Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:52:06 PM EDT
[#1]
NASCAR died February 18, 2001, it had been ill for some time.

Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:53:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Show us on the doll where go-daddy and Danica touched you.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck Godaddy and their useless services, and fuck that stuck up, no-talent broad too.

I don't know much about racing but doesn't it take talent to win the poll at a bigger race?
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 10:53:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

GoDaddy does not have the money to be an associate sponsor on a F-1 team. They have not turned a profit in the last 4 or 5 years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I never understood GoDaddy's sponsorship anyway.  The NASCAR crowd doesn't seem to be their market.  On the other hand when I went by her souviner trailer at Daytona in February they were selling the hell out of GoDaddy shit so they get a bunch of other advertising.

I see everyone saying this, but what exactly do people think GoDaddy is looking for?

They want small business's to create websites. I know everyone sneers at race fans and thinks they are beer swilling inbred hicks clinging to guns and religion, but in actuality they are more likely than the national average to be small business owners. NASCAR and Indycar are both good fits for GoDaddy, but with as stale as both series have become they are not bringing in new fans, GoDaddy has reached about everyone they can with those two series. It's time for them to spend that money elsewhere, they want to expand in Asia a primary sponsorship in Sprint Cup just isn't a great fit for them right now.

I've got a feeling they will be sponsoring a pair of Haas cars next year, just not as primary sponsors.

GoDaddy does not have the money to be an associate sponsor on a F-1 team. They have not turned a profit in the last 4 or 5 years.

They certainly have the money, the current NASCAR budget is plenty to get on with a back marker F-1 team.

They are still in the growth stage, I don't see them cutting the marketing budget that much, they will re-allocate the NASCAR money and F-1 fits GoDaddys goals perfectly.
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:41:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Anybody here still watch local circle-track?
Link Posted: 4/29/2015 11:58:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

I do but a lot of the late models in this area developmental drivers for cup, xfinity, or truck teams.  I watched the best late model race I've seen in person for years last Thursday (Denny Hamlin Showdown).  I think it airs on NBC Sports channel this Saturday at 9:00pm.  

I remember not that long ago I could go to Martinsville, sit in the backstretch grass area, for $20.  Now the truck race is $40.  Ticket pricing is the biggest problem from what I can tell.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 12:06:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Just a reminder...

"I leave it up to the government to make good decisions for Americans
- Danica Patrick
View Quote

Weird that I remember so many people writing about it, but with a google search I find huffpo and mojo and a dozen other leftist sites screaming about how she's the new "whipping girl" for saying that government should make decisions for us.  It's almost as if google has a bias or something.... hmm....

(Sarcasm detector should ping at that last line.  If not, please recalibrate.)
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 1:13:10 AM EDT
[#7]

"I've got a flat tire! Somebody help me!"
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:07:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just a reminder...

Weird that I remember so many people writing about it, but with a google search I find huffpo and mojo and a dozen other leftist sites screaming about how she's the new "whipping girl" for saying that government should make decisions for us.  It's almost as if google has a bias or something.... hmm....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Just a reminder...

"I leave it up to the government to make good decisions for Americans
- Danica Patrick

People still use google?
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:18:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
-
People still use google?
View Quote

Years of learning how to manipulate the search engine by remembering key phrases and statements means I still use them, rather than Bing or Webcrawler or DuckDuckGo or whatever else.

It is a PITA to search for anything through the political filters, though.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:24:56 AM EDT
[#10]
I would eat her unshowered ass after she drove the Daytona 500
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 2:48:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Danica Patrick may be a shitty driver at the Nascar level but she's still a better driver than 99.9% of Arfcom.
View Quote

I've never understood this reasoning. Mark Sanchez can probably throw a football farther than 99.9% of Arfcom but he still sucks. If you can't talk about someone sucking at their job without you doing it too then there would be no sports fans. Believe me, Danica can't do my job either. And if I crashed my company's computers the way she does her cars then I would expect her to give me shit over it too.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 3:25:07 AM EDT
[#12]
GoDaddy wants someone they can market worldwide and just not in the US so they will probably hire someone like Kim Kardashian as their next spokesperson. Sponsoring Danica was something like 20+million per season so now they got some free cash to hire some celebs instead of just one race car driver that nobody cares about.

Who would make a great GoDaddy spokesperson?
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 8:11:06 AM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
in before the crash

http://global3.memecdn.com/nailed-it_o_1363025.jpg

Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:08:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Sadly, F1 is finding the same fate globally.  I think the only motorsports recently that has been getting a lot more viewership is global rallycross racing.  Just curious, but what would keep you entertained? shorter races? more side by side racing? less phantom debris cautions? Just asking as it seems like a lot of millennial's have such a short attention span, they'd just watch 20-40 laps and lose interest.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They've been telegraphing that move for a while.  Lot of other companies getting cold feet on NASCAR sponsorships as well.  Attendance at races is down.  It will be interesting to see where her career goes.  Anymore its not so much driving ability but your sponsorship package that gets you a ride.

At one time, NASCAR fans were very loyal to companies that sponsored cars.  I used to be a big fan, but NASCAR appears to be the typical family business that the idiot grandson is now in the process of running into the ground.  For years, they've made changes to it that fans didn't want while ignoring what they did want.  Attendance and TV viewership is down and they still are blaming the economy.  They alienated their loyal southern fans at the expense of going after northern and western fans.  A few years ago, they were pushing hard trying to get minority fans.  It was almost funny watching that train wreck.  
At this point, I'm not sure they can turn it around, but getting back to basics would be a start.  Get rid of the circus atmosphere, concerts and firework shows at every race, get rid of the silly commentators like Darryl Waltrip, go back to racing stock cars instead of what they're racing now, and lose the upper management that is incompetently running it.

US motorsports in general are in a tailspin.

I used to be a huge NASCAR, IMSA/SCCA, NHRA and Indycar fan.

Cannot be bothered with any of them anymore and from what I have seen, many people are tuning out along with me. About the only thing I still watch is the Indy 500.

Sadly, F1 is finding the same fate globally.  I think the only motorsports recently that has been getting a lot more viewership is global rallycross racing.  Just curious, but what would keep you entertained? shorter races? more side by side racing? less phantom debris cautions? Just asking as it seems like a lot of millennial's have such a short attention span, they'd just watch 20-40 laps and lose interest.

The changes I'd make would begin with getting rid of the chase.  I'd also grandfather out multi-car owners.  I'd fire the managers who started the diversity program, as well as those who've embraced the ethanol and environmental movement.  Restrictor plates would be gone as well.  As far as the cars go, I'd have a rectangle for the car to have to fit in for a template and a box to fit over that.  No superchargers, nitrous oxide or turbochargers.  If a driver becomes dominant, like Jimmy Johnson was a few years ago, the other teams need to figure out what to do to beat him.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:02:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The changes I'd make would begin with getting rid of the chase.  I'd also grandfather out multi-car owners.  I'd fire the managers who started the diversity program, as well as those who've embraced the ethanol and environmental movement.  Restrictor plates would be gone as well.  As far as the cars go, I'd have a rectangle for the car to have to fit in for a template and a box to fit over that.  No superchargers, nitrous oxide or turbochargers.  If a driver becomes dominant, like Jimmy Johnson was a few years ago, the other teams need to figure out what to do to beat him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They've been telegraphing that move for a while.  Lot of other companies getting cold feet on NASCAR sponsorships as well.  Attendance at races is down.  It will be interesting to see where her career goes.  Anymore its not so much driving ability but your sponsorship package that gets you a ride.

At one time, NASCAR fans were very loyal to companies that sponsored cars.  I used to be a big fan, but NASCAR appears to be the typical family business that the idiot grandson is now in the process of running into the ground.  For years, they've made changes to it that fans didn't want while ignoring what they did want.  Attendance and TV viewership is down and they still are blaming the economy.  They alienated their loyal southern fans at the expense of going after northern and western fans.  A few years ago, they were pushing hard trying to get minority fans.  It was almost funny watching that train wreck.  
At this point, I'm not sure they can turn it around, but getting back to basics would be a start.  Get rid of the circus atmosphere, concerts and firework shows at every race, get rid of the silly commentators like Darryl Waltrip, go back to racing stock cars instead of what they're racing now, and lose the upper management that is incompetently running it.

Cannot be bothered with any of them anymore and from what I have seen, many people are tuning out along with me. About the only thing I still watch is the Indy 500.

Templates were not needed when the minimum factory production "stock car" rules were in effect. If Ford produced 10,000 Mustangs for their showrooms, then let them use it for NASCAR, whether it fits a template or not.  OK you might end up with more "Superbirds", but so what. Everybody can make one if they want.

Just makes for better muscle cars on the street. I never really bought into the whole "template" thing. Either it was a stock production car, or not, based on the numbers produced. What was wrong with that?

A bunch of cars racing that look exactly the same. Who wants that? I don't.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 11:58:34 AM EDT
[#16]
I agree DR.
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 12:24:05 PM EDT
[#17]
She kinda looks like the after-botox version of Sandra Bullock

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 12:38:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I do but a lot of the late models in this area developmental drivers for cup, xfinity, or truck teams.  I watched the best late model race I've seen in person for years last Thursday (Denny Hamlin Showdown).  I think it airs on NBC Sports channel this Saturday at 9:00pm.  

I remember not that long ago I could go to Martinsville, sit in the backstretch grass area, for $20.  Now the truck race is $40.  Ticket pricing is the biggest problem from what I can tell.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So are you a Pullium fan?
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 10:58:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Pretty sure Blake is sick of paying for cars that Danica puts into the wall.

Disclaimer:
The views expressed are solely my own and do not represent my employer.
View Quote

Tempe, Gilbert, or Scottsdale?
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:02:44 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Theres a lot of truth in this statement.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:04:09 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Disclaimer:

Tempe. Downstairs, equidistant from the ping-pong tables and the beer taps.

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:07:41 AM EDT
[#22]
The day Dale died was the day I quit watching.
He was last of the old breed.

NASCAR was great to watch and attend in the 80's and early 90's.  

It was all about the race and the drivers and the cars and the teams.

It became all show and no skill in the late 90's, and has been declining ever since.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:07:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It wouldn't be hard to turn around.  NASCAR still has plenty of fans.  They just need to stop pandering to people who will never watch at the expense of people who will.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:08:39 AM EDT
[#24]

Again. Fuck that evil mean spirited bitch.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:15:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I've never understood this reasoning. Mark Sanchez can probably throw a football farther than 99.9% of Arfcom but he still sucks. If you can't talk about someone sucking at their job without you doing it too then there would be no sports fans. Believe me, Danica can't do my job either. And if I crashed my company's computers the way she does her cars then I would expect her to give me shit over it too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Danica Patrick may be a shitty driver at the Nascar level but she's still a better driver than 99.9% of Arfcom.

There's a field of 43 cars, she does better than a lot of them and finishes higher on the track and in the points.  Fuck, she's done better than her boss so far this year.  

If you're going to say Danica sucks and foam at the mouth about it you might as well go on about other drivers too.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:18:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

We've won just as many NASCAR races as she has.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:19:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

It wouldn't be hard to turn around.  NASCAR still has plenty of fans.  They just need to stop pandering to people who will never watch at the expense of people who will.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How are they doing it at anyone's expense?  I'm just curious about your perspective, not trying to argue with you.

Their initiatives seem silly at best and at worst hokey as hell, but I don't see it as making a big impact on viewership.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:19:57 AM EDT
[#28]
I hope she picks up the Vagasil sponsorship
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:22:02 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He couldn't have saved it, either.  Unless he took it over.

He was only going to race for another few years most likely.

And, he was surrounded by the new breed of drivers.

That was my last NASCAR race I ever watched.

I have watched bits and pieces at someone's house, or at a bar, or as I flip through channels.

I made a point to watch Dale race. And Ernie Irvan, and Mark Martin, Bill Elliott, Sterling Marlin, Terry Labonte, Kyle Petty,  Rusty Wallace, Darrell Waltrip, Allan Kulwicki, Neil Bonnett.....

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:23:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

There's a field of 43 cars, she does better than a lot of them and finishes higher on the track and in the points.  Fuck, she's done better than her boss so far this year.  

If you're going to say Danica sucks and foam at the mouth about it you might as well go on about other drivers too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The drivers who do worse than Danica aren't rewarded with constant media coverage.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:26:38 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

How are they doing it at anyone's expense?  I'm just curious about your perspective, not trying to argue with you.

Their initiatives seem silly at best and at worst hokey as hell, but I don't see it as making a big impact on viewership.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't mean "expense" in terms of individual rights.  I mean that they're putting time and money into attempts at attracting people who will never watch rather than trying to draw in the people who will.  Like it or not, NASCAR fans tend to be overwhelmingly white.  That's not going to change, so put money into things that matter instead.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:31:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Despite what you may read here, Danica can drive and will get a new sponsor.  She's not 16th in points by accident, actually by no accidents.  She does not tear up race cars and has salvaged decent finishes on bad days.  She was tagged early in Richmond, saved it and finished ok after repairs.  Now granted, she has a teammate tops in points with the same equipment, but she also has one 30th.

Yesterday she was hit and had her car 90 degrees to the track and headed for the inside wall.  Somehow she corrected that and escaped with minor damage.  Finished the race 21st. with only 4th gear, which meant she restarted the last two runs 40th.

I'm fairly new to NASCAR so from that perspective I think it is improving over the mid 2000's  The car and packages are better than they were and so is the racing.  The stats prove it.  They are slowly fixing some of the scheduling mess, though the over building of 1.5 mile tracks will haunt them for decades.  I thought last year was very good, I hate that they messed with the power and aerodynamics... more of that for next year too...

On the plus side, they fixed the safety issue.  Now if they can just get the racing a bit better...

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 11:44:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It will be interesting to see where her career goes.  
View Quote

Dancing With The Stars
Guest host for The View
Motivational Speaker
Candid autobiography revealing things that no one paying attention will be surprised over.
Guest appearances at auto shows and sports memorabilia shows.
Occasional appearances on sitcoms.

Even without racing, she can lead a comfortable life.

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:06:15 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those other people don't get 1/100th the spotlight and probably don't have 1/2 the team she does.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:16:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Disclaimer:

Gilbert, wherever there's a free desk, equidistant from falling tile and stained carpets and ever breaking bathrooms.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:19:21 PM EDT
[#36]
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:21:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
 It's funny %87 of arf would hit the poacher hunter, but not Danica.

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a405/jabrownii/Danica%20yoga%20hotty_zpsogkuow0z.png
View Quote

No joke, I don't get it either.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:38:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck Godaddy and their useless services, and fuck that stuck up, no-talent broad too.

Sounds more like the uppity bitch refused to touch him.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:52:41 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Templates were not needed when the minimum factory production "stock car" rules were in effect. If Ford produced 10,000 Mustangs for their showrooms, then let them use it for NASCAR, whether it fits a template or not.  OK you might end up with more "Superbirds", but so what. Everybody can make one if they want.

Just makes for better muscle cars on the street. I never really bought into the whole "template" thing. Either it was a stock production car, or not, based on the numbers produced. What was wrong with that?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Getting rid of restrictor plates would eventually get a lot of fans killed by flying cars after a few drivers bought it as well.
It was a miracle that Richard Petty's car didn't end up in the front straight stands at Daytona.
You would have to run 4cyl cars to keep the unrestricted horsepower level down to where a wrecking car wouldn't be a danger to the drivers and the fans.

As far as stock cars go, look again at the Petty Road Runner posted on the other page.
It has been chopped, shaved and blended more than any custom show car. That was in 1973.

The problem is that big money can now afford to buy tech that makes a "stock car" an unbeatable, pure custom.
Look at the F1 no-pass, follow-the-pole-sitter-to-the-finish races to see what happens when you don't hold back the deepest pockets.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 12:54:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Motorsports in general used to be big, loud, bare knuckled competition. The 80s and early 90s were an exciting time to be a motorsports fan. You had the, as Brock Yates described them "neanderthal wheelmen" in NASCAR (Earnhardt, Wallace, Martin etc), the wild, innovative dragster designs of Garlits and the personalities of guys like Force in NHRA and the cocaine financed insanity that was IMSA GTP.

Now it is all toned down, corporate and kind of vanilla. It is equally if not more important to be a good product pitchman then it is to be a talented driver. Rules designed to level the playing field have taken all the innovation and craziness out of it.

About the only things I enjoy watching now are rally, offroad (shortcourse and races like Baja and Dakar) and oddly, I find competitive drifting to be pretty entertaining.

I also badly want the old Mickey Thompson style stadium racing back. Short course trucks, on dirt, in stadiums = Awesome. Robby Gordon's supertrucks series is pretty cool to watch, but it needs dirt.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 1:27:59 PM EDT
[#41]
She sent my daughter a very nice, from the heart handwritten letter of encouragement while she was in a coma for two months and had very little chance to survive.  Danica found out that she was my 8yo daughter's hero from the friend of a family member who works for her.

I heard 3rd hand that the employee (friend of the family member) told Danica about my daughter and showed her pictures of my daughter on my facebook page wearing Danica shirts in the stands of Darlington and Daytona.  Then she showed her the Caringbridge site I had going for my daughter while she was in the ICU and saw pictures of her in her current condition and also showed those facebook pictures I had printed out (among others) and hung on the wall of her hospital room.  Danica stopped what she was doing to write the letter to her.  I won't post a picture of the letter, but I assure you it is from the heart and meant a lot to my daughter when she woke up.  I also checked the signature and handwriting from what I could find online and it matches.  So, while not a fan of her on the track I respect the hell out of her.  

Needless to say, my daughter (who did pull through against all odds) is an even bigger Danica fan because she shows what a girl can do in a man's sport.  I have never met her, but always hear stories of her not exactly being the nicest person to be around.  I have no idea about that, but can only guess she it programed that way after a childhood and career as a woman (a good looking one at that) in a sport dominated by men.  Of course to think she has been treated like shit along the way is a given and she probably has a bitter taste in her mouth about that.  Just a guess.  It just seems that everyone likes to hate her or love her.  I get sick of the constant Danica coverage just like everyone else too, but NASCAR (right, wrong or indifferent) is trying to gain more female fans and the constant coverage isn't exactly Danica's fault.  They saw her as their ticket to more fans and promoted the hell out of her.  

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 2:53:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Getting rid of restrictor plates would eventually get a lot of fans killed by flying cars after a few drivers bought it as well.
It was a miracle that Richard Petty's car didn't end up in the front straight stands at Daytona.
You would have to run 4cyl cars to keep the unrestricted horsepower level down to where a wrecking car wouldn't be a danger to the drivers and the fans.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was stock car racing. That was NASCAR.  It was a good way to do it, and it was better. Real cars that you or I could buy, racing full bore. Racing the ordinary guys on the street could identify with. Cars that you could race without million dollar corporate sponsorship. That's what made it so great to watch. Richard Petty was just fine. Worries about the fans? Build higher walls or create a larger buffer zone. Don't cut the balls off the race.

Not everything in life can be all safe and concussion free. Speedboat racing is dangerous. So is racing motorcycles on ice. Roadracing motorcycles is danger. I myself witnessed a fatality on the starting grid at Moroso Park on the mid 90s in a race that I was in. I suffered some pretty good injuries myself. Air races are extremely dangerous.  Should we try to sanitize them too? I have seen fans plowed down in trophy truck races, and off road rally races. People get injured, they get killed in motorsports.

Nobody participates or watches these sports without knowing the risks.  If you think they do then print up more event warning signs, but don't neuter the races.

It makes them not worth watching imo. I am not saying we need to go all Death Race 2000, but there comes a point at which you have to just stop and realize that risk is part of the sport and destroying the sport with overregulation and  is not going to change that, all it will do is stop the fans from watching.

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 3:47:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Does Anyone Notice I Crash Alot?
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 4:54:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Does Anyone Notice I Crash Alot?
View Quote

"A lot" is two words.  
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:01:53 PM EDT
[#45]
I like Namecheap myself.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:14:08 PM EDT
[#46]
I gave up a long time ago. When they were racing cars I could go buy on Monday it was fun.
Link Posted: 5/4/2015 5:53:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

That was stock car racing. That was NASCAR.  It was a good way to do it, and it was better. Real cars that you or I could buy, racing full bore. Racing the ordinary guys on the street could identify with. Cars that you could race without million dollar corporate sponsorship. That's what made it so great to watch. Richard Petty was just fine. Worries about the fans? Build higher walls or create a larger buffer zone. Don't cut the balls off the race.

Not everything in life can be all safe and concussion free. Speedboat racing is dangerous. So is racing motorcycles on ice. Roadracing motorcycles is danger. I myself witnessed a fatality on the starting grid at Moroso Park on the mid 90s in a race that I was in. I suffered some pretty good injuries myself. Air races are extremely dangerous.  Should we try to sanitize them too? I have seen fans plowed down in trophy truck races, and off road rally races. People get injured, they get killed in motorsports.

Nobody participates or watches these sports without knowing the risks.  If you think they do then print up more event warning signs, but don't neuter the races.

It makes them not worth watching imo. I am not saying we need to go all Death Race 2000, but there comes a point at which you have to just stop and realize that risk is part of the sport and destroying the sport with overregulation and  is not going to change that, all it will do is stop the fans from watching.
View Quote

What form of racing do you think the big dollar corporations should sponsor, if not NASCAR?
The desire for popularity, TV viewership and the money that comes with it will go someplace.

F-1/Indy wing cars will never be very popular here.

Link Posted: 5/4/2015 10:37:45 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

What form of racing do you think the big dollar corporations should sponsor, if not NASCAR?
The desire for popularity, TV viewership and the money that comes with it will go someplace.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All I am saying is, back when they were really "stock cars" every body could race. The small business man, the corporation, even your neighbor down the street.  Bring that back to NASCAR, and I will watch.

Link Posted: 5/5/2015 12:26:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

All I am saying is, back when they were really "stock cars" every body could race. The small business man, the corporation, even your neighbor down the street.  Bring that back to NASCAR, and I will watch.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too. The modern mustang and camaro are damn near as fast and powerful as some of the old race cars. I really dont understand why they cant go back to that with a sealed engine or something similar.
Link Posted: 5/5/2015 7:06:08 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Me too. The modern mustang and camaro are damn near as fast and powerful as some of the old race cars. I really dont understand why they cant go back to that with a sealed engine or something similar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That still happens at many local tracks.  

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top