User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:20:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can anyone alive in that era confirm any of this really happened?

As someone born in the 80s I obviously don't remember this and am always a big skeptical of nut jobs on the internet telling me about their conspiracy theories
View Quote
It's sad when someone asks this question about very recent history, yet wouldn't ask this about Klan lynchings decades earlier.
Nothing against you Spartikis. Just fascinating that very recent and violent history has been essentially covered up, because leftists were the perpetrators.

When I read this a month or so back I was gobsmacked. As a history loving guy I had never heard 90+% of this stuff.
What was most depressing was hearing about the terrorists who survived. Minor to no punishments, many of them becoming tenured professors.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 5:17:36 PM EDT
[#2]
I would really encourage anyone who liked the blog post to pick up the book. It is well worth the read.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:04:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
William Ayers' forgotten communist manifesto: Prairie Fire

Ayers spoke of killing over 25 million Americans and imprisoning countless others to achieve their goals

In 1901 a young communist assassinated President William McKinley after attending a speech by Emma Goldman who advocated violence to spread their message.

Mark Rudd of the Weather Underground detailed the history of the organization and its long roots back to those early days of the communist war on America and how proud
the old folks of his neighborhood were proud of the radicals achievements to advance American communism.
View Quote
thank you for linking to this Prairie Fire manifesto.  very interesting excerpts, & good analysis by the guy on the website.  interesting to see how some of the leftist language that is mainstream news today, comes straight out of hard Left revolutionary writings of a few decades ago.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 11:42:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I would really encourage anyone who liked the blog post to pick up the book. It is well worth the read.
View Quote
Me too, I'm familiar with the Weathermen and the SLA in passing, but this adds a lot to what I already knew, still reading through it though.
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:55:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Me too, I'm familiar with the Weathermen and the SLA in passing, but this adds a lot to what I already knew, still reading through it though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We had to read this in college for some Modern American History Class. Seeing Weathermen reminded me of this.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 6:37:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Bump.  

Looks like tonight your GD thread options are drunken Capnrob posts or this.

One may entertain you, but the other is a much more valuable use of your time.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:02:59 PM EDT
[#7]
bump

Great book!
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 12:20:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Have to save this one from the archives.

And relevant tonight with the derp going on with "students" seizing campus buildings.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 6:16:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Good bump
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 10:08:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Everyone who's read that article, via my social media, so far, has been shocked.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 10:19:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Read that. Reading the actual book now. Crazy shit.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 10:23:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Can anyone alive in that era confirm any of this really happened?

As someone born in the 80s I obviously don't remember this and am always a big skeptical of nut jobs on the internet telling me about their conspiracy theories
View Quote
I suggest you watch the Biography of Forrest Gump. After he shakes hands with President Kennedy-being a Hero of the Vietnam war and BEFORE he shakes hands with Richard Nixon for beating the Chinese at Ping Pong there are a few good segments on the Vietnam Protest Movement. The Black Panther Party comes to mind.....

(Your caution isn't as silly as people make it out to be....again, I've SEEN FORREST GUMP SHAKE NIXONS HAND)
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 10:14:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Great read, I'm farming it out to my select students who get it.  
Bump.
Link Posted: 5/10/2017 11:02:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Found this interesting tidbit in there:

"In 1975, NWLF bombs went off in San Francisco once a week for nine months. They targeted local politicians, including Dianne Feinstein’s house."

too bad for everyone else that evil bitch survived.
View Quote
She made certain that the people willing to kill her knew she was on their side.  Nice little bit of violence against her makes her look good.
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 6:33:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Summer heat bump.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 8:53:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Anti-Archive bump
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 9:13:47 PM EDT
[#17]
BTT
Link Posted: 6/12/2017 2:16:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Barack Obama started his political career in Bill Ayers living room.
View Quote
imagine future candidates in 2036 that were antifa in 2017
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 3:02:47 PM EDT
[#19]
just another bump for good info
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 8:23:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
just another bump for good info
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 10:44:59 PM EDT
[#21]
august bump
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 10:46:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Barack Obama started his political career in Bill Ayers living room.
I have some suggestions for that, but I think we're banning people for it, now.
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 10:52:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Tag for later reading...
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 10:59:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Tag for later reading...
You did read it.

And comment on it

Almost two months ago.

Link Posted: 8/14/2017 2:12:31 PM EDT
[#25]
An excellent read for those who haven't yet given the events of the last week.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 2:37:22 PM EDT
[#26]
i bring this up form time to time.

folks think that the current left demonstrations are something new and/or worse than they ever were.

its obvious that those folks are ignorant of the 60s/70s anti-war and race riots, bombings, black panthers, weather underground, symbionese liberation army kent state, the assassination of jfk, mlk, rfk and the responses, including the washinton DC riots of 68, the wats riots and so on and so forth. in 68 i lived outside of atlanta and a lot of folks thought that after mlk was assassinated there would be an real race war. the tension in the south was pretty heavy duty.

here's some info about the washington DC riots in 68:

On Friday, April 5, the White House dispatched some 13,600 federal troops, including 1,750 federalized D.C. National Guard troops to assist the overwhelmed District police force.[9] Marines mounted machine guns on the steps of the Capitol and Army troops from the 3rd Infantry guarded the White House. At one point, on April 5, rioting reached within two blocks of the White House before rioters retreated. The occupation of Washington was the largest of any American city since the Civil War.

Link Posted: 8/19/2017 2:24:24 PM EDT
[#27]
This really needs a bump.  All of ARFCOM needs to read that blog post.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 7:34:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
This really needs a bump.  All of ARFCOM needs to read that blog post.
View Quote
Yes, the blog is a good primer, but all of arfcom really needs to read the entire book. It is mind-blowing!
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 11:55:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Ahh the good old days
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 1:57:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Reading the book now. . . I was a senior in high school when Patty Hearst was kidnapped. . .was HUGE news at the time. . . 

Those Weather Idiots were totally deluded, self-aggrandizing, arrogant, and, I gotta say, pretty stupid---or mabye woefully naive.  

They REALLY thought they were going to start a revolution in a vast, economically diverse, well-fed, democratic, and individualistically-based nation? . .  I know, I know, "Watergate, end of the Vietnam War, Nixon, etc". . . . but I was around then, and nobody was going---"Yeah, man, we got to go to war!". . . People were just like they are today---trying to raise their kids, go to work, looking forward to vacations, etc. . . 

Funny, when they started turning themselves into LE, nobody cared! . . Most got probation, and fines. . . They were only important and relevant in their own minds. . . 
View Quote
Yes. They really and truly thought that. They still think that.

They are closer now than in the 60's and 70's. It must irritate them so, that people still don't care about their "revolution".
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:06:40 PM EDT
[#31]
This is what is happening BUMP!
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 11:13:31 AM EDT
[#32]
This thread should be stickied.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 11:30:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
i bring this up form time to time.

folks think that the current left demonstrations are something new and/or worse than they ever were.

its obvious that those folks are ignorant of the 60s/70s anti-war and race riots, bombings, black panthers, weather underground, symbionese liberation army kent state, the assassination of jfk, mlk, rfk and the responses, including the washinton DC riots of 68, the wats riots and so on and so forth. in 68 i lived outside of atlanta and a lot of folks thought that after mlk was assassinated there would be an real race war. the tension in the south was pretty heavy duty.

here's some info about the washington DC riots in 68:

On Friday, April 5, the White House dispatched some 13,600 federal troops, including 1,750 federalized D.C. National Guard troops to assist the overwhelmed District police force.[9] Marines mounted machine guns on the steps of the Capitol and Army troops from the 3rd Infantry guarded the White House. At one point, on April 5, rioting reached within two blocks of the White House before rioters retreated. The occupation of Washington was the largest of any American city since the Civil War.

http://www.blackpast.org/files/The_Symbionese_Liberation_Army__1973_1_.jpg

http://www.motherjones.com/wp-content/uploads/shamespanthers_01.jpg

http://axiomamnesia.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/the-weather-underground-documentary.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/fd/c1/ac/fdc1ace09ac8e8813f04535af61ac2ac--watts-riots-black-magazine.jpg

https://img.haikudeck.com/mi/7340bc36113648d0d9b4f56824f8dfbf.jpg
View Quote
Just wait
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 11:47:29 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Truth
View Quote
Seemingly more willing to do criminal acts with little care for the reprecussions.

You could maybe say they're mentally ill.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top