of the things they say are disgusting and abhorrent, but the delivery is polite and low-key.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:11:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

/

It's like Bob Ross vs Sam Kinison. If Bob Ross were a neo-nazi and Sam were Thomas Jeffereson, Bob would still be more listenable.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:19:14 AM EDT
[#22]

I don't listen to him anymore. I agree with him but his delivery is dragged out and the show has too many commercials.

I like listening to John McCulloch but he's only on for an hour

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:33:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I kind of wonder if he has a hard time hearing phone calls and so a staffer types out what the caller says...... but loses meaning with no punctuation etc.......            I have noticed the same things you mention.   And I have heard him state back what a caller just said almost like he was reading it back to them.    So yeah I bet it related to his hearing.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The NFL and Apple talk doesn't really bother me because he seems to know what he's talking about. What sucks about his show and what makes me think I've been taking crazy pills is. His inability (I know, due to his hearing) to understand or grasp simple concepts put forth by callers. He is constantly getting it wrong, not understanding their point correctly, or totally not grasping what they are saying. This is awful on a talk radio show. It is like listening to a half wit hosting a national radio show.  He should not take callers because it is a drag on the show.

I kind of wonder if he has a hard time hearing phone calls and so a staffer types out what the caller says...... but loses meaning with no punctuation etc.......            I have noticed the same things you mention.   And I have heard him state back what a caller just said almost like he was reading it back to them.    So yeah I bet it related to his hearing.

I think one time he made references to using one of those phones that has a screen that reads out what the caller is saying. So I could see where he could get a little confused and muddled in what they are asking
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:04:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:07:57 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View Quote
Lol don't listen to Michael berry then

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:16:11 AM EDT
[#26]
OP, "giving up the ghost" is dying, so if he does that he can't retire. Something to keep in mind so future poll options make sense.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:18:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Oh this reminds me:  Any one miss Neal Boortz?

https://www.connectpal.com/the-painful-truth-from-neal-boortz

View Quote

Yes, I listened to him every morning when he was local in Atlanta. After I moved, nobody in my area carried his syndicated show after he went national. That saddened me.

I'd love to see Mark Steyn replace Rush on the EIB when Rush decides to retire.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:24:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pompous V. "All Things Considered"  (yes, i said ALLLLLLL.)
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:26:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Was going to say the same thing.

Neil Boortz is better than Rush plus has a great delivery and pisses off the liberals.

NPR has some good stories but anything political they really give it a spin to the left.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:44:12 AM EDT
[#30]
I'm a conservative who probably agrees with him 99.5% politically.

I don't listen as I don't drink iced tea nor read children's books.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:48:08 AM EDT
[#31]
Savage Is the answer.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:51:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Give Mark Levin a listen, he'll get your motor running.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:11:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:14:03 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I heard Savage bash hunters one day. I stopped listening after that.

Some guy shot a record grizzly in Alaska, maybe 3 months ago. Savage went on a 30 minute rant, repeating over and over, that the hunter and his friends were rapists.

I never liked him anyway, but now I make a point of changing the channel.  

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:15:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I concur.

I wish we could get some conservative/libertarian material with the production value of NPR.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:25:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Slow day at DU I guess.
View Quote

Obviously.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 3:32:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Yes.  He should retire to spend more time with oxycontin.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:13:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I concur.

I wish we could get some conservative/libertarian material with the production value of NPR.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I concur.

I've been thinking the exact same thing. With arts and culture and vignettes of the life of individuals.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:15:38 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, but it's delivered in a soothing, conversational tone. Happy little liberals, hugging happy little trees...
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:16:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

See?  That's where we differ...  Sam could really hold the audience's attention.  NPR puts me to sleep.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's like Bob Ross vs Sam Kinison. If Bob Ross were a neo-nazi and Sam were Thomas Jeffereson, Bob would still be more listenable.

See?  That's where we differ...  Sam could really hold the audience's attention.  NPR puts me to sleep.  

Lol! We're exact opposites!
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:17:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Neil Boortz is better than Rush plus has a great delivery and pisses off the liberals.

NPR has some good stories but anything political they really give it a spin to the left.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh they flat out lie.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:22:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

He's seen what the soft despotic rule of a velvet gloved socialist government can do.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT HIM TO HAVE HIS OWN NATIONAL SHOW ON RADIO AND TV. IF NOT, FUCKING MAKE A YOUTUBE CHANNEL!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Really wish Mark Stein had a nationally syndicated show.

I totally agree.

He's smart and witty guy, I agree.

He's seen what the soft despotic rule of a velvet gloved socialist government can do.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY WANT HIM TO HAVE HIS OWN NATIONAL SHOW ON RADIO AND TV. IF NOT, FUCKING MAKE A YOUTUBE CHANNEL!

He had his own TV show--it flopped.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:33:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Choke yourself.
View Quote

With my hand numb nuts!
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:17:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Lol! You mad?

In this thread, we're shit talking an entertainer. If you like, you can start a serious thread on promoting conservatism.

I wonder how much good Rush is still doing for conservatism vs how much he's doing to alienate potential conservatives.

He contributes to my not calling myself conservative and not identifying with other conservatives. He pushes me closer to our soft spoken and more positive enemy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Remember in 2003 he was hooked on it and it destroyed his hearing, needed a cochlear implant?

Perhaps one as insightful as you could start a national media program to help spread conservative ideology? Or you could just keep shit talking someone who has done an incredible job fighting for conservatism. Cause like, fuck conservatism and stuff, you have shit to talk on the internet.

Lol! You mad?

In this thread, we're shit talking an entertainer. If you like, you can start a serious thread on promoting conservatism.

I wonder how much good Rush is still doing for conservatism vs how much he's doing to alienate potential conservatives.

He contributes to my not calling myself conservative and not identifying with other conservatives. He pushes me closer to our soft spoken and more positive enemy.

Our soft spoken and more positive enemy.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1671965_Mom_s_Demand_Action_Followers_Are_Violent_And_Crazy__Just_Read_Their_Reaction_Comments.html
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:44:18 PM EDT
[#45]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps one as insightful as you could start a national media program to help spread conservative ideology? Or you could just keep shit talking someone who has done an incredible job fighting for conservatism. Cause like, fuck conservatism and stuff, you have shit to talk on the internet.

Lol! You mad?

Our soft spoken and more positive enemy.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1671965_Mom_s_Demand_Action_Followers_Are_Violent_And_Crazy__Just_Read_Their_Reaction_Comments.html

I was referring to popular media, not random nutjob posters.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:23:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Give Mark Levin a listen, he'll get your motor running.
View Quote

Once you get used to his voice.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top