Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:14:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry,but I have 3 very good friends who are Moslems.

They're of Egyptian,Pakistani and Dagestani origin and all of them are fantastic people who are welcome into my home at any time.

They are about as comparable to Islamic fundamentalists as the average Christmas and Easter Christian on Arfcom is to Fred Phelps and his band of idiots. Whenever I hear the xenophobic rabble-rabble over how terrible Moslems are on here,I actually feel ashamed. For fuck's sake,most of them are good people who simply have different beliefs. The only way you could call me a Christian is because I was baptized when I was tiny and I certainly have no problem with those beliefs which I also do not tend to fully agree and look at my Moslem friends' beliefs in the same way.

There is simply no convincing anyone that someone else is worthwhile,not a closet terrorist or anything of the like. All of those I know are good Americans and I'm sorry some people won't get their heads out of their asses and get to know some of their neighbors.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:14:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I dont blame all Muslims. But................

the Muslim community's lack of open condemnation of the Islamist's terrorism leads me to fear in some way as a communty they tacitly support the activities of the radicals.

In a Joint Statement by American Muslim Alliance, American Muslim Council, Association of Muslim Scientists and Engineers, Association of Muslim Social Scientists, Council on American-Islamic Relations, Islamic Medical Association of North America, Islamic Circle of North America, Islamic Society of North America, Ministry of Imam W. Deen Mohammed, Muslim American Society and Muslim Public Affairs Council, stated:

American Muslims utterly condemn the vicious and cowardly acts of terrorism against innocent civilians. We join with all Americans in calling for the swift apprehension and punishment of the perpetrators. No political cause could ever be assisted by such immoral acts.

Do some research and ascertain the definition of "innocent" vis-a-vis Islam in this context.

Its completely possible to make a statement that doesn't mean what the people hearing it think it means.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:24:43 PM EDT
[#3]
What the Muslim world needs to understand...

This is not a perfect world were every individual can judge every individual based on their individual actions.

It was Muslim terrorists that caused 9/11 and murdered 3000+ Americans.  This, whether the Muslim community likes it or not, has labeled ALL Muslim as bad until proven other wise in the eyes of Americans.  

Even if these "radicals" are a very small minority of the people...they have labeled the Muslim race as terrorists (in general).  We are fighting two wars against Muslim combatants who have waged a "Jihad" on us.  This, whether the Muslim community likes it or not, has labeled ALL Muslim as bad until proven other wise in the eyes of Americans.  

Muslims make zero effort to educate the non-Muslims on the true teachings of Islam.  They believe it is up to us, and us alone to understand and tolerate them.  And when a major, core ideology like Jihad is in the books/beliefs of Islam...whether the Muslim community likes it or not, has labeled ALL Muslim as bad until proven other wise in the eyes of Americans.  

They preach and bitch about tolerance and acceptance...but then slap the faces of all American's by wanting to build a 13 story mega mosque as close as possible to Ground Zero...GROUND ZERO - the place where MUSLIM radicals killed 3000+ people and changed the lives of Americans forever.  Americans DO NOT want it there, is an extremely sensitive issue for many Americans.  They fail to realize that this in no way, shape, or form is helping their cause.  Instead, it is a step backwards in the attempt to increase the relationship between Americans and Muslims.  They fail to realize that if they want to reach out to the non-Muslim community in America...DO NOT built it there!  But a last...they do not care.  They flip it and put the blame on us for intolerance.  This, whether the Muslim community likes it or not, has labeled ALL Muslim as bad until proven other wise in the eyes of Americans.  

And maybe not all Muslims are bad, in fact, I know not all Muslims are bad.  But they, whether the Muslim community likes it or not, has been labeled as bad.  It is up to them to fix it.  You simply can not call on tolerance and understand to fix this relationship.  Its like a bully beating up a kid and the bully saying "Hey I have problems but its not me!  Its not my fault!  How dare you judge me!  I can do want I want and if you don't like it then I'm going to blame you!"  The logical thought process that the Muslim community operates on is faulty on so many levels.  

They think they are above us...and will stop at nothing until they get their way.  Our sensitivity and understanding will only bite us in the ass in the end.  And of course it does not help that we have a Muslim in office that is sympathetic to them.  

Just my views.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:27:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What the Muslim world needs to understand...

This is not a perfect world were every individual can judge every individual based on their individual actions.

It was Muslim terrorists that caused 9/11 and murdered 3000+ Americans.  This, whether the Muslim community likes it or not, has labeled ALL Muslim as bad until proven other wise in the eyes of Americans.  

Even if these "radicals" are a very small minority of the people...they have labeled the Muslim race as terrorists (in general).  We are fighting two wars against Muslim combatants who have waged a "Jihad" on us.  This, whether the Muslim community likes it or not, has labeled ALL Muslim as bad until proven other wise in the eyes of Americans.  

Muslims make zero effort to educate the non-Muslims on the true teachings of Islam.  They believe it is up to us, and us alone to understand and tolerate them.  And when a major, core ideology like Jihad is in the books/beliefs of Islam...whether the Muslim community likes it or not, has labeled ALL Muslim as bad until proven other wise in the eyes of Americans.  

They preach and bitch about tolerance and acceptance...but then slap the faces of all American's by wanting to build a 13 story mega mosque as close as possible to Ground Zero...GROUND ZERO - the place where MUSLIM radicals killed 3000+ people and changed the lives of Americans forever.  Americans DO NOT want it there, is an extremely sensitive issue for many Americans.  They fail to realize that this in no way, shape, or form is helping their cause.  Instead, it is a step backwards in the attempt to increase the relationship between Americans and Muslims.  They fail to realize that if they want to reach out to the non-Muslim community in America...DO NOT built it there!  But a last...they do not care.  They flip it and put the blame on us for intolerance.  This, whether the Muslim community likes it or not, has labeled ALL Muslim as bad until proven other wise in the eyes of Americans.  

And maybe not all Muslims are bad, in fact, I know not all Muslims are bad.  But they, whether the Muslim community likes it or not, has been labeled as bad.  It is up to them to fix it.  You simply can not call on tolerance and understand to fix this relationship.  Its like a bully beating up a kid and the bully saying "Hey I have problems but its not me!  Its not my fault!  How dare you judge me!  I can do want I want and if you don't like it then I'm going to blame you!"  The logical thought process that the Muslim community operates on is faulty on so many levels.  

They think they are above us...and will stop at nothing until they get their way.  Our sensitivity and understanding will only bite us in the ass in the end.  And of course it does not help that we have a Muslim in office that is sympathetic to them.  

Just my views.  

dude, why was that fading away
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:36:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

They're of Egyptian,Pakistani and Dagestani origin and all of them are fantastic people who are welcome into my home at any time.

They are about as comparable to Islamic fundamentalists as the average Christmas and Easter Christian on Arfcom is to Fred Phelps and his band of idiots. Whenever I hear the xenophobic rabble-rabble over how terrible Moslems are on here,I actually feel ashamed. For fuck's sake,most of them are good people who simply have different beliefs. The only way you could call me a Christian is because I was baptized when I was tiny and I certainly have no problem with those beliefs which I also do not tend to fully agree and look at my Moslem friends' beliefs in the same way.

There is simply no convincing anyone that someone else is worthwhile,not a closet terrorist or anything of the like. All of those I know are good Americans and I'm sorry some people won't get their heads out of their asses and get to know some of their neighbors.

It is funny, because it is true. All the Muslims I know just want to be left alone like every other red blooded American. They escaped shitty countries and came here to better themselves. For morons on this forum to group them together with "those a-rab terrorists" is just insulting.

But it makes the keyboard warriors feel better about themselves.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:39:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

the Muslim community's lack of open condemnation of the Islamist's terrorism leads me to fear in some way as a communty they tacitly support the activities of the radicals.

Yep

Indeed. Sensitivity is a two way street. You can't demand it non-stop and not show any yourself.

As for the OP's question - the "other Muslims" might include my roommate's Bangladeshi wife and her friends who invited me to their Eid celebration over salami sandwiches and beer.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:42:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

<snipulus>

ok then where are all the "Non-American" muslims that do not support the evil things that terorist's do

Sitting around with their mouths tightly shut for fear that openly opposing the violent *UGH* 'policies' of insurgent/ anti-western groups...

...causes a smile to be carved into the neck of a relative back home.

This enemy's penchant for freely employing maximum, indiscriminate violence in achieving its ends holds the entire world hostage- and this is why they must be defeated.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:46:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 12:55:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The biggest problem I see with Islam is this (in a grossly simplified nutshell):

The surahs telling Muslims to kill the unbelievers and make war upon them come from a later time period of those preaching more peaceful coexistence.

Mohammed said that whatever was said LATER takes precedence of what was said earlier.

Ergo, peaceful Muslims aren't correctly interpreting their own scripture. Until Islam figures out how to interpret their scripture in a coherent manner that somehow explains away the violence inherent towards non-believers, we will continue to have to deal with large swaths of that faith that are going to be very hostile towards non-Muslims.

Also, don't forget that a disturbingly large percentage of AMERICAN Muslims polled said that violence/suicide bombings are an OK response.

Yep. Sometimes the ones who are the least affected by violence are its greatest advocates.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:17:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
So does anyone in this thread actually know a muslim besides me?

I'm guessing no.

No, you're the only person on Arfcomm that knows a real life Muslim, you must feel so special...the rest of us are just ignorant bigots, please enlighten us with your worldly ways...
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:24:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm guessing no.

No, you're the only person on Arfcomm that knows a real life Muslim, you must feel so special...the rest of us are just ignorant bigots, please enlighten us with your worldly ways...

Yes please, the muslims I've met and worked with must have been the exception.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:03:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

The biggest problem I see with Islam is this (in a grossly simplified nutshell):

The surahs telling Muslims to kill the unbelievers and make war upon them come from a later time period of those preaching more peaceful coexistence.

Mohammed said that whatever was said LATER takes precedence of what was said earlier.

Ergo, peaceful Muslims aren't correctly interpreting their own scripture. Until Islam figures out how to interpret their scripture in a coherent manner that somehow explains away the violence inherent towards non-believers, we will continue to have to deal with large swaths of that faith that are going to be very hostile towards non-Muslims.

Also, don't forget that a disturbingly large percentage of AMERICAN Muslims polled said that violence/suicide bombings are an OK response.

Or realizes that Islam is the 8th Century version of Scientology or "The Peoples' Temple" or Heavens' Gate or The Nation of Islam, etc., etc. etc. and that the "prophet" has much in common with L. Ron Hubbard or Jim Jones or Wallace Farad Muhammad.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 2:11:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Thank you!!! That's the question I've been asking since 9-11-2001.
Where the Fuck are they???
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 3:45:43 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They are about as comparable to Islamic fundamentalists as the average Christmas and Easter Christian on Arfcom is to Fred Phelps and his band of idiots. Whenever I hear the xenophobic rabble-rabble over how terrible Moslems are on here,I actually feel ashamed. For fuck's sake, most of them are good people who simply have different beliefs. The only way you could call me a Christian is because I was baptized when I was tiny and I certainly have no problem with those beliefs which I also do not tend to fully agree and look at my Moslem friends' beliefs in the same way.

There is simply no convincing anyone that someone else is worthwhile, not a closet terrorist or anything of the like. All of those I know are good Americans and I'm sorry some people won't get their heads out of their asses and get to know some of their neighbors.

Most Nazis did not wish to kill Jews. Which ones would you pick to tell you had a Jewish family that you needed to sneak out of Nazi Germany?

You should ask your friends what they would do if their imam told them they had to change their ways and begin to follow Sharia law and not US law and go read of history less than 100 years ago as to how the Assyrians where slaughtered when people like your friends were told to follow Islamic law or die.  You just might wonder how vocal or helpful your friends might be.

Are your friends organizing rallies and carrying signs in protest? No, as they are afraid they will be killed. And when the SHTF your "friends" will chose their family, not yours.

I wonder how many Brits spoke as you and now urge their children to try to immigrate to the United States as Islam is taking over Europe.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 3:53:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:For morons on this forum to group them together with "those a-rab terrorists" is just insulting.

Fine, then you are insulted. Duly noted. It's insulting that you speak as if an intellectual yet know not a damn thing about Islam and its intents.

Fear not, as no one thinks you hold the moral high ground here. Your views are that of a useful idiot when it comes to Islam. We will fight Islam one day in America for our very survival. Do you wish to restrict it now, or give the coming battle in 50-100 years more of a foundation? It seems like the latter. But you'll feel you are better than the rest of us, I'm sure.

Any sane nation would say that any so-called religion that calls for the killing of those who do not follow it must be banned and its practitioners denied citizenship.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 3:56:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Friends of mine worked at Lucent in NJ before they closed most of their locations. On 9/11 he called me to tell me that in the lunch room, as the replays of the planes hitting the towers were played on the TV, groups of muslims cheered. Nuff said.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 3:58:12 PM EDT
[#17]
This thread makes it clear that there is NOTHING the moderate Muslim community can do to convince you lot that they're not secret terrorists.

'Oh, they should be protesting every day!'

'Oh, it's okay for a Muslim to lie to a non-believer!'

etc.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:02:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
This thread makes it clear that there is NOTHING the moderate Muslim community can do to convince you lot that they're not secret terrorists.

'Oh, they should be protesting every day!'

'Oh, it's okay for a Muslim to lie to a non-believer!'

etc.

They don't have to be "secret terrorists" to be bad for America.

If they are implementing a social, political, and economic system that is incompatible with America, we are not going to stand for it.  We will not submit the way Canada and Europe have.  We know exactly what happens when other shoe drops.

If they are simply practicing a religion, that is compatible with America (our values and Constitution) then we welcome them!  Just as we welcome people of all faiths provided they can assimilate into our culture.

I wish there was an easy way to tell who is in camp 1 and camp 2.  There just isn't.  And I suspect camp 2 likes it this way and has worked hard to create this reality.  I've lost count of how many "moderate" leaders have been presented to the American people to teach us about Islam, only to find video/audio of them saying things that are in no way "moderate."
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 5:25:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Is it not written that it is ok to lie to enemies of islam?

Quoted:

Quoted:

In a Joint Statement by American Muslim Alliance, American Muslim Council, Association of Muslim Scientists and Engineers, Association of Muslim Social Scientists, Council on American-Islamic Relations, Islamic Medical Association of North America, Islamic Circle of North America, Islamic Society of North America, Ministry of Imam W. Deen Mohammed, Muslim American Society and Muslim Public Affairs Council, stated:

American Muslims utterly condemn the vicious and cowardly acts of terrorism against innocent civilians. We join with all Americans in calling for the swift apprehension and punishment of the perpetrators. No political cause could ever be assisted by such immoral acts.

Its all a giant Islamic conspiracy, eh?

Needs more tinfoil

NO, the large masses of Muslims who claim to abhor what is being done in the name of their religion need to actually do something.

Not sit in the safe USA and issue statements, but actually pressure their fellow Muslims to recognize that the radical fringe is going to poison it for all.

And how do normal everyday american muslims "pressure the radical fringe" that's half a world away?

How come the Christians haven't "pressure the radical fringe" of the WBC to stop their antics?

I am not aware of WBC hijacking planes and flying them into buildings, setting IED's, ambushing American Soldiers at Fort Hood and an Arkansas recruiting office, or beheading people then posting the video on the internet.  As vile as WBC is, they hardly rise to equal the acts of the true followers of islam.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:18:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Delete
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:23:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Again, actions speak louder than words.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:27:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Didn't I tell you to GFY and ESAD already?

that sounds a lot like a CoC violation...

Which seems to be the point of many of your posts, getting people to violate the CofC.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:33:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Here's one.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:38:24 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I'm guessing no.

I'm married into a muslim family.

People are all worked up right now and only thinking emotionally.  Can't discuss with people like that.  It is like arguing with a liberal.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:38:54 PM EDT
[#25]

He was just lying.  You know, to fool us.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:47:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They'll say that, or they'll say 'yeah well thats only one, show me another.'

Its a constant moving of the goalposts.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:39:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Delete
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:50:01 PM EDT
[#28]
I work with 4 muslim guys.  They have the prayer rug in the office and just finished the whole Ramadan thing.  Most make the pilgramige to mecca every year, at least every other year.  I have known them 9 years.  While they may not be representitive the US Muslim population, I think they are pretty close.  My observations of my coworkers(who I talk to daily) are:

1)  They love Obama - I mean love the guy.  He can do no wrong.  
2)  They never speak poorly of a fellow muslim.  Never.  
3) Mention the evil of 9/11 and they will reply that "there are many devils in this world".
4) They display religious nepitism at its best.  They are in management and mostly hire fellow muslims as subordinates.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:51:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

With all due respect how many of "those" pictures have you seen vs pictures of groups of muslims around the world protesting something, holding signs hoping for death to America, burning things, etc... Each photo containing tens of THOUSANDS, not ONE.

Come on now, no one is saying there are no good muslims. Again, try reading some of the posts instead of just posting replies. We just want lines drawn. Get it?

The guy wanting to build the mosque in New York is paid by the State Department to travel around the world and tell Muslims why the American system of government is good. The head religious figure in Saudi Arabia has come out numerous times and said terrorism is not islamic. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of Muslims serving in the U.S. Military and those of our allies. There are easily millions and millions of Muslims just tending to their flocks or going to work and trying to make a better life for their kids right now instead of protesting something.

We've shown lists of prominent Muslims who have denounced terrorism.

Our previous UN Ambassador was a Pashtun Muslim.

If you don't see it by now, its because you just don't want to see it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:52:13 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He was just lying. You know, to fool us.

With all due respect how many of "those" pictures have you seen vs pictures of groups of muslims around the world protesting something, holding signs hoping for death to America, burning things, etc... Each photo containing tens of THOUSANDS, not ONE.

Come on now, no one is saying there are no good muslims. Again, try reading some of the posts instead of just posting replies. We just want lines drawn. Get it?

Which one has more pics taken of it?  Which gives better "press"?

The muslims living their life, holding a job, raising kids, etc... you won't see out in the street.  They have a life.
The muslim issue mirrors the black community issue almost perfectly.  Each 'culture' has some serious problems and each cultures average joe doesn't speak out enough or do enough about their bad apples.  Unfortunately the MSM and political correctness and give so much power to the bad apples that it makes it very hard for the average joe in those respective communities to do much about it.

Declaring the terrorists the 'true muslims' gives them power.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:07:33 PM EDT
[#31]
Deleted
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:08:00 PM EDT
[#32]
The "other Muslims"...where are they?!

There aren't any..........  Just listen to the ground zero Imam  "warn" that if the plans are changed there " will be trouble".... speaks volumes to me and steadies my resolve that as a whole the religon of Islam is incompatable with  Liberty.   Imagine for a moment a 100 yrs from now 51% of the U.S. population is Islamic,   will the Principles of the Constitution still apply?   I highly doubt it.   Convince me I am wrong,  I dare you to show me one instance of toleration for non muslims in a prodominately muslim country.  I submitt it cannot be done.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:08:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Deleted
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:18:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

How come the Christians haven't "pressure the radical fringe" of the WBC to stop their antics?  

WBC?

No idea who that is (it stands for many groups).

Westboro Baptist Church: A liberal organization comprised of liberal lawyers whose sole reason for bieng is so liberals can point to them as an example of Christian extremism. (See definitions of: "Moral Equivalence" and "False Flag Operation") Sort of like proving there are aliens from outer space by having your wife dress as ET.

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:23:58 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The muslim issue mirrors the black community issue almost perfectly. Each 'culture' has some serious problems and each cultures average joe doesn't speak out enough or do enough about their bad apples. Unfortunately the MSM and political correctness and give so much power to the bad apples that it makes it very hard for the average joe in those respective communities to do much about it.

Declaring the terrorists the 'true muslims' gives them power.

Again if you had bothered to read the thread, you would see many valid points for what you said is completely ignorant. That is all I have to say about your entire post.

If there is one thing I'm not, it is ignorant about the black and muslim communities.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:30:00 PM EDT
[#36]
I always laugh at these threads. This is how these threads always go:

1. Stupid claim made that Muslims do not condemn terror, therefore they tacitly support it, making them just as guilty.

2. Someone with intelligence comes in and posts multiple, multiple examples of condemnation by muslims.

3. Others post claims that Muslims are engaging in Al-Taqiyya when they make condemnations; all their condemnations are lies, and they still support terror.

LOL. Why should they even bother to speak out, making themselves targets of the radicals, if morons aren't going to give them credit for doing so anyways.

They still do speak out and condemn it, and they do it because it is the right thing to do.

Multiple Multiple examples here:

http://www.muhajabah.com/otherscondemn.php
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:38:53 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The guy wanting to build the mosque in New York is paid by the State Department to travel around the world and tell Muslims why the American system of government is good. The head religious figure in Saudi Arabia has come out numerous times and said terrorism is not islamic. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of Muslims serving in the U.S. Military and those of our allies. There are easily millions and millions of Muslims just tending to their flocks or going to work and trying to make a better life for their kids right now instead of protesting something.

I'm with you.

It seems more and more the general concensus of muslims in this country, in my experience, is that they are muslim first and foremost, and where they live is all just to improve their life, but given the chance, I'm sure they'd all move to mecca if they could get a job and support a family and if their system would support them. To me, if you are an American citizen, you should be American first and foremost. To me if you appreciate this country enough to spend your LIFE here, then you should value it enough to support it, not just abuse it...that is if you put a value on life.

I am willing to bet the majority of Christians in this country would call themselves American first and Christians second. Not saying they would renounce God for America, but saying that they are willing to stand side by side a muslim, a Jew, an atheist, a Scientologist, what have you, if they too are Americans first and fight for what is right.

I want the American first muslims to stand up. I want them to do more than just talk out of the side of their mouth about "oh that's not good if they kill us soldiers." If the enemy won't draw the line, then forgive our ignorance as a people not used to your culture, and YOU draw the line as a civilian who is an American first and agrees with us in keeping this nation great. If the enemy tries to hide behind you as a civilian (which they do both figuratively and literally in combat), then step out from hiding him.

Good enough?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:51:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Deleted
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:51:55 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

I'm guessing no.

We have a Muslim guy in our military unit, immigrated when he was a kid, one of the best guys I've ever worked with, extremely smart and hard working. The wannabe bangers/thugs we also have there, wouldn't miss 'em.    

Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:52:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:

We are not "innocent civilians" in their book.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:24:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

1. Stupid claim made that Muslims do not condemn terror, therefore they tacitly support it, making them just as guilty.

2. Someone with intelligence comes in and posts multiple, multiple examples of condemnation by muslims.

3. Others post claims that Muslims are engaging in Al-Taqiyya when they make condemnations; all their condemnations are lies, and they still support terror.

LOL. Why should they even bother to speak out, making themselves targets of the radicals, if morons aren't going to give them credit for doing so anyways.

They still do speak out and condemn it, and they do it because it is the right thing to do.

much easier to say we are biggots then actually read the thread with all the posts
Quoted:
Quoted:
What most people fail to realize is that lying or trying to "fool" the infidel is only permissible if your life is in immediate danger. There have been OPEN statements made about radical Islam by imams all over the country. The media simply does not cover them.

A few days ago, at the Eid prayer in Milwaukee, the imam said that terrorists and radicals are NOT muslims. Muslims have nothing to do with these people because they have their own agenda, yet they claim they do it for their own fucked up version of what Islam is. So the public lumps all Muslims together. Simple as that.

Then this shit needs to get airtime and if the MSM wont cover it take those commie fucks to task. It's almost like they want us to turn on each other.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:32:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Last time I made a comment on the subject, I got a <coc> violation......I have to refrain from adding my 2 cents or risk being censured.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:50:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

much easier to say we are biggots then actually read the thread with all the posts
Quoted:
Quoted:
What most people fail to realize is that lying or trying to "fool" the infidel is only permissible if your life is in immediate danger. There have been OPEN statements made about radical Islam by imams all over the country. The media simply does not cover them.

A few days ago, at the Eid prayer in Milwaukee, the imam said that terrorists and radicals are NOT muslims. Muslims have nothing to do with these people because they have their own agenda, yet they claim they do it for their own fucked up version of what Islam is. So the public lumps all Muslims together. Simple as that.

Then this shit needs to get airtime and if the MSM wont cover it take those commie fucks to task. It's almost like they want us to turn on each other.

Ignorance isn't an excuse. The information is there if you want to see. Most people don't. They rather blindly hate.

As far as bigots go, you're kidding yourself if you think many people on this site, and in this thread, aren't bigots.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:09:26 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ignorance isn't an excuse. The information is there if you want to see. Most people don't. They rather blindly hate.

As far as bigots go, you're kidding yourself if you think many people on this site, and in this thread, aren't bigots.

Underneath I think most aren't.  They are just venting in a stressful time.

It is normal to hate on a group, when in a group, when it is hard to assign specific blame otherwise. Yet in normal everyday life most here wouldn't treat a suspected muslim any different than another person, provided they were acting normal.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:09:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
What most people fail to realize is that lying or trying to "fool" the infidel is only permissible if your life is in immediate danger

False.

That's amusing, considering what Islam actually teaches.  I especially enjoy it when they claim that killing the innocent is wrong, but then they never define what "innocents" are (infidels aren't "innocents").
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:13:10 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

It is normal to hate on a group, when in a group, when it is hard to assign specific blame otherwise. Yet in normal everyday life most here wouldn't treat a suspected muslim any different than another person, provided they were acting normal.

Then you are naive. The only reason you don't see how far the rabbit hole goes in regard to their bigotry is because of the CoC.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:24:57 AM EDT
[#47]
The guy wanting to build the mosque in New York is paid by the State Department to travel around the world and tell Muslims why the American system of government is good.

Which is a ridiculous misuse of our tax dollars.

The head religious figure in Saudi Arabia has come out numerous times and said terrorism is not islamic.

Which is an interesting statement, considering Saudi Arabia is the major financial support for both the hard and soft jihads - they even ran telethons for terrorist families.

You've shown nothing.

That's supposed to be a good thing?

If you don't understand the threat by now, you never will.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:29:35 AM EDT
[#48]

Then you are naive. The only reason you don't see how far the rabbit hole goes in regard to their bigotry is because of the CoC.

Apparently "bigot" is the word used now to shout down anyone who has actually studied the subject.   Islam isn't a religion.  It's a political
system with religous trappings created to bolster the power of a bandit.  Out here in the Dar al Harb, there are many who feel as you do sans
evidence or study.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:49:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd go a step further that the one or two posters here who want to obliterate Islam, couldn't do it. Sure they could shoot a dude trying to shoot them, beyond that I don't think they have it in them. Which is good.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:51:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Being from SE Michigan, I have known alot of muslims........the vast majority are decent law abiding citizens who provide for themselves.

I wish they were a little more vocal in denouncing their extremist elements though.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top