Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:19:55 AM EDT
[#1]
I really feel sorry for the poor subjects in suckbes area of control. After reading his rantings, imagine him dealing with people in real life.

ATTENTION SUBJECTS OF SUCKBE !!!! You are hereby warned to carry donuts at all times to make a proper offering to officer suckbe and remeber, he's so much better than the rest of you serfs, so pay the man some respect.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:32:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Sonds like sukawhat..........has been listening to Dr Joyce Brothers.....................phyco babble crap
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:40:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I guess I touched a few nerves.
View Quote

You may, or may not have noticed, (have you made detective?), but this thread is not about "nerves".

You are being roasted for this;

They have never done anything that has contributed to our society in a positive way. They have never risked anything to help another human being. They have small meaningless little lives. They have never grown out of their adolescent resentment of authority. They are they same people who hated their teachers and parents. They were probably sent to bed without their supper one too many times.
View Quote

I guess a few of us TAXPAYERS, have a problem with your atitude.

Beekeeper, feel free to move this to the BOTS forum if you want to. I know how sensitive you are to some fella's ouchy feelings.
View Quote

Then you challenge the Beekeeper, and everyone else with another troll. Two trolls in 1 post!!!
Speaking of "Feelings", is that why you posted?? Forgot to THINK!!!???

GOOD cop!!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:40:24 AM EDT
[#4]
LMAO "Badge Envy" LOL. I think YOU have small penis/must treat everyone like a prick syndrome. I think the majority of ARCOM is pro-cop but anti-A$$hole. I know I am. Your incessant rantings about how superior you are because you wear a badge is pathetic. You sir have issues as a person no matter what unifor, badge, or patch is on your chest. COme off that high horse and spend some time with the rest of us. We're not that bad afterall.

EDIT: NOBODY CALL HIS BOSS! That's going too far! (seriously) [:D]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:44:23 AM EDT
[#5]
EXACTLY!!

I have friends who are cops.  I have friends who are doctors, too.  The one thing that both groups have in common is that NEITHER of them contain anyone with the "I'm God" complex that many cops and doctors seem to be afflicted with.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:47:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Some people who post on this board have badge envy because they are jealous.

View Quote

You go wrong in the first sentence.  Name names or send them a private message.  Otherwise you invite the same sort of generalized criticism of LEO's and we all know there is no shortage of that.

My major criticism of LEO's is that they confront the dregs of society TOO MUCH and often lack perspective.  My wife taught Special Ed. kids (those who performed below their IQ significantly) and I know for a fact that some of her fellow teachers considered her inferior, unable to teach the "gifted".  Total BS but illustrates my point.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:47:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
EXACTLY!!

I have friends who are cops.  I have friends who are doctors, too.  The one thing that both groups have in common is that NEITHER of them contain anyone with the "I'm God" complex that many cops and doctors seem to be afflicted with.
View Quote

Ain't that the truth! I hada Doc argue with me once over my knee hurting! [>:/] Uh it's *my* knee numbnuts I think I know where and how it hurts. Most cops (and doctors) seem to be cool, but the butt heads of the group spoil it for the rest.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:48:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
MAO "Badge Envy" LOL. I think YOU have small penis/must treat everyone like a prick syndrome. [red]I think the majority of ARCOM is pro-cop but anti-A$$hole. I know I am. Your incessant rantings about how superior you are because you wear a badge is pathetic. You sir have issues as a person no matter what unifor, badge, or patch is on your chest.[/red] COme off that high horse and spend some time with the rest of us. We're not that bad afterall.
View Quote

I would extend the above statement to a couple of others here, but, it also seems to me, that the vast majority of cops here, are ok joe's, with a few of them exceptionally so....just like any other segment of the population.

You know, I can't recall this shit, (like the original post), happening so much before 9/11.

Did it???
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:51:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Good read. However, I do not think his action in this matter was because he was an officer. It was due to the fact he is a good person to begin with. If that makes him a better officer, then the community should be thankful they have him.
View Quote

I agree. The hero could have been anyone, but happened to be a LEO. Remember, there are always stories in the news about both LEOS and non-LEOs doing things to make this a better place to live in.

The community SHOULD be damned grateful to have a decent person like this on the force.

OTOH, had the hero been a 12 YO Boy Scout, he'd be considered a community asset.

This badge envy BS is just that:BS. Frankly, I DON'T want a badge. And YES, I rank LEOs as individuals based on their own merits.

On an earlier post, I mentioned saving a LEOs ass in a brawl, and later, to another LEO, I let him get eaten alive. Why? The first LEO was a decent human being that just happened to make his living as a policeman. The second idiot was a badge heavy little JBT wannabee that acted like he was being paid by the number of arrests he made.

Years ago, I can remember sneaking  a drink into the hospital when I visited a cop that got shot.
This LEO was a kind, decent, and compassionate officer that had EARNED my respect.

Being a LEO isn't much fun, I'm sure. IMHO, a LEO needs 3 things:1. Common sense. 2. Compassion, and 3. A sense of humor.

The guy that can solve mysteries better than Charlie Chan ain't gonna be a decent street cop without these 3.

Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:52:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
[url]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/141064/bluealert.gif[/url] free donuts ahead./////// Some  cop posted a good reply then showed he was yellow and deleted it because of peer pressure I think. Shows what a lot are like, stick together no matter how wrong one is.
View Quote

Cyanide, if you're talking about my deleted post noting that some people are in the business to prop up thier little egos and that Sukebe appears to fall into that catagory, it wasn't cowardice that caused me to delete it, it was conservation of energy. Do you think we're going to cause him to gain any insight? Arguing about crap like this is a waste of time and energy. The story Sukube posted the link to is simply proof that there are true heros in law enforcement, just like there are in any large group. The way he started off this thread is simply proof that there are little punks in law enforcement, just like in any large group.

If I combine my time as a LEO and my time as a firefighter / paramedic, I've been in the public safety flashy lights whoo whoo siren business for about 19 years now. In my observations, the punks with hero complexes are mostly weeded out within the first few years, but some stay forever. We have our losers, just like every one else. Anyone who wants to walk around saying things like "I'm important because I save lives, and every one else envies me because they never do anything important" is revealing a pathological need for extrinsic ego support. In other words, they're a punk. We're not going to change it in a thread like this, and it's a waste of metaphorical breath to try.
My decision to delete my earlier post wasn't cowardice, it was similar to deciding to ignore the drunk asshole at the family gathering, or not make fun of the kid wearing the hockey helmet.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:56:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
...or not make fun of the kid [red]drooling[/red] and wearing the hockey helmet.  
View Quote

I thought we WERE making fun of Sukebe?

[>:/]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 9:58:09 AM EDT
[#12]
if you want to disprove sukebe's point, do so.

he stated that we civvies have done nothing to contribute to society in a positive way.

he stated that we have never risked anything to help out another human.

you are not proving him wrong by calling him names. i challenge you to prove him wrong.

keep up the attacks and someone will come along and lock this.

Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:01:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
[url]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/141064/bluealert.gif[/url] free donuts ahead./////// Some  cop posted a good reply then showed he was yellow and deleted it because of peer pressure I think. Shows what a lot are like, stick together no matter how wrong one is.
View Quote

Cyanide, if you're talking about my deleted post noting that some people are in the business to prop up thier little egos and that Sukebe appears to fall into that catagory, it wasn't cowardice that caused me to delete it, it was conservation of energy. Do you think we're going to cause him to gain any insight? Arguing about crap like this is a waste of time and energy. The story Sukube posted the link to is simply proof that there are true heros in law enforcement, just like there are in any large group. The way he started off this thread is simply proof that there are little punks in law enforcement, just like in any large group.

If I combine my time as a LEO and my time as a firefighter / paramedic, I've been in the public safety flashy lights whoo whoo siren business for about 19 years now. In my observations, the punks with hero complexes are mostly weeded out within the first few years, but some stay forever. We have our losers, just like every one else. Anyone who wants to walk around saying things like "I'm important because I save lives, and every one else envies me because they never do anything important" is revealing a pathological need for extrinsic ego support. In other words, they're a punk. We're not going to change it in a thread like this, and it's a waste of metaphorical breath to try.
My decision to delete my earlier post wasn't cowardice, it was similar to deciding to ignore the drunk asshole at the family gathering, or not make fun of the kid wearing the hockey helmet.  
View Quote
Got you tommytrauma, thanks for the clarification, I stand corrected.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:05:45 AM EDT
[#14]
Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Maybe I should post a Top 10 list of why Cops have Penis envy.

I could put it in the LEO section.[:D]

And BTW, I noticed in these threads that the LEOs often get very abbusive.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:08:37 AM EDT
[#15]
in that case........IBTL!!!!!!!

however, its much more fun to make fun of him in this instance.....probably even needs it.  kinda like putting together a needle and a baloon, but for his huge ego instead.

i know im not worthy of posting since i dont have a badge, but i did do 3 years as a volunteer firefighter so...........can i be cool too, huh, can i? can ? can i? puleeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzze
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:13:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

he stated that we civvies have done nothing to contribute to society in a positive way.

you are not proving him wrong by calling him names. i challenge you to prove him wrong.

View Quote

But Bob, wouldn't that simply result to this thred degenerating to "I'm important because..." chest thumping?
Let's look at some "civvie" contributions; Was Thomas Edison a cop? How about Dr. Salk? Mother Theresa? TODD BEAMER?

My Wife is a day care provider. She obtained multiple certifications so she could provide care for special needs kids, everything from apnea monitors to kids awaiting organ transplants. She's chalked up two clear-cut saves so far. It's a shame that she'll never do anything really important because she doesn't have a badge.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:14:18 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Campy:

I think that is the point of all these counterpoints.  We, as regular citizens know that there are those among us who will sacrifice it all to help their fellow man...we don't need to go around patting ourselves on the back by saying, "Hey guys, look what one of us did."

When I hear about some guy saving his dog from a fire, or saving some neighbors kids, or beating back a pack of feral dogs, or whatever....I just say, "Thank god that guy was there to help."

Never does it cross my mind that that person could have been a neurosurgeon who helps countless people daily -- including cops and EMT's and firemen -- with brain injuries.  I never think that the guy who risked it all might have been a WWII vet who dragged 5 of his friends from a burning tank.  Or never think for a second that it could be a regular joe who did this out of the kindness of his heart and could care less if anyone says thank you or not.  He did it because it was right, not because he need a pat on the back.

I think that is the point....we don't need to prove that there are good people out there, we all know it to be true.  Whether they are wearing a uniform or not only makes it more special to those who share the uniform.  I see it for a great act of human sacrifice -- right up to the point that some asshole feels the need to DEMAND respect.

Ed
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:21:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

But Bob, wouldn't that simply result to this thred degenerating to "I'm important because..." chest thumping?
Let's look at some "civvie" contributions; Was Thomas Edison a cop? How about Dr. Salk? Mother Theresa? TODD BEAMER?

My Wife is a day care provider. She obtained multiple certifications so she could provide care for special needs kids, everything from apnea monitors to kids awaiting organ transplants. She's chalked up two clear-cut saves so far. It's a shame that she'll never do anything really important because she doesn't have a badge.
View Quote
tommytrauma, your wife is an example that there are many professions that contribute to society as much or more than the police profession, the cub scout leader who instills ethics to kids, the swim instructor who teaches kids how not to drown, the doctor at a free clinic the list is endless, police are as special as anyone who helps the community, not anymore not any less. I am sure this did not turn out the way Sukebe wanted it, as I am sure he probably is not a bad guy, he just posted a dumb thing. I have posted dumb stuff also, not a biggie.  [:)] [img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/141064/clown80.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:22:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I guess I touched a few nerves.
View Quote

Well, quit touching yourself then.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:23:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:27:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Damn, I wanted to stay out of this one, but find that I cannot.

To start, I do not hate good cops.
Good cops taught me to shoot when I was 11, and shot for the first time in the Englewood Police Children's Gun Club. Yeah, a long time ago, this would never happen now.

I was an EMT for years in a small town in CO in the 70's. I have worked with LEOs in many capacities. Some were good, some were corrupt psychotic assholes.

I have also been pulled over, 7 months pregnant, and held at shotgun point for speeding 4 miles over at night on I-70 in 1974 in CO. No other offense, simply speeding.
Just so some cock-swinging asshole pig could feel better about himself that night.

You cops had better realize that defending the shitheads amongst you does no credit to the good cops.

You chose your job, yeah, it sucks, but it beats scrubbing potties or digging ditches, now doesn't it? You are there to PROTECT AND SERVE, not harrass and humiliate.

Some of you actually are good at your job, others have had an inferiority complex since highschool and feel the need to fuck with folks for a living.

Clean up your own backyards before you whine to the civilians about us despising some of you.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:44:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Can I say something here?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:46:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
[b]You think so[/b]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:49:12 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

As long as you put your pants on first.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:50:45 AM EDT
[#25]
[coffee] nnnnnnnneeeeeeeeeeeexxxxxxxttttttt !

[}:D]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 10:53:23 AM EDT
[#26]
[b]But Bob, wouldn't that simply result to this thred degenerating to "I'm important because..." chest thumping?[/b]

not at all. a fact is a fact...not bragging.

the officer in the canton repository article is a hero. that's a fact.

while i have done nothing that would get me labeled as a hero, i'm quite sure there are many of you out there in cyberland that have.

i'm not asking you turn into a braggart...just fight fire with fire and state the simple facts.

hannah didn't 'brag'. she just stated she was an emt. maybe she didn't crawl across a burning building, but she probably contributed something to society in her efforts as an emt. she probably risked something in doing so, also.

someone metioned jonas salk. although he was a little late to help me, god bless that man!

Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:00:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

no
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:02:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Thanks......again, Red Beard.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:06:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

If I combine my time as a LEO and my time as a firefighter / paramedic, I've been in the public safety flashy lights whoo whoo siren business for about 19 years now. [red]In my observations, the punks with hero complexes are mostly weeded out within the first few years, but some stay forever. We have our losers, just like every one else. Anyone who wants to walk around saying things like "I'm important because I save lives, and every one else envies me because they never do anything important" is revealing a pathological need for extrinsic ego support. In other words, they're a punk.[/red] We're not going to change it in a thread like this, and it's a waste of metaphorical breath to try.
View Quote

As someone who did the whoo-whoo siren thing for a while in my younger years, before moving into the E/R, I'd like to agree with Tommy's statements.
While LEO/Para-medic professions do attract their share of weirdos, the pros have already seen 'em all come and go.

A tip of the hat to anyone who does their job, and is satisfied with that!! [snoopy]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:10:31 AM EDT
[#30]
I am assuming this post will also get locked.

Or is there a reason that I am missing why this post is okay yet mine was not?

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:14:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Hmmm . . . I want to point out and give credit to the Membership here for directing their comments to [b]Sukebe[/b], and NOT extending this to LEO's in general.  Common sense has been shown, and I applaud you all for it.  I am glad my faith in you was not ill spent.  Also, the LEO's who have posted have provided insight and, in a couple of cases in particular, brutal honesty.  Kudos all around.  [:)]
View Quote

Ya Bee, it really hasen't been too bad so far....[:D]

Lesee...... the 3 martini lunch crowd should be showing up soon, so.......
[b]IBTL!!![/b]  [snoopy]!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:18:01 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Sgtar15
View Quote
[b] need you ask[/b]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:19:31 AM EDT
[#33]
I think suck.a.bee achieved his/her objective, he/she started a controversial discussion and we all fell for it. I'm willing to bet suck.a.bee is'nt even in law enforcement. This is a prime example of reverse psychology. Tommorrows discussion will be "suckers with assault rifles" by S.Brady
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:29:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I think suck.a.bee achieved his/her objective, he/she started a controversial discussion and we all fell for it. I'm willing to bet suck.a.bee is'nt even in law enforcement. This is a prime example of reverse psychology. Tommorrows discussion will be "suckers with assault rifles" by S.Brady
View Quote

Thanks for stopping by...[;D]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:34:51 AM EDT
[#35]
You civilians are pathetic. Always trying to be wannabe law enforcement by buying the latest tactical gear. Always wanting to own the latest law enforcement ammunition. Always wanting to carry your guns with you where ever you go so you can pretend to be law enforcement. If you want to be cops so bad, then go to the academy, otherwise shut your traps and give law enforcement the respect they are owed.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:35:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Sgtar15
View Quote

are 'leo jokes' banned by the conduct code?
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:41:18 AM EDT
[#37]

"Badge Envy" Now that's a good one[rolleyes]

Maybe I should start a "You may all envy me because..."  thread tomorrow [BD]

IBTL!
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:48:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I think suck.a.bee achieved his/her objective, he/she started a controversial discussion and we all fell for it. I'm willing to bet suck.a.bee isn't even in law enforcement.
View Quote

You're half right. It seems that it's O.K to troll as long as you are knocking Cops. If you post something positive about a Cop some people get uncomfortable. I don't have to name names, they flock to this stuff like flies on sh*t. As for the "Badge Envy" phrase. Some people don't seem to like it. Why do you suppose I used it? I suppose they think I am generalizing and associating them with a group or attitude that they don't want to be associated with. That may be true. I suppose that it is as irrational as pointing out all the negative things that Cops do and painting them all with the same brush. If Cops were to point out all the negative things that non Cops do, we'd have to start a new forum if not a new board. Some people here are quick to point out the bad behavior of rogue Cops and post about how Cops are no different or any more special than anyone else. I agree that Cops are no better. But, those same people are the first to hold a Cop to higher standard of behavior. It defies logic. If Cops are no better, why is their bad behavior any more note worthy than anyone else's. If you have higher expectations of Cops, then it would seem that you think they are just a little bit better. I don't see many posts from this group about all the negative things non-cops do. So, are we better or worse? Are we special or the same or less? If you can get past you're emotional outbursts, I'd like honest discussion. Incidently, Cop or not, the guy who crawled through the smoke and fire and saved two kids is a hero. I'd like to shake his hand. I thought it would be nice to post something positive about a Cop to start this thread off.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 11:56:41 AM EDT
[#39]
Some of Sukebe's friends in action:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=189671&page=1#bottom[/url]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:06:41 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think suck.a.bee achieved his/her objective, he/she started a controversial discussion and we all fell for it. I'm willing to bet suck.a.bee isn't even in law enforcement.
View Quote

You're half right. It seems that it's O.K to troll as long as you are knocking Cops. If you post something positive about a Cop some people get uncomfortable. I don't have to name names, they flock to this stuff like flies on sh*t. As for the "Badge Envy" phrase. Some people don't seem to like it. Why do you suppose I used it? I suppose they think I am generalizing and associating them with a group or attitude that they don't want to be associated with. That may be true. I suppose that it is as irrational as pointing out all the negative things that Cops do and painting them all with the same brush. If Cops were to point out all the negative things that non Cops do, we'd have to start a new forum if not a new board. Some people here are quick to point out the bad behavior of rogue Cops and post about how Cops are no different or any more special than anyone else. I agree that Cops are no better. But, those same people are the first to hold a Cop to higher standard of behavior. It defies logic. If Cops are no better, why is their bad behavior any more note worthy than anyone else's. If you have higher expectations of Cops, then it would seem that you think they are just a little bit better. I don't see many posts from this group about all the negative things non-cops do. So, are we better or worse? Are we special or the same or less? If you can get past you're emotional outbursts, I'd like honest discussion. Incidently, Cop or not, the guy who crawled through the smoke and fire and saved two kids is a hero. I'd like to shake his hand. I thought it would be nice to post something positive about a Cop to start this thread off.
View Quote

Sukebe, please tell me that you're joking. LEOs are held to a higher standard because they elect to assume greater responsibility in society. By placing themselves in the role that they do, they are telling society that they can be trusted to perform their jobs well, and to not abuse the greater powers that come with the job. LEOs get greater control over their fellow man, thus they are held to a higher standard. Abuse of a power of office is a much greater breach of trust than an infraction as a private citizen could be. Expecting special privilege because of one's office is an abuse of power.

Emergency responders are assuming the responsibility of responding to crisis situations. Therefore, they are expected to be able to remain calm and respond well to stressful situations. They assume the responsibility to respond to violent, provocitive situations. Therefore, they are expect to exhibit more control in such interactions. They are put in ares requiring more trust than Joe Citizen. Therefore, they must be as trustworthy as possible. It is part of the job, pure and simple.

Are you really a certified LEO? In what state? This really should have been explained clearly to you in the academy.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:09:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote
[b] I take it all back, you have gone nuts[/b] your on your own dude
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:12:27 PM EDT
[#42]
I'm not saying that Cops shouldn't be held to a higher standard. I know why they are. It just suprises me that people who have such low opinions of Cops believe that.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:14:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
You're half right. It seems that it's O.K to troll as long as you are knocking Cops. If you post something positive about a Cop some people get uncomfortable. I don't have to name names, they flock to this stuff like flies on sh*t. As for the "Badge Envy" phrase. Some people don't seem to like it. Why do you suppose I used it? I suppose they think I am generalizing and associating them with a group or attitude that they don't want to be associated with. That may be true. I suppose that it is as irrational as pointing out all the negative things that Cops do and painting them all with the same brush. If Cops were to point out all the negative things that non Cops do, we'd have to start a new forum if not a new board. Some people here are quick to point out the bad behavior of rogue Cops and post about how Cops are no different or any more special than anyone else. I agree that Cops are no better. But, those same people are the first to hold a Cop to higher standard of behavior. It defies logic. If Cops are no better, why is their bad behavior any more note worthy than anyone else's.  
View Quote

Wow - you actually thought you were being clever?

Try again.
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:17:46 PM EDT
[#44]
[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-6/141064/1.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:19:39 PM EDT
[#45]

Imbroglio:
You civilians are pathetic. Always trying to be wannabe law enforcement by buying the latest tactical gear. Always wanting to own the latest law enforcement ammunition. Always wanting to carry your guns with you where ever you go so you can pretend to be law enforcement. If you want to be cops so bad, then go to the academy, otherwise shut your traps and give law enforcement the respect they are owed.
View Quote

ahhhhh, what a shit-stirrer, i cant stand this guy.  imbroglio, why must you rub your nose in it EVERY time?  shit, i'll pitch in for your therapy if you promise to go...........
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:25:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I'm not saying that Cops shouldn't be held to a higher standard. I know why they are. It just suprises me that people who have such low opinions of Cops believe that.
View Quote

Yes, don't you subjects get it ???  you may only point out someones screw ups if you hold them in high regard. [rolleyes]

Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:28:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
You civilians are pathetic.
View Quote

But, ....we are responsible for our own safety, regardless of what it says on the side of the Police Cruiser.
Always trying to be wannabe law enforcement by buying the latest tactical gear.
View Quote

And there's a law against that?
Always wanting to own the latest law enforcement ammunition.
View Quote

I like the stuff that comes with the Death Cards....very cool.  
Always wanting to carry your guns with you where ever you go so you can pretend to be law enforcement.
View Quote

Happiness is a warm gun.
If you want to be cops so bad, then go to the academy, otherwise shut your traps and give law enforcement the respect they are owed.
View Quote

We don need no stinkin badges!

Oh...have a nice day.

Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:33:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You're half right. It seems that it's O.K to troll as long as you are knocking Cops. If you post something positive about a Cop some people get uncomfortable. I don't have to name names, they flock to this stuff like flies on sh*t.
View Quote

So those who posted here "flocked to this stuff like flies on sh*t"???

As for the "Badge Envy" phrase. Some people don't seem to like it. Why do you suppose I used it? I suppose they think I am generalizing and associating them with a group or attitude that they don't want to be associated with. That may be true.
View Quote

A statement such as that is a good prelude to a troll post...

I suppose that it is as irrational as pointing out all the negative things that Cops do and painting them all with the same brush.
View Quote

I can't recall the last post I saw that said "All Cops....". Could you refresh my memory, and cite a couple of threads? Thanks.

If Cops were to point out all the negative things that non Cops do, we'd have to start a new forum if not a new board.
View Quote

No doubt.... That's pretty much all you see. You are societys garbagemen. We just give ya a nice uniform, shiny badge, and trick toys, to convince you you're "special"... If we gave ya coveralls, and a sedan delivery truck, would ya still want the job!!???[;D]

Some people here are quick to point out the bad behavior of rogue Cops and post about how Cops are no different or any more special than anyone else. I agree that Cops are no better. But, those same people are the first to hold a Cop to higher standard of behavior. It defies logic. If Cops are no better, why is their bad behavior any more note worthy than anyone else's.
View Quote

Cops should be held to a higher standard, than the rest of us!! They literally have been given life and death power, not to mention powers of arrest over the rest of us. That is a VERY special responsibility, and MOST police have long and sucessful careers with no problems.

If you have higher expectations of Cops, then it would seem that you think they are just a little bit better.
View Quote

You are hung up on the word "better". Perhaps "different" would be a better choice, if you need some word to "make" us different.

I don't see many posts from this group about all the negative things non-cops do.
View Quote

Fortunatly, I chose a life-style that does not keep me in contact with the worst, and most painful that humanity has to offer.

So, are we better or worse?
View Quote

Is the guy who picks up my household garbage at the end of my driveway, "better or worse"?? No, he's just different. He made a different career choice. He's just a guy who chose a different job!!!

Are we special or the same or less? If you can get past you're emotional outbursts, I'd like honest discussion.
View Quote

Ok, let's see if we can do that. I don't know about you, but I find it difficult sometimes to express myself in writing. I'll try my best to communicate my thoughts. I DO hafta go mow the lawn sometime though.[:D]

Incidently, Cop or not, the guy who crawled through the smoke and fire and saved two kids is a hero.
View Quote

You'll get no arguement from me on that score....

I'd like to shake his hand. I thought it would be nice to post something positive about a Cop to start this thread off.
View Quote

I suppose just asking the question "Why are we different", on page 1 instead of page 4, would have been a rather simplistic approach....[:D]
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:41:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Imbroglio:
View Quote

ahhhhh, what a shit-stirrer, i cant stand this guy.  imbroglio, why must you rub your nose in it EVERY time?  shit, i'll pitch in for your therapy if you promise to go...........
View Quote

Imbro would convert him. He's our Thomas Paine in 2003....
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 12:49:11 PM EDT
[#50]
What's that gun Al Pacino had in "Heat?"  
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top