User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 9:21:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Easy.

Chicago style Italian Beef.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 9:26:32 AM EDT
[#2]
I made this the other day.  Fried gulf grouper with homemade tarter sauce on ciabatta bread.  Seasoned homemade fries with ketchup. I love fried fish.

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 9:49:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Clam Sandwich.... I always have tartar sauce.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 10:25:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I don't even know what the fuck or not the fuck the 5th rule says it isn't or is...
Fuck! I can't believed I fucked up the critical rule so completely. How embarrassing.
It should EITHER read "For the purposes of this question, neither burgers nor durgers are sandwiches" OR "For the purposes of this question, burgers and durgers are not sandwiches." In my inebriation and in my great hurry to post this thread at... two thirty in the fucking morning, I cocked it all up and started writing once sentence and finished entirely another.

and I'm not going to even try to figure out the fuck is a hotdurger
While I was trying to look up pictures to accompany my definition, I made discoveries. I got 'Durger' from Giant Bomb, where they use the term generically to refer to hot dogs. There is apparently a chain of restaurants called "durger dog" that serves various kinds of hot dog and sausage-dog.

BUT it may also refer to other things:

The term hotdurger may originate from that Nickelodeon show Rocket Power, where an episode features a restaurant serving hot dogs/sausage split lengthways on a sandwich roll because they ran out of burger meat and hot dog buns at the same time. This kind of durger is also, for the purposes of this question, not a sandwich.

Also, apparently the dudes at Mega64 have their own weirdly-named-meat-food called the "Hambog", a definition for which I cannot find, and I'm not going to watch all of that show just to find out what it is.

Point is: if the original structure of the sandwich is just a burger or a sausage on a bun, it's not a sandwich (for the purposes of this question), because otherwise I think that they would dominate the conversation, and because in my brain they're a different kind of food from sandwiches (Even though it might be articulately argued that a burger is just a ground-beef-patty-sandwich, and that a hot dog is just a semi-open sausage sandwich.

Alternatively, if my first choice is nor is not not a sammich,  
Then it's double steak and motherfuckin' cheese.
Mmmm...

Quoted:
2 slices of bread around a stack of $100 bills.
Well, that's one way to get plenty of roughage in your diet.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 10:27:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Foot long sub/hoagie sandwich

Bread: sourdough sub roll, sliced and buttered on the inside and slightly grilled

Meat(s): prime rib steak cooked medium-rare cut into bite-size pieces and tossed into a Heinz 57 based marinade, deep-fried bacon

Cheese: sliced yellow cheddar cheese

Spread(s): roasted-garlic mayo on both sides of the roll, chunky bleu cheese dressing on the bacon

Fixins: shredded lettuce, sliced red onion, sauteed mushrooms

Add-ons: fresh cracked black pepper and sea salt

Waffle fries with ketchup and a Coke
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 10:36:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Catfish Po'Boy at an amazing "hole in the wall" place local here called Papa Roux

Fucking thing is unreal, I have had almost 20 of them in under a year, I know because they have a card that is stamped everytime you get one, that leads to a free Po'Boy when you get ten. I am on my third card.

It's simple french bread, their amazing home made sauce, their amazing home made cole slaw, their amazing breaded and cast iron pan fried fresh catfish that's almost blackened. Holy shit, it's the best sandwich I have ever had. If it's going to be the last one I could ever get, top that bitch with bacon and provolone.

On a side note, if you go there and eat your meal in the restaurant, you get free unlimited sides. The sides are small portions but you get as many as you freaking want. Water, tea and sweet tea are free and unlimited to.
Love that place
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 10:48:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 10:56:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Peppered smoked turkey and thick cut bacon on thick toasted sourdough with sharp cheddar cheese and spicy mayo. With a large order of thick cut fries and a Dr Pepper.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 11:27:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Reuben on rye.

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 11:33:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Charbroiled tri-tip, cubed and placed on a french roll, sprinkled with Bleu Cheese.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 11:37:58 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Easy.

Chicago style Italian Beef.

I Lived up in Chicago for a few years and I LOVED the sandwiches, specifically a place called buona beef.

They need to go global with that.  I miss it so bad.

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 11:40:44 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Reuben on rye.

THIS ftw.

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 11:42:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Foot long 'club' sub/hoagie.

Roll: sourdough, soft, not toasted.

Meat: sliced roasted turkey breast, rare roast beef and 'Black Forrest/Boar's Head type ham.

Cheese: imported baby swiss, preferably aged a minimum of six months to a year.

Spreads: A single 1/4" bead of mayo runing 10-11" of the roll.  Spicey brown deli mustard, full length.

Fixins':  Lettuce, tomatos, bell peppers, banana peppers, cucumbers, jalapenos and black olives–– all sliced.

Add-ons: cracked black pepper.

thats almost the exact sub I get at publix.
Sliced in half.

Chris

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 11:43:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
gyro for the win

This, or a French dip.
How could you ever get tired of it? You can't. It's beef!
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 11:46:55 AM EDT
[#15]
A BLT on sourdough with Utz' rippled BBQ chips and unsweet tea.

or

A Cuban sandwich from a place in Tampa, I forget its name but it was off of US41 north of SR60 and was a mom and pop place that had lots of picnic tables under the trees for you to sit and eat under with the Utz and unsweet tea.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 11:49:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Shrimp poboy with Swiss cheese from Lisa's Poboys in Morgan City, LA and a Dr. Pepper.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 11:50:13 AM EDT
[#17]
A #7 with hot peppers from Mr GT's sandwich shop. It is a kick ass Italian sub.

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 11:51:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Oyster poboy.

Yup
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 11:52:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Reuben on rye.

With good sweet saurkraut.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 11:56:51 AM EDT
[#20]
When I was in Italy we used to go to this little cafe that served butter and prosciutto sandwiches. They were made with super thin sliced prosciutto, fresh churned butter, and served on sourdough or a croissant. They were very simple but oh so good. Would do a job on my cholesterol level but that would be the one.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 2:54:45 PM EDT
[#21]
I am not going to play by your rules

The beauty of a sandwich is that there are so many great combinations,different breads and rolls,different meats and veggies,sauces and condiments. Just  the variety of different cheeses can occupy ones interest for quite a while.

I just consumed some chicken breast that I had smoked on the Weber with applewood,brown mustard,raw sweet onions with a few strips of sweet red pepper. I placed it on a nice dark rye I got at a local bakery with some nice sharp Cabot cheddar. It would have been good with a nice ripe tomato but I don't have any handy. It is about building something with whatever you have in the fridge. different folks like different flavors
and that is all good.

I try to keep nice interesting bread and rolls around and always have a extensive selection of condiments handy. I could easily live with nothing to eat three meals a day but sandwiches
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:00:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Gosh. I don't know where to begin.

I likes me some BLTC (cheese).

And a muffaleta.

And a lobster roll or crab roll.

That is a really tough decision.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:08:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Good Philly cheese steak.  Fresh bread and meat cooked on a flattop grill that never gets fully cleaned.  And a bunch of the mustard sauce from Texadelphia in Irving, Tx.

ETA:  Or, maybe a pulled pork sandwich right off my smoker with some good vinegar sauce.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:16:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Two big slices of toasted home baked whole wheat week-risen sourdough bread, soft but hearty.

Six thick, crispy slices of bacon, cooked hot until the fat is all crispy.

Big leaves of Romaine, Green Leaf, Oak Leaf, and a small bunch of Tango lettuce.

Two fat, dense, homegrown tomatoes, sliced.

Thick slice of Irish Kerrygold Lancashire cheddar.

Half of a mashed avocado spread on one side of the toast, instead of mayo.

A side of thick-sliced potato chips with black pepper and malt vinegar, as well as a large dill pickle and a Shiner Bock.

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:24:21 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Arby's Beef&Cheddar, extra large curly fries, three cheese dips on the side, iced tea

Do you have Arby's in Turkey?
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:28:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Chicago Wet Italian Beef with spicy peppers

/thread
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:30:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Subway footlong Meatball sub with banana peppers.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:32:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Tough call, but I'll go with:

BLT, with crispy bacon, iceberg lettuce, and vine ripe tomato, with mayo, salt, and pepper on toasted white bread.  Side is potato chips, bread and butter pickles, and a deviled egg.  Iced sweet tea to drink.

A close second choice:  PBJ, crunchy peanut butter thickly spread and grape jelly thickly spread on soft white bread.  Side is fritos and oreo cookies.  Served with cold milk served in large glass with much ice.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:33:29 PM EDT
[#29]
cuban
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:34:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Arby's Beef&Cheddar, extra large curly fries, three cheese dips on the side, iced tea

Do you have Arby's in Turkey?

Yes.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 3:38:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I love way too many sandwiches to ever commit to just one for the rest of my life.

This

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 4:01:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Choice One:
Lightly Toasted Preztel bread roll
Hellmans Mayo on top and bottom of roll
Boars Head Deli Mustard just a dab on top and bottom of roll
Land o Lakes White American Cheese on top on bottom and in between the meats and bacon
Rare Roast beef (not deli but fresh made) thick sliced
Oven Roasted Thanksgiving style turkey Thick sliced
Honey Baked Ham thick sliced
Fresh Butcher Shop Bacon fried crispy
Served cut in half with a fresh Claussen Dill Pickle and Baked BBQ Lays Chips

Choice two:
Classic Philly cheese steak on Amarosa's hoagie roll with white american cheese and mayo
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 4:11:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Pastrami Ruben on rye, side of sweet potato fries and a pint of Provo Girl - Squatters SLC, UT
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 4:20:43 PM EDT
[#34]
There is a local favorite in a little town called Montgomery WV about 30 minutes from me.  It is made best in a little dive joint called Bennys.

It is the Al Burger.  Its supposedly the favorite sammich of a local deceased Italian businessman (read mob boss)

It consists of multiple layers of Ham, Salami, Bologna combined with American Cheese, Dill Pickle slices, and raw white onion.  It has a sauce made of hot sauce and yellow mustard.  It is served hot on a steamed bun from a local bakery.  

The propietor sells about 150-200 of them a day in a VERY small town.  It is served in a plastic basket with ruffled potato chips.  It is best with the cheapest draft beer you can order.  Usually a PBR or MGD.  

My coworker and I state that "Jesus made it"
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 4:22:23 PM EDT
[#35]
There's no way I could pick one but I would be ok if I got stuck with Reubens, brisket po-boys or the Arthur's delight from here :

Camp Verde General Store

If you are ever in the Kerrville, Tx area, DO eat there.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 4:31:48 PM EDT
[#36]
As I am jonesing for a REAL CUBAN sandwhich ATM that is my response,  to many good sandwhiches to just pick one though
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 4:35:15 PM EDT
[#37]
Reuben.

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 4:36:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Jerk chicken sandwich made with Pluto's hot Jamaican jerk sauce, pineapple and shredded lettuce on toasted wheat sub roll with 3 slices of unsmoked provolone served with a side of fried green plantains and a papaya chutney.

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 4:37:03 PM EDT
[#39]
That da-da-damn chicken salad that has celery, seedless red grapes and all that other good stuff on multi-grain.

There, I said it!!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 4:37:37 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
BLT on sourdough

This is good
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 4:48:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Hot ham and cheese. Extra meat and cheese.

First post. I would ask for honey wheat bread.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 4:49:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Philly Fuckin' Cheeeeeez.

BITCHES.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 4:49:56 PM EDT
[#43]
"Enjoy every sandwich."

- Warren Zevon
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 4:51:02 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 4:56:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Royal Sub: Italian sausage patty, fried capicola, provolone cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo, oil & vinegar

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 5:02:19 PM EDT
[#46]
French Dip Sandwich with French Onion Soup & Fresh Green Salad with Bleu Cheese Dressing.

FRENCH DIP SANDWICH & FRENCH ONION SOUP.

My choice would be with a crisp baguette; piled high with rare roast beef.
Real Au Jus in addition to the soup.

I order this meal often.
Few places serve an exceptional combination.
Once in a while, I am pleasantly surprised.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 5:03:58 PM EDT
[#47]
8" piantedosi sub roll. olympic provisions cacciatore sliced ultra thin. morta della with pistacios. black forest ham. provolone. baked to melt cheese. shredded iceberg (you heard me) lettuce, tomatoes, and thin-sliced raw white onions. with vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, and fresh oregano.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 5:04:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Reuben.

Link Posted: 8/19/2012 5:05:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Philly style cheese steak, with thin sliced steak, pepperjack, green and red peppers no onions.

Anyone who's been to the 5 points cafe in Seattle will know how good they are.

yeah, for me, it's hard to get past the bathrooms there (think of the "worst toilet in scotland" from trainspotting) and the weird old creepy guys at the bar to even think about good food.
Link Posted: 8/19/2012 5:07:17 PM EDT
[#50]
Meat boiled in salty lard on rye
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top