Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:05:38 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

In New York City, the police already have a more or less accurate database of registered firearms so they have a list of doors to knock on.

Outside of NYC, how would "the authorities" compile a list of citizens to harass?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

"County clerks, district attorneys, county sheriffs and local law enforcement do not want to enforce the S.A.F.E. Act...."

Then don't.  For God's sake, if you know something is wrong, refuse to do it.

In New York City, the police already have a more or less accurate database of registered firearms so they have a list of doors to knock on.

Outside of NYC, how would "the authorities" compile a list of citizens to harass?

That will be fun.

What's the over/under on dead cops for that operation?

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:11:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

And the sock puppets around here will post POOR OFFICERS!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let that POS be the first to try an take someones gun the coward.

Are you kidding?   That mutherfucker lies in bed at night humping the pillow and thinking about an armed American in a standoff with the "authorities" over confiscation.   The media will attack the first person to do that so hard, that there will be little sympathy left for anyone else to take a stand.   He DREAMS of "making an example" out of someone who is principled enough to stand up to him.

And the sock puppets around here will post POOR OFFICERS!!

This.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:13:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Cops will continue to do what they are told as long as it gets them their paycheck every week.
NY residents will comply.  Yes, even you JBT's of Arfcom.  You may bury your shit or hide it...but you now have a useless piece of metal/plastic that you can never use...which is the same as you complying.  

Your fantasy dreams of SHTF, civil war, and overthrowing the govt are just that...a fantasy.  
Today's wars are won with money.  Unless you can buy your way into the law, it ain't happening for you.  

You think you are going to stand up to LEO's, SWAT, and the national guard? You are going to take one look at your wife and kids next to you and lay your weapons down just like history has proven before.

It's the hard truth.  Accept it.  It's here.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:14:41 PM EDT
[#4]
FUAC!!
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:16:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
H
View All Quotes
Quoted:
H
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"County clerks, district attorneys, county sheriffs and local law enforcement do not want to enforce the S.A.F.E. Act...."

The SAFE act basically mirrors the NYC local laws on guns. So all the icky hi cap baby killers are already a no-no there.

As for the rest of the state, don't know.

If you bought it at an FFL on a 4473, I'm sure there is some documentation.

They may not know what specific firearm you have without chasing down your forms; chase down the forms they may.  Either that or go through what data they "don't" have and look for all firearms transactions and search residences for compliance.

I'm not sure how they are going to enforce it or even if they will.  Maybe they'll back down.  I applaud those that refuse to enforce the law but realize that there will be plenty of manpower left to do so; probably less than stellar recruiting, too.

NY is pushing hard to influence my state.  Bloomturd bought and paid for our DA and senators, we are teetering the line ourselves.  I hope NY'ers nut up and kill this cancer before it gets out of control, one way or another.  While I hope for peaceful resolutions I think we all are aware how far the left will go to get the their grail.

The NYC law now prohibits long guns with a capacity of more than 5 rounds,  which were previously legal to own and were already registered by law abiding New York City dwellers so the authorities know where to look for them.

New York State doesn't have a registry of long guns to work from.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:18:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Is what they passed in CT as bad as NY?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This business starts in CT on Jan. 1.

Worse...
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:20:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:24:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
This business starts in CT on Jan. 1.

Worse...

Why the ? (Honest question...)

Truth be told, I've only tangentially following what's been going on in NY and I don't know the full details, but the shit sandwich we got handed here is fuckin' horrible. So bad, in fact, that even lawyers can't even decipher WTF those shitbags in Hartford wrote.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:25:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That will be fun.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That will be fun.

None as a result of enforcement efforts against the law abiding NYC Sheep; those people are trained to suck in their stomachs and OBEY.

When a licensed NYC gun owner passes away, his family is contacted and a police department demand is made for the guns and they get compliance.

The drug dealers and street gangstas won't be affected of course.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:31:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Good and let them start with confiscating the FUDD's shit first.  Those fuckers didn't want to lift a finger to help fight the libs.  i've only got 5 moar years in this POS state, let them give yet another reason to move/retire to NC.  the fucking joke is on them.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:32:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

They may not know what specific firearm you have without chasing down your forms; chase down the forms they may.  Either that or go through what data they "don't" have and look for all firearms transactions and search residences for compliance.

I'm not sure how they are going to enforce it or even if they will.  Maybe they'll back down.  I applaud those that refuse to enforce the law but realize that there will be plenty of manpower left to do so; probably less than stellar recruiting, too.

NY is pushing hard to influence my state.  Bloomturd bought and paid for our DA and senators, we are teetering the line ourselves.  I hope NY'ers nut up and kill this cancer before it gets out of control, one way or another.  While I hope for peaceful resolutions I think we all are aware how far the left will go to get the their grail.

The NYC law now prohibits long guns with a capacity of more than 5 rounds,  which were previously legal to own and were already registered by law abiding New York City dwellers so the authorities know where to look for them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

H
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The SAFE act basically mirrors the NYC local laws on guns. So all the icky hi cap baby killers are already a no-no there.

As for the rest of the state, don't know.

BINGO -- they can go full retard in NYC, it won't translate well to the rest of NYS.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:38:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I believe they will find a few citizens to victimize with the new law during traffic stop searches and maybe somehow pick up a few guys shooting their stuff in  woods.

But I can't see them doing anything else.

There will be little or no compliance to which Cuomo will say "look; I got all of those evil guns out of NYS, SAFE ACT is a huge success."
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:42:06 PM EDT
[#13]
I doubt the "SAFE" act is going anywhere, barring any real resistance.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:46:52 PM EDT
[#14]
They made gun owners into criminals and that was their goal for now. Once it takes set they will slowly expand it out.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:50:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Some will..................but don't be so sure everyone will comply

Quoted:
Cops will continue to do what they are told as long as it gets them their paycheck every week.
NY residents will comply.  Yes, even you JBT's of Arfcom.  You may bury your shit or hide it...but you now have a useless piece of metal/plastic that you can never use...which is the same as you complying.  

Your fantasy dreams of SHTF, civil war, and overthrowing the govt are just that...a fantasy.  
Today's wars are won with money.  Unless you can buy your way into the law, it ain't happening for you.  

You think you are going to stand up to LEO's, SWAT, and the national guard? You are going to take one look at your wife and kids next to you and lay your weapons down just like history has proven before.

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:52:09 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

They made gun owners into criminals and that was their goal for now. Once it takes set they will slowly expand it out.
View Quote

They'll cart out the abysmal registration statistics in a year or so, and then say that they need to now go door to door to take them off the streets and out of our schools.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:52:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

This, that's the lefts and the medias wet fucking dream
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you kidding?   That mutherfucker lies in bed at night humping the pillow and thinking about an armed American in a standoff with the "authorities" over confiscation.   The media will attack the first person to do that so hard, that there will be little sympathy left for anyone else to take a stand.   He DREAMS of "making an example" out of someone who is principled enough to stand up to him.

This, that's the lefts and the medias wet fucking dream

And "oh how they'll burn in the camps" when they realize we were right all along.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:24:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Paychecks and pensions will assure it gets done.
View Quote

I have to comment on this. They probably want the people who are in it for the money to quit.

Back when I was a grunt NCO, we used to have this ongoing discussion. When faced with battle, would you rather have 100 draftees, 50 guys who were in it for the money, or 25 true believers.

I always argued that I could get more done with the true believers, because they would do anything you asked of them, even if it was to their own detriment.

Well, in this scenario, there are no draftees. They want the guys doing it for the paycheck to quit. They know that when they have nothing but the true believers left, shit will get done.

And shit will get done.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:32:40 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

If there was a promotion to be made from confiscating someone's unsafe act "arsenal" I'll bet the po-po would be all over it. Hell, just their picture in the paper would do.
View Quote

seems if I were doing something clearly unconstitutional and unpopular I wouldn't want my picture /name known,might be like putting a target on ones back.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:34:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I have to comment on this. They probably want the people who are in it for the money to quit.

Back when I was a grunt NCO, we used to have this ongoing discussion. When faced with battle, would you rather have 100 draftees, 50 guys who were in it for the money, or 25 true believers.

I always argued that I could get more done with the true believers, because they would do anything you asked of them, even if it was to their own detriment.

Well, in this scenario, there are no draftees. They want the guys doing it for the paycheck to quit. They know that when they have nothing but the true believers left, shit will get done.

And shit will get done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And shit will get done.

Maybe  so , but  at  the  complete  expense  of  the  sovereignty  of  government . We  have  a  goverment " of  the  people " . The  idiot  politicians  want  this . The  people  don't . It's  pretty  simple .
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:38:36 PM EDT
[#21]
What do you think the government has been doing for sometime now

They have compiled a list with this NSA snooping already. They KNOW exactly who has what and YOU are already on the list if you do not registered.

They will do this state by state.  Just my theory tho
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:39:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

And shit will get done.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And shit will get done.

It worked for the SS.  For the low level shit, the ordinary German would basically just do what they saw as their "duty".

But for the REALLY nasty shit, it took a true believer.  

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:39:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The only reason there wasn't confiscation put into the SAFE Act is because the State Police were afraid to enforce it. The NYC gungrabbers, who are running the show, were going to put it in and were shocked to find out that it would be a problem.

The state Republican Party is a joke, Long Island's Republicans pushed the SAFE Act through, so the author is a little too optimistic about gunowners showing up for whoever the Republican Party runs, right now the GOP establishment is backing Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino because "he draws Democrat voters. Westchester is one of the few counties that did not object to the SAFE Act (along with Long Island, NYC, Albany and Tompkins (Ithaca)) Are upstate gunowners going to fall all over themselves voting for this guy?

"only congress should ban assault rifles" was what this hard charging hope of the NY Republican Party said.

Nothing is going to be confiscated. All serious rifles are illegal in NY, either illegal to own now, or if you register, illegal once you die. Gun ownership dies with the current generation of mostly older gun owners.

View Quote

They won't wait that long. They smell blood in the water, and it's so close they can almost taste it. They want it. Now. And they need it. Soon.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 5:42:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

They won't wait that long. They smell blood in the water, and it's so close they can almost taste it. They want it. Now. And they need it. Soon.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The only reason there wasn't confiscation put into the SAFE Act is because the State Police were afraid to enforce it. The NYC gungrabbers, who are running the show, were going to put it in and were shocked to find out that it would be a problem.

The state Republican Party is a joke, Long Island's Republicans pushed the SAFE Act through, so the author is a little too optimistic about gunowners showing up for whoever the Republican Party runs, right now the GOP establishment is backing Westchester County Executive Rob Astorino because "he draws Democrat voters. Westchester is one of the few counties that did not object to the SAFE Act (along with Long Island, NYC, Albany and Tompkins (Ithaca)) Are upstate gunowners going to fall all over themselves voting for this guy?

"only congress should ban assault rifles" was what this hard charging hope of the NY Republican Party said.

Nothing is going to be confiscated. All serious rifles are illegal in NY, either illegal to own now, or if you register, illegal once you die. Gun ownership dies with the current generation of mostly older gun owners.

Yea  right . Just  like  they  did  in  Colorado  I  suppose ?
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:03:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ahem...

Remember that one batshit crazy Obama-lover in CA that had the cops so scared they were gunning down little old ladies?

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:09:43 PM EDT
[#26]
There will be shots fired if they truly try and enforce this on some of the old guys with nothing to loose in upstate. My brother lives in that area and they are a lot of gun people in that area.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:12:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
We register and wait for confiscation or we don't register, become felons and wait for confiscation.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well, at least California's not on the bottom of the heap any more.

Til Jan 1?

What happens here, then?  
We register and wait for confiscation or we don't register, become felons and wait for confiscation.  

We don't have to register. Only new weapons are registered.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:13:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

It worked for the SS.  For the low level shit, the ordinary German would basically just do what they saw as their "duty".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And shit will get done.

And they gave them the gear, and they gave them the authority...

And where did the gear come from? And where did the authority come from?
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:17:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And shit will get done.

The...STATE.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:25:10 PM EDT
[#30]
What  they  don't  have  is  " moral  authority " .
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:27:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

The...STATE.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And shit will get done.

The...STATE.

And who allowed the state to have that power?
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:28:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The...STATE.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And shit will get done.

The...STATE.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:30:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Sure they don't...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
County clerks, district attorneys, county sheriffs and local law enforcement do not want to enforce the S.A.F.E. Act...

Sure they don't...

Yep. News articles about arrests indicate differently.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:32:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And shit will get done.

The...STATE.

Interesting question.  A minority of voters gave the Nazis their initial bit of power, then a coalition of industrialists and old line conservatives, fearful of the communists, pushed Hindenburg to name Hitler as his successor.

So, Fear would probably be the most complete answer.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:33:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

His example could end up being a martyr.  Remember the Alamo became a battle cry.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

His example could end up being a martyr.  Remember the Alamo became a battle cry.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

A very similar thing kicked off a world altering historical event 250 years ago or so.  It did not go so well for the enforcers just doing their jobs either.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:34:20 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That will be fun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That will be fun.

NYPD has been confiscating guns for decades.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:35:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

*snip*

The...STATE.

View Quote

And how'd that work out for them in the end?
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:38:19 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Sure they don't...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
County clerks, district attorneys, county sheriffs and local law enforcement do not want to enforce the S.A.F.E. Act...

Sure they don't...

This.

I guess someone else arrested all these people
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:38:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Why here?

Quoted:
Good and let them start with confiscating the FUDD's shit first.  Those fuckers didn't want to lift a finger to help fight the libs.  i've only got 5 moar years in this POS state, let them give yet another reason to move/retire to NC.  the fucking joke is on them.

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:38:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:39:00 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That will be fun.

Shhhhhhhhhhhh.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:46:38 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

View Quote
Then there is no point to a 2nd amendment in your eyes and nothing but a hobby.

I must wonder about anyone who does his level best to demoralize us into registering/turning them in.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:49:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

*snip*

The...STATE.

Not well.

How well did it turn out in the intersititial?

Not well.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:53:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:55:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Who will the first LEO to be gunned down in his/her attempt at confiscation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well......we said it was coming.

Now it's here.

Who will be the first to knock on a door and announce "I'm here to take your gun!"

Who will be the first to say "NO!"

Who will the first LEO to be gunned down in his/her attempt at confiscation.

this is the rub though. that LEO who gets greased while willingly or unwillingly confiscating  guns becomes a martyr and the poster boy for gun confiscation. whoever defended his 2A rights just became a cop killer in the eyes of law enforcement and the uninformed masses. Many officers who were on the fence about 2A rights will see only that a cop got killed "doing his job" and the shit storm begins.

ETA: no good can come of this, but frankly, in my opinion, i think it's where we are headed.  i think they will push it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:56:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:58:56 PM EDT
[#47]
Well, I would laugh and say "you done this to yourself NY," but I know in time this will begin in every state. This is an attack on all of us.
You don't kill a snake by attacking its tail, you cut off its head, so why should you place yourself in a fire fight with police?
You know who and where the head of the snake is, why not take the fight to them?
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:23:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sorry to disappoint you, but everyone isn't a total pussy who quits when the going gets tough.  Not everyone has a family to worry about and there's more than a few angry people out there with nothing to lose.  People like Lee Oswald and Dorner proved a point whether you agree with what they did or not.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:38:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:39:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

You are correct that many will look at their wife and children and lay their weapons down, yet there will be some which will refuse to sell their granchildren and great grandchildren into slavery for a few more brief moments of peace. True Peace is bought and paid for in blood. We are blessed with many warriors who understand this. At what point rational men no longer bend to the tryannical will of those seeking to protect and prolong their reign is an open question. 'tis not a question of whether they will rise up, only a question of whether they will so do in time.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top