Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 27
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 5:29:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I remember when that pic came out  - Janet Reno said pointing the gun at the child was ok because the agent's finger was not on the trigger.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pointing a weapon at someone is a federally investigated crime now?

http://i59.tinypic.com/2rr9abl.jpg

Exactly the picture I was thinking of

Couldn't decide between that one or this one:

http://i62.tinypic.com/jql644.jpg

Us and them. Just further proof of it.
Elian Gonzalez is my personal favorite I think.  Sweeping a child with an MP5.  

http://www.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/20131111/rs_560x415-131211095433-1024.elian-gonzalez-child-cuba.jpg

I remember when that pic came out  - Janet Reno said pointing the gun at the child was ok because the agent's finger was not on the trigger.

Saiga guy on the bridge should be good then since his finger is off the trigger too.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 5:30:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View Quote

Only when one uses women and children as shields.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 5:31:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 5:31:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This may present an issue, as to whose rifles were pointed first (which Bundy supporters claimed happened very early and before other people were even armed).

Since this area is covered by 9th Circuit case law, the court has ruled and been very restrictive on when officers can point firearms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm sure none of the BLM had rifles pointed at any of the Bundy supporters....especially not the ones with sniper rifles.

This may present an issue, as to whose rifles were pointed first (which Bundy supporters claimed happened very early and before other people were even armed).

Since this area is covered by 9th Circuit case law, the court has ruled and been very restrictive on when officers can point firearms.

When charged with protecting a desert tortoise I believe the 9th Circuit will rule for deadly force.

Link Posted: 5/9/2014 5:37:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That picture just pisses me off.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 5:39:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Of all the things for the FBI to put effort into...
View Quote

Hell, I am surprised they have the manpower to spare, what with all the tea party investigations going on...
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 5:40:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They know his name, he did interviews, some folks here found and friended him on facebook.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pictures of said pointed weapons or it never happened.

Guy on the bridge proned out pointing his AK at the agents in the gully better be finding a lawyer.

how do we know he wasn't a mole?

They know his name, he did interviews, some folks here found and friended him on facebook.

Oh that's brilliant.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 5:42:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Was he actually pointing it at somebody?

Or is it like that old yarn about militia members meetings?

Out of the ten militia members at some meeting, 2 are ATF agents, 2 are FBI, 2 are DHS, 2 are confidential informants turned because they got caught with both a dime bag and a gun at the same time.

The last two...one is a true beliver.

The other is just there for the free beer.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's one.
http://tellmenow.com/files/2014/04/2014.04.13-mrconservative-534a98dde0480-500x346.jpg

Was he actually pointing it at somebody?

Or is it like that old yarn about militia members meetings?

Out of the ten militia members at some meeting, 2 are ATF agents, 2 are FBI, 2 are DHS, 2 are confidential informants turned because they got caught with both a dime bag and a gun at the same time.

The last two...one is a true beliver.

The other is just there for the free beer.

you forgot two important points:
1.  The true believer is actually an undercover investigative reporter.
2.  None of the feds or informants are aware of the others' status.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 5:42:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Oh that's brilliant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Guy on the bridge proned out pointing his AK at the agents in the gully better be finding a lawyer.

Oh that's brilliant.

He's a well insulated mole?

Link Posted: 5/9/2014 5:45:32 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

This? This is nothing....but it will LEAD to something.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

LAS VEGAS -- A dramatic development in the saga surrounding rancher Cliven Bundy, the FBI has entered the case.

The 8 News NOW I-Team has learned that FBI agents have started an investigation into the events surrounding a potentially deadly showdown one month ago.

It is one thing for Bundy and his supporters to square off against an assortment of Bureau of Land Management employees. It is quite another when the FBI enters the picture, and that is exactly what has happened.

The I-Team has confirmed that FBI agents have launched a formal investigation into alleged death threats, intimidation and possible weapons violations that culminated with a dangerous showdown on April 12, and the first people to be interviewed by FBI agents are Metro Police, starting with Clark County Sheriff Doug Gillispie.

Last week, the I-Team talked with Metro officers who intervened to protect the lives of federal employees from the 400 or so Bundy supporters and armed militia members. Officers told the I-Team they feared for their lives that day because of the assembled firepower, and because many in the crowd had pointed weapons at officers, taunted them, told them they should be ready to die.

FBI agents also spoke to an entire squad of Metro officers, who were on the scene to act as a buffer between the crowd and the BLM. Bundy supporters have insisted in emails and calls to 8 News NOW that no one in the crowd pointed weapons at BLM or Metro, but officers told the I-Team that is exactly what they saw, that many with guns set up behind women and children.

It is illegal to point loaded weapons at federal agents,

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/25469579/breaking-news-fbi-investigating-bundy-supporters-in-blm-dispute

I knew this was coming.

This? This is nothing....but it will LEAD to something.  

I bolded the shit that got my attention in this...

Shit just got real

So maybe the 1st person to do time for a 922r violation?
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 5:45:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

i cant really tell what he is pointing at though, could be a prarie dog
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's one.
http://tellmenow.com/files/2014/04/2014.04.13-mrconservative-534a98dde0480-500x346.jpg

i cant really tell what he is pointing at though, could be a prarie dog

Is that an actual, functioning firearm?  I dunno.  I bet he was just trying to look intimidating, or be supportive of Mr. Bundy.  I suspect that it was just an airsoft rifle, or at worse, an actual firearm with the firing pin removed.  This gentleman is not guilty of anything more than disturbing the peace.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 5:50:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
In for drone footage.  You know they have it.
View Quote

I guarantee you since this entire thing started they've been poring over the pictures attaching names to faces for their files.

Although with facial recognition software, it's not like that would be difficult.   In olden days, it'd be a group of guys with magnifying glasses and a stack of photohraphs.  Now they just have HAL 9000 do all of the heavy lifting.

Do whatever it takes to defuse the situation.   Then quietly go after as many people as possible for whatever violation you can possibly cite them with on an individual, lone basis.  At least, that's how I'd do it if I were the head of a repressive regime.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 5:50:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Not much. Select twelve people, show them those pics, easy conviction.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder how much of an impact the choice of venue will have when selecting for a jury.  Probably not as much as any of us would think.

Use of force is legally justified when a person reasonably believes it is necessary to defend oneself or someone else against imminent harm.  The question might be:  Did the feds "point" first?
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 5:54:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.examiner.com/article/court-upholds-police-pointing-gun-at-lawful-carrier

Link Posted: 5/9/2014 5:55:29 AM EDT
[#15]

"If you're not cop, you're little people."

- Bryant, Blade Runner

Link Posted: 5/9/2014 5:55:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.examiner.com/article/court-upholds-police-pointing-gun-at-lawful-carrier

Link Posted: 5/9/2014 5:55:43 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm sure none of the BLM had rifles pointed at any of the Bundy supporters....especially not the ones with sniper rifles.

Yep.  Who pointed first.  Use damn bino's.  Either side.  Rude doesn't even begin to cover glassing someone with firearm optics.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 5:57:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Use of force is legally justified when a person reasonably believes it is necessary to defend oneself or someone else against imminent harm.  The question might be:  Did the feds "point" first?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wonder how much of an impact the choice of venue will have when selecting for a jury.  Probably not as much as any of us would think.

Possibly. 3 of the 5 were smart enough to use binoculars.

Link Posted: 5/9/2014 5:57:31 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bundy's people were idiots using women and children as a shield.  Between Vickie Weaver, the little old ladies in the blue Tacoma, the lady killed

in Atlanta, and the little girl shot in the head in Detroit, and God knows what else, women and kids won't stop the hammer from dropping.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 5:57:51 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:01:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was mentioned that this guy was planted.  Has that been sorted out?
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:03:11 AM EDT
[#22]
So the FBI waited for weeks to make it to Benghazi when a fucking Ambassador was murdered and the crime scene had been burnt and looted.    Do I have that right?     Some people show up armed to protect against the over reaching fed gov or another Waco and all of the sudden they are Johnny on the spot?  

Keep pushing assholes.    Most people wanted nothing to do with Bundy and look at the overwhelming support that showed.   The political hacks in charge are not smart enough to see that.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:03:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If they decide to go after somebody and it is him I have zero doubts he will be convicted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If they decide to go after somebody and it is him I have zero doubts he will be convicted.

Let's say he says "there were many LEO's with their firearms aimed at unarmed people and I was afraid innocent people would get shot"...................as a juror what would you say?

RDak would say "not guilty".
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:04:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I will chip in to get him Zimmermans lawyer.    Fuck everyone that has anything to do with bringing charges against those people.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:08:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Let's say he says "there were many LEO's with their firearms aimed at unarmed people and I was afraid innocent people would get shot"...................as a juror what would you say?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too. But somehow I suspect that neither of us would make it through voir dire.  I absolutely believe that AUSA's absolutely have extensive background checks done on prospective jurors, they would know anyone that ever posted on a site that even halfway supported Bundy.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:10:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:11:23 AM EDT
[#27]
But only good LEOs that respect our rights post on this forum, so I'm sure I won't see any of them getting chubbies over people being put in jail over this.

Oh wait...............
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:12:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
But only good LEOs that respect our rights post on this forum, so I'm sure I won't see any of them getting chubbies over people being put in jail over this.

Oh wait...............
View Quote

One that has the letters FED and DC in his username is fapping furiously. Guaranteed.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:12:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:14:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Which agent was he pointing his gun at and identify the person he was protecting?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which agent was he pointing his gun at and identify the person he was protecting?

Hypothetical............I am pretty sure that is what he might say................let's assume numerous witnesses for the defense support his statement as to aiming.

Now what do you do as a juror?

Beyond a reasonable doubt?
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:15:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Using women and children as human shields. I'm calling bs.

Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:18:58 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Show the pictures to a jury of twleve and he will be convicted.

He needs to be finding a good lawyer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How can the .gov possibly know WHAT he was aiming at - if he was aiming at anything?  Pointing his rifle in the general direction?  Sure.  Aiming at?  I'm not positive about that one.

I'm sure he'll need a good lawyer. But  I completely disagree with your jury comment.  There's no way that happens.  The Feds have to prove that he aimed directly at a Fed.   Unless they have a photo taken from his sight window which shows that he was unquestionably aiming at a Fed, (which they don't)  this isn't going anywhere.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:19:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Can they prove he is pointing at a cop? He could be pointing at a Bundy supporter or at a cow.

They better have clean records.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's one.

Can they prove he is pointing at a cop? He could be pointing at a Bundy supporter or at a cow.

They better have clean records.

Or was he a fed plant? Only guy that was photographed and looked way staged
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:19:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:19:53 AM EDT
[#35]
Now we need to see who gave the orders to go after the guys on the overpass and why. They are trying to scare people into not acting and organizing against them.
Cover your faces from now on.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:20:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:21:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Hypothetical............I am pretty sure that is what he might say................let's assume numerous witnesses for the defense support his statement as to aiming.

Now what do you do as a juror?

Beyond a reasonable doubt?
View Quote

As a juror I'd want to know if there were people pointing guns his way.  If there were, he walks.  Don't give a damn what bureaucracy they worked for; city, federal, whatever.  Don't care what the law says in that particular situation.

This whole thing faded away without bloodshed, and as a leader that would have been my first goal.  If I accomplished that and everybody walked, I'd be happy with that.  Obama obviously has other priorities.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:21:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:25:39 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Guy in prone is an idiot. You don't aim, point or direct your weapon at a crowd.

You don't point a gun at anyone unless there's a deadly force issue....grazing cattle bs is an issue for court, not the street.

Please do not call the police when your neighbor does the same.
View Quote

They own the courts. Look at your own state for proof.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:25:50 AM EDT
[#40]
View Quote

Their duties are currently "lawful" and protected, aiming at them is not.
Like it or not, you submit to the police.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:26:18 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yeah I think he gets convicted.
View Quote

I don't know about that, I just don't know.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:27:47 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I would not want to bet my freedom on that strategy.

View Quote

Yeah, you are probably right on that one IMHO.

I mean, he was aiming at something.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:28:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

I would not want to be my freedom on that strategy.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm sure he'll need a good lawyer. But  I completely disagree with your jury comment.  There's no way that happens.  The Feds have to prove that he aimed directly at a Fed.   Unless they have a photo taken from his sight window which shows that he was unquestionably aiming at a Fed, (which they don't)  this isn't going anywhere.  

It's not a strategy.  If you're going to try someone for aiming a gun at a Fed.  I'm pretty sure that you have to prove that they actually aimed at a Fed?   NOT pointing the muzzle in the general direction from a long distance away.   There is no proof he aimed at a Fed.  So yeah...  that would be my strategy.  What else would it be?
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:29:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

It's not a strategy.  If you're going to try someone for aiming a gun at a Fed.  I'm pretty sure that you have to prove that they actually aimed at a Fed?   NOT pointing the muzzle in the general direction from a long distance away.   There is no proof he aimed at a Fed.  So yeah...  that would be my strategy.  What else would it be?  
View Quote

Defending unarmed people from getting shot?
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:33:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good intentions gone bad? When you aim a weapon to prevent, hinder, or endanger LE conducting lawful duties, you get arrested.
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:34:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
So yeah...  that would be my strategy.  What else would it be?
View Quote

Have one of the jury try to hit a man-sized target at 300m with an AK?
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:34:58 AM EDT
[#47]
I would care a little more if every agent of the government that pointed a gun at someone that day was arrested as well. Otherwise it's just a hypocritical witch hunt because somebody found out the hard way they are not the only people in the world capable of pointing rifles at people. No different than the cop that arrests an OCer because he doesn't like not having a monopoly on force.

Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:35:11 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that's great when you actually think with a level head. Unfortunately the dominant amount of Americans now-days are sheeple. They would absolutely hang someone up for no better reason than only the LEO should have weapons they are there to protect us and he is a "vigilante". Now I know you will say reasonable doubt well let's be honest with ourselves these same people wouldn't ask themselves that they would let their ultra-liberal emotions guide them not the law nor actual thought process.

LEO says he's bad so he's bad. Welcome to america LOL

ETA: not to mention its LEO's word vs civilians  and I would put your chances at about 2% of beating that battle lol
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:35:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Good intentions gone bad? When you aim a weapon to prevent, hinder, or endanger LE conducting lawful duties, you get arrested.
View Quote

Understood.

I wonder when that line is crossed by the situation and LEO's behavior though?
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 6:36:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Oh that's brilliant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh that's brilliant.

A perfect oppurtinuity to be "Rusty Shakelford" to the press and the guy dicks his own Opsec up.
Page / 27
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top