BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:26:52 AM EDT
[#1]
TAG 4 L8R
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:33:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Just finished reading the book, pretty stunning how much the fbi didn't know about Weather and other "liberation" groups.
Have no doubt, Ayers and his ilk will march everyone to gas chambers should they ever get power. The majority of the population ignored most of their shit but they still kept bombing and killing for their crap beliefs.
Ayers should be on death row along with Dorhn and a bunch of others.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:36:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Bump.......Important read.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:38:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Can anyone alive in that era confirm any of this really happened?

As someone born in the 80s I obviously don't remember this and am always a big skeptical of nut jobs on the internet telling me about their conspiracy theories
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 10:28:54 AM EDT
[#5]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spook_Who_Sat_by_the_Door_(novel)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spook_Who_Sat_by_the_Door_(film)
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 10:55:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spook_Who_Sat_by_the_Door_(novel)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Spook_Who_Sat_by_the_Door_(film)
View Quote

Liberal college, liberal friends, at 20 years old it's hard to not get sucked into that culture and join the herd. I remember watching that film with a few SDS friends and cheering on the "protagonist" as he launched a guerilla war against White AmeriKKKa.

Didn't take long after entering the Real World to realize all that was nothing more than a Commie bullshit fantasy, not to mention my professors were liars. Rotten Marxist liars.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 11:12:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Bump for a good article.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 12:19:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Worthy read. I see two points that were covered but not pointed out as major advantages of the Left over the Right.

1).  The values of the Left are more like a cult/collective society while the values of the Right are more freedom/individual based.  No wonder they are better organized.

2).  The Left's willingness to use their own as cannon fodder, as well as their percieved willingness to be used as cannon fodder.

I also don't see a National Divorce as a valid solution. The modern political lines are no longer geographic and even if they were, how long before one side (Left) would try to infiltrate and overthrow the other side?  After all, isn't that how we got to where we are in the first place?

The Left and the Right are on a collision course, and unfortunately, collisions are violent in nature.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 12:32:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

As someone born in the 80s I obviously don't remember this and am always a big skeptical of nut jobs on the internet telling me about their conspiracy theories
View Quote
You think that the Red Army Faction/Baader-Meinhoff, the Weathermen, SLA, etc. were just made up?
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 12:34:22 PM EDT
[#10]
"The amount of history that is left out of the mainstream is simply astonishing."

That's what happens when you forget or ignore history.  The only thing that "astonishes" me is when the posters here respond to threats of race wars and liberal's arming themselves to attack Trump supporters, by saying nonsense such as "They wouldn't know what to do with a gun" or "They're too weak to fight." These same posters ignorantly forget about the myriad of domestic terrorist groups that kidnapped people, robbed banks, killed people, and planted bombs in public buildings to bring attention to their liberal/leftist cause de celebre in the 60's and 70's. Europe had domestic terror groups like The Red Brigades  and the Baader Meinhoff Gang, but, we had groups like The Weather Underground and the Symbionese Liberation Army.

"Those who do not remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 12:58:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm only about half done reading it, but to those who haven't:
Take some time out of your busy day, and read it.

I do NOT intend to hijack this thread, only to add some pertinent content.
PBS (yeah, I know) recently did a documentary about the Black Panther Party.
If you can ignore the obvious/blatant liberal slant, there is good historical information to be learned
Link
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:33:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Bump
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 1:38:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes, it really did happen.  My Army Reserve Center in Uniondale, NY (Long Island) was attacked by the FALN.  They blew up the entrance to the building, then tried, but failed to get into the arms room. The building still bears the scars.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 2:49:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was born in the 1970s but I know it happened.  You can search for all of that and more.  I remember people talking about some of it when I was a kid and a lot of the remnants of those groups survived in some for or another into the early 1980s when they moved on to other pastures, died, or decided to pursue other lives.  This is why I told my kid things aren't nearly as bad as they used to be because this is what it used to be like and we're still a country today.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 3:00:21 PM EDT
[#15]
And, of course, Barack Obama, twice President of the United States, started his political career in Bill Ayers’s living room.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 3:18:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Interesting looking book.  I put it on my Amazon wish list for later.  Right now I’m reading Hugh Thomas’s “The Spanish Civil War”.  Another very good read for anyone wondering exactly how a civil war might evolve and look like in a modern country.

I am impressed at the similarities of the fault lines that developed in early thirties Spain to the fault lines that are apparent in the U.S. today.  Also, I was a young adult at the time of the Weather Underground.  A classmate of mine took part in the bombing of the U. of Wisconsin Math building.
The thing with the sixties and seventies radicals was that no one took them that seriously as an existential threat to the unity of the country.  They were viewed very largely as kooks; dangerous kooks, but simply kooks.

The difference I see now is that mainstream leftist radical ideology is becoming embraced by a large segment of the population that in the sixties was firmly a part of President Nixon’s “Silent Majority”.  There is a deep split that can be no longer characterized as “The Fringe” vs “everyone else”.  Instead, a large segment of the formerly mainstream population has become “leftwing radicalized” (by 1960s/’70s standards).

I see this in my own family.  Most of my family is liberal, but they have become MUCH more hardline and indoctrinated than anything I ever witnessed back in the day.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 4:14:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

I  can absolutely confirm it.   I worked for a former leader of the Lawyers Guild; that group was extremely hard left.  That leader was later appointed by Clinton.

There was a speaking invitation to a .gov conference (later retracted ) to Bernadine Dourne - wife of Bill Ayers (Bill's college GF was killed in an accidental explosion of an IED she was building).  Ayers was involved and tried for the death of an LEO.

The bombings, the snipers - yes, it all happened.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:25:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Born in 1955 I watched most of this derp on the Huntley Brinkley Reports.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 5:45:42 PM EDT
[#19]
good read
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:38:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Night crew bump.... Good read.....
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:47:37 PM EDT
[#21]
reading now
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 12:22:32 AM EDT
[#22]
Alright, had to pause to keep doing other shit, but finished it anyway.

Line that stuck out at me:

Everyone will have enemies’ lists. All of us are already on somebody’s.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 12:34:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Excellent Read, I'm buying his book when I get home (iPotato won't let me buy kindle, closed ecosystem)
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 1:45:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

You serious clark?

My obnoxious hippie mother looks up to these retards. All of that shit happened

Born in '88
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 3:06:36 AM EDT
[#25]
I stumbled on this book a year ago. FYI the audible version of "Days Of Rage" is also very good
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 4:51:44 AM EDT
[#26]
Finally read through this.  That guy was looking into the future when he wrote about right wing people setting self defense groups to protect themselves from the leftists.   What do you think "Based Stick Man" and the other guys in Berkeley wearing armor and fighting the antifa clowns were doing?

He also called leftist escalation pretty much on the ball when you look at the inauguration and some of the other riots.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 5:25:38 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Finally read through this.  That guy was looking into the future when he wrote about right wing people setting self defense groups to protect themselves from the leftists.   What do you think "Based Stick Man" and the other guys in Berkeley wearing armor and fighting the antifa clowns were doing?

He also called leftist escalation pretty much on the ball when you look at the inauguration and some of the other riots.
View Quote

he's a good follow on twitter, too
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:28:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Every bit of it.  I lost my mind when Clinton pardoned those PR shits.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:37:56 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
You think that the Red Army Faction/Baader-Meinhoff, the Weathermen, SLA, etc. were just made up?
View Quote

They even blew up a copy of Rodin's "The Thinker" ....

The Thinker Vandalized

"At approximately 1:00 am on March 24, 1970, a bomb irreparably damaged the Cleveland museum's version of The Thinker. The bomb itself had been placed on a pedestal that supported the enlargement and had the power of about three sticks of dynamite.

No one was injured in the subsequent blast, but the statue's base and lower legs were destroyed. The remaining sections of the cast were blown backward to form a 'plume' at the base, and the entire statue was knocked to the ground. It was reported that this attack was undertaken by a radical political group, perhaps as a commentary on the continuing military action in Vietnam or the elitism of the American government.

Regardless, no one was ever arrested or charged with the destruction. However, the incident highlighted several conservation issues related directly to artistic intent. Since the piece was so dramatically damaged, the museum was unsure how to proceed. One idea was to create an entirely new cast to replace the damaged work. Another idea was to restore the sculpture by recasting elements of Rodin's original. Finally, however, it was decided that the statue should not be repaired, but placed outside the museum in its damaged condition."

Link Posted: 3/16/2017 12:31:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/18/2017 2:10:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Just finished "Days of Rage"... wow. I knew some of that went on, but had no idea the scale. Great book.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 11:57:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Those that have commented and saw the effects first hand, thanks for sharing. Keep the stories coming, the rest of us need the perspective.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 12:03:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Those that have commented and saw the effects first hand, thanks for sharing. Keep the stories coming, the rest of us need the perspective.
View Quote
Linked this thread over in the armed leftist protesters in Phoenix thread.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 12:19:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Great story, needs more helicopter rides. Fuck all Liberals/Commies.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:00:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Wow. This article was excellent. Thanks OP.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 1:41:44 PM EDT
[#36]
Excellent read--thank you for offering it.

I don't know that I agree with his pessimism (but, hey--who the fuck am I?).  I'm actually a bit hopeful.  I actually think that the election of Trump was a very traumatic learning moment for mainstream Democrats.  Before Trump got elected they were perfectly willing to aid and abet the bizarre cultural distortions that were taking place--aid and abet by not doing the realtively simple thinking necessary to acheve some sort if intellectual clarity which would help them to come to the conclussion that they were being played and lied to, but which they were willing to overlook because it seemed like a sure route to power.

When I hear people complaining in alarmed tones about something Donald Trump is doing, I tell them that Trump is a just punishment for their own grotesque cynicism.  You DESERVED to lose to Donald Trump.  After all (I say) you KNEW that Hillary Clinton was a corrupt, self-serving cunt--but you went along with her nomination (didn't you?) because, hey, it guarantees a Democrat in the White House and what difference does it make if she is a lying sack of shit?  

I've found that the shock and the excuses have worn off and they are actually starting to own it--starting to see what eight years of dishnonest media coverage, and eight years of dishonest politically-correct policy analysis has wrought.

I point a finger at them and tell them to find some intellectual  clarity and intellectual honesty and reform thier fucking party--clear out all the cynical lying fuckstick talking heads, and MAYBE begin to look honestly at the very real problems that America and Americans face.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:40:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, the nightly news reports on the FALN made me afraid to go to Chicago when I was a kid.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 7:42:46 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm reading Bryan Burrough's book now- holy shit!
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:18:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:27:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Tagged for in depth reading later,  and bumped.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 8:47:39 PM EDT
[#41]
William Ayers' forgotten communist manifesto: Prairie Fire

Ayers spoke of killing over 25 million Americans and imprisoning countless others to achieve their goals

In 1901 a young communist assassinated President William McKinley after attending a speech by Emma Goldman who advocated violence to spread their message.

Mark Rudd of the Weather Underground detailed the history of the organization and its long roots back to those early days of the communist war on America and how proud
the old folks of his neighborhood were proud of the radicals achievements to advance American communism.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 9:47:39 PM EDT
[#42]
I was a teenager in the 70's and remember a lot of that stuff.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:15:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Good read.

I remember reading about much of that when I was in school in the 80's.

I don't see the divisions in this country getting better anytime soon.This is a good time for preparedness......

[youtube]https://youtu.be/HWMIwziGrAQ[/youtube]
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:32:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
I remember a lot of it, but not all.  In the 60s, a lot of media attention was on the Vietnam war, so a lot of things got mentioned, then they moved on. A few things got a lot of attention.  Patty Hearst, her trial and conviction, the final SLA shootout.  Big news back then. But mostly because she was a rich kid.  Author suggested comparisons to Kardashian, but better would be Paris Hilton going to jail, but 100x more interest. Paris, after all, is just a dumb blond.  Hearst robbed a bank.

I do remember the SLA, weather underground, and BLA got a fair amount of coverage. My take is the media didn't say a lot about them because they didn't know a lot about them. They weren't obviously leftist back then.

Speaking of Hearst and social rehabilitation, she was on an episode of Big Bang Theory. How about that?

There was lots else going on in the world too that required a lot of media attention, like war in Israel, Soviet tanks in Czeckoslavakia, etc.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 10:45:12 PM EDT
[#45]
I was about three blocks away from Sterling Hall Aug 24th 1970 I had been back from Vietnam for a couple of months and was going to summer school at UW when
they bombed Sterling Hall.

I came out onto the street to see the huge black cloud ascending over the campus and dog trotted towards it listening as one after another sirens joined in until there was a cacophony of sirens.

I remember being confused for a moment as to if I was actually home or back in SE Asia.

In the end I left college and Madison and back home to northern Wi to escape the madness for a while.

Found solace working outdoors doing track maintenance jobs and traveling for work in northern Wi and eventually out west in the Dakotas.

Needless to say its pretty disconcerting to see their grandkids carrying on their communist war against America...
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 11:02:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Long read, but worthwhile. He's right about the tremendous advantage the Left has institutions and organization. And with the new media, you can bet a bombing won't be six paragraphs on page 3. Interesting times.
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 11:21:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Ah yes, Isla vista California, the bank...the fire.  They thought, "we do great now".  Remember it well.  Watts.  Berkley. "Peace Committees"...60s. They blew up the wall in Ojai.  Fun days, thought it would never end.........
Link Posted: 3/27/2017 11:31:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Thinking back, I am reminded of a story.

When I was in high school, my best friend Gary showed me a couple of naps he had put together. One showed the nations that were communist 10 years previous.   The other showed the world with all the countries that were presently communist.  There were many. He made the ascertation that within about 25 or 30 years, the whole world would be communist based on the rate at which the commies were taking over.

His math was right, but it did not turn put as predicted.  He did not know, as indeed most of us did not, that communist economies were self destructive.  (Two people who apparently did know were William F Buckley Jr and Ronald Reagan.)

I mention this because I often hear from people on the left that "we are on the side of history."

We heard a lot of that back then, too.  The communists were constantly telling the world that history was on their side, that communism would ultimately win.

Didn't work out for them back then. Won't work out for them now.  Unfortunately, a lot of people are likely to die before the people, once again, discover that truth.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 12:28:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
William Ayers' forgotten communist manifesto: Prairie Fire

Ayers spoke of killing over 25 million Americans and imprisoning countless others to achieve their goals

In 1901 a young communist assassinated President William McKinley after attending a speech by Emma Goldman who advocated violence to spread their message.

Mark Rudd of the Weather Underground detailed the history of the organization and its long roots back to those early days of the communist war on America and how proud
the old folks of his neighborhood were proud of the radicals achievements to advance American communism.
View Quote
Goldman and the assassin were anarchists. Marx would take exception to what you wrote. He hated anarchists.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 9:18:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Goldman and the assassin were anarchists. Marx would take exception to what you wrote. He hated anarchists.
View Quote
Marx wrote that violence was the midwife of every old society pregnant with a new one.

Goldman was a communist who believed in the purity of communism and that the communism in Russia was hypocritical...anarchy being an means to an end.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top