BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 46
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:35:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Honestly, I don't know.  OP hasn't answered several questions I've asked him in this thread.  Like I said previously, it doesn't pass the smell test for me and I'm not talking about the dealership here.  There's seems to be information OP is intentionally leaving out.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@Nisa715

I'll ask again, how many months did you contract at?  At how many months are they recontracting you at?
Based on what you've said, and if the title hasn't been transferred to the finance company, OP is SOL correct?

Honestly, I don't know.  OP hasn't answered several questions I've asked him in this thread.  Like I said previously, it doesn't pass the smell test for me and I'm not talking about the dealership here.  There's seems to be information OP is intentionally leaving out.

I'm not intentionally leaving anything out. Just not going to post every single loan detail or amount I paid for my truck. Fact is the only thing that really matters is they paid off my lease and did a lease return, so they have no way to return my trade if I give the truck back. State law is they return my trade if they can't get financing. They can't follow that law.

It is a 72 month term with $6,800 in rebates and $1,000 down.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:36:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Had a dealer try to get me back into the dealership after I bought a car.   They said they screwed something up when recording the mileage and needed to give me a different car.  . Wonder how common this tactic is?

I told them to fuck off, we already closed the deal.  They eventually gave up and said nevermind.  I never did find drugs or anything in that car so I don't know why they wanted that car they just sold me back.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:51:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:56:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm friends with a Dealership Sales Manager.  Get your paperwork in order, contact your State Attorney General's Office.  THEY most likely fucked up, and want you to eat it.  This shit goes on ALL the time, maybe not the same scenario, but they play games none the less.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:57:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Just because of bs like this - if you can't pay CASH for car / truck - you can't afford it.

Save your money, pay cash. Save 10's if not 100's of thousands on finance charges during life, retire with savings. Never trust a car dealer. They are your enemy, their job is to con you out of as much money as possible and nothing more.

Once again - car dealer provides expensive education lesson to gung-ho buyer who agrees to monthly payment numbers up front, actually trusted the dealer and failed to validate VIN (what was purchased). Could a buyer be more effing stupid? Did OP wear a pigeon suit to the dealer? Hope the finance guy was at least wearing a mask for that robbery.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 8:59:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Just because of bs like this - if you can't pay CASH for car / truck - you can't afford it.

Save your money, pay cash. Save 10's if not 100's of thousands on finance charges during life, retire with savings. Never trust a car dealer. They are your enemy, their job is to con you out of as much money as possible and nothing more.

Once again - car dealer provides expensive education lesson to gung-ho buyer who agrees to monthly payment numbers up front, actually trusted the dealer and failed to validate VIN (what was purchased). Could a buyer be more effing stupid? Did OP wear a pigeon suit to the dealer? Hope the finance guy was at least wearing a mask for that robbery.
View Quote
Let's see here, pay cash for a 40k SUV or finance it for 3 years and use the extra cash I have on hand to dump into my retirement which is matched 1 for 1 up to 18k... hmm...
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:00:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Go back to visit the dealer but park across the street with a big sign in the bed that says "Dealer XXX is trying to rip me off. Ask me how!"

Tell them you're willing to stay as long as it takes to get the situation ironed out to everyone's satisfaction.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:01:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Let's see here, pay cash for a 40k SUV or finance it for 3 years and use the extra cash I have on hand to dump into my retirement which is matched 1 for 1 up to 18k... hmm...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or.... do both.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:01:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

You must have missed the part where the VIN matches the paperwork. Also, if everyone paid cash there would be no such thing as new car sales. The truck is also being used for business, so there will be very large tax deductions in the years to come. It is also saving me $800+ in freight each month since I can pick up my own loads with a trailer instead of having them shipped.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:03:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The intelligence of some people is astonishing. 
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:25:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You must have missed the part where the VIN matches the paperwork. Also, if everyone paid cash there would be no such thing as new car sales. The truck is also being used for business, so there will be very large tax deductions in the years to come. It is also saving me $800+ in freight each month since I can pick up my own loads with a trailer instead of having them shipped.
View Quote

The VIN matches the paperwork sure - but did YOU run the VIN to validate the model, year, options, etc?

Actually, I do the same thing and completely understand section 179 depreciation deductions. Why did not do this in December and take the 100% depreciation deduction in year 1? It would practically be paid for with tax return + down payment, and your business truck would not be in dealer BS limbo. Every November / December be ready to pay cash (company cash or loan from you to company) or finance short term with AmEx (example) and pay off with return. Can also obtain financing based upon the upcoming deduction. Lots of legitimate options for small business that don't involve trusting stealership sleazebags to handle your finances.

Was this financed by your LLC (ein) or by you (ssn)? That would make difference in terms.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:36:32 AM EDT
[#12]
A Normalguy wouldn't know 90% of what you just said
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:52:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:56:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

...says the guy working in a field that only exists because of anticompetitive dealer protection laws.

Financing scams, "Oh, we're looking for your driver's license...", "I need to discuss this with my manager...", weaseling out on warranty claims, "That car was already sold, let me show you this one...", all this and more!

I've never personally had to deal with a stealership, and based how they've treated my friends and family, I never will.
View Quote

Your emotional butthurt and angst is hilarious.

It generally exists without fail that those who shriek and yearn for safe spaces this much about "stealerships" share an inability to approach and discuss a given situation like a man.  Your complete and deliberate avoidance of my question and everything else I said tells me all I need to know about you.

Perhaps I should have asked where the mean alpha male touched you

Find somewhere else to play now, grown ups are talking.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:58:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

. If you have to make payments on it, you can't afford it.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:58:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I'm not intentionally leaving anything out. Just not going to post every single loan detail or amount I paid for my truck. Fact is the only thing that really matters is they paid off my lease and did a lease return, so they have no way to return my trade if I give the truck back. State law is they return my trade if they can't get financing. They can't follow that law.

View Quote

IM me the VIN# and I'll pull the exact incentives and rebates you should be receiving on that truck, as well as the invoice itself.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:04:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It generally exists without fail that those who shriek and yearn for safe spaces this much about "stealerships" share an inability to approach and discuss a given situation like a man.  Your complete and deliberate avoidance of my question and everything else I said tells me all I need to know about you.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/wFsnB2Fb9Z8/hqdefault.jpg

View Quote

PDB may be over reacting, but you do know car dealers have a 'certain' reputation.

You just have to be smart and know what you are buying/paying for before you walk through the doors.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:08:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:13:22 AM EDT
[#19]
Did they forget to roll-in the lease payoff?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:22:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

IM me the VIN# and I'll pull the exact incentives and rebates you should be receiving on that truck, as well as the invoice itself.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sent
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:22:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol I love these holier than thou people that really have no idea how to handle their money.  The richest people in the world dont pay cash for everything and there is a reason why.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:27:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/wFsnB2Fb9Z8/hqdefault.jpg

View Quote

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01FWIEIRU
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:33:47 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Derp.  Tell us your profession so I can make retarded blanket accusations about your job and industry.

Show us on the doll where the bad salesman touched you.

As is true with any sales job, if you have to lie to close, then you're a con, not a salesman.  I never lie to my customers and much of my business is generated from repeats and referrals.  On the flip side however, I am lied to dozens of times everyday by customers because all buyers are liars.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
All car dealer sales and finance staff are scum.

Truth. If you've walked onto a stealership, you're going to get defrauded. Salesmen are all paid liars that are as worthless as politicians.

Private party, cash sale. Every single time. If you have to make payments on it, you can't afford it.

Derp.  Tell us your profession so I can make retarded blanket accusations about your job and industry.

Show us on the doll where the bad salesman touched you.

As is true with any sales job, if you have to lie to close, then you're a con, not a salesman.  I never lie to my customers and much of my business is generated from repeats and referrals.  On the flip side however, I am lied to dozens of times everyday by customers because all buyers are liars.

you are true to a point
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:34:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Spot delivery should be illegal, but it isn't.  It is the buyers responsibility to read the documents presented in the closing office carefully before signing anything and leaving with the vehicle.  If you read the paperwork carefully you would know you left the dealer without having secured financing for the vehicle.

If you can't agree to the new financing terms, you need to return the vehicle.  The dealer then has the responsibility to refund any deposit and return your trade in.  The problem with your trade in is that you turned in a lease.  In the financing office you must have signed the paperwork which terminated the lease.  If I understand correctly, there was a balance left to be paid on the lease which the dealer paid off and was going to roll into your financing on the new truck.

If this is the case, you need to return the truck.  The dealer needs to refund your deposit.  You need to pay the balance of the lease to the dealer since they paid it off for you.  Buying the new vehicle and terminating the lease on the old vehicle are actually two separate transactions.  They cannot return your lease car to you since you terminated the lease.  The dealer either rolls the money you owe them into a new deal, or you have to pay them the balance of the lease which they already paid off for you.  There is nothing saying that since they cannot give your trade in back to you, that you get to walk away from paying the balance of your lease.  That is not going to happen.

If you decide not to buy a vehicle from the dealer, the balance you owe on the lease may actually be higher than what the dealer paid.  On some brands of vehicles the manufacturers sometimes offer loyalty incentives which lower your lease payoff if you buy or lease the same brand of vehicle.  So depending on what was left on the table when you terminated your lease, you would owe the balance the dealer paid plus any amount forgiven that was part of the incentive.  If there was no loyalty incentive, then you just owe the balance the dealer paid for you.

Now you are in a pickle.  You either pay off your owed lease balance and go buy a truck someplace else, or you make a new deal with them on a 2016 or the 2017 you are driving now.  You also have the option of looking for financing on your own, through your bank or possibly your car insurance company for example, as they may be able to get you a better payment than the dealer.
View Quote

There is no chance I'm agreeing to a higher payment or a different truck, and there is zero chance I am paying anyone for a lease payment. I didn't go to the dealer to end up with a $14,000 lease payoff and i'm sure any court would see it the same way.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:36:27 AM EDT
[#25]
All this lease rollover and incentive shit sounds sketchy AF.  Is this SOP at dealerships these days?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:39:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@Nisa715

I'll ask again, how many months did you contract at?  At how many months are they recontracting you at?
Based on what you've said, and if the title hasn't been transferred to the finance company, OP is SOL correct?

Then you are trolling. Period. All the drama could have been avoided if you had taken a pic of the paperwork (blacking out your personal info obviously) and posting it here.

But you choose to play games.

You know what the problem is and what they Want to do to fix the problem by now, you're just playing coy.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:41:48 AM EDT
[#27]
In before the dealership repos their truck also
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:43:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Go to bank and refinance it. 

If issue a arise then they would have to fight with the new lien holder. 
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:44:30 AM EDT
[#29]
New car dealerships are scams. Period. I know someone who works for a very large dealership in the area. There are scams on top of scams on top of scams. They lie directly to your face on every transaction. I will NEVER step foot inside one again.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:46:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
New car dealerships are scams. Period. I know someone who works for a very large dealership in the area. There are scams on top of scams on top of scams. They lie directly to your face on every transaction. I will NEVER step foot inside one again.
View Quote

But if you don't happily let a car dealer steal you blind, you're just a poor slob and not a real man either. Or something.

The fragility of the car salesman's ego is amazing.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:48:20 AM EDT
[#31]
I've never had the dealership financing *not* try and fuck me in some way.

Always finance through your own institution.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:48:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Then you are trolling. Period. All the drama could have been avoided if you had taken a pic of the paperwork (blacking out your personal info obviously) and posting it here.

You know what the problem is and what they Want to do to fix the problem by now, you're just playing coy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@Nisa715

Not sure how this trolling. Posted they lied to get me into the dealer, posted that they said financing came back with a high rate and payment, posted that the contract has my truck listed with correct VIN and interest and payment and terms, posted about the rider i signed, posted they already paid off my lease before financing was in place. What else should I be posting?

I'm not going to take pictures of a contract that probably won't be able to be read in a picture anyways. It is the normal long form contract with my rate and terms which have been posted before.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:48:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Tag for outcome
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:51:17 AM EDT
[#34]
I have no idea what is going to happen, but in for outcome.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:51:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Spot delivery should be illegal, but it isn't.  It is the buyers responsibility to read the documents presented in the closing office carefully before signing anything and leaving with the vehicle.  If you read the paperwork carefully you would know you left the dealer without having secured financing for the vehicle.

If you can't agree to the new financing terms, you need to return the vehicle.  The dealer then has the responsibility to refund any deposit and return your trade in.  The problem with your trade in is that you turned in a lease.  In the financing office you must have signed the paperwork which terminated the lease.  If I understand correctly, there was a balance left to be paid on the lease which the dealer paid off and was going to roll into your financing on the new truck.

If this is the case, you need to return the truck.  The dealer needs to refund your deposit.  You need to pay the balance of the lease to the dealer since they paid it off for you.  Buying the new vehicle and terminating the lease on the old vehicle are actually two separate transactions.  They cannot return your lease car to you since you terminated the lease.  The dealer either rolls the money you owe them into a new deal, or you have to pay them the balance of the lease which they already paid off for you.  There is nothing saying that since they cannot give your trade in back to you, that you get to walk away from paying the balance of your lease.  That is not going to happen.

If you decide not to buy a vehicle from the dealer, the balance you owe on the lease may actually be higher than what the dealer paid.  On some brands of vehicles the manufacturers sometimes offer loyalty incentives which lower your lease payoff if you buy or lease the same brand of vehicle.  So depending on what was left on the table when you terminated your lease, you would owe the balance the dealer paid plus any amount forgiven that was part of the incentive.  If there was no loyalty incentive, then you just owe the balance the dealer paid for you.

Now you are in a pickle.  You either pay off your owed lease balance and go buy a truck someplace else, or you make a new deal with them on a 2016 or the 2017 you are driving now.  You also have the option of looking for financing on your own, through your bank or possibly your car insurance company for example, as they may be able to get you a better payment than the dealer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

No, the dealership is in a pickle if they messed up their financing paperwork and can't return his trade-in.

Consumers should be aware that, under Illinois law, if the purchase of a vehicle is conditioned on the purchaser having an acceptable credit rating to the dealer and the dealer can not obtain financing for the consumer at the contracted terms, the dealer must return to the purchaser any down payment or trade-in under the contract. Consumers do not have to bring additional money for the down payment, pay a higher interest rate, or find a cosigner. If the dealership does not secure financing at the contract terms, Illinois law requires consumers to return the car to the dealership and requires the dealer to return to the consumer their down payment and trade-in.

http://www.illinoisattorneygeneral.gov/consumers/new_vehicle.pdf
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:51:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Take the car to an independent shop, change the locks, never park it outside your house.

Or, get a lawyer and sue.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:52:13 AM EDT
[#37]
Have them put all this in writing and email it to you. Then consult your state AG or a lawyer. They messed up and their solution is Ludacris.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:54:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Get a lawyer.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:55:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Go to bank and refinance it. 
View Quote

Pretty much this... 

Had to do the same thing once 13 or so years ago. Bought a vehicle at a very good price from dealership. About a week later they called saying financing fell through and bring the vehicle back.
Went and got a check for the contract price called the finance guy back saying he would have his money in the morning while I overnight the check (dealership was 1 1/2 hours away and I wasn't going back in there to play their bullshit). He was none too happy but never heard from them again...
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 10:59:16 AM EDT
[#40]
Day 2?
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:03:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Not sure how this trolling. Posted they lied to get me into the dealer, posted that they said financing came back with a high rate and payment, posted that the contract has my truck listed with correct VIN and interest and payment and terms, posted about the rider i signed, posted they already paid off my lease before financing was in place. What else should I be posting?

I'm not going to take pictures of a contract that probably won't be able to be read in a picture anyways. It is the normal long form contract with my rate and terms which have been posted before.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
@Nisa715

Line item details. People are here that know what should go on each line. Posting a pic with the numbers you gave for trade ect will let them see if the numbers are wrong.

There is more info on a contract than just "numbers".
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:12:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
All this lease rollover and incentive shit sounds sketchy AF.  Is this SOP at dealerships these days?
View Quote

Incentives have been around since forever and so has rolling over negative equity.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:14:06 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

But if you don't happily let a car dealer steal you blind, you're just a poor slob and not a real man either. Or something.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I must have hit a nerve
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:17:56 AM EDT
[#44]
yet again,

How did the negotiating go with the dealers rep?

Did you negotiate a $400mo payment and then when the contract came for you to sign it says $150, so you thought to yourself "sweet" and signed on the dotted line?

or

Did you negotiate a $400mo payment and now they want to make the payment $650?

(I obviously don't know your payment amount, I'm just picking $400 out of thin air)
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:18:54 AM EDT
[#45]
Your state as a regulatory agency over car dealers such as the Depsrtment of Motor Vehicles. Contact them . Cal them and see if you get these thieves hung.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:20:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

What rate did they write the original loan at and what rate did they come back with?
Is the bank they're trying to recontract you with GMF or a different one?
How many payments did you have left on the lease?  What was the monthly payment on the lease?  What was the ACV (trade-in value) and what was the payoff they used?

If you don't want to share that information on here, IM me.  I'm pretty sure I see what's happening here.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:27:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is it lying or negotiating? and is only the dealer not allowed to lie, I mean negotiate?

Or should the dealership flat out tell you, MSRP is $70k, our invoice is $69,300, employee price is $68,700, but just so you don't think we are "lying" to you, there is a dealer holdback of $35,000 on this truck, along with dealer bonus incentives of up to $12,000 if we sell you this piece of shit fast along with a bunch of other shit we need to get rid of to other dopes, so if we can meet our modest sales goals we will actually have to pay $22,300 for this tin can we want to charge you $69,800 for today.

Would that make you feel better?

Or would you rather think the "stealership" only "made" $500 on your slick talking, cash paying, dick slingin', generally bad-ass self?

That's why they "lie" to you, because you want to "rip them off" and the dealership is more than happy to "oblige."
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:28:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
yet again,

How did the negotiating go with the dealers rep?

Did you negotiate a $400mo payment and then when the contract came for you to sign it says $150, so you thought to yourself "sweet" and signed on the dotted line?

or

Did you negotiate a $400mo payment and now they want to make the payment $650?

(I obviously don't know your payment amount, I'm just picking $400 out of thin air)
View Quote

Contract I signed says the payment we agreed to. Contract they want me t come back in and sign is for $200+ more.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:29:32 AM EDT
[#49]
 Threads like this make me love my '04 F150 that I paid cash for so much more. Bought from an individual over 7 years ago for $9500 and have ZERO regrets and never had an ounce of drama associated with it.

Link Posted: 2/20/2017 11:30:36 AM EDT
[#50]
If you bought it under contract and the vin and price Tony oh agreed to is listed in the contract then the dealership is fucked, don't give them the truck back.

they signed an agreement and they are obligated to stick to it 
Page / 46
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top