Site Notices
Page / 14
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:00:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
some animals are more equal than others
View Quote

Absolutley true.  The deputy could have been filed on by the D.A., fired by his agency, sued by the victim's family, and even filed on by the Federal Govt. for denial of civil rights.  

Yup, some animals are more equal.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:01:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Place holder if freedom is restored.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:01:29 PM EDT
[#3]
lol, this one should be fantastic.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:01:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good, fuck bicycles, fuckin riding in their proper lanes and shit.

Good manslaughter.

Officer probably saved some lives, I bet this Olin guy was a member of a domestic terrorist sleeper cell, most bicyclists are.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:02:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What are we allowed to say about this??
View Quote

You just made the secret list, buddy.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:02:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Saying "this is a travesty of justice and this guy deserves to be in jail" is not "general bashing".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Saying "this is a travesty of justice and this guy deserves to be in jail" is not "general bashing".

This. Except around here nobody gets jail time for stuff like that.  They get suspended sentences or deferred sentences and probation
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:03:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

if i am answering a work related email on my phone, and i hit and kill someone, i'm good to go?

ar-jedi

View Quote
Do you work for law enforcement in L.A. ?

If not, then no, you are not good to go.  You will most likely see the inside of a jail or prison, but I bet you knew that.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:03:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Laws for thee but not for me
View Quote

I think this is pretty appropriate.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:05:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

if i am answering a work related email on my phone, and i hit and kill someone, i'm good to go?

ar-jedi
View Quote

Can't speak for your state probably covered under distracted driving or vehicular manslaughter.  The state this occurred in the legislature put an exemption to allow law enforcement and I'd assume emergency services such as fire and ems the ability to use electronic communication devices in a moving vehicle.  Some states ban all use of non handsfree equipment so the exemptions are in place to allow for radio use.  Some departments even where it is allowed restrict the use to non-moving and will have administrative penalties for violations.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:05:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Officer probably saved some lives, I bet this Olin guy was a member of a domestic terrorist sleeper cell, most bicyclists are.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good, fuck bicycles, fuckin riding in their proper lanes and shit.

Good manslaughter.

It was reported that he was wearing an ISIS flag shirt. Good smush. Cop should get a medal.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:05:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Widow should rightfully prevail with her civil case, but under our current rule of law there was no criminal act committed.

Anybody who thinks the LA District Attorney would give some beat cop special treatment doesn't know how this works
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:06:13 PM EDT
[#12]
So are some of you saying 100% of ALL such/like incidents involving NON LEO's resulted in criminal charges? Some make it sound like 100% of the people who have ever been involved in such an event, who were not LE, have been arrested... for some reason I don't think that's so.

I bet he loses his job and his agency pays out a max insurance claim... a criminal charge is minor and the least of the officers problems.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:06:22 PM EDT
[#13]
One law for thee, another for me.

Or, brake pedals don't work on cruisers so stopping to type out a text is not possible.

Or, police are so overworked that they don't have time to stop to type out a text reply.

Or, police don't have to give a shit since it won't matter if they run over someone while typing out a text reply.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:06:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Blue lives matter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not only did he kill Olin, he lied about it.  He initially claimed that Olin swerved in front of him.  Several days later when confronted with evidence that Olin was in the bike lane at all times, he changed his story.  Way to serve and protect.

Blue lives matter.

Fixed your typo...
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:07:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Widow should rightfully prevail with her civil case, but under our current rule of law there was no criminal act committed.

Anybody who thinks the LA District Attorney would give some beat cop special treatment doesn't know how this works
View Quote

He did lie initially.  Is that legal?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:07:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Cop needs to be doing at least 5 years in prison for vehicular manslaughter.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:07:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I'll take a shot at it....

The deputy should be charged.  What a department or state's policy is, or what exemptions they may have, doesn't substitute for morality.

Fact: Guy driving a car allowed something to distract him and that resulted in the death of someone who was just minding his own business.

I just can't imagine that the content of a email was worth the risk of hurting someone, much less was more important than a life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll take a shot at it....

The deputy should be charged.  What a department or state's policy is, or what exemptions they may have, doesn't substitute for morality.

Fact: Guy driving a car allowed something to distract him and that resulted in the death of someone who was just minding his own business.

I just can't imagine that the content of a email was worth the risk of hurting someone, much less was more important than a life.

Serious "legal question", I'm a truck driver not a lawyer...

So I'm driving down the interstate at 65 mph in my 80,000lb rig and I get a msg across my company Qualcomm unit, look over to read, it only takes a second...
Loud crashing noise gets my attention, I've just crushed a guy on a motorcycle, from what I see in the mirror.
I wonder if I can get the "company business" exemption from prosecution of criminal neglect?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:07:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Absolutley true.  The deputy could have been filed on by the D.A., fired by his agency, sued by the victim's family, and even filed on by the Federal Govt. for denial of civil rights.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Except for this "sued by the victim's family" nothing has happened to him and more than likely nothing will.Yup, some animals are more equal.

Roy
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:07:51 PM EDT
[#19]
The rot starts with sycophantic, look the other way, enabling district attournys and rubber stamp judges.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:07:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No comment.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:09:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Published: 05:43 GMT, 28 August 2014  | Updated: 05:55 GMT, 28 August 2014

Hmmmmm......
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:09:33 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No comment.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:10:16 PM EDT
[#23]
What's the problem?  They investigated themselves and it wasn't the LEO's fault.

Cop hate much?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:10:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Except for this "sued by the victim's family" nothing has happened to him and more than likely nothing will.Yup, some animals are more equal.

Roy
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Roy

You're sure about this part?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:10:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If that is the case then he should be done in Law Enforcement since that becomes Brady / Gigglio material and the cop shouldn't be used in court.  I know of very few agencies anymore that will touch someone on a Brady / Gigglio list.  Once again this is more of an administrative issue at this point and should be dealt with after any criminal decisions are dealt with.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:10:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Hmmm....

Nah.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:11:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Enjoy your account lock. You're not allowed to say that around here.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Enjoy your account lock. You're not allowed to say that around here.

You gotta be kidding me. You can get your account locked for that?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:11:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Multiple CoC violations, warnings are coming
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:33:37 AM EDT
[#29]
upon consideration, and after serious discussion, reopened.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:39:11 AM EDT
[#30]
In after the lock.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:40:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
In after the lock.
View Quote

Agreed, now does anyone know why he wont be charged?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:42:30 AM EDT
[#32]
Some animals are more equal than others

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:42:51 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

What's today? Oh yeah, Tuesday. I think today is "no comment" day.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:43:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
In after the lock.
View Quote

That's gotta be a first.

Is that a first?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:43:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
No comment.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:44:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:44:46 AM EDT
[#37]
Edit: NVM

Not funny anymore I'm assuming
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:44:59 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm kind of scared to say anything.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:45:46 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Published: 05:43 GMT, 28 August 2014  | Updated: 05:55 GMT, 28 August 2014

Hmmmmm......
View Quote

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1660734_Distracted_Driving__It_s_Ok_If_You_re_A_COP_.html
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:46:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Not only did he kill Olin, he lied about it.  He initially claimed that Olin swerved in front of him.  Several days later when confronted with evidence that Olin was in the bike lane at all times, he changed his story.  Way to serve and protect.
View Quote

If this is true, I have not attempted verification, then there has been a miscarriage of justice.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:48:08 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Can't speak for your state probably covered under distracted driving or vehicular manslaughter.  The state this occurred in the legislature put an exemption to allow law enforcement and I'd assume emergency services such as fire and ems the ability to use electronic communication devices in a moving vehicle.  Some states ban all use of non handsfree equipment so the exemptions are in place to allow for radio use.  Some departments even where it is allowed restrict the use to non-moving and will have administrative penalties for violations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ar-jedi

But even with that exception the vehicle operator still has a duty to drive without runnung people over because he's distracted.

Unless killing random bikers is a job related activity.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:48:31 AM EDT
[#42]
So what, we aren't allowed to say when a LEO has done wrong around here now? What a joke.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:49:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Not even close. Happens all the time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In after the lock.

That's gotta be a first.

Is that a first?

Well I just meant the posting of "in after the lock" as opposed to the more commonly seen "in before the lock", not the fact that a locked thread was unlocked.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:49:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

ar-jedi
View Quote

Only if you work for the people who make or enforce the laws.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:49:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Meanwhile, in justice-land for the rest of the USA.

Teen charged with manslaughter in texting while driving case

According to the Platte County prosecutor, Rachel N. Gannon, of Kansas City, was allegedly texting on her cell phone when she lost control of her vehicle and collided with a car driven by Loretta J. Larimer, 72, who was killed in the crash.
View Quote

http://www.kctv5.com/story/17587020/teen-charged-with-manslaughter-in-texting-while-driving-case

Massachusetts teen convicted of homicide in texting-while-driving case

A Massachusetts teen was convicted Wednesday of homicide as a result of texting while driving and will serve one year in prison.
View Quote

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/06/justice/massachusetts-texting-trial/

Woman, 20, Accused Of Texting While Driving Faces Up To 10 Years For Fatal Crash

ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WJZ)—An Anne Arundel County woman now faces charges for the death of a motorcycle driver and police say it’s all because she was texting while driving.
View Quote

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2013/10/08/woman-20-accused-of-texting-while-driving-faces-up-to-10-years-for-fatal-crash/
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:49:57 AM EDT
[#46]
I'm good with whatever I am supposed to be good with.

Don't ban me bro!
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:50:37 AM EDT
[#47]
In before and after the lock

Much tardedness has occurred in GD lately.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:50:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Well I just meant the posting of "in after the lock" as opposed to the more commonly seen "in before the lock", not the fact that a locked thread was unlocked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In after the lock.

That's gotta be a first.

Is that a first?

Happens in every locked thread that gets reopened.

Would think this is the very kind of situation Negligent Homicide was meant to cover...
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:52:25 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's bad enough that we aren't all held to a basic standard.  I get important emails too, but I know better then to drive and email.  Tack on the lying that seems so easy to do and highly protected when you have a badge and people wonder why there is PR issue.  On the flip side, we can't voice these concerns without being accused of being BLM or some other hate group.  Nice strawman.  Unfortunately LEOs find themselves in this weird position where there is absolutely manufactured hate and despicable crime being waged against, but then by and large they are awful at correcting their own problems.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:53:10 AM EDT
[#50]
That cyclist sure got served and protected.
Page / 14
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top