Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 5:56:43 PM EDT
[#1]

At least one militia member that we know of has constructed his own sleeping bag out of several wool blankets, a couple of poncho liners, and a couple of ponchos. While not exactly inexpensive, this works well for someone who might not enjoy the strict confines of a bag designed for smaller folk. The wool acts as an extreme cold weather insert, and is easily removed when it gets warmer.

So, some of the MI militia are- shall we say- people of size?

Whodda thunk it!

ETA All your page three are belong to me!!!1111one1!
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 6:37:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Putting pics on the intraweb is a stupid idea.

Better to be neither seen nor    heard.

Especially if those pictures contain images of overweight, slovenly persons holding weapons.

Or what if instead of overweight he had been black!  It's still a prejudice.

Being black doesn't hamper your physical abilities. It also isn't something that someone can change with a little discipline.

The same cannot be said for being fat.
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 9:25:24 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Did anyone even bother to look around the rest of the site??

www.michiganmilitia.com/SMVM/field_reports/November2006/militiaaqt2.jpg

www.michiganmilitia.com/SMVM/field_reports/November2006/militiamove1.jpg

Yeah I did, and it was pretty amusing in many areas.

www.michiganmilitia.com/SMVM/field_reports/2007/apr007/militia_field_day_2007.htm

"Practice this YO" PRACTICE THIS YO???

www.michiganmilitia.com/may2007dayshift.htm

Next up: The first Saturday in June, we will expand upon our patrol training, AND have some fun with Low-Budget Militia Day. Bring your old bolt-action rifles, your home made hardtack, your pop-bottle canteens, and your dollar store first aid kits. This may also be your last chance to qualify at least Level One for The OCV 1st Annual Invitational.

See you out there, peeps!

You want more?

As noted, no opsec, blow your faces and selves all over the internet for whoever you think might be the enemy in the future to find and locate later on.

Emphasize a variety of different weapons and ammunition, nothing like making it easy to interact in the field.  Everybody out there with different weapons and different ammunition.  Nothing like making it easy to keep things fielded.  Geocache to a ammo cache and find out that only one guy can use the ammo.  I might point out that at the beginning of WW2 Italy had 4 different rifles and 3 calibers in regular use.  Do I need to point out the battle field efficiency?

Home made hard tack, ramen?  neither are very suitable for field rations.

I hate to say it, if the black helicopters come, they sure as hell aren't going to bwop bwop bwop out in the west Boonies, Sticks, and cornfields.  There's nothing of value out there to go after.

Link Posted: 6/11/2007 9:31:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+14
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 9:46:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
So,

Where can I get 6XL BDU's?  

These guys crack me up but at the same time it bothers me.  When the gun fearing sheeple think of your typical gun owner this is the image most get in their heads.

those are not BDU's thats a fucking tarp.

No, it's a tent from Omar the tentmaker.
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 10:07:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Those guys are definitely not as kool as Kissata!
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 10:18:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 10:21:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 10:23:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State

If I understand this correctly, we have a right and a need to belong to a militia that the government cannot usurp.

True, but dancing in front of the tiger will only get you eaten.

+1, it is just like the open carry issue.  Why be an attention whore?

I agree with you, but my guess is the response to your question will be "Why? because it's our right"
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 10:30:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 10:31:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 10:56:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I didn't know there were so many militia haters here.

Arfcom people hate everything.  

That about says it.
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 12:15:59 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Here is my militia.  WWII reenactment unit.  And I bet we would waste these guys in small unit tactics and definately in road marches.  And probably shooting.

Your internet dick is HUGE!  

I'm sure your half platoon of reenactors would really bring the hurt to the MI Militia.  

Quoted:
As noted, no opsec, blow your faces and selves all over the internet for whoever you think might be the enemy in the future to find and locate later on.

I hate to say it, if the black helicopters come, they sure as hell aren't going to bwop bwop bwop out in the west Boonies, Sticks, and cornfields.  There's nothing of value out there to go after.

Since you're spouting that shit here are some books you'll surely enjoy:

Terrorists Among Us: The Militia Threat

The Militia Movement: Fighters of the Far Right

The Terrorist Next Door: The Militia Movement and the Radical Right

The MI Militia has nothing to do with black helicoptors or tin foil, sorry.  They don't have a specific enemy either.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 12:17:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 12:19:16 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
And for 90% of militia members yes, tinfoil and black helis do apply.  

I'll take that for what it's worth in regard to your occupation.  Surely you wouldn't be able to have any other opinion on the matter.
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 12:23:18 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 12:52:58 AM EDT
[#17]
militia = obsolete

it's function now served by The National Guard and the standing army the founding fathers feared.

If your militia gets called by the local .gov to secure large events or help evacuate people instead of The National Guard then you are a good and functioning militia in the modern age.

If your militia is routinely raided by the police and members arrested.  And the local .gov is more likely to call The National Guard to come get rid of you than to call for your help... well then guess what you are a threat.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 1:31:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Eh, these guys aren't a threat. I'm not involved or affiliated with them in any way, but living in Michigan, you get to know a few people, and from what I can see, they're having fun. The old militia was pretty hardcore, and I don't mean that in a good way, but the present group seems to like to get together, shoot some guns, plan (well or not) how they can help during disasters, etc. Big deal. It's their right and they're not harming anyone. Better this than volunteering for PETA or something.
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 2:04:39 AM EDT
[#19]
They need to shitcan the "militia" title and call themselves the Michigan State Guard.

Divorcing themselves from that negative connotation (established by the past militia), will put them in a better light and moving in the right direction as far as the citizenry is concerned.  

You have nothing if you don't have public support.

Alabama and Texas have done well with their State Guard units.  People hear that you're with the State Guard and you at least have a little legitimacy.  

The State Guard does not have to be camo and AR15s.  They are there to protect the state.  They are there to serve the people of Michigan.  They could establish neighborhood watches, bike patrols in that state's numerous public parks, volunteer to assist in any way with the local and state police and national guard... There are so many options they could exercise in order to establish themselves as true servants of their state.

Link Posted: 6/12/2007 2:17:07 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
They need to shitcan the "militia" title and call themselves the Michigan State Guard.

Divorcing themselves from that negative connotation (established by the past militia), will put them in a better light and moving in the right direction as far as the citizenry is concerned.  

You have nothing if you don't have public support.

Alabama and Texas have done well with their State Guard units.  People hear that you're with the State Guard and you at least have a little legitimacy.  

The State Guard does not have to be camo and AR15s.  They are there to protect the state.  They are there to serve the people of Michigan.  They could establish neighborhood watches, bike patrols in that state's numerous public parks, volunteer to assist in any way with the local and state police and national guard... There are so many options they could exercise in order to establish themselves as true servants of their state.

Ding ding ding.
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 2:46:18 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Especially if those pictures contain images of overweight, slovenly persons holding weapons.

Not really.  In most cases people are fat by choice.

thank you Doctor?
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 3:19:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 3:29:49 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Those guys are definitely not as kool as Kissata!

ever read their AAR's

i find all these sites funny!
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 4:52:38 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Just look around at most of the militia groups' websites. They provide a perfect example for the gungrabbers to point at and say "this is what gun control would protect you from". One of them even has AARs from "snipers" all over the country with reports about how they dodged hikers while running around on public land, got caught trespassing, and spotted some Navy SEALs at a lake in Idaho.

Ooooooo! Could ya point me over that way? I need some good reading while at work today. As long as they arent too funny and make me keep laughing while Im trying to work.
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 5:10:27 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
militia = obsolete

it's function now served by The National Guard and the standing army the founding fathers feared.

If your militia gets called by the local .gov to secure large events or help evacuate people instead of The National Guard then you are a good and functioning militia in the modern age.

If your militia is routinely raided by the police and members arrested.  And the local .gov is more likely to call The National Guard to come get rid of you than to call for your help... well then guess what you are a threat.  

I'm not a fan of the beef jerky/airsoft/dorky MI militia crowd but you really have to think about what you're saying.  Isn't that the exact type of thing the militias were there to protect against?

It's like saying the right to bear arms is obsolete because we have police.
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 5:14:33 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Here is my militia.  WWII reenactment unit.  And I bet we would waste these guys in small unit tactics and definately in road marches.  And probably shooting.

And for the most part we are politically acceptable if not popular and I guarantee we get more kids interested in firearms, military history and thus gun politics than any of the militias do.

Hell there is even a special "carrying weapons" statute in the OK code for historical reenactors.

img516.imageshack.us/img516/9949/b20companylp1.jpg

img214.imageshack.us/img214/1756/p3120020xh2.jpg

Yeah...  But all your gear is obsolete.  You couldn't win a war with that!  
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 5:31:25 AM EDT
[#27]
ARR:

POINTS OF INTEREST NOTED: Normal activity on and around water area, civilians observed in recreational activities.

Possible SEAL exercise in dock area observed. 25-35 individuals performing underwater activity, using identical scuba

type gear. Range too great for further details.

Link Posted: 6/12/2007 5:43:58 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not really.  In most cases people are fat by choice.

thank you Doctor?

Not a Doctor. But I do know that if you eat  too much and don't exercise you get fat.  SOME people have other health factors that can cause them to be obese but for most people including myself they are fat because of  personal choices.

Link Posted: 6/12/2007 6:31:53 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just look around at most of the militia groups' websites. They provide a perfect example for the gungrabbers to point at and say "this is what gun control would protect you from". One of them even has AARs from "snipers" all over the country with reports about how they dodged hikers while running around on public land, got caught trespassing, and spotted some Navy SEALs at a lake in Idaho.

Ooooooo! Could ya point me over that way? I need some good reading while at work today. As long as they arent too funny and make me keep laughing while Im trying to work.
kissata.homestead.com/

The pictures and the AARs are both worth a look.
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 7:55:08 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

kissata.homestead.com/

The pictures and the AARs are both worth a look.

OPERATION: MONKEY FROG

WARNING ORDER:  sufficiant.

OPERATION ORDER: sufficiant.

FRAG ORDER:  none.

MISSION OBJECTIVE: Recon and develope new area of operation, find and map rally points and water sources.

WEAPONS: Point: Mosin-Nagant M44, TEC: Russian SKS.

POINT: ol-sarg

SLACK: None

TEC: Commander Klick

MISSION: Commander Klick arrived 1800, at the assembly area (AA) in the Command Vehicle/Mobile

Headquarters RV. At 0630, Point Man arrived by POV. After pre-mission brief Point infiltrated to Start

Point (SP), TEC infiltrated to SP five minutes later. Patrol then moved into AO, taking GPS readings at points of

interest. Patrol followed trails and old roads most of the time, with some off trail bushwhacking.

POINTS OF INTEREST NOTED: Three rally points chosen and mapped. Several water sources not on map noted.

Hide out/emergency retreat found, not recently used, also noted.

TOTAL KLICKS RECONNED: 6+ mountainous terrain. Approximately 5+ square klick area patrolled.

PROBLEMS: Minor: Cammo not 100%. Communication compromised due to lack of support. (no spare radio

batteries) AA not initially found by Commander Klick, but located by map and GPS with minor time delay.

Hand signals used were clear and understood, but were not standard Army Ranger/KISSATA.

DETERMINATION: "Don't forget nothing". Challenge and password use for future missions. Alternate AA's should

be chosen. Standard hand signals should be used.

ESCAPE AND EVASION: Three civilians in NorthWest sector of the AO were conducting Orienteering exercises,

and were encountered by the patrol. In each instance the civilian was spotted first and successfully evaded,

passing within twenty feet of the patrol each time, or closer, without detecting the patrol.
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 7:59:41 AM EDT
[#31]
If I see these guys prowling around my house they might have a bad day.
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 8:05:21 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

P.S. Under any circumstances-- DO NOT tell your wife
you took 1 of her sheets!!!!

Link Posted: 6/12/2007 8:05:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Too funny.
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 8:11:48 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
This guy has it going on.  At a McDonalds.

img510.imageshack.us/img510/782/loucamo1wt5.jpg

img510.imageshack.us/img510/4858/ppbiznessthmye1.jpg

img241.imageshack.us/img241/2262/spmousegunthmlm1.jpg

check out the last two pic names

If you want to become a part of this illustrious group.

www.michiganmilitia.com/budget/budget.htm

quote for pic names

I got the second one, People Business Time 1......hahah

but what's the third?  Sp mouse gun something....

ETA- The 3rd picture looks like he's wearing a damn mumu...

Splooge mouse gun, the melon won
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 9:30:21 AM EDT
[#35]
This is why the SKS has the rep it does.
Because of these tards.
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 10:09:18 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

But I am glad we were provided with a link to making hardtack, homemade MRE's, 2 sources of ramen noodles, and the knowledge that I can make a class 1 target out of a paper plate purchasable at the local 99 Cents store.

Making and preparing hardtack, a ration that was obsolete before the US Civil War and recommendations for using rifles many of which  went obsolete over 50 years ago.  

Yep I'm impressed.

Hey, take it easy.

That was the Low Budget Militia...
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 10:21:28 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
militia = obsolete

My Nat'l Guard is in Iraq, where's your's?
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 10:26:51 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
militia = obsolete

My Nat'l Guard is in Iraq, where's your's?

Not all of them.
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 10:28:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Right, there must be about 8-10 guys still here that are part of the local unit.
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 10:29:45 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Your internet dick is HUGE!  

I'm sure your half platoon of reenactors would really bring the hurt to the MI Militia.  

Quoted:

Since you're spouting that shit here are some books you'll surely enjoy:

Terrorists Among Us: The Militia Threat

The Militia Movement: Fighters of the Far Right

The Terrorist Next Door: The Militia Movement and the Radical Right

The MI Militia has nothing to do with black helicoptors or tin foil, sorry.  They don't have a specific enemy either.  

Sorry I don't see the militias for the most part as anything more than a bunch of guys with egos playing soldiers.

You seem to disagree with this (since you decided it was worth quoting) I hate to say it, if the black helicopters come, they sure as hell aren't going to bwop bwop bwop out in the west Boonies, Sticks, and cornfields.  There's nothing of value out there to go after.
suppose you tell us why it is an incorrect statement.  

You seem to be getting upset, we didn't hit any nerves did we?  I didn't say anything about tin foil either, just paper plates, hardtack and ramen.  You guys don't seriously think that homemade hardtack without preservatives is going to be a satisfactory field ration?  or ramen?  have any of you really looked to see what ramen is made of?  and what an extended diet of it would do to you in the field?  

I didn't see anything personal posted by anybody and you're starting to make comments about other guys dicks.  So what's your rank??  
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 10:41:09 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Right, there must be about 8-10 guys still here that are part of the local unit.

You do know that there are other units in your state, right?
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 10:49:47 AM EDT
[#42]

"This is our "approved weapons" list that we give to new people to ensure that they do not show up with their Winchester Model 70, .22 Rimfire, or Remington 700 sporting rifles"

But...

"Third, I find you can combine different types of weapons within a team to create some interesting "diversity". For instance two FR8's, "escorting" a FAL can operate within a "mini" Squad Automatic Weapons concept and still utilize the same ammo. Why not just three FAL's you ask? Well, and this is admitedly spliting hairs, but the FR8's (or any miltary bolt rifle in or converted to .308) are way more affordable, they weigh less, meaning more ammo can be carried, and the slower rate of fire conserves that ammo even further. "

Or, somewhat like a sniping concept, two SKS's, AK's, or even M1 Carbines can escort an A3-03, SMLE, or Mosin-Nagant, which can be used for some serious sharpshooting when the action is not up close and personal, and can REALLY make your back trail a bad place to be.

Does this guy realize how stupid he sounds?
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 10:58:25 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You do know that there are other units in your state, right?

Nope I thought that were only 8-10 guys from the MN ARNG left in MN.
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 10:59:05 AM EDT
[#44]

=

Link Posted: 6/12/2007 10:59:51 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

There is no way that he realizes how stupid he sounds. He seems to really believe that he is some sort of master tactician. My wife spent about an hour picking apart all of the bullshit on that site a few months ago.

But wait, it gets better.

There is a forum: p070.ezboard.com/KISSATA/fmscgfrm49

Like many of these guys, real military experience and knowledge is clearly lacking with this one. I find it amazing that there are people out there who are dumb enough to buy his book.
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 11:00:40 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 11:02:32 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

"This is our "approved weapons" list that we give to new people to ensure that they do not show up with their Winchester Model 70, .22 Rimfire, or Remington 700 sporting rifles"

But...

"Third, I find you can combine different types of weapons within a team to create some interesting "diversity". For instance two FR8's, "escorting" a FAL can operate within a "mini" Squad Automatic Weapons concept and still utilize the same ammo. Why not just three FAL's you ask? Well, and this is admitedly spliting hairs, but the FR8's (or any miltary bolt rifle in or converted to .308) are way more affordable, they weigh less, meaning more ammo can be carried, and the slower rate of fire conserves that ammo even further. "

Or, somewhat like a sniping concept, two SKS's, AK's, or even M1 Carbines can escort an A3-03, SMLE, or Mosin-Nagant, which can be used for some serious sharpshooting when the action is not up close and personal, and can REALLY make your back trail a bad place to be.

A Model  700 or 70 would never make a good sniper rifle.

The only think these guys are doing is drawing attention to themselves.  If the SHTF I can imagine all the "Warlords" running around MI.
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 11:15:10 AM EDT
[#48]
The KISS Anti-Terrorist Alliance? Is that like the Lady's Auxillary of the KISS Army? I bet they have fun with camo paint, and their flame throwers are really kewl.
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 11:33:52 AM EDT
[#49]
I've run into a few of these jokers.  They are batshit crazy and to be avoided.
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 11:44:29 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But...

A Model  700 or 70 would never make a good sniper rifle.

The only think these guys are doing is drawing attention to themselves.  If the SHTF I can imagine all the "Warlords" running around MI.

ORLY?
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top