BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/4/2015 7:48:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Right up until that big ol pop up that says "remote log in".

team viewer is AWESOME for helping my mother in law sort out her printer issues in NJ. Its not awesome for figuring out what a teenager is doing on the web.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
First,
 Install Teamviewer on the students computer and on yours and it will allow you to log onto the computer remotely.
 It's like a remote desk top tool. You can take control of the keyboard and mouse etc. Most importantly, you'll be able to see what he's working on at the time.  It adds a little bit of self discipline since he'll never know when you might log on.  I'm not positive but, there may be an indicator though that says who on teamviewer is logged on; so it is possible he will be alerted when you pop on.  That You'll have to look into.

check the Hosts file

link1
link2

Block website using Hosts file
To block a website using the Hosts File, simply add the following entry:

127.0.0.1       blocksite.com

Although I do not do it, many users like to manually add entries to it in order to block opening of one or more particular websites. Yet other like to download and use List from well-know sources like mvps.org, to add entries which block malware sites from opening.

Edit Hosts file
If you need to edit the Hosts file, navigate to the following folder location:

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc
Here you will see the Hosts file. Right-click on it and select Notepad. Make the changes and Save.

But sometimes, even when you are logged on with administrative credentials, you may recieve the following error message:

Right up until that big ol pop up that says "remote log in".

team viewer is AWESOME for helping my mother in law sort out her printer issues in NJ. Its not awesome for figuring out what a teenager is doing on the web.

Agreed, see part in bold.

At least he'll know OP is watching.  Caught red handed
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top