User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:21:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What happens when you huff butane? Never heard of that.

Sounds like something you could die from.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I suppose that it's because juveniles are huffing the butane.  Target is being "socially responsible".   I don't know how big of a problem butane huffing is, though.

ETA:  Butane is also used to make butane hash oil, which is kind of a new thing.

What happens when you huff butane? Never heard of that.

Sounds like something you could die from.

Butane is also used in a lot of drug manufacturing. Butane is used to make marijuana wax and dabs too
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:25:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
There are many in this tread making the same exact arguments made for UBC and other gun control measures.
Just sayin'.
View Quote

Constitutional rights, how do they work?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:29:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
There's a big difference between 'showing' ID to verify age and having your ID electronically scanned to who knows what end. A ton of that scanned data gets sold to marketing companies and it's anybody's guess who else can gain access to your data.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why is showing ID such a monumental issue?
There's a big difference between 'showing' ID to verify age and having your ID electronically scanned to who knows what end. A ton of that scanned data gets sold to marketing companies and it's anybody's guess who else can gain access to your data.

I agree. I wouldn't allow my ID to be scanned
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:31:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

26. I just don't see the issue. When I get asked for ID I am friendly, show them without it leaving my hand and I'm very polite. I wouldn't let it be scanned either, but I see no issue in just showing it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Next men in black leather trench coats will be going down the aisle of public transportation, saying
''give me your papers".

Slippery slope

It's a clerk at a local store. Fuck, and people think I'm paranoid

How old are you?

It's too bad we can't turn the clock back to 1966 for all the members here that were born in the late 70's and later.  They all would be amazed at the lack of nannyism.

26. I just don't see the issue. When I get asked for ID I am friendly, show them without it leaving my hand and I'm very polite. I wouldn't let it be scanned either, but I see no issue in just showing it

what a good little citizen subject...

They wanted to scan my DL, not just see it.  

No, I am not some paranoid tinfoil wearing mouth breather, I just take offense at the idea that as an adult, I cannot buy a fucking cigarette lighter without the nanny state checking up on me.  

Also, at 26, you grew up in a much different world than many of us.  It appear that the indoctrination of the younger generation to accept a more intrusive gov't has worked.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:36:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Why is the ability of an adult to purchase an item unimpeded an issue?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why is the ability of an adult to purchase an item unimpeded an issue?  

Their store their rules
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:39:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

lol
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well I was at a wally world 7 years or so years ago and they wanted ID for a fucking can of spray paint.  I did a and said, I don't look fucking 30?    
They said we have to.  I said well then you can sashay back and put this on the self again.  The cashier said really?   I said yes you are being silly.   They said I'll get my manager I said good, he can put it back easier than you.  

lol

Damnit you beat me to the simple "lol" response.

I think my favorite part of that post is the at the end.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:44:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It's too bad we can't turn the clock back to 1966 for all the members here that were born in the late 70's and later.  They all would be amazed at the lack of nannyism.

View Quote

I used to buy KNO3 (We will see who gets that one), sulfur and another ingredient to make an interesting substance.   I also mailed checks to get items out of a paper catalog.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:55:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

what a good little citizen subject...

They wanted to scan my DL, not just see it.  

No, I am not some paranoid tinfoil wearing mouth breather, I just take offense at the idea that as an adult, I cannot buy a fucking cigarette lighter without the nanny state checking up on me.  

Also, at 26, you grew up in a much different world than many of us.  It appear that the indoctrination of the younger generation to accept a more intrusive gov't has worked.  
View Quote

I'm sorry, I didn't realize it was a .gov target. It's store policy to ask for ID, not a gov requirement
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:55:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I used to buy KNO3 (We will see who gets that one), sulfur and another ingredient to make an interesting substance.   I also mailed checks to get items out of a paper catalog.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was born in 1967, and have an older brother 12 years my senior.

I was probably 7 or 8 when he left home to go to the army.

He left behind the substances you mentioned, as well as a chemistry set that a lot of interesting chemicals in it.

I don't know how I figured it all out, but within a year of him leaving I was making gunpowder and blowing shit up.  
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 5:56:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There are many in this tread making the same exact arguments made for UBC and other gun control measures.
Just sayin'.

Your rights are granted to you by the US Constitution?
O RLY?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest you don't know know a damn thing about the Constitution, the Bill of Rights,
why it was ratified, natural rights and liberty. (Yes, the liberty that so many shed blood for PRIOR to 1787...)
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:02:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Wow, it is painfully obvious who the liberal, obama supporting, douchbags are in this thread.

I'm not that old, but fuck...
I remember when a gas can was a god damn can.  Thin sheet metal.
Now I can only buy these stupid CARB compliant cans.

Used to be I would pedal my Schwin to the local hardware store with two quarters and buy a paper roll tube of BBs.
I'm grey and going bald, and I was asked for a fucking license the last time I bought BBs.
I told the cashier that was the dumbest thing I had heard, and walked out without making a purchase.  Fuck'em.

Carded for spray paint, bic lighters, ....  What the fuck.

If some stupid little fuck wants to huff it, let him.
It should be an automatic "do not revive" if they hurt themselves.
Don't make me prove to some pimple face kid I am older than his parents to buy it.

I am all but finger printed for cold medicine because some mommy group thinks it will stop meth.
Jesus christ these mommy groups are fucking retards.

Yes, this is a slippery slope.
Soon everything you purchase will be tracked by the government.
You will be required to pay with a card of some kind.
Cash transactions will only be allowed with a license.
And the government will have algorythms to watch what you buy.
It might catch the demostic terrorist buying bomb parts at different stores.
But there will be unjustified no knock raids like you have never seen.

You haven't seen anything.
But some in this thread are welcoming this future.
A future where you won't be carded for individual items,
but instead carded for everything you buy.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:03:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

O RLY?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest you don't know know a damn thing about the Constitution, the Bill of Rights,
why it was ratified, natural rights and liberty. (Yes, the liberty that so many shed blood for PRIOR to 1787...)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just sayin'.

O RLY?

You would be wrong. My point with that statement is we are supposed to have the unhindered ability to keep and bear firearms so yes I disagree with anything that goes against that. It does not however stop a private entity from checking ID to buy their products.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 6:10:56 PM EDT
[#13]
One time when I worked at a liquor store I made a lady go out to her car to get her ID before I would sell to her. Made her day when she came back in and asked me how old I thought she was.

I was guessing she was 25, but wouldn't have been surprised at 19 or 20 trying to rely on looks to get me to sell to her. She was 46.

Asian women age very well.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:40:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Lol.
Thread went from bitching about proving age requirements for a lighter to toilets that can't flush shit.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 7:59:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You don't deserve the oxygen you have access too.

If your family is that important and America is that bad, then feel free to leave the country. I'm pretty sure you can cross into Mexico pretty easily from AZ.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
lots of old men yelling at clouds hilarity going on here.

May your chains rest lightly upon you.

You children don't even realize how much freedom we have already lost, and you don't even FUCKING CARE!! In fact you are making fucking fun of us that know and DO care! Goddamnit, you don't even deserve the minimal freedoms you have left!

You disgust me.

You don't deserve the oxygen you have access too.

If your family is that important and America is that bad, then feel free to leave the country. I'm pretty sure you can cross into Mexico pretty easily from AZ.

Go away. An adult is trying to make an important point. Its so easy for you to say stupid shit like that instead of nutting up and actually doing something about it, huh? But since you can't even understand what i'm talking about, you'll just continue to mock me, all the while thinking you're so damned smart.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:08:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Wow, it is painfully obvious who the liberal, obama supporting, douchbags are in this thread.

I'm not that old, but fuck...
I remember when a gas can was a god damn can.  Thin sheet metal.
Now I can only buy these stupid CARB compliant cans.

Used to be I would pedal my Schwin to the local hardware store with two quarters and buy a paper roll tube of BBs.
I'm grey and going bald, and I was asked for a fucking license the last time I bought BBs.
I told the cashier that was the dumbest thing I had heard, and walked out without making a purchase.  Fuck'em.

Carded for spray paint, bic lighters, ....  What the fuck.

If some stupid little fuck wants to huff it, let him.
It should be an automatic "do not revive" if they hurt themselves.
Don't make me prove to some pimple face kid I am older than his parents to buy it.

I am all but finger printed for cold medicine because some mommy group thinks it will stop meth.
Jesus christ these mommy groups are fucking retards.

Yes, this is a slippery slope.
Soon everything you purchase will be tracked by the government.
You will be required to pay with a card of some kind.
Cash transactions will only be allowed with a license.
And the government will have algorythms to watch what you buy.
It might catch the demostic terrorist buying bomb parts at different stores.
But there will be unjustified no knock raids like you have never seen.

You haven't seen anything.
But some in this thread are welcoming this future.
A future where you won't be carded for individual items,
but instead carded for everything you buy.

View Quote

I like the cut of your jib. We think alike. I was born in '59, and in that short span of history I have seen this country become almost unrecognizable as the land of my youth.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:27:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Lol. Thread went from bitching about proving age requirements for a lighter to toilets that can't flush shit.
View Quote

It's not about age. It's about knowledge. Knowledge is power.

No one would mistake me for being under 40. I had to have my license swiped to buy friggin' cold medicine. Usually they just look at it and have you sign the form. When I questioned the change, she said purchases are recorded and after a certain amount over a period of time, you are denied and flagged.

Maybe this sounds like a good idea to some, While I'm all for LE cracking down on tweakers, I have a basic problem with a government agency telling me how much of a legal item I can buy, how often I can buy it, and recording the information when I do buy it, especially when I'm doing nothing wrong.  Anyone who is not concerned about the logical conclusion to this kind of increasing surveillance is a fool. No difference between this and restricting firearms and ammo purchases to everyone because a few behave badly.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 8:56:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Same thing when I have to sign in as a guest on my wife's membership at Planet Fitness.  

Desk clerk: "Sir, I need your e-mail address."

TRW: "Sorry, I don't have one."

Sometimes I give them a fake one also.  Some poor guy named [email protected] must be going nuts wondering how he got on a Planet Fitness spam list.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 9:00:15 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

I thought the op said scan the id

I wouldnt want my id scanned either
and I hate when your trying to get in and out and you get asked

do you have a rewards card

no

do you want one

do I get these items cheaper, then no I dont want one

whats your phone number so you dont need a receipt if you want to return it

all I want to do is pay for this and leave I just want to get out of here!!!

all they want this info for is tracking what your buying

same with the scanning of the id card

bad enough I like using my debit card to purchase items, im just hoping they dont have access to that info as I think its sort of private but who knows
View Quote

Corporate hounds the managers......the managers hound the clerks.  

We try to get stuff where Mom works to keep the light on out there. They push the rewards card and are begging for a different "charity" every month. One day I just snapped and told the girl "Look I don't fucking care if it saves me tax or earns points just ring up the damn shaving creme and no I don't wanna give a damn thing to starving kids in whatever Godforsaken hell hole they are in"......just a little bit too loud.

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:09:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Were you buying a shovel, plastic sheeting, bag of lime and a ski mask at the same time?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
About ten years ago I got carded for duct tape, I could not believe it friggen duct tape I was like WTF

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Were you buying a shovel, plastic sheeting, bag of lime and a ski mask at the same time?

No but when I was like wtf they said that kids were burning it to inhale the fumes or something

Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:07:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Next men in black leather trench coats will be going down the aisle of public transportation, saying
''give me your papers".

Slippery slope

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

''give me your papers".

Slippery slope

I remember a story not long ago about a raid over a pressure cooker...

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top