Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:17:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I’ve known several.  2 currently serving life sentences.  1 that’s served his time and is out but has recently been indicted for extortion and a few other things.

Also went to school with a shitbag junkie that murdered 4 innocent people on Father’s Day morning robbing a pharmacy in town.  I think he got 4 life sentences and his Wife/accomplice got 25.  I hope they’re both suffering if they’re alive.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:18:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:18:48 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got a friend with a similar story as OP tells.  Nice guy now.  Hard worker.  Would do anything for you.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:21:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I know a woman who let her husband starve to death in the living room after he had a stroke.

I also know a man who raped the child he was mentoring AND his nephew hundreds of times.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:21:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes. I knew the victim as well. Very sad.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:29:45 PM EDT
[#6]
I know a guy.......

He never got caught.

I didn't know the mother but did know the son that was killed in my hometown.

An elementary school classmate was murdered either by his sister a junior high kid, or his mom. Mom took the plea and got life. Everyone thought the sister did it though. Dad came home from work and mom was sawing off his legs to get the basement incinerator to close. These held two brown paper grocery sacks. It was about the size of a dorm refrigerator. The dad beat the brakes off the woman before the cops got there.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Two
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:34:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Yes. One of my best high school friends ended up joining that club.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:34:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Two that I know of

One was back in 1990 we were still in HS, he and another kid beat someone to death.        

The second one was a couple years ago. Guy that used to come into my home bar pretty often,  pretty big scary looking black dude who was nothing but nice to me every time I seen him apparently shot someone outside a nuisance bar across town.  There was some hearsay that his GF did it and he took the blame for it,  i can't say either way, but its believable.  

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:35:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes, one in Alaska and one here.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:38:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I knew this guy:

"Death-row inmate John Joseph LeVasseur, 24, who was convicted of murdering a Prince William County woman, was found hanging in a shower stall at the Mecklenburg Correctional Center yesterday, according to Warden Charles E. Thompson".
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:44:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I know more than I should.

My very best friend and neighbor growing up is a killer but not a murderer, we were 12 at the time.

He pressed the barrel of a 12ga to his father’s head while he was sleeping and blew his head off. This was 40 years ago, his father was the scariest meanest motherfucker I’ve ever known, even to this day. He would beat his wife and 3 kids mercilessly and was just a big mean psychopath. My friend had enough and did what he thought was right.

The day he killed his father my father was on duty, my friend called the police station and asked for my father and told him what he had just done. My dad drove to his house alone, in uniform, sat him down and basically told him to not say a single word to anyone until he tells him it’s OK. My dad kept him out of juvie, jail, and “the system”.

He did go to prison eventually but for drugs and being essentially a gangster. I lost contact with him for a long time until about 6 months ago when he reached out to me to let me know his life was finally together for the first time, clean and sober for a few years and doing great. He also told me he was sorry he never got to thank my dad for what he did. I called my dad after that and told him X was doing great and he wanted to thank him. That was probably the third to last conversation I had with my dad, he died about 6 weeks ago. I’m happy he knew.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:45:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:46:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Yes, wife has a friend she's distanced from who had an abortion.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:47:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:48:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes. Nephew by marriage. Killed his girlfriend’s parents with her help. From my understanding he pulled the trigger, or at least confessed to doing it maybe to “protect” girlfriend. No idea. I washed my hands of that one pretty quick once I heard original story when it happened. Anytime that side of family mentions his name I leave the room and want nothing to do with situation.

Known him since he is was 9-10 yr old kid til prison at 22.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:50:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Yep, kid I went to school with beat another kid to death over a girl.

We used to call him "Stupid Shane" even before this incident.

Link

Looks like he is eligible for parole in 3 years.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:52:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes...
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:52:12 PM EDT
[#19]
a murderer and mass murderer. worked with and trained.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:57:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Yep

He went to prom with my ex one year before we were together. Used to run into him all the time downtown Blacksburg. He was smart as hell but you could always tell something was a bit off about him.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 5:59:41 PM EDT
[#21]
My old roommates boyfriend at the time killed to people while driving like a dick. Served 8 months in a low security jail.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:02:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Six, arrested three of them myself.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:05:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Yes. More than one but a guy from my high school beat a black sailor to death with a baseball bat basically because the guy was black. Happened in Boston around 1981 or so. No real justification for what he did if I remember correctly, just being a grade A asshole like he was throughout his childhood.

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:07:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Prosecuted over 100 of them. Several send me Christmas cards from death row.
View Quote

Are they like ironic Christmas cards or is it more like “hey, you did your job and got me, here’s a begrudgingly respectful card”?
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:08:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Timmy Gibbs who I knew pretty much all my life. He was that one kid you just knew was going to prison at some point. The neighbor threatened to shoot his dog over some trash.  Not cool but not worthy of murder. Timmy was never too bright so he bought a 410 and a box of shells from THE ONLY pawn shop in a small town, kidnapped the neighbor and shot her in the back of the head. Left the empty hull by the body.
  They found the weapon and a box of shells in his closet with exactly one missing.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:08:54 PM EDT
[#26]
An ex-coworker kidnapped his daughter and baby-momma, and fled through a few states, with the police trying to find and follow him.  Along the way, they found the body of his baby-momma, then in another state, found the body of his daughter.

The entire time I knew the guy, he was quite messed up... like always so on the edge that NOBODY was comfortable being around him.  Didn't surprise me one bit that he'd do something like that.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:13:00 PM EDT
[#27]
One of the Manson girls went to my high school.... long before I ever went there.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:16:28 PM EDT
[#28]
"On the evening of July 14, 1980, Michael Robinson, a sailor assigned to the U.S.S. Edson, a ship under repair in the General Shipyard in East Boston, was beaten by a group of East Boston youths on Border Street in a brawl between some sailors and the youths. Robinson died eight days later from head injuries inflicted in that beating. The incident which precipitated the fray is a matter of dispute. Lenny T. Curtis, the brother of the defendant, Daniel Curtis, testified at the trial that on that evening he had been jostled and struck by one of the black sailors sitting outside the General Shipyard fence when he refused to give him a cigarette. A sailor who testified stated that Curtis walked by undisturbed by the sailors.

"Curtis testified that after this alleged attack he told his friend, Eddie Colon, to `[g]o get my two brothers.' Colon rode his bicycle toward the Central Square area of East Boston and saw the defendant, Mark Giglio, and two other

Page 622

friends, Michael Brulport and Joseph DeDominicis. Colon told them that `Lennie needs some help down there. Some sailors [are] bothering him.' The four youths proceeded back to the place where the sailors were sitting.

"The youths approached the sailors and began making abusive comments. [Footnote omitted.] Some white sailors, including Michael Robinson, joined the other sailors and told the youths to leave the sailors alone. At this point, a red Cadillac automobile driven by Louis Lepore arrived at the scene and stopped. Daniel Curtis was a passenger in this car. Giglio ran over to the car and told Curtis that his brother Lenny Curtis had been beaten `by those sailors over there.' According to Giglio's testimony, some of the youths then ran over to Lepore's car and began taking bats from the trunk.

"Sensing imminent trouble, the sailors began walking back to the shipyard. A gang of youths began chasing them. While fleeing, Michael Robinson either tripped and fell or was pushed to the ground. Two sailors, Seaman Tony Webb and Petty Officer Rickie Brandford, testified that they saw a number of the youths attack Robinson with baseball bats and a bottle. During the attack, Seaman Webb concentrated on one assailant. Webb later identified Daniel Curtis as this assailant from a police photo identification book, and subsequently repeated this identification at a District Court hearing, and at the trial. Eddie Colon, who had originally summoned the other youths, testified that he saw Mark Giglio strike Robinson with a bottle while Robinson was on the ground." Commonwealth v. Curtis, supra at 639-640.

Lenny Curtis testified that, when his brother, the defendant Daniel Curtis, went toward Robinson, Robinson "had a bottle in his hand raised up, and my brother went towards him, and Mr. Robinson was ready to hit my brother." Robinson swung the bottle at Curtis, who ducked. "[M]y brother came up with a punch" and backed off. The defendant Giglio testified that the group he was with advanced toward the sailors before Giglio punched Robinson in the face and ran away. He said he only hit Robinson with a fist.

Page 623

"After attacking Robinson, the youths retreated and Webb and Brandford returned to help Robinson. The sailors found Robinson unconscious and bleeding from his head. . . . [T]he chief resident of neurosurgery [at Massachusetts General Hospital] . . . testified that the victim had sustained severe head injuries resulting in a minimum of ten fractures which were caused by at least five `very considerable' blows. The object that caused the injuries, the doctor stated, `was a blunt instrument wielded with an awful lot of force . . . many times.' These injuries, he stated, were consistent with those that could be inflicted with a baseball bat or a full bottle." Commonwealth v. Curtis, supra at 640.

Tldr a guy I went to school with beat a guy to death for being disrespected.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:18:51 PM EDT
[#29]
I have two family members that are convicted murderers. Neither are blood relatives of mine.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:25:15 PM EDT
[#30]
I knew two. One is a very old man living his last days in a nursing home in Alabama. The other split to Bolivia in the 80s. As far as I know he's still there or he's dead.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:27:01 PM EDT
[#31]
used to.
dead now.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:28:58 PM EDT
[#32]
I married one briefly and briefly dated another.

I don’t think they ever heal from what they know they did.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:31:34 PM EDT
[#33]
I can think of two.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:31:50 PM EDT
[#34]
"Know"? Not really, but one of the guys I use to walk to the school bus stop with and pal around with ended up getting hooked on something. Him and his girlfriend ran up and down the east coast do criminal shit. They killed a few people in the process. He was a couple of years older and want to say he would have been a senior in HS at the time if he didn't drop out.

ETA: Actually think he might have been a bit older, maybe 20 years old or so.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:31:59 PM EDT
[#35]
The alcoholic father of a former friend of mine shotgunned a couple of other drunks to death and tried to claim self-defense.  

I'm told he turned down a plea bargain of manslaughter w/ 5years and ended up with a life sentence.  

https://www.courtlistener.com/opinion/886072/state-v-hagen/
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:33:55 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:37:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Former student of mine.  Seemed nice enough when he was in high school, never gave me a problem in class.  I think he's up for a parole hearing in like 2057 or something like that.
https://kdvr.com/news/man-pleads-guilty-in-murder-of-weld-county-woman-who-disrespected-his-gang/
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:38:42 PM EDT
[#38]
I knew one.  The only decent thing he ever did was accept the death penalty he was given when he was adjudicated.

The state executed him about a decade ago.

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:41:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I knew Gary Plauché. Not sure if I would call him a murderer, but some people might. I'm personally ok with his actions.

RIP Gary.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Plauch%C3%A9
View Quote

I don't know him, but judging from his actions, he walks the walk and talks the talk. He did what everyone on here THINKS they would do if it had been their son.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:44:15 PM EDT
[#40]
I've known 2, and a good friend of my wife has a son on death row (got into gang BS), but I wouldn't say I know him.

#1 My mother was friends with a lady who lived a couple of blocks from us. Mom wanted me to hang out with the woman's son because he didn't have any friends. Pre-high school this kid got busted for stealing a car to drive to a K-Mart to go on a shoplifting spree. He was telling me how to beat a lie detector (coke a cola and lots of aspirin was his magic formula)., and that he aspired to be a super criminal.  I told my mom that he was nuts and refused to be seen around him. A few years later, as he was building his drug empire, he and 2 other folks murdered some poor girl. As far as I know, he's still in prison.

#2 A computer guy at work seemed pretty normal. Helped me set up some new work stations and a big RAID.  Apparently he was also abusive to his wife. About 3 years ago he went into a rage and shot her. He's not getting out of jail any time soon.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:46:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Yup, his name was Charles Cambell.
Rotting in Hell I hope.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:46:43 PM EDT
[#42]
I guess I would need a working definition of murderer.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:47:04 PM EDT
[#43]
I worked at a prison
So yes , many of them
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:51:04 PM EDT
[#44]
Depends how you define murder I suppose.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:59:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Do not know the whole story prob never will...

Guy That I knew at work went to jail because they found his GF or Wife  (a druggie)  hanging in a closet - he claimed it was suicide - State said it was murder...

Red

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:03:33 PM EDT
[#46]
A guy I worked with did a murder/suicide on his girlfriend.

He was always a little off when it came to women and relationships, sadly I wasn’t that surprised when I found out about what he did.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Yes, I know one.  Me, I am one!

1 Corinthians 15:3-4
King James Version
3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:32:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Dude my wife dated in HS murdered and raped two people 25 years later.

Dude I met 10 or so years ago murdered his beautiful estranged wife, cut her up and buried her in plastic drums in FL like Breaking Bad.

She was a knock you down pretty red head. We met at my wife’s Sunday school class and hung together socially through that circle.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:33:10 PM EDT
[#49]
As I reported in the other thread, yes 1.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 7:35:51 PM EDT
[#50]
I went to highschool with one and worked with him for three years after. He was fucking a guys girlfriend and she said if he killed her boyfriend they could he together. He borrowed a gun from a friend and the GF told her bf to meet him at an elementary school. The murdererererererer shot him in the head with a 375HH from 5 feet away lol. They are both doing hard time.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top