Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:13:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:14:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

We register and wait for confiscation or we don't register, become felons and wait for confiscation.  
View Quote

What, specifically, do we register in California starting Jan. 1?

Did I miss something?
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:14:42 PM EDT
[#3]
confiscate what?  what is going on?
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:17:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

And the sock puppets around here will post POOR OFFICERS!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let that POS be the first to try an take someones gun the coward.

Are you kidding?   That mutherfucker lies in bed at night humping the pillow and thinking about an armed American in a standoff with the "authorities" over confiscation.   The media will attack the first person to do that so hard, that there will be little sympathy left for anyone else to take a stand.   He DREAMS of "making an example" out of someone who is principled enough to stand up to him.

Yup.  End of Watch, brothers

We gotta stomp these libertarian fuckwads!
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:18:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
confiscate what?  what is going on?
View Quote

Copper ammo for hunting, "rebuild kits", crazy people, HSCs.

That's all I know about.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:21:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Well......we said it was coming.

Now it's here.

Who will be the first to knock on a door and announce "I'm here to take your gun!"

Who will be the first to say "NO!"
View Quote

Who will the first LEO to be gunned down in his/her attempt at confiscation.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:22:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

They can start with anyone who's ever legally owned a pistol.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"County clerks, district attorneys, county sheriffs and local law enforcement do not want to enforce the S.A.F.E. Act...."

Then don't.  For God's sake, if you know something is wrong, refuse to do it.

In New York City, the police already have a more or less accurate database of registered firearms so they have a list of doors to knock on.

Outside of NYC, how would "the authorities" compile a list of citizens to harass?

They can start with anyone who's ever legally owned a pistol.

Don't forget that they've started sending out letters to gun owners who registered long guns with 5 or more round capacity in NYC.  It won't affect the homies who bought their guns illegally and of course, never registered them.  But the law abiding individuals who complied with the registration law are being targeted by the gun grab.

Lesson learned from that?
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:22:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Is what they passed in CT as bad as NY?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This business starts in CT on Jan. 1.

CT got handed a soup sandwich.  The only difference is we got 10 rounders, not 7.  That and they left a minor stone unturned, which I'm not hashing out in GD.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:27:43 PM EDT
[#9]
First shot heard round the world happened in the north east. I'm ok with seeing history repeated.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:29:04 PM EDT
[#10]
How it goes in NY will set the stage for the rest of us.     WE ARE WATCHING NY.    and Fuck Cum-O
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:31:31 PM EDT
[#11]

You WILL comply
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:40:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:43:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Liberals are not trying to take our guns.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:45:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Liberals are not trying to take our guns.
View Quote

If you like your guns you can keep your guns. Period.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:48:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Yep.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.

"The Constitution State"  Just a slogan.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:54:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Are you kidding?   That mutherfucker lies in bed at night humping the pillow and thinking about an armed American in a standoff with the "authorities" over confiscation.   The media will attack the first person to do that so hard, that there will be little sympathy left for anyone else to take a stand.   He DREAMS of "making an example" out of someone who is principled enough to stand up to him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice Scout
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:54:59 PM EDT
[#17]
The  "mad gun owner" scenario the left anticipates can be risky.  It depends on officers being killed, and then overwhelming force being applied to squash the bug.   It needs to follow a carefully written script to play out correctly, and that includes goading the holdout into reacting violently so that the state violence will be justified.   Then the message of safely, compliance, and harmony can be drizzled out to the collaborative media.

But if the next guy to get his stuff seized also reacts violently, and the next guy, it can quickly spiral out of control to the point where the cops getting shot start saying "fuck this" and the whole program collapses.

We'll see how it plays out.   There's a long history of cowering to the state in New York, so I expect only one interesting evening's news, if that, and that will be the end of it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:56:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

As it was explained to me MD isn't far behind and why I withdrew from consideration for a job down there.

There's a nice big chunk of property not too far from here.  ARFCOM group by on a compound?  CommieState Refugee Camp.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:57:41 PM EDT
[#19]
And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.”

- Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 1:58:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
The  "mad gun owner" scenario the left anticipates can be risky.  It depends on officers being killed, and then overwhelming force being applied to squash the bug.   It needs to follow a carefully written script to play out correctly, and that includes goading the holdout into reacting violently so that the state violence will be justified.   Then the message of safely, compliance, and harmony can be drizzled out to the collaborative media.

But if the next guy to get his stuff seized also reacts violently, and the next guy, it can quickly spiral out of control to the point where the cops getting shot start saying "fuck this" and the whole program collapses.

We'll see how it plays out.   There's a long history of cowering to the state in New York, so I expect only one interesting evening's news, if that, and that will be the end of it.
View Quote

Hmmmm...now how could the media be used against itself in a case like this?
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 2:01:55 PM EDT
[#21]
We live in very interesting times.  Dangerous and potentially very violent. But interesting nonetheless.

I never imagined living to see the shot heard round the world 2.0.  But I very likely will.  I just hope that there *is* that shot...and not an overwhelming silence.

Will not comply.  Will never comply.  And will resist with equal force of arms those who try to make me.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 2:03:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Paychecks and pensions will assure it gets done.
View Quote

Traitors!
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 2:03:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't care to speculate on wargaming a confrontation where people are going to die just to manipulate the message.  Maybe you were going somewhere else with this and I just missed it?
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 2:18:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I don't care to speculate on wargaming a confrontation where people are going to die just to manipulate the message.  Maybe you were going somewhere else with this and I just missed it?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, I was.

The media likes to spin things, and to showcase their "stories" for their masters...and the gullible.

Be a shame if they had nothing to report on. Be a bigger shame if all of their reporting was proven so false, biased and questionable that it couldn't effectively be used to spread the compliance "message".

I think the term was 'maskirovka' or something like that. I'm sure others can figure out how to accomplish this via passive resistance.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 2:27:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Sure they don't...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
County clerks, district attorneys, county sheriffs and local law enforcement do not want to enforce the S.A.F.E. Act...

Sure they don't...

When it comes down to "go confiscate them" or "good luck finding a new job"

Guess which one most will choose?
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 2:30:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Not only that, but it would surely get the ball rolling on further legislation.  Perhaps Federal.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not only that, but it would surely get the ball rolling on further legislation.  Perhaps Federal.

Let just see them try it.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 2:37:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well......we said it was coming.

Now it's here.

Who will be the first to knock on a door and announce "I'm here to take your gun!"

Who will be the first to say "NO!"

Most likely some poor bastard with 6 kids, two of whom are special needs.

What I would like to hear some sheriff say is,

"OK, Governor. YOU lead this. YOU! Why-Oh-fucking Ewe. Here's a pistol and there's Crazy Larry's house and he's home right now. YOU go up to his door and tell him that You are taking his guns. Now go. Lead us. Set an example. Lead from the front, Governor."

Uhhh...Uhhh. The hemming and hawing would be epic.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 2:48:43 PM EDT
[#28]
FUAC, the best part of you ran down the crack of your whore mother's ass!
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 2:53:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Anyone else see the Avila's on channel 10 news?
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 3:08:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Sure they don't...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
County clerks, district attorneys, county sheriffs and local law enforcement do not want to enforce the S.A.F.E. Act...

Sure they don't...

They might whine about it, but in the end, their desire to keep their job and pension will encourage them to do as they are told.

Quoted:

And, actually, I had a recent disagreement with my wife's uncle - an NYPD captain - about the very topic of being morally responsible for our actions, whether or not they are "legal".  I had that fresh in my mind when I read the above.

You might mention that many German military members did exactly as they were told, and were later HUNG til they were dead.  No matter that it was LEGAL and compulsory that you committed atrocities against Jews and other minorities.   Bonus points if the cop is Jewish.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 3:18:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Time to stand up NY
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 3:19:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
FUAC
View Quote

yeah fuck him
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 3:20:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
New York has been using the Sullivan Act to confiscate firearms for over 100 years.
View Quote

yet I bet you I am the only one who even noticed your comment.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 3:21:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes they will!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 3:25:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You're sure?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're sure?

"Pretty sure."
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 3:27:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Does anyone remember when Gov. Rockefeller tried to impose a tax on the Indians in NYS back in the 70's ? The troopers didn't dare cross the burning tires laid across the road. The Indians where out there with there guns. Who would have known how far that would have went have they tried to disarm the Indians.  It would have been a fucking blood bath.

This time the state is surrounded and not the Indians. I would think twice Andy
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 3:31:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

yes they will!!!!!!!!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes they will!!!!!!!!!

You know what's as intellectually dishonest as Obama's whoremouth itself?

Putting words in people's mouths and/or making shit up out of whole cloth and then denouncing those who didn't actually say it.

It's a leftist tactic I remember the hippies using back in the 1960s when I was in college.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 3:38:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

In New York City, the police already have a more or less accurate database of registered firearms so they have a list of doors to knock on.

Outside of NYC, how would "the authorities" compile a list of citizens to harass?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"County clerks, district attorneys, county sheriffs and local law enforcement do not want to enforce the S.A.F.E. Act...."

The SAFE act basically mirrors the NYC local laws on guns. So all the icky hi cap baby killers are already a no-no there.

As for the rest of the state, don't know.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 3:39:11 PM EDT
[#39]
If Cuomo goes through with this it might just be time for some people to put their money where their mouth is.  If there's a few 'isolated incidents' then nothing much will happen and probably the media would try to blame it on "lone nut gun owners".  If there's more than a few incidents things could spiral out of control and get very intriguing indeed.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 3:41:16 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 3:45:08 PM EDT
[#41]
H
Quoted:

The SAFE act basically mirrors the NYC local laws on guns. So all the icky hi cap baby killers are already a no-no there.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The NYC law now prohibits long guns with a capacity of more than 5 rounds,  which were previously legal to own and were already registered by law abiding New York City dwellers so the authorities know where to look for them.

New York State doesn't have a registry of long guns to work from.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 3:48:47 PM EDT
[#42]
DoubleTap
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 3:49:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Don't want to and wont are two totally different things.
They will enforce it with the same zeal that they do other unpopular laws.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure they don't...

Don't want to and wont are two totally different things.
They will enforce it with the same zeal that they do other unpopular laws.

Yeah, that's one reason they established the Einsatzgruppen.  
Shooting all those civilians was causing morale problems in the Wermacht rank and file.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 3:51:16 PM EDT
[#44]
County clerks, district attorneys, county sheriffs and local law enforcement do not want to enforce the S.A.F.E. Act which is now the governor’s law

Well then, don't.

"Sorry, we found no such firearms........"

If you took an oath to uphold the constitution, and someone tells you to piss on it, it doesn't exactly fit the " you guys just want us to pick and choose the laws we enforce" criteria, then, does it?

It's your moral dilemmna, not mine.

Choice: stand up to one petty would be dictator, or stand up to every otherwise Law Abiding American citizen who chooses not to comply.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 3:56:27 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Did I miss something?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

We register and wait for confiscation or we don't register, become felons and wait for confiscation.  

Did I miss something?

Shit.  I meant to reply to wobblin gobbin's post.  Sorry.  In CT. we have to register by Jan 1.

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 3:56:57 PM EDT
[#46]
there once was this big boating accident

and everyone lost their........................

very sad day i tell ya

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 3:58:47 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

View Quote
Isn't it easy for that POS scum bag liberal to order Men to go out and do such a thing?

Fuck cumo

Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:01:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
First shot heard round the world happened in the north east. I'm ok with seeing history repeated.
View Quote

Oddly enough it involved firearm & ammo confiscation too...
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:03:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Back in 1770's, folks would go to HIS house if they didn't like how he was governing.

Guess only the left does that today.

Probably why they're "winning".
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 4:05:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top