Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 6:08:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

"Does your dick hang lower than your balls?" Rip Big Rich!
View Quote

LOL...the one positive of being short is proportionately it looks good.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 6:08:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I've known lots of guys that have done PEDs of some sort, more than I know who have smoked weed regularly. Most of them are doing just fine.

I know two guys that have done a fuck ton of roids and got to competitive levels in the body building arena. Both went from the typical skinny hard gainer  to swole AF ~250# lean monsters.

I don't know about their physical health but both of them have gone off the rails mentality. Suicidal, depression, spouse abuse, etc. None of which was apparent before lots of juice, and doesn't seem to be the normal short lived road rage others experience.

I know correlation doesn't equal causation, but 2 for two is pretty strong numbers.

Anyone else seen that happen?
View Quote

Anabolics can amplify this behavior exponentially if it was already present. They do not magically make someone a raging suicidal woman beater though. I'm in a rare group where I am rather lazy and mostly in a DGAF mood when I cycled and I mostly slept and ate. Anyone confronted me or was a jerk wanting to fight, I was more likely to sigh and roll my eyes than engage with them. Only a few times I did go hands on with fellas while on cycle, but I was working doors at a club and was struck first. Another time, I wasn't working but were playing darts at a bar and some rando sucker punched a buddy of mine crushing his cheek bone and knocking him out cold. Rando, thought it was his old ladies ex. During those few events it became apparent that I was quite a bit stronger than the average dude in this particular situation and the realization that I could do serious damage scared me to be honest. When you realize it takes 3-4 good size guys to stop you from maiming someone, its eye opening. But never once in my life have I just become some raging assbag because I was on a cycle.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 6:09:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

LOL...the one positive of being short is proportionately it looks good.
View Quote

One positive of being on TRT or a cycle, beans shrink up making the meat look bigger
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 6:10:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

We have a few of these fellas at my gym. It's funny, but sad at the same time. I try to drill it in their heads, they cannot keep going home and pounding back the Doritos and ho ho's and expect to get a contract with Gym Shark. One kid though, he listened and took a list of grocery items and meal plans I had prewritten for myself home to his parents and been working with that, he's lost a solid 60lbs in a year, got the spot on the school football team he wanted and actually got a date this year for homecoming. He was frighteningly overweight for a 15 year old when he first came to me. Kid keeps it up, he will be a stud come senior year.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
While we are on the subject of arm measurements, I need to bitch. Bodyfat plays a big role in your measurements. When fit people describe their measurements, it’s assumed they’re generally measuring at some level of leanness. Somewhere between stage-beach ready levels of bodyfat. Or at least I am.

I say this because so many fat fucks hear so-and-so had 22” guns, or that you have 17” guns, or whatever. So they waddle their fat asses over to their lowes industrial tape measure, roll it around their fatcep, measure out 24”, and brag about how buff they are, they’re bigger than whoever, etc. It happens a lot and I hate it.

Ok I’m done.

We have a few of these fellas at my gym. It's funny, but sad at the same time. I try to drill it in their heads, they cannot keep going home and pounding back the Doritos and ho ho's and expect to get a contract with Gym Shark. One kid though, he listened and took a list of grocery items and meal plans I had prewritten for myself home to his parents and been working with that, he's lost a solid 60lbs in a year, got the spot on the school football team he wanted and actually got a date this year for homecoming. He was frighteningly overweight for a 15 year old when he first came to me. Kid keeps it up, he will be a stud come senior year.

That’s awesome. Teens can go all over the place. Some of the skinniest ones will blow out, some of the fattest ones will get ripped. Generally more of the former than the latter based on high school reunions, but anything can happen. I think sometimes getting fucked with about your body can scar you as a kid but that pain can really bring about change. Watching interviews with lots of those former Mr O’s and whatnot, I was amazed at how many of them got into bodybuilding because of a horrific breakup, being picked on in school, etc.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 6:16:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That’s awesome. Teens can go all over the place. Some of the skinniest ones will blow out, some of the fattest ones will get ripped. Generally more of the former than the latter based on high school reunions, but anything can happen. I think sometimes getting fucked with about your body can scar you as a kid but that pain can really bring about change. Watching interviews with lots of those former Mr O’s and whatnot, I was amazed at how many of them got into bodybuilding because of a horrific breakup, being picked on in school, etc.
View Quote

He is a big kid, but does or has gotten bullied off and on for being fat. He was around 6'3 340lbs+ when he came to our gym. He looks completely different at 280, we want to get him down to 260ish and see how he feels and performs. He wants to move over to be a line backer, but his size is limiting that at the moment and the coaches won't move him again. I got news for them, They will get a monster of a linebacker here in another year. He is shockingly fast for his size too, he can run down ball carriers if the field opens up. His short burst speeds are nasty and ever improving. I'm not big into football so I don't know what colleges look for size wise for linebackers, but that's his dream.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 6:32:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

99% of people get the eating and sleeping part. The problem is training, then again so is the old "eat big to get big" mentality. It's silly. It's been proven many times over that dirty bulks are more trouble than what they are worth and 9.5/10 times you gain the same amount of lean tissue on a dirty bulk as you do when simply increasing calories slightly and maingaining.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've got 2 out of the 3 down. That's good enough right?

99% of people get the eating and sleeping part. The problem is training, then again so is the old "eat big to get big" mentality. It's silly. It's been proven many times over that dirty bulks are more trouble than what they are worth and 9.5/10 times you gain the same amount of lean tissue on a dirty bulk as you do when simply increasing calories slightly and maingaining.

Totally agreed. I am not a bodybuilder, but when I started my fitness journey with the goal of getting lean and strong I went from 170# of chewed bubble gum to 190# at a dunk tank measured 10.5% without ever dirty bulking and no drugs. It took a long time, but I felt great. Slowly put on muscle and burned fat by eating clean and generally not stuffing myself.

At any rate, I was sorta just kidding, these days the lifting and sleeping is easy but my diet isn't in check quite like it used to be.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 6:36:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Totally agreed. I am not a bodybuilder, but when I started my fitness journey with the goal of getting lean and strong I went from 170# of chewed bubble gum to 190# at a dunk tank measured 10.5% without ever dirty bulking and no drugs. It took a long time, but I felt great. Slowly put on muscle and burned fat by eating clean and generally not stuffing myself.

At any rate, I was sorta just kidding, these days the lifting and sleeping is easy but my diet isn't in check quite like it used to be.
View Quote

I still have days, and maybe a week now and then of "I'm tired of this shit, gonna eat what I want, fuck going to he gym, I'm old and tired". Then I seem myself in the mirror and go all motivational Wes Watson on myself.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 6:39:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Eating and sleeping?
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 6:42:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've known lots of guys that have done PEDs of some sort, more than I know who have smoked weed regularly. Most of them are doing just fine.

I know two guys that have done a fuck ton of roids and got to competitive levels in the body building arena. Both went from the typical skinny hard gainer  to swole AF ~250# lean monsters.

I don't know about their physical health but both of them have gone off the rails mentality. Suicidal, depression, spouse abuse, etc. None of which was apparent before lots of juice, and doesn't seem to be the normal short lived road rage others experience.

I know correlation doesn't equal causation, but 2 for two is pretty strong numbers.

Anyone else seen that happen?
View Quote

I've never seen that and ive been around peds since 2005.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 6:47:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I still have days, and maybe a week now and then of "I'm tired of this shit, gonna eat what I want, fuck going to he gym, I'm old and tired". Then I seem myself in the mirror and go all motivational Wes Watson on myself.
View Quote

Body dismorphia is a hell of a thing ain't it?

I haven't lifted like a mad man in almost 2yrs.aka covid motivation killer.

Saw a buddy who hasn't seen me in a while and he was like dude, you're still jacked. I thought you said you stopped lifting.

Well I did but thanks!!
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 6:57:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Saw a buddy who hasn't seen me in a while and he was like dude, you're still jacked. I thought you said you stopped lifting.

Well I did but thanks!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I did but thanks!!

Edit; Uh, guess I just made a blank double post? Cool
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 6:58:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Well I did but thanks!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well I did but thanks!!

I completely get how body dysmorphia works these days. Acquaintances or passerbys will compliment about looking jacked or swole or whatever (I swear to god this isn’t a veiled humblebrag) and I genuinely feel fat or tiny depending on if I’m bulking or cutting. I know I’m not compared to the general population, like my eyes work and I have a mirror, but I feel it. They say the only time you’re happy with your progress is during those first beginner gains. Every point past that and you’re your own worst critic.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 7:01:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've alway been asked if I was Jucing, I've just been big my whole life. I knew if I wanted to be "in shape" and not just a fat big guy, I needed to start lifting early so I started at 13.

IMO it was me starting lifting then that allowed me to develop the muscle maturity I did so early, and with that came muscle memory and the ability to grow fast and stay even when not used that much.
After D1 football stopped b/c of a shoulder issue I didn't lift for close to 10 years and still looked muscular and large. Then I got the bug to start lifting again and blew the fuck up like I was on Juice but I'm not.

Back to being a Trap Monster, and I turn 40 in a couple weeks

6'3 320lbs
Going to start cutting after the holidays
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/251314/20211102_065000_jpg-2195177.JPG

OK So I guess I'm not "Natty" taking prescribed TCT to bring me back to normal. That fine with me.

I guess I put on all this muscle in the last 8 month

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2021 7:09:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Eating and sleeping?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eating and sleeping?

I have the apneas like a monster. Does that count?
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 7:12:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Body dysmorphia is a hell of a thing ain't it?

Well I did but thanks!!
View Quote

Body dysmorphia sucks, more so when you grew up with it. Being the small kid, growing late and so on. I did cut off 40lbs of size over this last roughly two years. It's just not sustainable or needed. I feel small despite what the scale or someone tells me.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 7:16:20 PM EDT
[#17]
And here is a little something for the "eat big to get big crowd". 4600 clean calories to maintain 280+lbs.

Nick Walker | DAY OF EATING! | 4,567 CALORIES!
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 7:22:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I completely get how body dysmorphia works these days. Acquaintances or passerbys will compliment about looking jacked or swole or whatever (I swear to god this isn’t a veiled humblebrag) and I genuinely feel fat or tiny depending on if I’m bulking or cutting. I know I’m not compared to the general population, like my eyes work and I have a mirror, but I feel it. They say the only time you’re happy with your progress is during those first beginner gains. Every point past that and you’re your own worst critic.
View Quote

100%
My wife told me that my size and veins was a turn off.
I told my wife that until I have veins running through my abs, I wasn't happy and felt like a fat ass.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 7:59:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Eating and sleeping?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eating and sleeping?

Lifting and sleeping
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 7:59:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I hear you. I like being strong too much to ever totally give up.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 8:00:59 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yes at 160 lbs natural I’m near 1100 total myself that is why I checked what the records are.  I’ve been lifting most of my life.
View Quote

I was doing that at 185 lbs at my peak. Good job. Now I am back over 200 and just under the 1000 lb club mark. Aging and injuries suck.
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 8:28:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

100%
I told my wife that until I have veins running through my abs, I wasn't happy and felt like a fat ass.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

100%

Some women aren’t into looks at all. That’s how you get 10s happily married to us 2s. Others put more value into a guy with good looks or being jacked.

I’m not big, but all I have to do is half hearted front lat spread pose to get my wife to make a “you’re gross” face. Double bicep, and she’ll say don’t do that. She likes me strong and fit looking. She could do without actually seeing the muscle. She hates the vanity side of BB. Forget her wanting to see veins in my shoulders or bleeding from my eye on deadlift day. For the most part, only guys are impressed with that shit.

I’d curb stomp a puppy to have veins in my abs. I wouldn’t feel good about doing it, but that’s how bad I want to see myself cut down that far. Sadly, I’ve never been near that lean and probably won’t be. Shit genetics, but more so life circumstances limit my mental strength to train and eat like I’d need to.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 8:30:00 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I was doing that at 185 lbs at my peak. Good job. Now I am back over 200 and just under the 1000 lb club mark. Aging and injuries suck.
View Quote

I can currently do 240 for 5 reps without a spotter so maybe I could get 6 reps with a spotter.  Going off memory I think when I was around 40 I did five reps with 265.  Bench is a strong exercise for me since it was what I focused on when I first started lifting.  I didn’t start squats until later as I learned more about lifting.
Link Posted: 12/22/2021 9:40:13 AM EDT
[#24]
I know a few IFBB Pros.  They are now retired, but their commitment was unparalleled.  

The biggest impression on me was their diet.  They ate like it was their full time job.  Not dirty bulking, either.

One is training his son, so the genetic piece is definitely applicable too.

Link Posted: 12/22/2021 11:28:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I know a few IFBB Pros.  They are now retired, but their commitment was unparalleled.  

The biggest impression on me was their diet.  They ate like it was their full time job.  Not dirty bulking, either.

One is training his son, so the genetic piece is definitely applicable too.

View Quote

Mentally those guys are on another level.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 6:42:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Then there is this guy.  New snatch and clean and jerk world records.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMIwky7qXAo
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 8:47:11 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

No thanks.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 12:20:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Unreal
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 12:20:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No thanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No thanks.

Dude snatches more than you can deadlift and all you can say is "no thanks"
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 12:33:15 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dude, I meant it like "No thanks, I hurt just thinking about trying to move that much."

Link Posted: 12/23/2021 12:35:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Dude, I meant it like "No thanks, I hurt just thinking about trying to move that much."

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My bad

ETA- I'm being a smartass with the emojis, but I apologize for the misinterpretation of your post.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 1:13:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Look at those ab veins.
Link Posted: 12/23/2021 3:42:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

My bad

ETA- I'm being a smartass with the emojis, but I apologize for the misinterpretation of your post.
View Quote

No worries.

Link Posted: 12/23/2021 3:43:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Look at those ab veins.
View Quote

Oh he has them. Probably really big ones too.
Link Posted: 12/27/2021 11:22:33 AM EDT
[#35]
I’ve been using tongkat Ali and ashwagandha together for a week now.  I’m not sure if it’s mental or not, but I actually feel like it did something.
Link Posted: 12/28/2021 6:14:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

He could have at least made it look difficult.  He threw that up like it was 60kg…
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 2:33:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Taller guys require a ton of calories just to maintain weight.  

It's why every time there is a "survival show" the tall guys "big guys" are going tap out first 9 times out of 10.  They go into a calorie deficit and vitamin deficit fast outside of the civilized world.  It's why you see that as a civilization has more and more better fed generations of people the average height will increase.  English decent people in the American Colonies were on average taller than their contemporaries in England after a few generations due to the better nutrition they were receiving.  Average height bros are more likely to do better long term in an apocalypse.  

So, when a big guy wants to get like "body builder" big he's got to definitely eat a massive amount of food.  If you look at Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson who is 6'9" he was your pretty typical tall and thin basketball player when he was in his late teens.  To get to the size of "The Mountain" he had to eat a massive amount of calories, guy eats like you wouldn't believe.  That guy is probably eating 10,000 or more calories a day, it's clean eating but it's a massive amount of lean proteins and high nutrient carbs. The expense of such an endeavor alone is incredible.

The taller you are the more difficult for sure it's going to be to get "body builder" big.  Guys do it, but it's basically a life pursuit thing not something you accomplish with a normal day job that's for sure.
View Quote

Ain't that the fucking truth.

It's like a part time job. Damn manlets have it made.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:19:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's why every time there is a "survival show" the tall guys "big guys" are going tap out first 9 times out of 10.  They go into a calorie deficit and vitamin deficit fast outside of the civilized world.  It's why you see that as a civilization has more and more better fed generations of people the average height will increase.  English decent people in the American Colonies were on average taller than their contemporaries in England after a few generations due to the better nutrition they were receiving.  Average height bros are more likely to do better long term in an apocalypse.  

So, when a big guy wants to get like "body builder" big he's got to definitely eat a massive amount of food.  If you look at Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson who is 6'9" he was your pretty typical tall and thin basketball player when he was in his late teens.  To get to the size of "The Mountain" he had to eat a massive amount of calories, guy eats like you wouldn't believe.  That guy is probably eating 10,000 or more calories a day, it's clean eating but it's a massive amount of lean proteins and high nutrient carbs. The expense of such an endeavor alone is incredible.

The taller you are the more difficult for sure it's going to be to get "body builder" big.  Guys do it, but it's basically a life pursuit thing not something you accomplish with a normal day job that's for sure.

I'm 5'9" and because of my job I was losing weight at 3k/day. If I was over 6' tall I would probably need like 5k a day, that would suck. Eating is my biggest hurdle.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:25:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

But, and to your point, not that big of a difference.
View Quote

Really?  Not that big a difference????
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:28:28 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

TRT is “gear”
View Quote

Being mid- to upper normal range from TRT doesn't do much if anything.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:29:09 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

You know the answer.
View Quote

They are under average height?
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:32:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I don't really follow bodybuilding but a quick look at some very well known names:
Ronnie Coleman 5'11"
Arnold Schwarzenegger 6'2"
Jay Cutler 5'10

Median height for men in the US is 5'9".

But, I'd guess taller body types might not like it - you just don't see that many tall people in the gym, generally speaking. I've heard it's tougher due to range of motion. In the extremes, I'm sure they're less likely to have body dysmorphia.
View Quote

The old range of motion
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:37:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRT is “gear”

Compared to being low it doesn't do anything?

Then why use it?

It's like being a teenager vs being middle aged. Of course it does something.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:43:42 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Then why use it?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRT is “gear”

Then why use it?

Yeah, but on the spectrum of AAS use, TRT is like picking up a penny on the sidewalk vs winning the lottery. Mentioning it in the same sentence as gear, while true in the most literal sense, is more than a little misleading.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 9:49:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yeah, but on the spectrum of AAS use, TRT is like picking up a penny on the sidewalk vs winning the lottery. Mentioning it in the same sentence as gear, while true in the most literal sense, is more than a little misleading.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRT is “gear”

Then why use it?

It's taking your natural levels and boosting them, not just for muscle gain of course, for other benefits, but it serves a similar function.

At least with TRT most guys are very up front about it.

Like if you see a jacked 50 year old guy, he'll often disclose that he is doing TRT.

Nothing more annoying than a juiced up social media clown that tells people how they should be training, or how they aren't working hard enough, with no mention of the fact that your average person isn't going to see result like they have without a little bit of help.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 5:36:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'm 5'9" and because of my job I was losing weight at 3k/day. If I was over 6' tall I would probably need like 5k a day, that would suck. Eating is my biggest hurdle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can see why dirty bulking and juicing is popular.

The amount of food that needs to be eaten to be lean is enormous.
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 5:39:13 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

It's taking your natural levels and boosting them, not just for muscle gain of course, for other benefits, but it serves a similar function.

Like if you see a jacked 50 year old guy, he'll often disclose that he is doing TRT.

Nothing more annoying than a juiced up social media clown that tells people how they should be training, or how they aren't working hard enough, with no mention of the fact that your average person isn't going to see result like they have without a little bit of help.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

TRT is “gear”

Then why use it?

Eh, I can see why so many of them wouldn’t be upfront about it. Even if they weren’t prosecuted, how many are in careers where they’d be terminated? How many that are sponsored will lose their sponsorships? I don’t blame them for wanting to ruin their whole career just to let their followers know they’re on gear.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:43:47 AM EDT
[#48]

Got 495 last week with a friend. I wanted to get it again to lock it in. Felt really good. I'm slowly getting back my old strength.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:06:26 AM EDT
[#49]
What do you guys think of Jeff Cavaliere of Athlean-X?  He has some great videos and is incredibly ripped and many question whether he's on gear or not?

I think his diet is on point and consistent for years and probably has killer genetics.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:13:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Diet has always been my biggest hurdle too, the stress of work causes me to not be as hungry, paired with the excess calorie requirements from long days. It ends up fucking me over.

I've been stuffing my face with meat and milk for the last 6 weeks and I'm bouncing back, my big goal for this work season is to make sure I pack a cooler loaded with food each morning.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top