Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:26:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Depends on why.
View Quote
This. Plus if I felt I needed to turn him in, I’d get him a great defense counsel and do my best to stack the deck for him.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:27:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Trick question.

Communists aren't people.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:27:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Were they of a certain political party?
View Quote
Shareblue? Stop watching the news, m8.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:27:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Honestly I just don't know

the situation will make a big difference.
the fact our justice system is fucked,would he get a fair trial? would make a difference.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:28:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sorry with the line you said BLOOD IS THICKER THAN WATER. Plus hiding him after he's murdered 3 innocient people.  There's no way in hell you'd kill your son. Your own actions say your lying
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably any level necessary.

But this is a completely different scenario than a murder that has already happened.
So you'd kill your son in defense of a third party.   But if the murder was already done, you'd do everything in your power to help him get away with it?

This doesn't really make alot of sense from a personal rights standpoint.
It makes perfect sense.

Once the murder is done I can’t help the victims.  Their personal rights have already been violated.  They’re dead Jim.  That genie is not going back in the bottle.

Before the crime happens I’d do everything I could to protect their personal rights.
Sorry with the line you said BLOOD IS THICKER THAN WATER. Plus hiding him after he's murdered 3 innocient people.  There's no way in hell you'd kill your son. Your own actions say your lying
Read a few posts down where it is directly asked by Andy and I clearly explain my position.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:28:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yes, murder...as in not self defense or any of the wild action movie scenarios here about hunting down rapists or whatever.

In your small town 3 members of a family are stabbed to death in their home in the middle of the night.  These are good, upstanding citizens.  These are the last people this would happen to in the kind of place where "this stuff just doesn't happen."

After month your son, who was friends with the deceased, comes to you and admits to the killing because the deceased had been "annoying" him.
View Quote
In that specific situation o would turn him in.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:28:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I bet all the circumstances where you would say no could be classified as self defense and other things that aren't murder, correct?
View Quote
No. I’d let him skate on revenge killings too.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:29:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Punishment is what stops people from committing crimes. We don't say "Oh, go rape this woman, you'll never hear a world about it again. Besides, you're not going to wear that thing out so no harm no foul." We say "if you rape that woman, you might be sentenced to death, you might go to prison, and you might get ass raped every day. Is that worth the risk?"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not? I’d lock him in a cabin in the woods if necessary.

I don’t believe in murdering innocent people.

I also think punishment is a crock.  It doesn’t bring the victims back.  Prevention is justified though.  We “punish” because prevention is too hard.
Punishment is what stops people from committing crimes. We don't say "Oh, go rape this woman, you'll never hear a world about it again. Besides, you're not going to wear that thing out so no harm no foul." We say "if you rape that woman, you might be sentenced to death, you might go to prison, and you might get ass raped every day. Is that worth the risk?"
We are saying the same thing

Or perhaps better said, I agree with you.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:30:20 PM EDT
[#9]
What I’ve learned in this thread is to not tell OP anything illegal I’ve done because he’ll snitch on me
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:30:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol.  The threat of punishment is not what stops the vast majority of people from malum in se crimes like murder and rape.  We see enough of these crimes every year that it's fairly obvious that people don't fear incarceration.  Most people don't commit malum in se crimes because they have been taught societal and cultural morals from birth.  It's why different cultures have different standards for murder, rape, etc.

Otherwise, you're telling me that if you knew for a fact that you wouldn't go to jail, you would run around raping and murdering indiscriminately?

Threat of punishment just has a minor effect on whether they break malum prohibitum laws.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:31:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
In this thread we get to see who has a moral compass and who doesn't.
View Quote
Our country lost it's moral compass years ago.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:31:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
hmm number 2 would still depend for me, on if he was using, or planning on selling, then I would probably have to turn him in.

If someone he knew died from the shitbags selling, then no.

It would literally have to be 3 innocent people for no good reason before there would be no question about turning him in.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If he murdered two shitbags that kidnapped his daughter and raped her: NO WAY.

If he murdered two shitbags in a robbery to steal their drugs: YES.
hmm number 2 would still depend for me, on if he was using, or planning on selling, then I would probably have to turn him in.

If someone he knew died from the shitbags selling, then no.

It would literally have to be 3 innocent people for no good reason before there would be no question about turning him in.
I hear what you're saying, but I don't want anyone associated with those kinds of people anywhere near myself, the wife, nephews and grandkids, etc. That life can have blowback on innocent family members and IMO, if my son would put his family at risk that way, he's not my son anymore.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:34:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
The framer's of the Constitution would most likely disagree.

Before war ever broke out there was all sorts of illegal but justified murder and you're alive and comfortable because of it
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:35:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Lol.  The threat of punishment is not what stops the vast majority of people from malum in se crimes like murder and rape.  We see enough of these crimes every year that it's fairly obvious that people don't fear incarceration.  Most people don't commit malum in se crimes because they have been taught societal and cultural morals from birth.  It's why different cultures have different standards for murder, rape, etc.

Otherwise, you're telling me that if you knew for a fact that you wouldn't go to jail, you would run around raping and murdering indiscriminately?

Threat of punishment just has a minor effect on whether they break malum prohibitum laws.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well said.  Although I imagine it is more than minor for some things.

For example, I know that it is safe to drive 60mph in many 50mph zones.  Yet I don’t because the ticket isn’t worth it.

I also know that I could convert my AR15 to fully auto and I would never use it to commit a crime. In fact, it would be completely moral and no harm would come of it.  Yet I don’t, because punishment.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:36:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Depends on the circumstances but 99% of the time yes, absolutely.
View Quote
I'll go with this.

For it to be a no, it would have to be the reason of the century.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:36:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
The threat of punishment is really more of a promise of punishment meant for the survivors of victims and society at large than a threat to would-be criminals.

It's really one of the few bedrock reasons why we, as a society, put up with having a government at all.   To outsource justice to an entity with think is distinct from ourselves and has more authority than us.

To say what you're saying in another way, if the majority of people were willing to go around murdering people, they wouldn't have created a government and surrendered their authority to handle justice to it in the first place.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:41:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Shitty Parent Story Time

Years ago there was a crash by where I live. A teenage kid ran a red light and he t-boned a truck with his truck. Fucker was going so fast that the impact drove both vehicles through the intersection, crashing them into a car that was stopped in the opposite lane. The speed and impact killed the 2 occupants and dog in the car. Today there are 3 giant crosses at the intersection.

Official story is he wasn’t paying attention, made a grievous mistake, and just didn’t see the light. He got probation.

I know for a fact that he was racing his Dad at the time, saw the light change, and kept going. The dad stopped at the light and he didn’t. Dad lied for his son to police.

What really piss me off is that the parents got him another vehicle where he was filmed a couple months after the accident doing donuts in a parking lot with friends.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:42:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
There is no morality in punishment.  It is something we, rightfully, do to prevent further crimes.  Punishment has never undone a crime or brought a victim back to life.  It has, however, prevented many further crimes from happening.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope.  I’d help hide the bodies if necessary.  Blood is stronger than water.  Just being honest.
So according to your own words.

If your son were to MURDER, RAPE, EVEN RAPE OR MURDER CHILDREN,  STEAL, ROB INNOCIENT PEOPLE.

Blood is thicker than water. If you'd not turn your son in for murdering innocient people.

Then you most certainly would not for the above crimes

I agree with earlier poster. We will see who lacks morals here.

What about the blood of those innocient people he slaughtered.
There is no morality in punishment.  It is something we, rightfully, do to prevent further crimes.  Punishment has never undone a crime or brought a victim back to life.  It has, however, prevented many further crimes from happening.
You sir are an you have zero morals and mental problem. It's parents like you that murders, serial killers, mass shooter, rapist come from. You raise them without any morals because you have none.

It has nothing to do with undoing a crime. It's called paying for the crime committed. Without these laws society would collapse into chaos.

Your son killed 3 INNOCIENT PEOPLE and your like OH I'll punish him for it don't worry about. It don't work that way.

You are a sorry excuse for a human being to condone your son's actions. To condone murder with without consequences.

Your idea of punishment of parental spanking does not cut. You deserve the same punishment as your son.

This has turned out to be a very informative post. To expose those with no morals nor respect for others lifes.

I know this is all hypothetical. But the statements are not. The lack of any morals after reading your justifications for not turning in a murder.

Is beyond me. I can honestly say I've never met anyone like you. I hope I never do again with your mindset.

Im through with you and will be my first block.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:43:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Shitty Parent Story Time

Years ago there was a crash by where I live. A teenage kid ran a red light and he t-boned a truck with his truck. Fucker was going so fast that the impact drove both vehicles through the intersection, crashing them into a car that was stopped in the opposite lane. The speed and impact killed the 2 occupants and dog in the car. Today there are 3 giant crosses at the intersection.

Official story is he wasn’t paying attention, made a grievous mistake, and just didn’t see the light. He got probation.

I know for a fact that he was racing his Dad at the time, saw the light change, and kept going. The dad stopped at the light and he didn’t. Dad lied for his son to police.

What really piss me off is that the parents got him another vehicle where he was filmed a couple months after the accident doing donuts in a parking lot with friends.
View Quote
And that's a perfect example of why covering for your kids when they do wrong teaches them nothing.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:44:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You sir are an you have zero morals and mental problem. It's parents like you that murders, serial killers, mass shooter, rapist come from. You raise them without any morals because you have none.

It has nothing to do with undoing a crime. It's called paying for the crime committed. Without these laws society would collapse into chaos.

Your son killed 3 INNOCIENT PEOPLE and your like OH I'll punish him for it don't worry about. It don't work that way.

You are a sorry excuse for a human being to condone your son's actions. To condone murder with without consequences.

Your idea of punishment of parental spanking does not cut. You deserve the same punishment as your son.

This has turned out to be a very informative post. To expose those with no morals nor respect for others lifes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope.  I’d help hide the bodies if necessary.  Blood is stronger than water.  Just being honest.

If your son were to MURDER, RAPE, EVEN RAPE OR MURDER CHILDREN,  STEAL, ROB INNOCIENT PEOPLE.

Blood is thicker than water. If you'd not turn your son in for murdering innocient people.

Oh no!! I feel sooo... punished

It’s just so concerning that you won’t be able to read my posts going forward.  Whatever will I do??
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:44:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1  Thank you!
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:44:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

For example, I know that it is safe to drive 60mph in many 50mph zones.  Yet I don’t because the ticket isn’t worth it.

I also know that I could convert my AR15 to fully auto and I would never use it to commit a crime. In fact, it would be completely moral and no harm would come of it.  Yet I don’t, because punishment.
View Quote
Of course.

But that threshold of "worth it" is different for each individual.  10 mph over?  I would say you're more of a rule follower than the vast majority of people I know.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:46:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:46:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nah, we pretty much already realize you don't have enough integrity or morals to feel period.

I'm done as well, to bad a can't block
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:46:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Since the question is if he murdered 3 people...

Yes.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:46:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Depends on who he killed.

Joke.

Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:46:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Of course.

But that threshold of "worth it" is different for each individual.  10 mph over?  I would say you're more of a rule follower than the vast majority of people I know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course.

You’re correct
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:47:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Loyalty to my Blood line is absolute.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:47:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The threat of punishment is really more of a promise of punishment meant for the survivors of victims and society at large than a threat to would-be criminals.

It's really one of the few bedrock reasons why we, as a society, put up with having a government at all.   To outsource justice to an entity with think is distinct from ourselves and has more authority than us.

To say what you're saying in another way, if the majority of people were willing to go around murdering people, they wouldn't have created a government and surrendered their authority to handle justice to it in the first place.
View Quote
Definitely.  But it's why justice actually has to be served (or the illusion of justice).  Once enough people lose faith that we have a justice system, but instead have a "legal system" and rule of law is just a trite phrase, then the whole façade comes crashing down.  We are on that trajectory now.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:49:07 PM EDT
[#30]
No. He’d be outed by the CSI’s in a few days. No need to rat him out.

Plus, I wouldn’t really care to go visit him in prison.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:49:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
And if the murder victim was an Untouchable pedo that has raped and murdered children, and will continue to do so, but will never face justice because of connections?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Some of the responses are really freaking me out.  Fuck.  To me "murder" is murder and wrong.
And if the murder victim was an Untouchable pedo that has raped and murdered children, and will continue to do so, but will never face justice because of connections?
That was not the question by the OP. OP stated 3 innocient outstanding people. That never hurt anyone.

Not drug dealers, rapists, thugs INNOCIENT PEOPLE.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:52:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Depends. Cold blooded murder like robbing a gas station?

They wouldnt find the body.....
Kill a couple people in a bar fight he didn't start? Probably not.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:52:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Some people in here need some mental health evaluations...
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:53:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Absolutely!
And anyone who wouldn't is a cocksucker!
View Quote
Depends.  Especially with today's climate.

In the Bedroom (11/11) Movie CLIP - The Murder (2001) HD

Then again, I don't have a son.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:53:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Yeah depends, did the people deserve to die? Or was your kid just a total psycho? If psycho I'd kill the kid myself. If they deserved it, I would help cover it up.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:54:22 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Nah, we pretty much already realize you don't have enough integrity or morals to feel period.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

@NIevo

Log out and back in

I wouldn’t want to be accused of exposing you to critical thought
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:54:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That was not the question by the OP. OP stated 3 innocient outstanding people. That never hurt anyone.

View Quote
If you’re going CAPS LOCK OUTRAGE, at least spell the word right - innocent.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:55:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I think a better question would be, would you help your son conceal three killings you knew were justifiable but which you were reasonably sure he stood a good chance of having his life ruined by if caught?
View Quote
I'm sorry but I have no recollection of that conversation or event.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:55:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Can people not read?
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:55:46 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Quite a few.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:56:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think a better question would be, would you help your son conceal three killings you knew were justifiable but which you were reasonably sure he stood a good chance of having his life ruined by if caught?
The question wasn't killings, it was murders.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:56:05 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe we should do public EXECUTIONS again. People seeing someone kicking at the end of a rope or jerking in an electric chair would be a hugh deterrent.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:56:43 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I agree after seeing what some posted here.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 10:00:16 PM EDT
[#44]
I guess that's why we own guns right? if someone tries to murder us,,, AND apparently, when a family member comes and tries to cover it up/ murder our family etc...
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 10:03:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Only if they didn't deserve it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 10:03:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I believe we should do public EXECUTIONS again. People seeing someone kicking at the end of a rope or jerking in an electric chair would be a hugh deterrent.
View Quote
Public executions weren't really a deterrent, even when they had them with regularity.  Plenty of raping and murdering and shit like that went on all the time.  No one expects to get caught, or, failing that, they calculate that the risk is worth it.

Public executions are catharsis for the community.  It's visual confirmation of justice served.  It's setting things right.

Dan Carlin does a pretty good job explaining this in one of his Hardcore History Blitz episodes, #61 Painfotainment.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 10:05:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I can't believe how many people say no, or are even seriously debating it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can't believe how many people say no, or are even seriously debating it
I wouldn’t be surprised to see a lot more of it as more and more of the “elites” aren’t held accountable for their actions.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 10:07:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
No doubt.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 10:07:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did not cap lock in outrage. So what if I left the i out who fucking cares. I hate the damn spelling NAZIS.

Read the damn post next time. It said INNOCIENT PEOPLE

Again not mad. Did not know cap lock meant outrage
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 10:08:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quite a few.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quite a few.
LOL, yeah.... Lets let the people who made 4 year old trannies a thing decide who is mentally deficient.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top