BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 6:37:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Actually you could put thousands of Asian kids, or Dutch kids, or Amish kids, or Jewish kids, or plain old whitebread kids, "in an area, unsupervised" and they'd be fine.
View Quote
I've been to too many scouting events to believe that.

It's all about instilled values and cultural proclivities toward law abiding.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 6:44:59 PM EDT
[#3]
No arrests. Wow, there's a shocker.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 6:45:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Get rid of the bus stop and the problem goes away.
View Quote
Lol
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 6:52:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You rarely see German Shepherds and middle aged fat men armed with pistols / AR15s at the mall. It's an everyday occurrence to see one of each at my house. I'm not saying we would get every one of them, but nobody wants to be the few we get.
View Quote
I did not know until now that I had a brother.

@recoiljunky

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 6:56:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Love the comments - ‘at least they just fightin’ - white kids would be shootin’ the place up’ says one cognitively underprivileged person of color.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:14:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Some of the comments are gold to those of us from the area...

Edit to add: And this gem...

Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:26:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Problem is this is dated from 2018. Apparently this is a frequent occurrence there
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:31:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:37:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:39:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Problem is this is dated from 2018. Apparently this is a frequent occurrence there
View Quote
Yes. Fights among packs of teens at the CT Post Mall in Milford are common. Usually have a couple per year. Seems these recent ones are social media fed.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:40:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
lol

It’s a completely foreign concept to that dude (and many others) that simply not being violent is even an option.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:41:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I wonder if they will vote democrat or republican?
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:43:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Milford:

Population 51K

82% White
7% Hispanic
5% Asian
3% Black

Farmington:

Population 25K

84% White
8% Asian
4% Hispanic
2% Black

NO ARRESTS?
View Quote
Milford sits between New Haven and Bridgeport. Farmington is near Hartford. Chances are high that the youths came from the larger cities not necessarily from Milford.

This isn't the first time youth fighting at the CT Post Mall has made the local news nor will it be the last so long as that mall is open. The mall sits right off of I-95 and is 10 to 15 minutes away from the two previously mentioned cities. Plus there are bus stops at that mall as well.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:47:46 PM EDT
[#15]
What did Chris Rock say.....something like there are 2 kinds of shopping malls, the ones white people go to, and the ones white people used to go to!
Pretty much sums it up. SAD, REAL SAD...actually.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:48:45 PM EDT
[#16]
national trend?
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:50:39 PM EDT
[#17]
They really don't need to show the fights on the news.  News stations are afraid showing the actual fights would cause unnecessary stereotyping.  I hate to break the news to them, but people already  think they have a 99.5% chance of guessing correctly which rich and vibrant culture was the cause for all the fights.  We don't really need a video to prove it.  However, the news stations would be welcome to show the fights to show that the stereotype is inaccurate....if they can.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:52:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
lol

It’s a completely foreign concept to that dude (and many others) that simply not being violent is even an option.
View Quote
Yep. People from the area will simply shrug their shoulders and say at least they were not shooting at each other.

That not being violent or not behaving in such a fashion doesn't even occur to some people these days.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:53:18 PM EDT
[#19]
It’s pretty clear that dropping enough JDAMs on every mall in America to put the roof line level with the parking lot would make America a better place. Malls have been, are, and always will be places for worthless people to congregate... 14 year old me would be dead, but I’ll take one for the team.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 7:56:44 PM EDT
[#20]
These stories always have a common theme.  Is it against the law to ban certain groups or certain size groups?  I used to frequent a pub that banned leather jackets and colors representing any motorcycle group.  How is that legal but you cant ban certain large groups?
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:00:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Animals, and need to be treated as such.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:08:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Robert A. Heinlein predicted the recent riots in "Starship Troopers," 1959.

Read the rest of the quote.
View Quote
I think about that passage often too. Lots of wisdom in that book.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:13:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Is it against the law to ban certain groups or certain size groups?
View Quote
It's a catch 22 for the malls. They could ban "unaccompanied minors" but then they would face the wrath of the local media and usual minority groups. On the flip side those kids are a primary group the malls are targeting in hopes of the kids spending money in the mall's stores. These malls are usually owned by large corporations who do not want negative press of these events or of banning kids from the premises.

Oh and by the way the CT Post Mall is a gun free/weapons free zone as there are signs similar to this one (I took a picture of at that mall many years ago) at the major entrances. And low and behold there are bans on such types of gatherings for fighting too.

Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:24:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Should have locked the doors and went in with dogs and clubs.
View Quote
"Now you's can't leave"
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:27:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Elizabeth Warren should have a plan to make mall shopping free.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:32:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Another video of the same mall fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xsyntb2GGI
View Quote
They're 2 different malls. Westfarms is in Hartford, CT and the Milford one is in Milford, CT. I hate to see this because they're both beautiful malls, especially West Farms.

It also frightens me because I visit them occasionally and you can't carry inside them. Never in my years have I seen anything like that take place inside. World's getting more dangerous.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 8:48:31 PM EDT
[#27]
We are reviewing our policy regarding juvenile patrons and will make any necessary modifications needed to provide a safe and comfortable shopping environment.”

What a bunch of bullshit.  They won’t make one modification that would actually help solve the problem.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:19:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
Just had a  conversation the other day with someone about how a local mall in the suburbs was almost
destroyed after they put a city bus stop at 1 of the entrances...
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 9:57:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

@recoiljunky

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/64530/9A31EE56-2BD4-43F2-BABE-A591DA9082EF_jpeg-1210740.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You rarely see German Shepherds and middle aged fat men armed with pistols / AR15s at the mall. It's an everyday occurrence to see one of each at my house. I'm not saying we would get every one of them, but nobody wants to be the few we get.

@recoiljunky

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/64530/9A31EE56-2BD4-43F2-BABE-A591DA9082EF_jpeg-1210740.JPG
@Surf

Hell yeah.

He'll chew on "teens" long enough for me to grab the AR.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:11:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
So the kids used social media accounts to send out wilding invites to meet up at that mall.

Parents no longer give a shit what they’re kids are doing, where they’re going, what time it is, who they’re hanging around with.
View Quote
well, a certain demographic of parents doesn't
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:14:30 PM EDT
[#31]
Who cares?
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 10:50:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote
This made me think of a cool story, bro.

When I lived in the city as a kid, we used to take the bus out to this amusement park in the suburbs. We didn't cause any trouble. We just rode the rides, played the ripoff carnival-type games, and ate the food.

Later, when I moved out to the suburbs, I learned that the people who got off the busses had long been referred to as "city scum". When a bus would pull up, and the locals would see it, they would remark "here comes the city scum". I didn't take that to heart, because I behaved while I was there. If anything, the locals acted worse than the city people, because they felt the park was their turf. It was amusing to see it from both sides.

This amusement park was open. You could walk in and play arcade games, or eat food, or just walk around and see the sights and not have to pay to get in to do that. You could buy tickets and ride a few rides, or you could buy an unlimited ride bracelet if you wanted to, but you didn't have to just to hang out there.

Sometime after I left, that changed. Apparently, people would come in off the busses and started causing problems. Just a symptom of society, I guess. Now, the park is completely fenced in, and you have to pay like 25 bucks to get in, but you get unlimited rides. It has pretty much eliminated the troublemakers, but it has removed the ability of the locals to just go and spend a few hours hanging out and playing a few games and eating funnel cakes or sugar waffles.

I don't think they would have had to close off the park if the busses stopped running there.
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 11:02:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
F*ck the MSM for pixelizing the images of the rioters.
View Quote
This is because HI-DEF is RACIST
Link Posted: 12/27/2019 11:43:39 PM EDT
[#34]
This has to be coordinated.  How many cities did this happen in today?  The count was “several” when I heard about the same thing at Hulen Mall in Fort Worth, where my DIL and grand daughter go shopping.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 4:34:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
This has to be coordinated.  How many cities did this happen in today?  The count was "several" when I heard about the same thing at Hulen Mall in Fort Worth, where my DIL and grand daughter go shopping.
View Quote
I thought the same thing. Why though? Was this an experiment or a warning?
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 4:45:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

just rename the place as an “employment center”.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 4:51:07 AM EDT
[#37]
1) install secondary sprinkler system and fill it with CS spray, coupled with an alarm.

2) install automatic security gates at all entrances.

3) modify the security grates at the individual stores to do a "Star Wars" speed drop

4) drill all the employees that, at the first sound of the alarm, they are to get into the closest store.

5) five seconds after the alarm goes off, all the gates slam shut, and the CS system triggers.

6) a pre-recorded announcement is made instructing the patrons to move towards a specific exit, said exit only being wide enough to accommodate one person at a time.

7) as they exit, they are taken into custody.

and yes, I am aware that the above plan probably violates fire codes, safety regs, etc, etc...

sure, some "innocent" bystanders would probably be caught up in the fun, but they could be cleared by reviewing security camera footage and compensated. By compensation, I am not referring to "let's give them millions for pain and suffering". I am referring to a clear, set amount that would be spelled out on the "Mall Rules" sign that most CHL carriers ignore anyway...something like enough in store gift cards to replace their clothes they were wearing that da, and mabe a free dinner at one of the restaurants.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 5:14:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 7:52:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote
I think it's more like a ritual.

Link Posted: 12/28/2019 7:59:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
These stories always have a common theme.  Is it against the law to ban certain groups or certain size groups?  I used to frequent a pub that banned leather jackets and colors representing any motorcycle group.  How is that legal but you cant ban certain large groups?
View Quote
There have been a few malls that banned unaccompanied minors.

Don't know how that policy would hold up if it started disproportionately affecting certain demographics, though.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:29:32 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This has to be coordinated.  How many cities did this happen in today?  The count was "several" when I heard about the same thing at Hulen Mall in Fort Worth, where my DIL and grand daughter go shopping.
Until now, I was thinking that the MSM was watching social media and putting resources at the targeted malls. Now it's occurred to me that someone at the MSM actually planted the tweets!
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:49:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

This made me think of a cool story, bro.

When I lived in the city as a kid, we used to take the bus out to this amusement park in the suburbs. We didn't cause any trouble. We just rode the rides, played the ripoff carnival-type games, and ate the food.

Later, when I moved out to the suburbs, I learned that the people who got off the busses had long been referred to as "city scum". When a bus would pull up, and the locals would see it, they would remark "here comes the city scum". I didn't take that to heart, because I behaved while I was there. If anything, the locals acted worse than the city people, because they felt the park was their turf. It was amusing to see it from both sides.

This amusement park was open. You could walk in and play arcade games, or eat food, or just walk around and see the sights and not have to pay to get in to do that. You could buy tickets and ride a few rides, or you could buy an unlimited ride bracelet if you wanted to, but you didn't have to just to hang out there.

Sometime after I left, that changed. Apparently, people would come in off the busses and started causing problems. Just a symptom of society, I guess. Now, the park is completely fenced in, and you have to pay like 25 bucks to get in, but you get unlimited rides. It has pretty much eliminated the troublemakers, but it has removed the ability of the locals to just go and spend a few hours hanging out and playing a few games and eating funnel cakes or sugar waffles.

I don't think they would have had to close off the park if the busses stopped running there.
View Quote
Same story here, they had to start charging admission to the arboretum to keep out the riff-raff.

It’s nice though not to have to worry about the gang turf wars at the arboretum, but it’s kind of a bummer because they charge you even when it’s close to closing time.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 12:54:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
This right here is why single stack 45s are not good carry guns.
View Quote
Maxpedition sitka gear slinger full of mags.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 1:29:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
This right here is why single stack 45s are not good carry guns.
View Quote
That right there is why I carry two 10-rd CMC mags in my mag carrier when I tote a .45acp 1911.

I use 9rd mags in my 10mm 1911 & carry two more. Once you drop the first dozen or so, the rest will become unenthusiastic, I bet.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 1:33:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If the youths can do this to a mall, imagine what they could do to your house if they chose to storm it.
View Quote
If they can climb over the bodies of their predecessors. I own a 10ga for this very reason. One shot should be able to dissuade 2-3 at a time, IMO.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 1:38:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
You need to go & read the 1964 Civil Rights Act. No where in there does it mention clothing or symbols. It does, however, mention people.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 1:39:14 PM EDT
[#47]
It's all Dick's fault. They started it with their anti gun philosophy.

Check the store behind the reporter.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 1:56:29 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I respectfully disagree. Is your house secured 24/7? If a storm of youths, let's say even just 30, just decided to come out of nowhere, you would not be prepared for them.
View Quote
30 youths...30 rounds in a magazine.  Coincidence?
Link Posted: 12/29/2019 11:30:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
If the youths can do this to a mall, imagine what they could do to your house if they chose to storm it.
View Quote
Are you really expecting your house to be stormed by a large group of yutes?
What are we thinking, they pull up out front in a tiny donk? Maybe the last one out is a midge?
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 5:13:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
What are we thinking, they pull up out front in a tiny donk? Maybe the last one out is a midge?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's not how it would happen...it would start by a few of them loitering around the neighborhood. Then a few more. They would watch, and wait, and observe. Once they choose their target, they would wait for you to leave for work, your kids to go to school. Unless they want some human sport along with material goods...then they would wait for your wife to return from shopping, or your kids to get home from school. It would start suddenly...one would ring the doorbell or knock on the front door as a distraction, while the rest are hopping your fence and heading to the back door, or the windows. If you (or your wife, or kids) are dumb enough to answer the knock, they would push their way inside. You might, IF you were home and IF you had a gun close to hand, get off a couple of rounds. Hell, you might even hit one or two. Yes, they may scatter in fear...but...what if they don't? What if you shoot to slide lock, and they are still advancing? So, no shit, there you are, in the living room with your wife, kids are upstairs in their rooms, gun safe is out in the garage, and you have no more rounds because who the hell needs more than a magazine or two at home?

Will the above ever actually happen? I dearly hope not...but it could.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top