Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 11:46:51 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

One additional point that hasn't been touched on: How long can the US economy afford to spend $50-100 billion a year PER COUNTRY to fight the WOT in a civil and proper manner? Imagine what that figure would jump to if we began to engage more countries in the WOT (Iran and or Syria etc)? These figures don't include the approx $30 billion a year we are spending on US security to make sure another 9/11 doesn't happen.

As long as the Chicoms buy our .gov paper.
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 11:46:52 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
A military force cannot win against a terrorist group as long as that military force is forced to play by the rules.  

And I am worried about any nation that feels it doesn't have to abide by the rules while fighting.

What is this "RULES" crap you are speaking of? Is that like a Roadrunner cartoon where the bad guy always lives to fight another day? When you are dealing with terrorists, you kill every last one of them. You don't give them free reign to re-arm before you go at it again.

Along those lines I heard that Hezbola has declared a sweeping victory in this cease fire. It seems in order to have them actually lose you have to kill anyone who could speak and declare victory after the war. I envision a lone gunman with an arm missing "monty python" style and a bandanna over his face wading through piles of his dead (all dead but him) comrades and declaring a decisive victory over whoever.
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 11:48:52 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think it's official, we have lost the War on Terror. The USA put pressure on Israel and forced them to fight with one hand tied behind their back, just as the USA fights in Iraq. Then, the USA and the world forced Israel to agree to a cease fire, giving a known terrorist organization a free pass to exist and rearm.  

I hate to say "I told you this would happen" but...well you know.

I also told you a way that Israel could solve "their" problem but I also told you why they won't do it.

Sad really.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Has Bush Lost His Mind?

Page 2:

And I quote...

"We will limit the conflict and Israels reply. Terrorists will get a spanking and go underground. They will reorganize and pull the same shit all over again. People in Israel will die as a result. Americans in the area will also be targetted, remember why we left Beruit?

And when they pull exactly the same shit again, everyone will KNOW what needs to be done, but nobody will do it. And if Israel tries, we will tell them they can't.

This will be followed by posts such as yours asking them if they are stupid."

Well Capt Obvious, did you see my reply to your post in the final message of the thread that you linked to on page 2? Here it is:

"True on all counts. "

It's not like you were telling us something that we did not know, given the fact the Bush had announced that he had put the Israelis on a time schedule for withdrawal, which was the topic of the post, here's the topic title:

"Has Bush Lost His Mind?--U.S. Gives Israel Timeline for Assault on Hezbollah"

Uh yeah I did see that.

But you were the one who said you didn't know what I was referring to. Remember?

And you were the one claiming you "told me so", implying that I had disagreed with you. Jeeeez! You're in turbo-red-herring mode today.
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 11:51:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
A military force cannot win against a terrorist group as long as that military force is forced to play by the rules.  

And I am worried about any nation that feels it doesn't have to abide by the rules while fighting.

Well said.
It would certainly be no nation in which I would wish to live.
I find myself agreeing more and more with you tc556guy - what is going on here?
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 11:52:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well said.

You are both nuts?
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 12:38:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think it's official, we have lost the War on Terror. The USA put pressure on Israel and forced them to fight with one hand tied behind their back, just as the USA fights in Iraq. Then, the USA and the world forced Israel to agree to a cease fire, giving a known terrorist organization a free pass to exist and rearm.  

I also told you a way that Israel could solve "their" problem but I also told you why they won't do it.

Sad really.

Has Bush Lost His Mind?

Page 2:

And I quote...

"We will limit the conflict and Israels reply. Terrorists will get a spanking and go underground. They will reorganize and pull the same shit all over again. People in Israel will die as a result. Americans in the area will also be targetted, remember why we left Beruit?

And when they pull exactly the same shit again, everyone will KNOW what needs to be done, but nobody will do it. And if Israel tries, we will tell them they can't.

Well Capt Obvious, did you see my reply to your post in the final message of the thread that you linked to on page 2? Here it is:

"True on all counts. "

It's not like you were telling us something that we did not know, given the fact the Bush had announced that he had put the Israelis on a time schedule for withdrawal, which was the topic of the post, here's the topic title:

Uh yeah I did see that.

But you were the one who said you didn't know what I was referring to. Remember?

And you were the one claiming you "told me so", implying that I had disagreed with you. Jeeeez! You're in turbo-red-herring mode today.

Ahhh name calling again.

"I told you so" does NOT mean I disagreed with you. It means we covered this ground before. I never said we "disagreed", hell I never even said you were wrong.

I simply REMINDED you that we had in fact covered this ground before. You seemed to not know what I was talking about so I posted the link so you would know.

Then you commenced to name calling...but you've done that before too.

The problem would appear to be the fact that you are determined to see me as "the enemy." I was critical of Israel, so being of a racists mindset (all Jews are the same and if you criticize Israel you are anti semetic) you deemed me a racist.

As a result of that adopted mindset you see ANY comment I make as contradictory and attempt to apply an adversarial connotation to it. In short you are always looking for a fight.

As a result of that racist mindset, like any other racist, your assumptions are clouding your ability to see when a person actually agrees with you.

And this is why you persist with name calling like Pali Boy, Red Herring Boy, etc.

Perhaps if you painted a swastika on my business and broke my windows you would feel better.
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 12:40:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hope you are not being a terrorist appologist. If you fight a real war in civilian clothing you can be shot upon apprehension. Period. You play by the rules or you get treated as a spy. Spys get shot. Please don't tell me you want us to continue with our current course of being 'Nice' while trying to fight. Rules, yes. This inflated standard we have currently, no.

Well it seems he doesn't think we are much different than terrorists.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=490222&page=7
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 12:53:59 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sad really.

Has Bush Lost His Mind?

Page 2:

And I quote...

"True on all counts. "

Uh yeah I did see that.

Ahhh name calling again.

"I told you so" does NOT mean I disagreed with you. It means we covered this ground before. I never said we "disagreed", hell I never even said you were wrong.

I simply REMINDED you that we had in fact covered this ground before. You seemed to not know what I was talking about so I posted the link so you would know.

In my language (the English language), person A usually says the phrase "I told you so" when they want to remind person B that person B was wrong about something, and to remind person B that they were offered advice by person A which was not taken by person B. Of course, redefining the English language is a common tactic that you use in debates, and therefor is not surprising in the least. You are so predicable.
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 12:55:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The sky is falling the sky is falling.

+1 Everyone is chicken little. Enjoy life, damn.
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 1:03:43 PM EDT
[#10]

We'll help them rebuild when it's over.

No thanks.  Let's leave them to their camels and spend our money on fixing the border.

Only to address the situation 5 or 10 years later when it's a lot worse? Allow an enemy that has sworn to destroy our way of life to strengthen while we worry about illegals only? Ignoring it will only make it a lot worse eventually. This is the denial attitude that weakens the war on terror in my opinion.
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 1:05:50 PM EDT
[#11]

How do you bring back/rebuild  dead people? as for the 'starting it' thing, don't forget that in their eyes, WE started it centuries ago.

I tend to believe they're the bad guys and the u.s. is right, I don't care what they think.
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 1:17:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Unless you declare war you are not fighting a war.

Notice Korea, Vietnam, and now Iraq.  We don't declare war anymore, we're to scared.  If you don't have the balls to write-up a piece of paper and get Congress to sign it, you don't have the balls to fight either.

Our .gov has been a sham for long time now.

Exactly, now wheres the oil, and dont forget to be afraid, the terror level is orange today!!
BOO!
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 1:47:46 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Look what we did with Al Sadar. We had the chance to wipe out that terrorist POS 3 years ago in Fallujah. He and his 200 strong terrorist group were hold up in a Mosque that we had surrounded. We wouldn't damage the Mosque and we ended up letting him go to "win the hearts and minds" and avoid making Al Sadar into a martyr. Now he has a force of 15,000+ men and is responsible for the civil war that is brewing in Iraq. A civil war that we will not be able to control with the number of troops we have in Iraq at this time.

We had no hitman squad composed of Sunnis that could have taken him out with our blessing and help of a dozen of 155mm shells...and taken all the blame for it.

Sad.
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 2:09:59 PM EDT
[#14]
You can't win a war against an abstract concept.  You'll never win the "War On Terror", "War on Drugs" or "War on Poverty".  It's impossible.  What we can win at is war on nations or organizations.  "Terror" does not have a locality or uniform and can never be defeated.
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 2:35:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I purport that the military should be empowered by the military, and the politicians should serve revenue purposes.  If we are at war, let the military decide where to use their resources, and let the politicians decide the allocation.

Why, then, do you think the Founding Fathers designated the President as the Commander in Chief of the military?  Was that a mistake?

In its essence?  No.  But tell me what true military officers we have in office, as ALL their politicians were required in those days?  And where can we point to their future-telling that states would be as divided as they are now?  Or that political influence, party influence, demographic separation, world trading, and the ease of corruption we face today?  

You have to remember context.  

Why do I think they made that decision?  Easy.  Because at that time, any true leader was proven in battle - willing to proudly die, if necessary, in the belief of the nation he was charged with from the front lines.  The more honor the man had, the more he was likely to lead this nation, which, at that time, was led by its military.  

Look at the 2nd we so often tout here in the name of personal freedom:  weren't we ALL the militia back then?  Certainly a militia needed a tried and true combat leader to direct their actions and decisions.  And back then, dissention of the government's wishes would have been incredibly minimal.  Why?  Becuse we had this value we call trust.

<shrug>

Tell me one politician you have 100% trust in that would die for this country leading troops to protect our doctrines.  They don't exist anymore, but they did at one time.  And at that time, they had earned the right to be called our commander in chief.  Now they just buy their way into the slot under the guise of the interests of the country.  

While the politicians of today prosecute the military standing our watch, like Col. North.  Hey, someone has to be the scapegoat for the corruption and lies, yes?  
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 2:49:47 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Well it seems he doesn't think we are much different than terrorists.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=490222&page=7

Why don't you relate what I said correctly. The comment  that I was replying to was that the "terrorists" are outside the mainstream thinking. I said the same could be said of many here, which is true. I did not say that people here are terrorists.
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 2:52:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I hope you are not being a terrorist appologist. If you fight a real war in civilian clothing you can be shot upon apprehension. Period. You play by the rules or you get treated as a spy. Spys get shot. Please don't tell me you want us to continue with our current course of being 'Nice' while trying to fight. Rules, yes. This inflated standard we have currently, no.

Shooting at people who are shooting at us IS a rule, and one I could live with. Going in and , for instance, lining up a villages inhabitants and shooting all of them in order to get the one combatant hiding against them ( as a for instance) would be wrong. Yet some here would say "thats fine, mow them all down, they'll just have more kids to replace the people who are dead".
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 2:57:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Why do you insist on defending evil, murderous bastards who THEY THEMSELVES consider women to be less than human and more like property, who send their children to die in the cowardly murder of civilians as suicide bombers?   You are what is known as an enabler, and your type is who caused  us to be in this situation in the first place.  Your touchy-feely bullshit about how we must understand them, feel their pain, etc is what caused us to do relatively little until 9/11.  Hitler and Stalin were "human" too.  They were also monsters responsible for 50 million deaths.  Your moral equivalency bullshit about all views being equally valid, etc, belongs back in the fucking tie-dye wearing 60's/

Another person who has managed to dehumanize an entire group for the actions of a per centage of that population. If someone in particular has commited criminal acts then yes, what they have done might very well be barbaric and inhumane. They should be made to answer for what they did...individually. That does not make them any less human. You do not dehumanize the adversary in some attempt to make yourself better able to kill members of his/ her population. Haven't we learned from the mistakes of our past when we did that to previous enemies? As much as some of you claim to think with open minds nad make your own decisions, you seem awfully ready to cluster into some hive/mob mentality when its convenient for you to do so.
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 3:20:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sad really.

Has Bush Lost His Mind?

Page 2:

And I quote...

"True on all counts. "

Uh yeah I did see that.

Ahhh name calling again.

In my language (the English language), person A usually says the phrase "I told you so" when they want to remind person B that person B was wrong about something, and to remind person B that they were offered advice by person A which was not taken by person B. Of course, redefining the English language is a common tactic that you use in debates, and therefor is not surprising in the least. You are so predicable.

There you go again.

"I told you so" is about the same as "I told you this would happen."

It does NOT mean I disagreed with you.

Example:

You say "Those fuckers blew somebody up."

I reply "They'll do it again."

Fast forward 2 weeks.

You say "Jesus those fuckers blew somebody up."

I reply "I told you so."

In the EXACT usage of my post on the original topic "I TOLD YOU" that Bush would sandbag Israel and you would be here posting about it.

You agreed.

You are now here posting about it and "I told you so."

But please continue calling me names and stating that I am "redefining the English language."
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 3:25:20 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your viewpoint doesn't even see them as people if you think they are faceless entities that can be replaced by a high birth rate.

That is an important thing in WINNING a war - demonizing your enemy, so you can do what you need to do - KILL THEM.

Krauts.  Japs.  Slant Eyes.  Nips.  Hochie.  Gooks.  Nazis.  What do all these terms have in common?   Dehumanizing the enemy.

That's part of why we are losing this one, and it will be the death of western culture

The act of dehumanizing them does not eliminate the fact that they ARE human...and that goes for combatants and noncombatants as well. Killing a bunch of noncombatants as was recomended in the post I was replying to is not the answer. Victory at any cost is wrong when it entails killing large swaths of the general public.Part of the problem that I see with so many of you who are bloodthirsty for Muslims is that you HAVE reduced them to non-people. They are no less human than you or I. Your approach is simply WRONG.

That is a pretty little speech. But meaningless when the missiles are in the air. The only thing waiting will do is give them time to build nuclear warheads. Getting all warm and fuzzy about people who may have to die is not good discipline.
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 3:26:02 PM EDT
[#21]
We havent lost, until were all dead.
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 3:30:47 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well said.

Its not surprising that the two terrorist apologists are agreeing.
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 3:31:59 PM EDT
[#23]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

+1.  What are you suggesting we do?  If we bomb the shit out of civilians to achieve our objective, how exactly are we different than them?

Do you want to be "Different" ? Or do you want to win?
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 3:42:18 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well said.

Its not surprising that the two terrorist apologists are agreeing.

Have you blown your load tonight thinking about killing Muslim children, or is this foreplay for you?
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 4:02:50 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1.  What are you suggesting we do?  If we bomb the shit out of civilians to achieve our objective, how exactly are we different than them?

Do you want to be "Different" ? Or do you want to win?

I want to win! The time has come for us to recognize that our current "nice guy" strategy against our Islamofacist enemies is not working. We are not taking this Islamofacist threat seriously enough. I don't see any planning by our leaders that will give any degree of certainty that the way of life America has come to know, will be secure for the next 25 years, much less for the next 1000 years. I see more importance placed on our moral integrity as a nation, than on keeping our nation safe. We are not dealing with people that are reasonable or willing to compromise to gain peace. Given that fact, we need to take extreme measures to defeat them. We can always return to our moral values after it's over, just as we did after WWII.
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 4:22:14 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
We are screwed as it is. Sadly, we would be better off today, as far as the war on terror goes, if the plot to destroy the planes last week had gone through. It is sad to say that, but in our society, no one will pay any attention to a problem unless it affects them directly, at which point they will bitch to no end for a solution to it.

The best thing to happen to get us to fight the war properly would be

1.Get attacked. Make it big. Make 9/11 look like the tip of the iceburg. Hell, a predominantly liberal city getting nuked, killing quite a few celebrities (that otta get the celebrity obsessed teenies to support the war) would be exactly what we need. This would accomplish 3 things. Get rid of those who may opose military action. The deaths of so many liberals and progressives would show those still left that Islam doesn't care who you are, and it would galvanize conservative middle America. An American sequel to Beslan might be almost as good, if it isn't played down as a random act of violence, it will gain support of SUV driving soccer mommies who just want "timmy" to stay safe.

2. Affect the people. Not until everyone has lost a loved one to islamic facists will we truly understand what this conflict means. Lots of realatives dead, that kind of stuff. Have a person on every block lose a loved one. Bring the suffering to the communities where people think they are safe.

3. Gain media support for America. We need to regain the victem card, we had it on 9/11 and the media always loves a victim. Also, if the media lose enough friends to a nuke, hopefully their little "we're just being unbiased" routine will be dropped in favor of a "swift payback" bit.

Of course none of this would happen if we would just wake up to the danger right now. But thats not going to happen.

A HUGE SAD +1 I live about an Hour and a half from NYC( UPSTATE) some of you have never been to NY and seen the WTC's... People that were weeping and Gnashing their teeth a couple of years ago are walking past those holes without a second glance now....
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 4:25:47 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

How do you bring back/rebuild  dead people? as for the 'starting it' thing, don't forget that in their eyes, WE started it centuries ago.

I tend to believe they're the bad guys and the u.s. is right, I don't care what they think.

You need to start caring what "they" think. You don't just win by beating an adversary into the ground, you win by winning over the hearts and minds of those who oppose you. Not caring what is in the heads of the opponent, or of their view of you, only assures that there will be fresh enemy personnel to oppose you. Of course you think you are right, just as they think they are right to oppose what they see as centuries of Western encroachment. It is not being an apologist to try to see the  adversary without the lens of propoganda that so many of you choose to view them through.

As for TheDoctors comment about agreeing with me, I wonder why I hear the same question everytime someone admits they agree with me on something.
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 4:31:58 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
If we bomb the shit out of civilians to achieve our objective, how exactly are we different than them?

How are we different?  We don't want a fight, we want to live and let live.  We would be more than happy to leave them to their own devices, just as long as they wouldn't threaten us or our interests...

But they want war - they attacked us - so I say we give them everything we've got.  To HELL with "proportionality" and "measured responses".    If they hide among the civilian population and we're forced to bomb them, it would a damn shame, but the blood would be on their hands, not ours.
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 6:06:51 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You need to start caring what "they" think. You don't just win by beating an adversary into the ground, you win by winning over the hearts and minds of those who oppose you. Not caring what is in the heads of the opponent, or of their view of you, only assures that there will be fresh enemy personnel to oppose you. Of course you think you are right, just as they think they are right to oppose what they see as centuries of Western encroachment. It is not being an apologist to try to see the  adversary without the lens of propoganda that so many of you choose to view them through.

As for TheDoctors comment about agreeing with me, I wonder why I hear the same question everytime someone admits they agree with me on something.

We tried to win the hearts and minds in Iraq and look what it got us. Iraq is about to explode into civil war and we are going to have to either bring in a few hundred thousand troops to contain the situation, or we are going to have to abandon the cause and call it quits. We are dealing with savages that are living in the 7th century. The only thing they understand is a fooking club upside the head.
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 6:42:23 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

You are completely wrong, dhimmi.

Did we care about winning the "hearts and minds" of the Japanese in WW2? How about the Italians and the Germans?

No! We inflicted horrific destruction on the germans and Japanese. We demanded unconditional surrender. This was a righteous and moral course of action by the United States.

The enemy capitulated and rolled over on his back. We moved in and imposed our will. We wrote their new constitution, gave it to them, and said, "here is how you'll live, now." ONLY THEN did we start to rebuild them and by doing so "win their hearts and minds."

You, my little equivocating, hand-wringing apologist, don't understand what it will take to win this. fortunately other, more serious men do. Hopefully those men will get their chance.
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 6:48:27 PM EDT
[#31]
With the Western Mindset ( Germans Japanese WWII ) it was about akin to Pain Compliance, when they had had enough they finally accepted defeat

( I realize small elements of Germans and Japanese continued the fight, but as a Nation they ceased hostilities )

With AL Q, Hezbollah and other Terror Cells only destroying them will work
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 7:03:51 PM EDT
[#32]
tc556guy and thedoctors308 have not come to realise that it is impossible to reason with the unreasonable.  

Those savages have only one thing on their hearts and minds - The absolute destruction of Western Culture, and if need be, their own self immolation to achieve that goal.  They will not stop until they succeed or die trying.

Soon, those unreasonable savages will have nuclear weapons.  I have no doubt they WILL use nuclear weapons against Isreal and the US as soon as they are able.

I pray our leaders have the courage required to do what MUST be done before we lose one or two cities and several million Americans to islamic nuclear attacks.

This game is for ALL of the marbels.
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 8:04:03 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tell you what, you go win the hearts and minds of the islamic fanatics for us then. I'm certain this jihad religous thing they claim is propaganda and they really just want someone to listen to them. You'll be that person.
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 8:06:45 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I think it's official, we have lost the War on Terror. The USA put pressure on Israel and forced them to fight with one hand tied behind their back, just as the USA fights in Iraq. Then, the USA and the world forced Israel to agree to a cease fire, giving a known terrorist organization a free pass to exist and rearm...

Of course, because obviously the Israelis couldn't possibly have fucked this one up on their own, so we must 'blame America'.

What a useless crock of shit you are peddling. Look to Israel for why Israel lost its little battle with Hezbollah. Blaming America is nothing but idiotic escapism.
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 8:13:40 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

You need to start caring what "they" think.

I already KNOW what they think. That is why I no longer care.
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 8:28:40 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You need to start caring what "they" think.

I already KNOW what they think. That is why I no longer care.

They think that if you don't convert to islam, you are either to be made a slave or to be killed.  The amount of profound left wing dribble your thinking is consumed with makes me wonder if you need help tieing your shoes.  Did we give a shit about what the Nazi's thought?  Did we give a shit about what the Soviet Communists thought?  Did we seek to have a cozy lunch with Goebbels so we could feel his pain about how he thought all the world's evil came from the Jews?  See, you come from a land where they don't believe in Good and Evil, where all world views are equally valid.  In that bullshit place, everyone is a victim and calling evil people evil is mean spirited and may make someone cry.  When you get nut kicked in a street fight and the thug is pulling out his blade to finish you off, its too late to cry about not how you were playing by the rules and he wasn't.
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 8:47:05 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your viewpoint doesn't even see them as people if you think they are faceless entities that can be replaced by a high birth rate.

That is an important thing in WINNING a war - demonizing your enemy, so you can do what you need to do - KILL THEM.

Krauts.  Japs.  Slant Eyes.  Nips.  Hochie.  Gooks.  Nazis.  What do all these terms have in common?   Dehumanizing the enemy.

That's part of why we are losing this one, and it will be the death of western culture

The act of dehumanizing them does not eliminate the fact that they ARE human...and that goes for combatants and noncombatants as well. Killing a bunch of noncombatants as was recomended in the post I was replying to is not the answer. Victory at any cost is wrong when it entails killing large swaths of the general public.Part of the problem that I see with so many of you who are bloodthirsty for Muslims is that you HAVE reduced them to non-people. They are no less human than you or I. Your approach is simply WRONG.

Your approach is simply WRONG. Let's crunch some numbers......

6,534,724,949 (6.5billion) people in the world
www.census.gov/main/www/popclock.html  

64.77 years life expectancy 64 years, 281 days.....
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_expectancy#Variations_in_life_expectancy_in_the_world_today

Using that math 23,657 days of life expectancy worldwide

Divide people by days of life expectancy......

Approx: 276,228 people die every single day.....(obviously this is an estimate)

What does that tell you? It's not about reducing them to non-people (your words). It's about realizing that people are worthless as a whole and we are all going to die.

From my agnostic view point, exterminating EVERY Muslim (note not Arab- being Muslim is a choice) on the planet would probably save far more lives in the long run then not...........Many would call it a sick viewpoint but sometimes the truth hurts.........Am I saying killing every Muslim would be the best plan? Nope and I'm sure with a little thought a better one could be thought up............I'm just stating what I see.........

Here's another ball-buster, there's 299million people in the U.S. from that same link.........

with a life expectancy of 77 years 329 days.....28,124
www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/lifexpec.htm

people divided by days: 10,631 people dieing every day.......I guess the only difference with September 11th was their families received over a million dollars that none of ours will get unless we provided it ourselves........
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 8:52:33 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
We are screwed as it is. Sadly, we would be better off today, as far as the war on terror goes, if the plot to destroy the planes last week had gone through. It is sad to say that, but in our society, no one will pay any attention to a problem unless it affects them directly, at which point they will bitch to no end for a solution to it.

1.Get attacked. Make it big. Make 9/11 look like the tip of the iceburg. Hell, a predominantly liberal city getting nuked, killing quite a few celebrities (that otta get the celebrity obsessed teenies to support the war) would be exactly what we need. This would accomplish 3 things. Get rid of those who may opose military action. The deaths of so many liberals and progressives would show those still left that Islam doesn't care who you are, and it would galvanize conservative middle America. An American sequel to Beslan might be almost as good, if it isn't played down as a random act of violence, it will gain support of SUV driving soccer mommies who just want "timmy" to stay safe.

2. Affect the people. Not until everyone has lost a loved one to islamic facists will we truly understand what this conflict means. Lots of realatives dead, that kind of stuff. Have a person on every block lose a loved one. Bring the suffering to the communities where people think they are safe.

3. Gain media support for America. We need to regain the victem card, we had it on 9/11 and the media always loves a victim. Also, if the media lose enough friends to a nuke, hopefully their little "we're just being unbiased" routine will be dropped in favor of a "swift payback" bit.

Of course none of this would happen if we would just wake up to the danger right now. But thats not going to happen.

A HUGE SAD +1 I live about an Hour and a half from NYC( UPSTATE) some of you have never been to NY and seen the WTC's... People that were weeping and Gnashing their teeth a couple of years ago are walking past those holes without a second glance now....

No offense but how many people in our country can name 3 people that died in the attack? I'm going to guess it's far less then 1%.........Could you name 3 without surfing for the info right now? If not is it possible you don't care as much as you pretend on an internet forum? I'm not saying that I can name 3- I can't name 1..........

This country was built off the backs of millions of great people and all we've done is insult them with the way we've run the country they handed us........
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 8:55:31 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You will never win the hearts and minds of anyone unless you treat them as equals. That would entitle giving them our standard of living. Something that is not only impossible but a ridiculous assertion that it should be our responsibility. Do you truly feel that they will be thankful when you increase their wages from $1 a day to $2 a day when they see what we have? Greed and wanting what other's have is human nature.........I think the war in Iraq has already proven how ridiculous the 'hearts and mind' strategy is.
Link Posted: 8/14/2006 9:20:29 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

another +1 basiclly what i was going to type
I do think somewhere sometime they ROPers will push too far and maybe finally awake the sleeping giant again
you would think 3000 people would be enough but unfortuneatly i think it will take the loss of a entire city
Link Posted: 8/15/2006 4:05:58 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think it's official, we have lost the War on Terror. The USA put pressure on Israel and forced them to fight with one hand tied behind their back, just as the USA fights in Iraq. Then, the USA and the world forced Israel to agree to a cease fire, giving a known terrorist organization a free pass to exist and rearm...

Of course, because obviously the Israelis couldn't possibly have fucked this one up on their own, so we must 'blame America'.

What a useless crock of shit you are peddling. Look to Israel for why Israel lost its little battle with Hezbollah. Blaming America is nothing but idiotic escapism.

Typical red-herring debate tactics from you. I never said "Israel lost it's little battle w/ Hezbullah". Point to my quote where I said Israel was beaten by Hezbollah. There is a much bigger issue here that you can't seem to grasp. The victory I spoke of for the terrorists is not about the Israeli vs. Hezbulloh war, it's about the fact that terrorists were allowed to live, exist & rearm, when they should have been exterminated. World opinion, US pressure and the UN forced Israel to withdraw before the job was finished. This was a victory for the global terrorism.

Here's one example of the US meddling and pressure placed on Israel. But since you are in constant contact with GWB and Condi, maybe you can let us in on what you know.

US pressure prompts delay of offensive

Link Posted: 8/15/2006 8:56:08 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I am a veteran, gentlemen.  

I do not kill civilians.

I do not eradicate cultures or populations.

I do not commit genocide.

I do not fail to separate non-combatants from true combatants.

And I do not portend to pass judgement.

I DO defend this nation and her ideals.  And yes, I DO tire of abiding by rules when we are the only ones doing so.  I cannot always tell my enemies from those they cower behind.  I cannot always identify myself through the pain that is war.

But I can always know the difference between honor, honesty, and right and wrong.  I swore an oath back in 1989, and at 35 I have not forgotten that oath.  Sure, I have forgotten the line-by-line promise I raised my hand to.  But the principle behind the ideal of my time in service will never be forgotten - or IGNORED.

We are losing only in the event our confidence is shaken.  Remain diligent in our troops--who answer to our commander-in-chief--and we'll sacrifice ourselves not for the lives of our buddies...  But for the lives of any innocent, culture non-withstanding.  

So for those of you who claim in one breath you support our troops, but in the next suggest executing innocents, remember your hypocrisy.  Your ideals are definately not ours.  

Yes, I want the fighting over.  No real military man wants violence.  We defend peace, not killing.  I'm tired of seeing our soldiers die.

But that's what they signed up to do if it became necessary.  They defend a principle of a nation, not a doctrine of easy victory.  Every one of us that served, especially in Combat Arms, knows the difference.  

Stop the ranting, people.  We know what the hell we signed up for.

I'm a vet, over 50 and did my time in hot countrys full of little brown people that were trying to kill me and yes its impossible to tell the good guy from the bad guy and God forbid there is a death to innocents. But! This "war" that holds no boundries, doesnt wear a "uniform" claims no alliegence to no one flag..how do you fight it with out loss of innocence?
I have a buddy who today 35 yrs after the fact, still has the same nightmare..
3 GI's opening up on a baby buggy that had been shoved in their direction that seconds later blew up killing 1 of them. What bothers him is the fact he doesnt know if a baby was in it or not...there wasnt enough left to really tell...
These ununiformed innocents are quoted today saying they were planning to using thier babies to smuggle explosives onto planes to take civilian lives is a prime example to what we are fighting and going to continue to fight..
This is a new enemy, one we have never fought before that uses women and childran to obtain the death of innocents...
how do you fight this war with Honor?

I think we know how to fight it with honor, as we ALWAYS have. The real problem is how do you prevent the victory that was won by the military from being stolen by the media? I read the other thread and agree completely. no matter how well we win the war, the media turns the public perception to a loss and that's what history records, not how well we were doing, but that in the end we pulled and ran because we were "losing"...
Link Posted: 8/15/2006 9:36:49 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I am a veteran, gentlemen.  

I do not kill civilians.

I do not eradicate cultures or populations.

I do not commit genocide.

I do not fail to separate non-combatants from true combatants.

And I do not portend to pass judgement.

I DO defend this nation and her ideals.  And yes, I DO tire of abiding by rules when we are the only ones doing so.  I cannot always tell my enemies from those they cower behind.  I cannot always identify myself through the pain that is war.

But I can always know the difference between honor, honesty, and right and wrong.  I swore an oath back in 1989, and at 35 I have not forgotten that oath.  Sure, I have forgotten the line-by-line promise I raised my hand to.  But the principle behind the ideal of my time in service will never be forgotten - or IGNORED.

We are losing only in the event our confidence is shaken.  Remain diligent in our troops--who answer to our commander-in-chief--and we'll sacrifice ourselves not for the lives of our buddies...  But for the lives of any innocent, culture non-withstanding.  

So for those of you who claim in one breath you support our troops, but in the next suggest executing innocents, remember your hypocrisy.  Your ideals are definately not ours.  

Yes, I want the fighting over.  No real military man wants violence.  We defend peace, not killing.  I'm tired of seeing our soldiers die.

But that's what they signed up to do if it became necessary.  They defend a principle of a nation, not a doctrine of easy victory.  Every one of us that served, especially in Combat Arms, knows the difference.  

Stop the ranting, people.  We know what the hell we signed up for.

A very good post and I agree with most of it. I don't think that innocents should EVER be TARGETED... EVER! But I also don't care for this crap of wringing our hands so much that we rarely get the job done. I am aware of a local guy who's supposedly been shipped home because he's done a lot of "bad stuff" over in the sandbox. Dunno if it's true or not, and I dunno if he's been tried for it, but if he did what he claims to some mutual friends that he did, then he deserves a court martial and life in prison. I don't care what you've been through -- if you knowingly run into a room filled with innocent civilians and mow them down, then you are a cold-blooded murderer. BUT... I am sick and tired of all of this PC-crap and allowing terrorists to re-arm themselves and draw-out the war. You chase them until you catch them and then you KILL them dead -- you don't put them up in Club Gitmo and you don't let them go back home so they can recruit more terrorist bastards. It's really pretty simple...

Very much agreed.  Yes, we need to allow this to happen, but not unimpeded with a sense of humanity.  The entire political hand-wringing is extending it.  But it is far from stopping it.  Remember that as the terrorists have the opportunity to rearm, so do we (and Israel).  Also remember this:

THEY TARGET CIVILIANS BECAUSE THEY CANNOT BEAT THE MILITARY.  All of you touting this as a loss clearly have no vision in military tactics or doctrine.  Someone brought up us nuking Japan.  Yes, it created a victory.  WHY?  Because we couldn't win it otherwise.  

We have more experience, better weapons, and better technology.  We have no need to eradicate innocents because we are not losing.  It really is that simple.  

Stop listening to the media.  They don't have a clue besides what we tell them.  And the military never tells anyone the complete truth in anything.  Why is that so hard to understand?

While agree with you mostly, I have to argue a couple points:

No, we had already turned the tide and nuked Hiroshima and Nagasaki to finish the war immediately and decisively instead of letting it drag out another two or three years it would have taken to finish them off in a conventional manner. regardless if you believe it to be right or wrong morally, that was the call that was made...

It's real easy for most of us here at ARFCOM to understand, unfortunately most of America and the rest of the world doesn't care enough to get the truth, they watch CNN and believe the B.S. they see there... Just like in Vietnam, when they turn enough of the poopulation(was going to correct the typo but decided I liked the typo better...) against the war then the politicians in charge of the millitary buckle and do a cut and run away from a near total victory...

And finally, I completely and totally agree with this!!!
Link Posted: 8/15/2006 1:02:12 PM EDT
[#44]
My reply is my .sig line.
Link Posted: 8/15/2006 1:42:25 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
The victory I spoke of for the terrorists is not about the Israeli vs. Hezbulloh war, it's about the fact that terrorists were allowed to live, exist & rearm, when they should have been exterminated. World opinion, US pressure and the UN forced Israel to withdraw before the job was finished. This was a victory for the global terrorism.

You just can't bring yourself to admit that Israel botched this one from the start, can you? America! The UN! The opinion of people in Belgium! ANYTHING but piss-poor leadership from Olmert and subpar performance from the IDF.

Well, hopelly the Israelis and the IDF learn some lessons from all this; I know you won't.

Here's one example of the US meddling and pressure placed on Israel. But since you are in constant contact with GWB and Condi, maybe you can let us in on what you know.

US pressure prompts delay of offensive

Gosh, so the evil Americans stepped in and told Israel not to botch the ceasefire agreement that the Israelis said they wanted? Golly, if only Israel didn't fuck around with border-raids and airstrikes for 30 days...

'Blame America' truly is the battle-cry of idiots around the world, and right here at Arfcom.
Link Posted: 8/15/2006 1:54:28 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Your approach is simply WRONG............

What does that tell you? It's not about reducing them to non-people (your words). It's about realizing that people are worthless as a whole and we are all going to die........

From my agnostic view point, exterminating EVERY Muslim (note not Arab- being Muslim is a choice) on the planet would probably save far more lives in the long run then not...........Many would call it a sick viewpoint but sometimes the truth hurts.........Am I saying killing every Muslim would be the best plan? Nope and I'm sure with a little thought a better one could be thought up............I'm just stating what I see.........

And I canot agree with someone who holds your views, no matter which side of the dispute you are on.
Link Posted: 8/15/2006 2:42:22 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What does that tell you? It's not about reducing them to non-people (your words). It's about realizing that people are worthless as a whole and we are all going to die........

And I canot agree with someone who holds your views, no matter which side of the dispute you are on.

It is clear a large portion of the Middle East is brainwashed.  Their children are like our children, until they get fed into the Saudi funded schools called madrases, get taught to hate, and come the other side wanting to engage in jihad and kill the infidels.  The grown up ones are probably beyond hope, since you can't really reason with brainwashed folks - folks who strap bombs on themselves and get on schoolbusses cannot be reasoned with - only a complete fool would think it worth the time and effort.
Destroying the schools will be the only way to solve the problem.  It is complete bullshit to believe sitting down and trying to understand these brainwashed MF'ers will do one bit of good.  This same goofball philosophy has resulted in more deaths than it has ever saved.  It is not, I repeat not important to understand their thinking.  We know what they think.  There is NO MIDDLE GROUND between our civilization and theirs - they want to take us over, just as the Nazi's did.  Damn, some folks have a severe case of their head up their butt.
Link Posted: 8/15/2006 2:44:52 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The very wording indicates you believe there is some validity to Hezbollah's views.  You are beyond hope.  Sometimes a group of people may actually be what is known as "wrong" or "evil", words that seem to be absent from your vocabulary.
Link Posted: 8/15/2006 3:51:30 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you're going to quote me.....at least include the whole quote and don't take parts out of context. THANKS!...........My views are the realistic view of an informed individual-yours are those of brainwashed sheep so of course we won't agree.......
Link Posted: 8/15/2006 3:52:37 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
So you think our firebombing of Tokoyo, Dresdin, etc....... was wrong?   Dropping the nukes on Hiroshima and Nagaski was wrong?

THEY don't value their own lives, the lives of their breathern, or the lives of their children.   WE care more aobut their kids than they do.

Any loss of non-combatant life is morally wrong.

If this had been the attitude of our leaders during WWII, those few of us who would actually be alive today would be speaking German and/or Japanese.

Sadly, I fear this is the prevailing attitude among our leadership today.  

+1

Death of a non combatant is UNFORNUNATE and SAD,not immoral.

It would be immoral in the case of going in a known room of innocents and mowing them down as discussed but sadly to win a war and protect our very existance innocents dying in Iraq or whereever is inevitable.

The firebombing and the two Nukes in WW2 was necessary to win,less you would speaking german right now.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top