BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:50:30 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
No thanks, I think I am very happy with my Gold Dots.

+1
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:51:16 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Those guys look extremely GHEYY.

Check the eyes man, I think it's the same guy just different guns/gear.

Guy #3 is painted black!?  

Shok

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 9:44:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Well guys thanks for all your replies (espically chargeing handle for the informative not joking around posts). All I wanted is what you guys actually thought about this ammo. And Dscott the reason that I have low post numbers is because I don't know alot about guns (I know enough but not enough that I want to comment on in order to give out advice to someone and that advice to be wrong). I make $40 bucks an hour so the way I see it Ill have some fun with it and shoot some shit up with it and go out and buy some hydrashocks (total of 1 hour 15 minutes of work). My point in posting this was to find out if this stuff was really what they are making it out to be. I read some of the testimonials and thought that they were pretty impressive. So my thinking was 1). If all of the testamonials are true and 2). if this ammo does exactally what it claims to do then it should be some pretty wicked stuff. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:22:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Those guys look extremely GHEYY.

Check the eyes man, I think it's the same guy just different guns/gear.

Guy #3 is painted black!?  

Shok

Fixed it for you.

But if you look close, you can see that his fingers are still white

NyTrilium? WTF is that? I went and looked in my huge CRC chemistry catalog and surprise! No such element, chemical, molecule, compound, or any other such substance exists!!!

Boy, when a company misleads and deceives you with their ads, it just makes you want to defend your life with their ammo... NOT!
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 1:56:20 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
1). If all of the testamonials are true and 2). if this ammo does exactally what it claims to do then it should be some pretty wicked stuff. Thanks.

I think you missed the point of most of the posts, including Charging_Handle's - this ammo is wickedly unacceptable as defensive ammunition.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:29:45 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I make $40 bucks an hour so the way I see it Ill have some fun with it and shoot some shit up with it and go out and buy some hydrashocks (total of 1 hour 15 minutes of work).

You really need to do some research. Hydrashocks aren't the best choice either. If you're really interested in carrying the best ammunition, do yourself a favor and read a little.

Quoted:
So my thinking was 1). If all of the testamonials are true and 2). if this ammo does exactally what it claims to do then it should be some pretty wicked stuff. Thanks.

I think you missed my earlier point. Do you also trust the testimonials of the people who have lost 300 pounds on the website of the latest diet pill? Do you really believe in that hype?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:58:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Well guys thanks for all your replies (espically chargeing handle for the informative not joking around posts). All I wanted is what you guys actually thought about this ammo. And Dscott the reason that I have low post numbers is because I don't know alot about guns (I know enough but not enough that I want to comment on in order to give out advice to someone and that advice to be wrong). I make $40 bucks an hour so the way I see it Ill have some fun with it and shoot some shit up with it and go out and buy some hydrashocks (total of 1 hour 15 minutes of work). My point in posting this was to find out if this stuff was really what they are making it out to be. I read some of the testimonials and thought that they were pretty impressive. So my thinking was 1). If all of the testamonials are true and 2). if this ammo does exactally what it claims to do then it should be some pretty wicked stuff. Thanks.

Please don't take my comments personally, it's all in fun.

But DO read up on the links provided... you'll see why these people are stealing your money.

Oh, and since you said you bought TWO boxes, that's 2 1/2 hours of doing whatever you do.  

BTW, Sportsman Guide has .40 cal Speer Gold Dot for $13/box of 20.  Check it out!
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:11:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please don't take my comments personally, it's all in fun.

But DO read up on the links provided... you'll see why these people are stealing your money.

Oh, and since you said you bought TWO boxes, that's 2 1/2 hours of doing whatever you do.  

BTW, Sportsman Guide has .40 cal Speer Gold Dot for $13/box of 20.  Check it out!

My wife makes just a tick over that and I'd slap  her in the ear for wasting that kind of money.  Between rent, utilities, jeep payment, medical bills, lawyer bills, and her FORTY FUCKING THOUSAND DOLLARS in student loans, we don't have any money to play with.  Even with my FT job,  my PT job is our play money.  Making that kind of money sucks.  It brings along all kinds of other bills.  Not to mention that the IRS gets around 35-40 percent.  Now that I'm done babbling,  pay attention to what they said this ammo sucks.  Trust your life to your training,  and nothing else.  As far as ammo goes, Speer gold dots or Rangers either one are very reliable rounds that will put a whoopin on whatever they hit.  Both have a proven history of doing so.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:41:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
So if a 9mm handgun round can drop a 505 lb hog, then it should be good enough to stop a 180 lb man.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who said the hog "dropped"? Dropped and stopped are different things. I know a guy who hunts polar bears with a 22LR, I shit you not. Sure, eventually it "drops" from bleedout, but how long do you want to give a man to die while he is shooting at you? Temporary cavities and "energy dumps"  mean NOTHING (do your research and learn why, some of which is covered above). Only shots to the CNS will "stop" your target cold before he can fill you full of holes. All it would take is an arm in the way to stop your 7" penetration, and when the dude is shooting at you, his arms are directly in the way for torso shots. There is a reason why all serious organizations have a deep penetration requirement, look into it. Killing a man, and stopping a man are two different things, you need to stop him immediately, not just cause him to eventually die.

Jesus H Christ, come of you people go nuts on this board.  So I said "dropped" instead of saying "stopped".  My whole point was that if the round could STOP a 505 lb hog, then it could not be all that bad.  I know that a 22 LR will kill almost anything on this planet.  I used to watch the cattle get shot in the head in our local butcher shop.  I also know that a shot to the CNS will stop someone in their tracks.  Personally, I would not use the ammo for personal protection, nor would I use it for hunting.  But, if the damn bullet can stop a 505 lb hog, then it still worked, period.  Irregardless if the damn pig bled out or not.

And now for this one.
Quoted:
Shootings the melons and water jugs is nice, but not really a good test for a bullet.

Shooting a 505 lb hog is a different thing entirely. Taking for granted that they didn't tie it to a tree and shoot it in the head from 10 ft away. If it was a 15 or 20 yd shot to the shoulder, or ribs, and that is how they killed the hog, then that is pretty damn good. I know a bunch of guys that have shot hogs, and I was able to shoot one when I was stationed in Germany. I used a 30-06 with a 180 gr bullet to kill the hog, shot just behind the front shoulder from 60 yds, and he ran a good 50 yds before he died. So if a 9mm handgun round can drop a 505 lb hog, then it should be good enough to stop a 180 lb man.

<edited for grammar errors>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually bad shot placement on your part. Had you placed that 180gr bullet just infront of the front shoulder it would have ben DRT. If you know where to put the bullet a hog can be killed with anything, including a .22lr with no problem, so the fact that they did it with a 9mm pistol is no big feat and really doesn't say anything about how good this ammo is.

It does actually talk to how well the ammo did, the hog died did it not???  All I said was that the bullet should be able to stop a 180 lb man if it can kill a 505 lb hog.

By the way, when we cleaned the hog I killed in Germany, the heart was destroyed.  So my shot placement was just fine.  The shot killed the hog, but its brain did not know it was already dead.  

I love coming to this site to check out some of the posts and do research on AR's, ammo, sights and such.  But damn, sometimes it is a bully pulpit in here.  If you don't agree with the "experts", then by god, you get hammered for being a ignorant no nothing stupider than fuck dumbass!  Some of you need to relax a little bit, stressing out is not good for your heart.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:01:26 AM EDT
[#10]
You are missing the simple point.  It's not enough to kill your target, you must stop them cold before they can shoot back.  Go ahead and continue to use the round for hunting, the animal isn't going to shoot back.  It's good enough for a hog, but not an armed man.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:36:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Watching that video link someone posted on the first page.  

They actually said "this bullet can not be recovered for use in ballastic fingerprinting" and they said it in a way as it was a beneficial feature.  

Not that I am a big fan of ballastic fingerprinting of course, but for use in LEO application or defensive purposes ballastic fingerprinting is the least of my concerns.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:19:11 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Jesus H Christ, come of you people go nuts on this board.  So I said "dropped" instead of saying "stopped".  My whole point was that if the round could STOP a 505 lb hog, then it could not be all that bad.  I know that a 22 LR will kill almost anything on this planet.  I used to watch the cattle get shot in the head in our local butcher shop.  I also know that a shot to the CNS will stop someone in their tracks.  Personally, I would not use the ammo for personal protection, nor would I use it for hunting.  But, if the damn bullet can stop a 505 lb hog, then it still worked, period.  Irregardless if the damn pig bled out or not.

I tell ya what - go ahead and load up that 50gr. 9mm round and go up against a Grizzly bear that weighs 500 pounds. After all - the company says it can.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:51:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Just to clarify one more time.  All I said was that the bullet did work, it did kill the hog.  I also said that if the bullet could kill a big ass hog, then it obviously should be able to kill a man, which I am quite sure it can.  Does that make sense to some of you?

I never advocated using it against people, armed or not, nor did I advocate using it for hunting. I was just stating my observation that the bullet, when used to shoot the hog, worked as intended.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:03:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Just to clarify one more time.  All I said was that the bullet did work, it did kill the hog.  I also said that if the bullet could kill a big ass hog, then it obviously should be able to kill a man, which I am quite sure it can.  Does that make sense to some of you?

I never advocated using it against people, armed or not, nor did I advocate using it for hunting. I was just stating my observation that the bullet, when used to shoot the hog, worked as intended.

My point is that:
1) The bullet can kill a big animal.
2) A .22 can kill a big animal
3) A sharp stick can kill a big animal
4) A mosquito can kill a big animal
5) A meteor can kill a big animal
6) etc.

What's your point?

The fact that they showed a picture of a big hog that was downed doesn't tell us anything. If it was tied up, and they shot it point-blank in the skull, then yeah - I imagine that would be lethal.

The whole issue is that they advertise this for DEFENSIVE use. When I select ammunition to use to defend my life, I have a fairly narrow selection criteria. I don't need the bullet to work when the assailant is tied down and I can walk up to him. I want the bullet to work when I have to shoot him from a less-than-ideal angle. Maybe the bullet has to penetrate some thick clothing. Go through an arm or maybe a leg. A torso shot at an oblique angle. That kind of stuff. Only the bullet that can deal with a wide variety of factors on a consistent basis will do the job.

Extreme Shock is NOT that kind of ammo.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:03:14 PM EDT
[#15]
I give up, some people just don't understand the very important difference between killing and stopping.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:24:34 PM EDT
[#16]
XGunBunny, listen to Zhukov.

He knows what he is talking about and is trying to help you.

There are many, many kinds of ammo that will kill a hog.

Only a very few are really good for defensive use.

This stuff ain't one of them.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:28:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:40:28 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
4) A mosquito can kill a big animal
5) A meteor can kill a big animal

I once saw a meteor kill a mosquito.

True story.

Did you get a picture and put it on your website?

Is that where they got the Nytrillium?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:51:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:05:54 PM EDT
[#20]
OK so here is the deal.  I just talked to Ol Painless and he has gratiously decided that if we can get him some of this extreme shock ammo he would be happy to, put it up against the Water Box O' Truth so if anyone is interested send me an IM and we can pool some funds to put this Extreme shock crap to rest.  Now I don't make $40 and hour but I am designating some funds to put towards this.  It seems as if this subject comes up on this board about once every couple of months.  Lets put these mall ninjas to rest.  

P.s. O_P thanks for your offering to shoot some stuff and take pics for us.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:21:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
OK so here is the deal.  I just talked to Ol Painless and he has gratiously decided that if we can get him some of this extreme shock ammo he would be happy to, put it up against the Water Box O' Truth so if anyone is interested send me an IM and we can pool some funds to put this Extreme shock crap to rest.  Now I don't make $40 and hour but I am designating some funds to put towards this.  It seems as if this subject comes up on this board about once every couple of months.  Lets put these mall ninjas to rest.  

Sounds like you are the point man.  Put it together?
Matthew
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:27:50 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

And this will tell us what, exactly?  

(Besides that's it fun to shoot stuff?)
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:40:23 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
XGunBunny, listen to Zhukov.

He knows what he is talking about and is trying to help you.

There are many, many kinds of ammo that will kill a hog.

Only a very few are really good for defensive use.

This stuff ain't one of them.

Maybe you should do a Box o truth using Xtreeeeem Shock!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:16:05 AM EDT
[#24]
I guess some of us are just looking at the subject from different viewpoints, which happens from time to time.

I personally wouldn't use this ammo for personal defense, as I use Winchester SXT 230 gr in my pistol.  My CX4 will be using the same ammo as well.  

I do understand the difference and importance between stopping someone and killing someone.  I was not trying to say they are the same.

So my apologies to all if I pissed anyone off.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:03:11 PM EDT
[#25]

Sorry, but the shockwave destroyed my camera.  Miraculously, I survived, unscathed, to tell the story.

NyTrillium is produced when a meteorite composed of 87% Enstatite and 13% Aubrite collides with a mosquito that has recently feasted upon the blood of The Beast (Hillary).

That is another rare event, which I have also witnessed.  I sold all the NyTrillium I could find on e-bay for $500/mg.  Some schmuck bought it all and put it in his ammo recipe.  NyTrillium blesses the ammo with +8 Beast Slaying.

Sorry, you are incorrect.  NyTrillium is a special alloy of Nyquil and coprolites.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:40:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:14:27 PM EDT
[#27]
just as a reminder the 5.56mm bullet was pushed on the military from flashy little demonstrations of blown up watermelons etc.

and we ALL know where that led.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:21:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Just read a test of an AR based 5.56 sniper rifle.  One of the loads they tested was extreme shock.  It had the worst accuracy of any of them.  Stay tuned for magazine info.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:49:58 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
just as a reminder the 5.56mm bullet was pushed on the military from flashy little demonstrations of blown up watermelons etc.

and we ALL know where that led.

It led to a very effective rifle platform that is still used today.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:22:10 PM EDT
[#30]
Rifle platform- yes, bullet - no.  Or at least it seems that way with the push to develop better 5.56 loads or other cartridges altogether.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top