User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/21/2016 9:48:55 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:52:00 AM EDT
[#1]
In before their store, their rules.

A pregnant, homeless woman was shopping at a local Goodwill store on Tuesday when she accidentally defecated on herself and onto the store’s floor.

The woman then went into the store’s restroom to clean herself. As the store’s staff tried to assist and clean up, the woman asked a store employee if she could be provided a pair of clean pants and undergarments.

“The store employee went to the manager, who said the woman would have to buy the items herself, just like everyone else,” said Nafetteria Hines, who was in the restroom when the woman and the employee came in.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:52:20 AM EDT
[#2]
View Quote

Medic is FSA
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:52:52 AM EDT
[#3]
I tried to donate a good, working, 27" TV to a local Goodwill. They refused it because it wasn't a flat screen. I gave it to some Christian charity outfit instead. They were happy to have it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:54:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I tried to donate a good, working, 27" TV to a local Goodwill. They refused it because it wasn't a flat screen. I gave it to some Christian charity outfit instead. They were happy to have it.
View Quote

Bullshit
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:55:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Medic is FSA
View Quote

I donate to Goodwill to help the homeless.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:57:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because no one will buy it, and then they have to pay for its disposal.  We have thrift stores all over this area that can't even give them away.  I've literally seen tags on them saying FREE, and no one will touch them.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:57:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Medic is FSA

Goodwill isn't in the business of helping people
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:58:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Bullshit
View Quote

Ours will not accept TV's, PC's or other electrical devices either.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:58:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

I see that now.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 9:59:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Bullshit
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Bullshit

You are wrong.

He is right:

Quoted:

Because no one will buy it, and then they have to pay for its disposal.  We have thrift stores all over this area that can't even give them away.  I've literally seen tags on them saying FREE, and no one will touch them.

Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:01:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Bullshit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullshit

Call 'em and ask (330) 821-4880

Awaiting apology.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:02:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nor ours. I'I've ran across quite a few people who've asked me about getting rid of an old tv, since goodwill doesn't want them.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:03:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You are wrong.

He is right:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullshit

You are wrong.

He is right:

Quoted:

They will take flatscreens and laptops. At least they did.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:04:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Why is she "shopping" if she can't pay four bucks (or whatever) for a pair of pants? (Answer: because "shopping" means "stealing")

Why is she pregnant if she's homeless?  (Answer: drugs)

Why is she homeless if she's pregnant? (Answer: drugs again, cuz shelters that would fall all over themselves trying to help a pregger homeless don't let you smoke crack in the lobby)

What happens tomorrow if they give her free things for shitting herself?  (Answer: a bunch more free shit army flocks in and shits themselves to get free shit.)

This dumb broad's only problem is herself.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:05:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

You have to pay to throw that stuff away, some people try to pawn off broken electronics as a 'donation'.

What was she going to do in the store with zero cash?

Shit herself, make a scene and hope someone throws cloths at her to get her to leave.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:08:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Nafetteria?  Is that pronounced to rhyme with cafeteria?
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:09:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Homeless, but fucking and getting knocked up and bringing a child into the world with no way to provide for it.

"Shopping" but no $2 to buy pants.

I have a hard time feeling bad for people who make bad choices in life then expect someone else to fix it.

ETA: beat
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:09:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Ours will accept anything. This year gave I them a 60" projection TV, and three or old four picture tube TV's. Don't know if it is company policy to take them, but their employees will find a use for them. Signed receipt is all I require.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:10:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:10:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Goodwill is a business not a charity. A lot of people don't realize this.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:10:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:11:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Nafetteria?  Is that pronounced to rhyme with cafeteria?
View Quote

Thats the way I read it too
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:14:55 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Awaiting apology.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullshit

Awaiting apology.

Gibbs rule number 6
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:23:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What happens tomorrow if they give her free things for shitting herself?  (Answer: a bunch more free shit army flocks in and shits themselves to get free shit.
View Quote

Point of order: If they shit themselves, they already have free shit.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:25:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Bullshit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bullshit

Yeah my goodwill probably has 15 tube tv's
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:28:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Medic is FSA

Of course they are....but the worthless shit that gets dropped off costs money to dispose of.  They have limited space and resources....so they have to take items that move.  The FSA are picky people these days since the .gov has moved the bar high for them.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:28:53 AM EDT
[#27]
“The woman didn’t have any money at all, so that’s when I bought her what she needed myself.”
Hines spent a little more than $8 to buy the woman new pants, undergarments and shoes.
"What’s so bad is that the only reason she went there is because it’s a Goodwill store,” Hines said. “You’re a Goodwill store. Items are being donated to you so why couldn’t you donate to her, and be a blessing to her, and be blessed in return?”
The woman had tears in her eyes when Hines brought her the clothes.
“Our team was dealing with several issues at the same time,” said Elaine Armstrong, spokesperson for Goodwill North Georgia. “We were trying to assist the shopper and clean up a biohazard on the floor.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:32:25 AM EDT
[#28]
The story says she was shopping in the store, then later says she had zero money
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:34:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Bullshit
View Quote

True. I tried to donate a crt, like new...they wanted nothing to do with it. FSA only wants flat screen....probably only LED and more than 50"
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:35:58 AM EDT
[#30]

You would think they would have helped her out if only to get her the fuck out of their store.....I bet that manager is rethinking that one.

$8.00 worth of used clothing for someone in distress is not worth the bad press.

LOL.... Sounds like the assholes that work at our local goodwill store.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:36:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Shitty
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:41:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Homeless, but fucking and getting knocked up and bringing a child into the world with no way to provide for it.

"Shopping" but no $2 to buy pants.

I have a hard time feeling bad for people who make bad choices in life then expect someone else to fix it.

ETA: beat
View Quote

Fucking is one of the few nice things a homeless person can still do. Plenty of time for it too.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:44:14 AM EDT
[#33]
I can't believe no one has declared this a poop thread yet! GD be slippin'.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:47:06 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You would think they would have helped her out if only to get her the fuck out of their store.....I bet that manager is rethinking that one.

$8.00 worth of used clothing for someone in distress is not worth the bad press.

View Quote

Giving away product isn't something a worker can do without management permission. If she asked a worker and not a manager, the worker would probably have said 'I can't do that'.

Their workers aren't smart, empowered and ready to break rules to do the right thing. They're working a minimum wage job, often as a part of a program or parole thing. They probably don't want to fuck up.

I can't judge the workers for not stealing from goodwill to give pants to that woman.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:48:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Goodwill is a "for profit" organization.

Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:50:36 AM EDT
[#36]
While I believe the manager should have shown some compassion and basic human decency, you do have to remember that Goodwill is set up to offer the community help in two ways.

The first way is the obvious way: selling things really cheap so people who can't afford $50 jeans can have decent clothing. The second way isn't as well known, and that's employing people who otherwise would have a hard time finding a job. They can work in a Goodwill store to get training on the basics of holding a job, responsibilities on the job, and to get some experience they can put on a resume when it's time to move up to the next rung on the ladder.

Carry on with the Goodwill bashing and the homeless person bashing, but do so with that knowledge.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:55:48 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Their average customer is either poor or trying to find a great deal on some lightly used Brooks Brothers, neither are going to give a shit about a homeless crack head.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:56:09 AM EDT
[#38]
I used to service the local Goodwill, so I got to see what goes on in the back and talk with the managers.

In this location, they sort in the back. They have huge signs hanging up with examples and corporate names/logos on the signs. Anything that comes in with a Harley Davidson, Nike, GB Packers, Under Armour ,Columbia, etc., gets separated.
They put out one or two of these items out on the retail floor if they are faded or a little ratty. The rest go to their auction site, where they get more $ for it.

Goodwill helps themselves before they help anyone else.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:56:17 AM EDT
[#39]
It was probably the third or fourth time she went into that store and shit herself in order to get a new pair of pants.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 10:58:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not only that, those big 27" CRT TV's are fucking heavy.

Have you seen the people who work at Goodwill?  They would never be able to move the damn thing.  Or sell it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 11:02:42 AM EDT
[#41]
When the donated clothing is in the store taking up shelf space and employee time, it's no longer free clothing.  There is overhead involved.

Link Posted: 12/21/2016 11:02:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote

Those are garbage now.  You gave it to a Christian charity who threw it in the dumpster after you left.

Here was have "bulk trash day" periodically where you can put big items on the curb.  The local scrappers know the scheduled neighborhoods and drive the streets before the trash trucks come through.  They will take anything that might be fixable, scrappable or have recycling value.  They won't take those old TVs.  

People would rather receive herpes than a tube TV.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 11:05:12 AM EDT
[#43]
How do you shop without money?....homeless pregnant woman had no money....

Still, someone helped her...what's the big deal.?  You hope people present themselves so they can be helped but that doesn't always happen.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 11:07:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yep. Had a friend try to sell one on Facebook. Probably a 20 year old TV. what he wanted for t would pay for half of a new flat screen with a half again larger screen
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 11:11:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I can't believe no one has declared this a poop thread yet! GD be slippin'.
View Quote

...sorry.  Was in the bathroom.

POOP THREAD

X2
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 11:15:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Bullshit
View Quote

Same policy in my area. They only accept items they think they can sell. Box style TVs don't sell(really a shame nobody wants them, they last longer than flat screens). They'll only take flat screens, and only certain sizes. I know a lot of people who donate to smaller independent thrift shops because Goodwill is too picky on what they'll take.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:16:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

NOT TRUE!

They'll "help" anyone who follows their consumer based model.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:19:30 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

Bad precedent. I'd start stopping there every time I shat myself...
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:26:11 PM EDT
[#49]
She was doing what 99% of homeless people do: running a fucking scam.

I guarantee she shit herself on purpose hoping to get free clothes.  Why else would she be in there "shopping" with no money?

It fucking worked so she'll undoubtedly do it again at some point.  I'm sure she uses her pregnancy to scam people all the time.
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 12:34:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
She was doing what 99% of homeless people do: running a fucking scam.

I guarantee she shit herself on purpose hoping to get free clothes.  Why else would she be in there "shopping" with no money?

It fucking worked so she'll undoubtedly do it again at some point.  I'm sure she uses her pregnancy to scam people all the time.
View Quote

Yep, they do it in regular stores like Walmart or Macy's as well. It's a common scam. I also guarantee you that woman has made hundreds in crack money off that belly too.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top