BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:13:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think suck.a.bee achieved his/her objective, he/she started a controversial discussion and we all fell for it. I'm willing to bet suck.a.bee isn't even in law enforcement.
View Quote

You're half right. It seems that it's O.K to troll as long as you are knocking Cops. If you post something positive about a Cop some people get uncomfortable. I don't have to name names, they flock to this stuff like flies on sh*t. As for the "Badge Envy" phrase. Some people don't seem to like it. Why do you suppose I used it? I suppose they think I am generalizing and associating them with a group or attitude that they don't want to be associated with. That may be true. I suppose that it is as irrational as pointing out all the negative things that Cops do and painting them all with the same brush. If Cops were to point out all the negative things that non Cops do, we'd have to start a new forum if not a new board. Some people here are quick to point out the bad behavior of rogue Cops and post about how Cops are no different or any more special than anyone else. I agree that Cops are no better. But, those same people are the first to hold a Cop to higher standard of behavior. It defies logic. If Cops are no better, why is their bad behavior any more note worthy than anyone else's. If you have higher expectations of Cops, then it would seem that you think they are just a little bit better. I don't see many posts from this group about all the negative things non-cops do. So, are we better or worse? Are we special or the same or less? If you can get past you're emotional outbursts, I'd like honest discussion. Incidently, Cop or not, the guy who crawled through the smoke and fire and saved two kids is a hero. I'd like to shake his hand. I thought it would be nice to post something positive about a Cop to start this thread off.
View Quote

The only reason that you don't notice the threads where everyone else in the world gets ripped up is because you are not hypersensitive to threads about doctors, lawyers, teachers, accountants, gov't workers and other civilians.  There is more than enough criticism to go around, some of it is loosely based in truth, some of it is totally and completely off the wall, and some of it is dead nuts on the mark.

Many of the LEO threads contain the same stratification of information/opinions.  You only seem to overreact to the ones that bash cops.  That's fine but several times your hypersensitivity to the cop bashing leads you to lash out at everyone who doesn't see eye to eye with you.  I don't envy your job, not even for a second.  I live in an area where cops could do double duty as bullet magnets.  For less than $60K/year?  No thanks.  I would like to have the no parking/traffic tickets perks, but not enough to take a pay cut and risk dying.  Trouble presents itself I'll deal with it, I'm not going to be a "professional troublestopper" for less money than I make behind a computer.  Sorry, just don't want the hassle.

BTW, the initial signup to be a cop includes presenting a degree and signing up for the academy.  [wow] That was hard.  What is to envy about that?  Kind of like how I got my job, only with better pay and no real risk of dying.

Maybe you just want to stop being made fun of? That is reasonable too, try to not post asinine topics that put a target square in the middle of your forehead.  mmmkay???

Good.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 1:26:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Badger? We don't need no shteenking badger!

[img]http://ebay3.ipixmedia.com/abc/M28/_EBAY_1057bc2d711be7b64a0951ef2e7f4413/i-1.JPG[/img]

Wait, let me get back to you on this one...
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:02:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
if you want to disprove sukebe's point, do so.

he stated that we civvies have done nothing to contribute to society in a positive way.

he stated that we have never risked anything to help out another human.

you are not proving him wrong by calling him names. i challenge you to prove him wrong.

keep up the attacks and someone will come along and lock this.

View Quote

OK, How is this?

I am a [b] volunteer[/b] Firefighter/EMT.  I get woken up to the sound of the page to go out and do things like this (including helping the cops) frequently.  I get paid [b]nothing[/b] for this honor.

We get hurt more often than cops.
We save more lives (directly) than cops.
We don't ask anyone to kiss our asses, nor stroke us.
We don't have to throw weight around to feel like we matter.
We do our thing, go back to the station and spend a couple hours cleaning up, and quietly go back home.

How's that?

Larry

In response to anothers' comments;  I am a cub scout leader also.  [;)]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:05:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
are 'leo jokes' banned by the conduct code?
View Quote

No, they are allowed to post also.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:25:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
For less than $60K/year?  No thanks.
View Quote

Try less than $30K around here.  2 local depts start out at under $20K!  One of the local mayors thinks a city employee is a city employee - period - no difference between LEO and garbage pickup. I guess he forgot that his PD requires a minimum of associates degree (bachelors prefered) - then they actually have to go through months of training - and have at least a slightly more complicated job than driving a truck and dumping trash.  The garbage pickup job doesn't even require HS diploma.  Go figure (maybe he has badge envy, too - I'm kidding).
CR
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:28:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
are 'leo jokes' banned by the conduct code?
View Quote

No, they are allowed to post also.
View Quote

Now that is some funny s**t. A little subtle for this board, but funny.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:30:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
For less than $60K/year?  No thanks.
View Quote

Try less than $30K around here.  2 local depts start out at under $20K!  One of the local mayors thinks a city employee is a city employee - period - no difference between LEO and garbage pickup. I guess he forgot that his PD requires a minimum of associates degree (bachelors prefered) - then they actually have to go through months of training - and have at least a slightly more complicated job than driving a truck and dumping trash.  The garbage pickup job doesn't even require HS diploma.  Go figure (maybe he has badge envy, too - I'm kidding).
CR
View Quote

My point EXACTLY! I believe that the greenest of green LEO's here in Fairfax County VA start under $30K...Capitol Police in DC start at $28K IIRC, etc,etc,etc......

Sorry, ain't worth it.  Most of the recruits paid $30K to get a Criminal Justice BA....I don't think they recruit non-degreed folks anymore in Fairfax County....

Let me repeat -- I do not want to be a bullet magnet for less than $30K.  Not envious, not even the tiniest little tiny bit.

Not even an ounce.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 2:56:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Some people who post on this board have badge envy because they are jealous. They have never done anything that has contributed to our society in a positive way. They have never risked anything to help another human being. They have small meaningless little lives. They have never grown out of their adolescent resentment of authority. They are they same people who hated their teachers and parents. They were probably sent to bed without their supper one too many times.

Read the top story [url]www.cantonrep.com[/url] This could never be them. Cry yourselves to sleep boys. Another Cop proves his worth. It's all in a days work.

Beekeeper, feel free to move this to the BOTS forum if you want to. I know how sensitive you are to some fella's ouchy feelings.
View Quote

Don't know if you are a cop or not and I don't care.  What Cops have to realize is that they are mearly garbage men with guns.  The are citizens who happen to be public servernts no more no less.  There job is to protect(questionable now) and serve the public.  Just because a cop does a human thing doesn't make the entire police force great and above anyone else.  Anyone could have done it.  What about an off duty fireman, or the garbage man, or the post man.  Any human being is capable of such action.  And what about the volenteer fireman who are willing to do this all the time for no pay at all.  Or someone like myself who happens to be a public servant who has taken been trianed in first aid CPR and the use of an automatic defibrelator.  I am willing to help if I ever come across a situation for witch I have been trained or were someones life was at a serious risk as in this case.  What makes me or anyone else that would help less valuable then that cop.  Or for that matter my father who went into a burning building as a volenteer fireman with only one other person at the seen to help him if he got in trouble.

You my friend are nothing but a fucking holy then though asshole.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 3:43:49 PM EDT
[#9]
he's just one of those people who thinks he's god because he wears a badge. he's the JBT-type. fuckin jerk. [pissed] I have a few friends who are cops and I don't resent them in the least. Except one, but that's because he's OBNOXIOUS and CRUDE not because he's a cop. Cops get the respect they deserve. If they're jerks like you then they'll be treated like that. If they're nice then they'll be treated nicely. So take your little piece of metal from your chest that you think makes you super-human and SHOVE IT! [50]

oh yeah almost forgot. IBTL! ;]

P.S. oh yeah there is one exception though, cops who abuse peoples' rights because the city tells them to and use the excuse "I'm just doing my job" are a bunch of fuckin' cowards. They tend to forget they have a CONSTITUTIONAL obligation NOT to enforce any law that is abusive to civil rights. etc. including the right to keep and bear arms.(ANY arms) if memory serves me correctly, there was a clause in the constitution that says any law passed that violates the constitution is automatically null and void. It's there in that oath they took before they put on the uniform. "I, blah blah, swear to uphold the constitution, blah blah blah..."
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:04:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:24:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I wonder what Ice-T might have to say about all this.

Hmmmmm, maybe this:

[url]http://www.lyricsfind.com/lyrics/6429/91752.php[/url]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 5:36:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Why do you equate what has been said thus far in this thread with a call to kill officers?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:00:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Hmmmm. Badge envy. Is that like Homer Simpson dreaming of donuts?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:04:01 PM EDT
[#14]
No, it's like a kid saying "You only pick on me 'cause you wish you were cool as I am".
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:19:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What's that gun Al Pacino had in "Heat?"  
View Quote

I don't know, but it sure would be the schiznit if it came in [size=5][b]MARPAT!!![/b][/size=5]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:30:40 PM EDT
[#16]
[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/141064/Cop.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:32:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's that gun Al Pacino had in "Heat?"  
View Quote

I don't know, but it sure would be the schiznit if it came in [size=5][b]MARPAT!!![/b][/size=5]
View Quote

But then the Marines would have kicked his ass for comitting sacrilege against the EG&A, and the movie wouldn't have been nearly as much fun.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:42:35 PM EDT
[#18]
I wonder if 4 years in the US military counts as something that has 'contributed to our society in a positive way'?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Some people who post on this board have badge envy because they are jealous. They have never done anything that has contributed to our society in a positive way. They have never risked anything to help another human being. They have small meaningless little lives. They have never grown out of their adolescent resentment of authority. They are they same people who hated their teachers and parents. They were probably sent to bed without their supper one too many times.

Read the top story [url]www.cantonrep.com[/url] This could never be them. Cry yourselves to sleep boys. Another Cop proves his worth. It's all in a days work.

Beekeeper, feel free to move this to the BOTS forum if you want to. I know how sensitive you are to some fella's ouchy feelings.
View Quote

This post gets......

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=13273[/img]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 6:52:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What's really funny.....there was a "no cop bashing" rule on the board not so long ago.  If the "good men" of society were so good why are they a "protected class" on an internet board?
View Quote

Give me a break troll boy:

That rule lasted maybe a whole day.
I don't know who put it in, but it was cops leading the way to have it removed, which it was; swiftly.

Learn to tell a complete story, or don't bother.

Jay
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:01:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Any cop that thinks somebody envies them for the Badge and all the perks that come with it are actually the same person they are talking about and just had the opportunity and misfortune for all of us to get hired into that CIVILIAN position.

I have no higher expectations of police officers than anyone else.  Do your job!  No more, no less.  I have no envy of cops, doctors, lawyers, etc.  Cops have a thankless job.  Some abuse their position.  There are a few that spoil the who public personna.  Then they accuse the ones who call them on it as being envious.  You're a cop, BFD!  

Go lie about a car load of teenagers crossing the yellow line so you can pull them over to see if they have any beer in the car!   Then jerk them around for a few minutes treating them like shit.  I know cops like you and I have more respect for a garden slug.

Oh, IBTL

Dude your head must be hard to carry around all day!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:02:11 PM EDT
[#22]
I don't know if this qualifies as "envy," but whenever I see a badge I wanna take my clothes off and rub it all over my naked body. [whacko]

Wait. That would mean if I had "penis envy," I'd wanna...[shock]

Sh*t...how do I delete this post before I embarrass myself any further? [BD]

cynic
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:02:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
This thread is absolute proof that not all trolls have low postcounts.
View Quote

Post of the day.

Jay
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:04:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's really funny.....there was a "no cop bashing" rule on the board not so long ago.  If the "good men" of society were so good why are they a "protected class" on an internet board?
View Quote

Give me a break troll boy:

That rule lasted maybe a whole day.
I don't know who put it in, [red]but it was cops leading the way to have it removed[/red], which it was; swiftly.[blue]Yes, you guys are just helping out communities EVERYWHERE.  Thanks for the help on that one.[/blue]

Learn to tell a complete story, or don't bother.

Jay
View Quote

Crawl back under your rock, piggy.

#1)Factual statement -- there was a rule on here to protect the cops.
#2) Factual Statement -- the rule is no longer there.
#3) Speculation -- it was removed so the cops didn't look like pussies.
#4) Factual statement -- Cops cried the loudest when people take them to task, usually to mods/staff -- so they don't look like pussies.

There is the whole story.  Deal with it.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:06:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I don't understand what being a cop had to do with this guys actions.  There are members of my department that would have stood outside on just called the FD. Any citizen could have done this and many would have.  Before I became a cop I witnessed an accident on a highway.  I ran across busy lanes of traffic to get to the injured without even thinking about it.  I wasn't a cop yet but I am just the type of person that wants to help people in need.  There are many non police that are the same.
View Quote

You sound kinda like the LEO I took one up alongside the head for during a brawl years ago. If you are in person anything like this post, I'd probably be watching your back for you. Too bad there aren't more like you.

(And yes, I'm still gonna tell doughnut jokes.)
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:21:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
You civilians are pathetic. Always trying to be wannabe law enforcement by buying the latest tactical gear. Always wanting to own the latest law enforcement ammunition. Always wanting to carry your guns with you where ever you go so you can pretend to be law enforcement. If you want to be cops so bad, then go to the academy, otherwise shut your traps and give law enforcement the respect they are owed.
View Quote

For some reason, this post doesn't make me feel very good.
I'm sure I'll figure out why in a little bit.

Jay
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:27:59 PM EDT
[#27]
[>Q][>Q][>Q][>Q][>Q][>Q][>Q]
[>Q][>Q][>Q][>Q][>Q][>Q][>Q]
[>Q][>Q][>Q[>Q][>Q][>Q][>Q]
[>Q][>Q][>Q]][>Q][>Q][>Q][>Q]

!*#%! this thread!

Balming
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:33:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:35:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Fact: [red]I am a troll:[/red]
Deal with it.
View Quote

Jay

Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:37:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:42:50 PM EDT
[#31]
::::Grabbing a bag of popcorn and enjoying the floor show:::::

[:D]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:44:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fact: [red]I am a troll:[/red]
Deal with it.
View Quote

Jay

View Quote

How witty?  Gee, I wish I had thought of editing someone's post back about 5 pages.[rolleyes] I guess imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

[red]Edited out at the behest of tbk1--hmm, guess the "protected class" exists not in writing but in execution...[/red]

The fact that you would condone/support an LEO calling undue and negative attention on your profession shows how much of an idiot you must really be.

Glad to see you made it home safe from your shift, did you fuck anybody over/stomp on any civil rights today or just hit the Dunkin' Donuts and 7-Eleven?

So I asked your friend this question, I guess his lack of braincells precluded him from answering, so I'll ask you:

Do you just pet your badge? Or do you pet your duty belt too?

Also, is it hard to type when the keys get sticky from donut glaze?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:48:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 7:56:40 PM EDT
[#34]
WOW this is worse than 30 lashes...

I have met some great LEO and have  encountered some sub-standard LEO.  
I think the bad ones just make a longer lasting impression.

I do however remember a time in my (younger) life that I thought "To protect and serve" would have been a great career.  Unfortunately, this ended when some LEO with a chip on his shoulder took me to jail for get this "having a defective windshield wiper WATER shooter". It's a given that I was released, but not until I saw up close how bad(as in sub-standard, not bad like they could kick some butt!!!)alot of these guys were/are.
I do hate the ones who EXPECT a discount on everything they buy.  My company has some LE customers and I always get calls about do I/am I suppose to give a police dicount on services/products.  My rule usually is if they don't ask for a discount or seem cool(which really just means NORMAL)give them as big of a discount as you want.
Anyways no offense meant to any of the good guys on this forum. It is a hard job.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:00:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
--
Get your fucking head out of your ass, piggy.
View Quote
LEO's will NOT be called "pig" or similar on this board.  [:(!]
View Quote

Can We Post Pictures Of Our Favorite LEO`s?

[img]http://www.newbritainyouthmuseum.org/images/hu_pictures/animals/pig.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:08:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Wohooo, this is getting good. RipMeyer showed up and posted another witty response.

[Popcorn ready]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:17:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:17:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Shivan, AZCOP is one of the good ones, not a "piggy" and certainly not a troll.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:19:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I can't believe I read all six pages of this pathetic drivel.

Looking on the good side I can at least stay away from some of you at Gunstock.
View Quote

SGB SIR !!! YOU'RE COMING TO GUNSTOCK ?!?!?!
Now I may just stay for the whole weekend !!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:23:09 PM EDT
[#40]
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top