Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 8:35:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Been at least 2 years for me.  I have about a half dozen guns I need to sight in.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:03:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Jeez, seriously?

I shoot every week and shoot USPSA matches twice a month. Ammo is out there if you look and prices are starting to come down. Get your butt to the range!
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:14:50 AM EDT
[#3]
I've been to the range 3x this year, and once was to actually shoot.

I got a couple friends to join and gave them tours of the place back in June and went to disassemble ammo on Independence Day

I'll be going again soon.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:19:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I shoot 22lr mostly.

I’m not replacing it, but I have enough that I don’t feel bad. I’m almost down to my last case of 9mm so I stopped shooting that.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:22:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I haven't shot a gun in two years. Partly because of time constraints, and partly because of the ammo shortage.  

I need to change that.

When was the last time you had some range fun?
View Quote
I hear ya..  Ammo costs and availability to replace it is what really prevents me from shooting more.

Last time I shot was about 3 weeks ago on my home range. I might have shot a bit more, but I've been super busy with work (full time gig and side hustle) then was outta town for a week.

Hoping next weekend to do some more plinking on some steel targets out back..  I got a new one, I want to throw some rounds at.

Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:26:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I shot 3 gun at the beginning of the month.  

I need to test my new Mecgar 17 round mags in the 5906 and shoot the Creedmoor for groups.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:27:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Between 2001 and 2015, I probably shot 500,000-750,000 rounds.

Since then? Maybe 500 a year, if that. I haven't been to the range in almost a year.

I'm fine. The juice ain't worth the squeeze anymore, but I shoot enough to remind myself that I've set those skills pretty much and I try to keep them sharp and my guns in working order. Beyond that, it's dead as a hobby/pleasure to me now. Too political, too expensive, too much BS.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:28:33 AM EDT
[#8]
6/2020

I hate shooting ranges and the private property I shoot on is 3.5hrs away from the house, plus not being able to easily replace what I burn through out of my inventory has dissuaded me from going.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:28:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I haven't shot a gun in two years. Partly because of time constraints, and partly because of the ammo shortage.  

I need to change that.

View Quote

My brother, I have a range at home and haven't shot in at least a month. There were times in life I would have been out there daily. It comes and goes. Life is busy.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 9:29:00 AM EDT
[#10]
I shot 100 rounds of .380 yesterday.  It pays to prepare for times like these.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 10:05:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Since then? Maybe 500 a year, if that. I haven't been to the range in almost a year.

I'm fine. The juice ain't worth the squeeze anymore, but I shoot enough to remind myself that I've set those skills pretty much and I try to keep them sharp and my guns in working order. Beyond that, it's dead as a hobby/pleasure to me now. Too political, too expensive, too much BS.
View Quote

This pretty much exactly
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 10:53:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
@BigDeeeeeeee

Yeah, well, You suck!

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Today and 4-5 days a week, nearly every week.

https://i.imgur.com/RlRi1ys.jpg
@BigDeeeeeeee

Yeah, well, You suck!

@M-60
I know.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 11:06:44 AM EDT
[#13]
Chipmunks have been destroying things in my wife's flower garden. She wants them dead. My Anschutz 22 helps with that. I've got plenty of 22 lr ammo.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 11:11:05 AM EDT
[#14]
I'm in a slow period.
3-5 times a week.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 11:31:41 AM EDT
[#15]
This thread confirms suspicions I've had about ARFCom, this and photos of pristine firearms--members don't really shoot much.

Until about 1 1/2 years ago, ammo prices were low.  What were you doing during the last half of 2019?

In January 2020, I ordered a case of Geco 9mm from AIM Surplus for $160 ($8/box of 50), so ammo prices weren't keeping anyone from shooting at that time.  Things changed about March of 2020.

I can understand not shooting much in the last year or 18 months, but not for two years.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 11:37:02 AM EDT
[#16]
This year I've limited myself to primarily precision rifle stuff.  I've been shooting Palma matches and will shoot another one this weekend.  Wife and I couldn't get enough components or shells to shoot trap this year so we skipped that.  I'd like to shoot a couple service rifle matches this year and maybe an F-TR or something like that.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 11:49:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This thread confirms suspicions I've had about ARFCom, this and photos of pristine firearms--members don't really shoot much.

Until about 1 1/2 years ago, ammo prices were low.  What were you doing during the last half of 2019?

In January 2020, I ordered a case of Geco 9mm from AIM Surplus for $160 ($8/box of 50), so ammo prices weren't keeping anyone from shooting at that time.  Things changed about March of 2020.

I can understand not shooting much in the last year or 18 months, but not for two years.
View Quote

That would be like going to a hospital in a small town and declaring that people that live there are sick.

GD is one part of ARFcom, most all of the rest is dedicated to shooting. We're a subset of the overall site. I'm not in GD to talk guns, and I suspect many other casual or non-shooters are the same. If you spent all your time in the tech forums you'd have a different opinion of the membership.

As to your question, I'm stocked up. Doesn't change the situation tho. What I shoot can't be replaced right now, not without a big expense. And, to be honest after 3 or 4 of these ridiculous politically motivated scarcity fever rushes that empty shelves and raise prices, I'm fucking sick of it.

A full magazine of pew pew, that lasts a few seconds, will buy me a couple hours of dinner at a nice sit down joint, or an entire day of relaxation on the motorcycle. It's not that I don't like shooting, it's that the climate now doesn't really support it as a fun event. What I shoot at $.20 a round that I hoarded, will cost $.80+ a round to replace, so that diminishes my want to shoot it.

None of my other hobbies are subjected to this insanity every election cycle. No one wants to ban my golf clubs. There's not a sudden rush on guitars that makes every music store a barren warehouse with long lines. I don't go bowling and suddenly it's $50 per hour when it was $18 last night.

If you still enjoy shooting and do it often, that's great, but the joy of it has been robbed for me. Doesn't make either one of us right or wrong.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 11:52:09 AM EDT
[#18]
I have shot at out door ranges, haven't been in an indoor range in 2.5 years due to covid and everyone rushed them when the restrictions lifted which meant 2-4 hour wait times.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 11:57:13 AM EDT
[#19]
1 year mainly blame COVID-19, but list of reasons in order.

Time

Imaginary excuses

Laziness

Hate being around people

Trucking gear and ammo

Can't figure out what to bring

Walking yards to target up in African heat

Setting up chrony

Edit:
Just came back from range shooting 44mag, 10mm, 45ACP 30-06, 7.62MATO, 5.56mm.
What a hoot.

Now to clean 8 rifles and pistols and sort brass.

Best part of being in the house, I'm left alone away from the nag for hours.
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 12:22:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I need to change that.

View Quote

If you've been an arfcom member since 2006 you've had plenty of time to buy cheap and stack deep, ammo shortage should be no excuse.  

and I shot last weekend.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top